Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

What if... it’s an insect army for AoS? I mean it would be a huge surprise AoS army release and a completely new race too. Now odds are it’s something for the fec but it’s fun to imagine the possibilities. 

They have teased images up to a year in advance before.  Rumor engine does not mean it is coming soon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Seraphon endless spell. Spirit of sotek. Quezicoatyl looking thing

It looks more like the wings of a beetle, wasp, butterfly sort of creature and not a big bird or reptile.

Well the hint directly says "sink your teeth into" and "whet your appetite" both of those lines pretty directly imply a Flesh-Eater Courts model. The fangs are also very hooklike which fits that aesthetic. 

Seraphon teeth are flat and rounded rather than the hooked barb style.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Spelling wrong but tapping out fast on phone

Take your time, write slowly and correctly?

Big question, will terrain be a spawning pool?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

Well the hint directly says "sink your teeth into" and "whet your appetite" both of those lines pretty directly imply a Flesh-Eater Courts model. The fangs are also very hooklike which fits that aesthetic. 

It could imply Kroot, too. 

Not saying it is, just that I wouldn't jump to any conclusions

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

Reading the Gloomspite battletome

they gave a brief background paragraph on the Grotbag Scuttlers being a different sub faction of grots from the Gloomspite and Gitmobs who went to live in the  mountain ranges instead of underground during the age of chaos and develop an aerial sky force. 

From the amount of info and exposition, it does look GW has plans or are planning to make Grotbag Scuttlers into a new army in the future 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

Reading the Gloomspite battletome

they gave a brief background paragraph on the Grotbag Scuttlers being a different sub faction of grots from the Gloomspite and Gitmobs who went to live in the  mountain ranges instead of underground during the age of chaos and develop an aerial sky force. 

From the amount of info and exposition, it does look GW has plans or are planning to make Grotbag Scuttlers into a new army in the future 

Yeah, I got that feeling too. They mentioned Grotbag Scuttlers several times in the Gloomspite book. I'm pretty sure they're foreshadowing a future release :) propably not until well into next year, but hey.. I'll be throwing my wallet at them when that time comes.

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

Seraphon teeth are flat and rounded rather than the hooked barb style.

What teeth?  You mean the barbed shapes on the edge of the wings?  There was no teeth in this picture that I could see.

1 hour ago, Malin said:

Take your time, write slowly and correctly?

Big question, will terrain be a spawning pool?

Sorry was at work and not supposed to have phone on lol. I did hear that a spawning pool would be the terrain feature. The only thing I can back it up with is the source told me about legions of nagash before it was revealed. 

@Barbossal

Personally, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that that wing is either Hysh or Ulgu Aelves. Just a guess though.

Edit: @Aelfric  you sneaky ninja!

Edited by Mayple
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mayple said:

@Barbossal

Personally, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that that wing is either Hysh or Ulgu Aelves. Just a guess though.

Edit: @Aelfric  you sneaky ninja!

I googled the 40k vespid and in a lot of the concept art they do have similarly shaped wings in regards to the hook shape.  It very well could be 40k related.

The shadow/light elves would be a neat idea.  I thought it was cool in the most recent God of War how they heavily themed dark elves as less like traditional fantasy elves and more like an insectoid hive swarm race.  They were very bee/wasp-like in that game and it was pretty cool.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Yeah, I got that feeling too. They mentioned Grotbag Scuttlers several times in the Gloomspite book. I'm pretty sure they're foreshadowing a future release :) propably not until well into next year, but hey.. I'll be throwing my wallet at them when that time comes.

Do they speak about ogors in the battletome?

My gutbusters are feeling lonely =(

6 minutes ago, rattila said:

Do they speak about ogors in the battletome?

My gutbusters are feeling lonely =(

Yes

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Yes

Finally a reason to get the book!! Or borrow it somewhere for a quick read. Thanks for the tip! 

9 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Finally a reason to get the book!! Or borrow it somewhere for a quick read. Thanks for the tip! 

Better borrow.  I'm most of the way through the lore and while I can confirm that the word "ogor" appears at least once (in the description of the fungoid cave shaman), it's not a lot more than this.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ghark said:

Rumour Engine for this week :

Jan15-RumourEngine3jhvfhg.jpg

Looks like an insect wing?

Could it be a cloak for a Vampire? The hints give me a Soulblight feeling..

16 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Could it be a cloak for a Vampire? The hints give me a Soulblight feeling..

This is more likely a part of intricate armour. I guess it will be a Wing-Comp if a Blood Dragon vampire.

apart from the guess:

It looks much like something made of metal especially since it appears to have several segments. Additionally it‘s a aggressive design. Vespids are likely. Is there sth. In the Lore about the Vespids which describes them as hungry? Vespid Wing:

8EEAF338-4B37-4A8D-9201-E6D05D1AB74A.png

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

Wild guess,  wing of a moth like creature for Sylvaneth

27 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

This is more likely a part of intricate armour. I guess it will be a Wing-Comp if a Blood Dragon vampire.

apart from the guess:

It looks much like something made of metal especially since it appears to have several segments. Additionally it‘s a aggressive design. Vespids are likely. Is there sth. In the Lore about the Vespids which describes them as hungry? Vespid Wing:

It does not look metal to me, it looks like the cells that you get in insect wings:

9f290829cc5a999e95ae0fa6c3de783e.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

It does not look metal to me, it looks like the cells that you get in insect wings:

9f290829cc5a999e95ae0fa6c3de783e.jpg

Fantasy games are, of course, world-renowned for their strict adherence to realistic biological representation in all models. 🤔😝

3 hours ago, rokapoke said:

Fantasy games are, of course, world-renowned for their strict adherence to realistic biological representation in all models. 🤔😝

The sculptor still needs a reference for what he is sculpting

• Like 3