Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Undead cavalery would be fun lore wise and to bring bretonians players back to WH

not a hope.  The only thing that will lure bretonnian players back is bretonnians :(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hobbycave said:

Coincidence?

20190114_144452.jpg

20190114_144556.jpg

darkoath can shapeshift into greenskins... cool.

Thread closed. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

Theory: The Ruination Chamber will be made up of all the Stormcasts who have been reborn so many times they have lost all humanity but gained strange abilities and are now essentially little more than daemons of lightning and order. Dangerous and unstable but powerful.

This is a great frickin idea. 

Only the faithful! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

Thought it might be worth doing a little post about the current state of play regarding rumours. 

Last year was a pretty unusual year from Gw with no less than 7 big boxed games released of which two were related to AOS. 40k had a bazillion codexes, one campaign book and 3 campaign box sets but only 3 major waves of miniatures ( I’m counting nurgle as AOS). 40k also got an absolute boat load of scenery.   Apart from Soul Wars AOS had 7 battletomes, 1 campaign book, 1 boxed supplement, 1 campaign box and 5 major waves of miniatures. 

I think we will see fewer boxed games this year.

I have a feeling we could get as many as 10 battletomes this year as we will definitely get fewer 40k codexes  but I will be very surprised if we get more than 6 waves of miniatures. 

Here is what we can expect for 2019 in order of likehood

Gloomspite book and minis 100%

Slaanesh book and minis 100% (confirmed by gw)

skaven: book 90% more than one mini 60%

Flesh eaters courts: book 90% more than one mini 60%

slaves to Darkness: book 80% minis 80%

fyreslayers: book 70% minis 60%

ironjawz: book 70% minis 60%

That makes the same number of battletomes as last year. 

Personally I think we will see one completely new faction this year as we have had one every year since launch ( 2015 Stormcast, 2016 Fyreslayers, 2017 KO, 2018 Deepkin) but that is just speculation. 

We will probably see at least one more carrion empire style box and underworlds season 3  

Anything beyond that is pure guesswork. 

Slaanesh book and minis not confirmed at all. There’s mention of stirrings for seekers of Slaanesh in the community preview for the year but that doesn’t equate to a release with book and minis. My guess is there will be a new hero released ala Slimux in Blightwar and maybe one new unit of seekers or something.  I doubt the release of Slaanesh will be considered a less big event than the Goblins showing up but it got lower billing than them in the preview.  I’m pretty sure Slaanesh releases this year will just be a prologue for a big reveal next year.

Edited by Nos

34 minutes ago, Nos said:

Slaanesh book and minis not confirmed at all. There’s mention of stirrings for seekers of Slaanesh in the community preview for the year but that doesn’t equate to a release with book and minis. My guess is there will be a new hero released ala Slimux in Blightwar and maybe one new unit of seekers or something.  I doubt the release of Slaanesh will be considered a less big event than the Goblins showing up but it got lower billing than them in the preview.  I’m pretty sure Slaanesh releases this year will just be a prologue for a big reveal next year.

They said on warhammer community that slaanesh is getting more minis. Not sure if they confirmed battle tome this year though.

8 minutes ago, 123lac said:

They said on warhammer community that slaanesh is getting more minis. Not sure if they confirmed battle tome this year though.

Aye I alluded to that post myself, it’s just that it necessarily doesn’t mean a full release. 2 minis is more minis strictly speaking.

4 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Is this something viable??

No idea! But this was my last theory, back in July, long before any Dankhold Troggoths were hinted at! 😉 

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.48.33 PM.png

hammerhall herald is actually a pretty good place for getting hints from GW, i looked and it looks like they hinted ad both gloomspite gitz, and the flesh eater courts, however i may be wrong as i have no idea when they were posted

I was thinking about price: we already know that the SC will raise their price in february.

The daul armies boxes were always 120€ (euros), less twice the price of SC. 

Do you think that the price of those dual boxes will also raise to more than it was? (example wake the dead 120eur) 

Rumour Engine for this week :

Jan15-RumourEngine3jhvfhg.jpg

Looks like an insect wing?

16 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Could be a new vespid model. But who knows, there are a lot more “bugs” showing up 

21 minutes ago, Ghark said:

At first glance I thought maybe new Vargulf, but it does look a bit off as the undead winged models have bones through them typically.

47 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Dragon wings? Malerion aelves? Just joking but not that far off...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghark said:

Looks like a Vespid wing. That would fall in line with that old rumour of a Kroot/merc codex for 40k

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

Theory: The Ruination Chamber will be made up of all the Stormcasts who have been reborn so many times they have lost all humanity but gained strange abilities and are now essentially little more than daemons of lightning and order. Dangerous and unstable but powerful.

16 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Is this something viable??

In 40k Blood Angels have something similar in the Death Company, so I consider it quite viable and hold the same theory for quite a while now.

Adding to that, the other likely interpretation, that it would be the chamber of warmashines, went out of the window when the Sacrosanct included the Ordinators and a war engine.

They might be less angelic/daemonic than SlaaneshCultist describes, but the idea that the dehumanisation of the reforging will progress to a point where the afflicted can no longer be fielded within the regular formations seems almost inevitable.

26 minutes ago, Ghark said:

The teaser calls it "something to wet the appetite" which might point to FEC. I think it might be a cloak rather than wings. Pointed ends like this are a somewhat common element on Death cloth and armor, though the cloaks tend to be more frayed than this looks from the small bit shown.

I definitely place this in GA:Death and I can't see Death getting more than FEC and maybe a season three Shadespire band this year, so I think this indeed foretells more FEC to come with a Battletome. Of couse, I already thought FEC would get more kits, as right now they are just to small a faction to warrant a modern Battletome, so I am entirely biased.

It doesn't look like the current Vespids and I would think GW would have waited with Kroot Killteam rules if they had new stuff for them in the Pipelines. On the other hand "wet your appetite" fits them quite well.

• Like 1

Last official chatter we had of Tau aux dex or Kroot or anything is it’s not happening. Reliable internal rumor people have backed this up. Hahah expecting 40k to do anything new in this day and age? Lol. Don’t get your hopes up. 

4 hours ago, mmmbbb3 said:

hammerhall herald is actually a pretty good place for getting hints from GW, i looked and it looks like they hinted ad both gloomspite gitz, and the flesh eater courts, however i may be wrong as i have no idea when they were posted

Have to be careful about that.  They did hint correctly about Goblins and even Beasts, but they hinted just as strongly about Skaven before that, and there was nothing at that time for those little guys.  And the first dozen or so pages seemed like they were all about KO...

Honestly I don't think they hint at all with their comics - anything new tends to be purely accidental if it gets any comic reference before the release. 

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I don't think they hint at all with their comics - anything new tends to be purely accidental if it gets any comic reference before the release. 

While there are usually teasers or rumors beforehand, the Hammerhal Herald is very often topical. 

There were 3 about beastmen, at least the first one was before the reveal.
The 3 headed khorne dog had a post before the mini was announced or revealed

FEC got one before that box set was revealed
"Do not Look at the Moon" came out a week before Gloomspite reveal, but after a teaser that the next trailer was destruction (and badmoon related)

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

At first glance I thought maybe new Vargulf, but it does look a bit off as the undead winged models have bones through them typically.

They also are usually tattered and this one is not.

My guess is also that this is some sort of insect design.  Insects feel more AoS to me than 40k, but I am a bit at a loss to think about where they would add something insectoid and relatively non-corrupted or undead.  This rumor is quite interesting.

What if... it’s an insect army for AoS? I mean it would be a huge surprise AoS army release and a completely new race too. Now odds are it’s something for the fec but it’s fun to imagine the possibilities. 

• Like 1