Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

RATS vs. FLESH EATER COURTS SET ANNOUNCED

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/05/breaking-news-new-models-new-expansions-and-exclusive-revealsgw-homepage-post-1

you have to feel a little sorry for the AoS team as I assume most of their big reveals for today got spoiled last week, still of all the places to go next, Skaven & FEC feels pretty, pretty unexpected.

just goes to show how little we all know. 🤪🔨

With today being preorder day for Gloomspite I’m pretty sure they know the Gloomspite would already be revealed. The flesh eater courts reveal is a very welcome surprise and the skaven are overdue to get something new. Can’t wait to see what else is coming for those armies. Maybe a new battletome for each? This year has already been full of pleasant surprises. 

• Thanks 1

As much as I'm excited for skaven, I'm very surprised that they are releasing Grots and Skaven so close together, being bother are generally high model count horde armies. I would have thought they would have broken up two big releases like this. But no bother.

I wont be going all in to the skaven release as I just have too much on my painting backlog (between christmas and gloomspite, as well as all the made to order stuff they have been doing) but at least I can pick up the battletomes (if there is one) and cards. Then next winter I can probably make a start on working on skaven.
I have enough skaven kits to last a lifetime (I brought tons as I've been using parts to slowly make a skaven themed necromunda table) and really should think about getting some of them painted too!

Looks like I'll be spending a lot less on Grots than I originally planned too now!

FEC is one of those factions where I think the lore is just fantastic but I’ve always thought the old repurposed models, whilst not bad, have never come close to doing it justice and put me off.

Be great if they revisit them more and release some more that actually lean into the idea of shambling, rotten cannibals wearing rags and rubbish but who think they’re courtly knights.

would love to see some wearing pots and pans on their heads thinking it was shining plate armour, glorious pennants trailing in the wind that are actually stitched together flayed skin etcetc .

• Like 7

I totally didn't see it coming!!! in a positive way . Now my beg problem: will I keep FEC or Rats, or both.... ouch, my wallet's crying :(

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CarrionEmpireTerra

15 hours ago, Mutton said:

That would be great! Hear anything about new Ogor models, or just a tome?

What I've heard is a book. But I didn't hear any murmurings about skaven or FEC other than generic intent to make more tomes for older factions. Given they are up next... 

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

FEC is one of those factions where I think the lore is just fantastic but I’ve always thought the old repurposed models, whilst not bad, have never come close to doing it justice and put me off.

Be great if they revisit them more and release some more that actually lean into the idea of shambling, rotten cannibals wearing rags and rubbish but who think they’re courtly knights.

would love to see some wearing pots and pans on their heads thinking it was shining plate armour, glorious pennants trailing in the wind that are actually stitched together flayed skin etcetc .

Yeah agreed. They're in a tricky spot, I think - their existing kits are perfectly fine, and them appearing in this box set would suggest they're not being replaced any time soon, but as you say they don't really fit the lore. They'll probably do a couple of new kits with a new tome, so they could follow the new theme with those, but then they wouldn't really match the rest of the army. I'd guess this new hero model is an indicator of the style of anything else we'll see - maybe a little haughtier, but essentially following the same look as the existing stuff. Which, yeah, doesn't really fulfill their potential.

Funny how the new lore totally changes the way you look at the models! 

• Like 1

Wasn't tempted by Gloomspite Gitz, but that new Skaven model looks amazing. I don't need another big box of models, I don't need another big box of models...

Love that Skaven Warlock - you can practically hear his maniacal laughter! That said, the Skaven side of the box feels a little odd. I guess that's just what a Skyre force looks like right now? But It's essentially a Skaven army with almost no actual Skaven in it, all warmachines and Rat Ogres. 

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

Love that Skaven Warlock - you can practically hear his maniacal laughter! That said, the Skaven side of the box feels a little odd. I guess that's just what a Skyre force looks like right now? But It's essentially a Skaven army with almost no actual Skaven in it, all warmachines and Rat Ogres. 

I thought the same...until GW wrote that they will do something for skaven sooooooon

7 minutes ago, JPjr said:

They have to make a cavalery unit. They have to. And a endless spell Grail made of bones and flesh / corpses

• Like 2

Anyone else thinks that rat looks like he’s holding a guitar? 

My group have already nicknamed him Rockout Rat

New models look great. I suspect there’s just battletomes on the way but fingers crossed for more.

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I thought the same...until GW wrote that they will do something for skaven sooooooon

Oh yeah, this pretty much confirms FEC and Skaven both getting a new release somewhere on the BOC to Gloomspite spectrum. Glad to see Skaven finally get it - they feel like such a good fit for AOS, and they're so prominent in the lore, so it's painful right now seeing them divided up into all these barely functional factions 

It looks like a Skryre release, I cant imagine them doing a Skryre book without making their heroes and acolytes plastic, at the very least.

Yes-yes fear us-us.

we will rise!!!

oh god, the idea of starting to collect Gloomspite Götz just vanished.

who cares for stupid weak green-things when I can field a true skaven force.

(Gw please tell me that this is the beginning o f a mixed tome)

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

Anyone else thinks that rat looks like he’s holding a guitar? 

My group have already nicknamed him Rockout Rat

Absolutely and I love it! Dude looks like mid maniacal laugh about to rock out to the sounds of destruction in that powerstance.

17 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Its because these are the only plastic models available for clan Skryre, lol.

And I was  thinking how to convert second warlock for my army - problem solved.

One of my hopes for the new year is very close to be realised. An expansion to Flesh Eaters is almost upon us! I would be very happy with just a plastic vargulf and an update battletome, but this promises so much more! 

New kits and endless spells are a given i think, but wouldnt a FEC Lair- style terrain be also a good idea? Subterrenean caves and charnel houses, or even ruined castles. Think of the possibilities. 

2 minutes ago, Ungface said:

Its because these are the only plastic models available for clan Skryre, lol.

Yeah... just emphasises how weird a spot GW have left Skaven in. 

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

(Gw please tell me that this is the beginning o f a mixed tome)

They can't do the other way. After the tome of today (mixed grots) and LON like tomes (BoC...), all the olds armies will get the same treatment. Next (supposedly) is darkoath but it seems that Rat-tome is on the way: which will be the first?????

For both factions, they just have to add a battleline plastic kit (with options) and eventually a big one (not really needed for skaven)

21 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If wrath and rapture is anything to go by, ‘soon’ can take a looooong time. 

Just now, elfhead said:

Let us not forget Cultists are still waiting for their Codex even though the Space wolves got theirs last year. So yes soon can be a few months; but at least within the year or half a year!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, elfhead said:

well they did say info is coming within weeks so we will know more soon

Edited by novakai