Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

While a new Khabanda model would probably look very cool (and fitting with the shape of the mystery gift), I think it would be a little disappointing to see another Khorne FW model. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think every big FW model made for AoS has been Khorne.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While a new Khabanda model would probably look very cool (and fitting with the shape of the mystery gift), I think it would be a little disappointing to see another Khorne FW model. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think every big FW model made for AoS has been Khorne.

‘Tis true, and I agree.  I’d like to see an alternative faction get a nice centrepiece model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yokai said:

Fair enough. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift through all the natter here to find something actually interesting. Know of another place where one can read AoS rumours (except for the community site)?

there always the DakkaDakka forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of that art, "gosh" Blood angels look bad in MkIII.
I'm just imagining it, we are suave not-vampires fighting the red thirst for humanity ! and you're wearing  armour that looks like cobbled together tin cans.....

Yeah but I hope they make another army builder boxed set for Horus Heresy, especially with MkII or MkIII armour in it, my Death guard will appreciate it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

‘Tis true, and I agree.  I’d like to see an alternative faction get a nice centrepiece model.

To be fair, any AoS model is welcome, the Dragon was the first we had since.... I just can’t remember. There’s not been much fantasy from FW bar the odd star player. Whatever they do daemonswise for Heresy I’m sure will be welcome additions to AoS. If snything I’d like to see some more mechanical fusions so the soulgrinder isn’t so blatantly out of place. Some Daemon Canons and such would be cool.

But seriously whatevr Fw do for Signus Im sure will be very cool, even if its just slight alterations of the lesser and greater daemons as I can’t see them making a brand new Daemon unit type and the write it in the background as “...and this one time”.  Suprised Samus and Utterblight didnt get a AoS entry to double teir worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kronos said:

To be fair, any AoS model is welcome, the Dragon was the first we had since.... I just can’t remember. There’s not been much fantasy from FW bar the odd star player. Whatever they do daemonswise for Heresy I’m sure will be welcome additions to AoS. If snything I’d like to see some more mechanical fusions so the soulgrinder isn’t so blatantly out of place. Some Daemon Canons and such would be cool.

But seriously whatevr Fw do for Signus Im sure will be very cool, even if its just slight alterations of the lesser and greater daemons as I can’t see them making a brand new Daemon unit type and the write it in the background as “...and this one time”.  Suprised Samus and Utterblight didnt get a AoS entry to double teir worth.

actually scrub what I said and replace with a full on what you said. 

Anything is just nice, and anything as part of a campaign book would be even nicer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

New Skirmish would be so good if it took notes from Kill Team

Can I like your post 100 times?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difficulty of AoS Skirmish vs Kill team is that AoS is melee oriented vs KT is Shooting oriented. In KT, most of miniature can shoot while progressing. In AoS, as long as you don't charge, you don't do many things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

The difficulty of AoS Skirmish vs Kill team is that AoS is melee oriented vs KT is Shooting oriented. In KT, most of miniature can shoot while progressing. In AoS, as long as you don't charge, you don't do many things...

What’s so difficult about it? It’s all about positioning and the game will play faster as a result. There will still be units that can shoot and cast spells and such. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

The difficulty of AoS Skirmish vs Kill team is that AoS is melee oriented vs KT is Shooting oriented. In KT, most of miniature can shoot while progressing. In AoS, as long as you don't charge, you don't do many things...

skirmish games tend to focus on close quarters combat, so, melee is at home.

 

The real difference is that 40k focus more on shooting, and aos more on melee, wich, in the end, would balance things anyway.

 

the difficulty of aos skirmish is that it was a halfassed small aos, and is already more outdated than grimgor.

Edited by Sadysaneto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I am sure that kill team gameplay is excellent (by readinh thé rules), a basic transposition to AoS would be an error. They can share the same basic core rules but should have distinct flavour, if not what would be  the point ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 40k you can only use models from the same faction in KT (no SM in IG kill team). I would prefer to still have possibility to  create skirmish warbands from whole Grand Alliances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any hints/take-away from Jervis Johnson podcast? Personally didn’t see much but he mentioned new armies coming (no info or timelines), revisiting skirmish for AoS (couldn’t have been more cryptic) and the idea of new games in the AoS world (just ideas).

But maybe someone actually saw/heard something I didn’t 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Even though I am sure that kill team gameplay is excellent (by readinh thé rules), a basic transposition to AoS would be an error. They can share the same basic core rules but should have distinct flavour, if not what would be  the point ?

the thing is that kt is not simply 40k with 5 models, like aos skirmish.

It has a lot of stuff that adds to a skirmish game: changes on phases, flesh wounds, tactics, specialists, etc.

I think nobody is asking for a basic transposition, just more than AOS with 5 models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone here played Mordheim? I'd absolutely love an AoS skirmish game with that sort of approach.

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

Late 2k19 slaanesh models, battletome slaves to darkness, codex Ynnari. 

Whole year KT support, blackstone fortress support and shadespire support. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Storm said:

Has anyone here played Mordheim? I'd absolutely love an AoS skirmish game with that sort of approach.

I loved Mordheim but woukd compare it more to Necromunda than Kill Team. It requires a lot of investment into roster tracking and building and campaign tracking and such, as well as tons of terrain  to really work. Kill Team has nailed an ability to be a good game  which plays easy while requiring little effort and with little bloat outside the actual gameplay. I would love that for AOS, but the thing is I just can’t picture what it looks like.

Although having said that something like the first LOTR game, which was excellent, actually would work really well. You could almost translate it directly actually. 

Edited by Nos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nos said:

I loved Mordheim but woukd compare it more to Necromunda than Kill Team. It requires a lot of investment into roster tracking and building and campaign tracking and such, as well as tons of terrain  to really work. whereas Kill Team has nailed an ability to be a good game while requiring little effort and with little bloat. I would love that for AOS, but the thing is I just can’t picture what it looks like. 

i think that adding tactics and specialists would be a great start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

Late 2k19 slaanesh models, battletome slaves to darkness, codex Ynnari. 

Whole year KT support, blackstone fortress support and shadespire support. 

T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

Late 2k19 slaanesh models, battletome slaves to darkness, codex Ynnari. 

Whole year KT support, blackstone fortress support and shadespire support. 

Thank you very much for your information!

Regarding the dates, you mean "by sprint 2k19" for example? Because otherwise I'm going to drink some mushroom potion to forget... Was expecting the moonclan for september, then november and then january... 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

Late 2k19 slaanesh models, battletome slaves to darkness, codex Ynnari. 

Whole year KT support, blackstone fortress support and shadespire support. 

I really hope it is early Slaanesh tho....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait still no skaven😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

The difficulty of AoS Skirmish vs Kill team is that AoS is melee oriented vs KT is Shooting oriented. In KT, most of miniature can shoot while progressing. In AoS, as long as you don't charge, you don't do many things...

They could easily add a rule that all models have have a basic 8" 5+ to hit 5+ to wound shooting attack. Call it Thrown Debris, or give it some fluff about small teams specially outfitted for hunting, yadda yadda yadda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wait still no skaven😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Well, "early AoS factions" could include Pestilens at least.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Well, "early AoS factions" could include Pestilens at least.

Only mixed skaven are true children of the horned rat, no place for traitor-things

Yes-yes

ah well maybe will get a game chancing battletome in 2020, year of the rat. (Maybe even with a campaign, determining the uprising of the mighty  (unbeatable) skaven forces)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×