Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8 hours ago, AshCrow said:

"Hey, let's make an Order version of the Chaos Warriors!"

"Sure"

"Hey, let's make a Chaos version of the Order version of the Chaos Warriors!"

Why people keep spouting Chaos Stormcasts? They make no sense  because he concept already exists.

Because the first "hey let's" is a model design choice (let's make a thing that looks like this other thing, only re-skinned), and the second one is a lore choice (let's take the lore in this particular direction, and then make a model line out of the resulting story).

• Like 1

We don't need Chaos Stormcasts.  Chaos Warriors, Blood warriors, Blight kings are that already.  

We also don't need Death  Stormcasts.

• Like 9

Well, those warbands look great and I think I’m gonna need both. Always nice to see them from some different angles.

We also don't need Death  Stormcasts.

But you're ok with green barbarian Stormcasts, right? Destro Stormcasts next summer it is then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

PAX?

Penny Arcade Expo. Unplugged version in Philadelphia. 

16 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

But you're ok with green barbarian Stormcasts, right? Destro Stormcasts next summer it is then!

Damn you beat me to the punch 😂 wanted to suggest stormcast with a tail and an affinity for cheese 🐀

Those miniatures from Pax look ace. I think I’d paint the Darkoath with a grubby paint scheme. Think that would look ace too.

I don't suppose anyone saw any of the rules inside Wrath and Rapture? 

16 hours ago, Kramer said:

Yeah, it makes you wonder if they tweak the photos. Would be perfectly reasonable. I work with some photographers and for other product shoots it’s the norm. 

Shoes and the like are mostly coloured in afterwards. So you get the exact same picture but in all available colours. 

I don't think GW does much tweaking besides just ensuring a good clean shot and lighting. After that its making sure the white balance is right and the photo properly prepared for printing. I don't think they do any recolouring or touchups or such.

One trick I know they have done is that sometimes models aren't glued together for package shots, so that they can use one model and put different arms on it, I think they use bluetack rather than magnets (its a product display rather than game item). There was a case a few years back where the box art for, I think, the plastic wraith knights for Eldar managed to make it all the way through and they didn't have any guns on the models! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't suppose anyone saw any of the rules inside Wrath and Rapture? 

I didn’t see them out today.  There was a sprue of one of the doggies but that’s all I saw.  Could be different tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

Might be nothing, but I saw this symbol on the GW webstore and it doesn't really match either Fyreslayers or Kharadron Overlords as far as I know.

Edit: Nevermind I found it on the Magmadroth.

image0.png

Edited by Ironbreaker
false

9 hours ago, xking said:

don't need Chaos Stormcasts.  Chaos Warriors, Blood warriors, Blight kings are that already.  

also don't need Death  Stormcasts.

I corrected it for you, even while I agree with you!

But everybody can have different opinions, so always speak for yoursel😉

————

i really like the new barbarian models, really dynamic 

Edited by Johann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Overread said:

I don't think GW does much tweaking besides just ensuring a good clean shot and lighting. After that its making sure the white balance is right and the photo properly prepared for printing. I don't think they do any recolouring or touchups or such.

One trick I know they have done is that sometimes models aren't glued together for package shots, so that they can use one model and put different arms on it, I think they use bluetack rather than magnets (its a product display rather than game item). There was a case a few years back where the box art for, I think, the plastic wraith knights for Eldar managed to make it all the way through and they didn't have any guns on the models! 

If you look at the 360 view for the Valkyrie, you can actually see some bluetack holding the back door on! https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Guard-Valkyrie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I corrected it for you, even while I agree with you!

But everybody can have different opinions, so always speak for yoursel😉

————

i really like the new barbarian models, really dynamic 

If you want to respond to me, then respond to me.  But please, DON'T edit my post.     I really hate that.

Edited by xking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The herald is a larger kit than I thought it would be.

Screenshot_20181201-094820_Chrome.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Here are a couple more angles for the warbands:

6AC1FE20-35C5-4D84-95EF-09A2B5D7B99C.jpeg

CD5D9124-D4AF-4EED-8F41-C2BEE831E444.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Here are a couple more angles for the warbands:

20 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Pics from PAX:

What base size are thouse marauders on? They look really big but they could just be 32mm.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, amysrevenge said:

Because the first "hey let's" is a model design choice (let's make a thing that looks like this other thing, only re-skinned), and the second one is a lore choice (let's take the lore in this particular direction, and then make a model line out of the resulting story).

The concept of big, superhuman, heavy armoured warriors that serve chaos is already taken. Chaos stormcast don't bring anything new when we could have a chaos warrior that was a stormcast before falling.

2 hours ago, AshCrow said:

What base size are thouse marauders on? They look really big but they could just be 32mm.

The concept of big, superhuman, heavy armoured warriors that serve chaos is already taken. Chaos stormcast don't bring anything new when we could have a chaos warrior that was a stormcast before falling.

They are 32 mm. 

Surprise this week, Wrath and Rapture is not next week! 

In fact next week is a big 40K week with their Chapter Approved (equivalent to Generals Handbook); A big Campaign book; several models once part of larger kits now being released on their own and new models. So its a big 40K week! 

So if Wrath is coming this year its coming out almost right before Christmas! 

I have a gut feeling GW are going to pull an Orktober and release it on the last week of December

• Sad 1

Have to be honest has been a great year for AoS 2018, and if half rumours are true 2019 looks equally good (Moonclan, Darkoath, Slaanesh, 1-2 AoS 1.0 new battletomes, maybe new aelves?) but plot wise after the necroquake nothing much. Even the 3 latest novellas: darkoath, scourge privateers and freeguild? Seems a poor choice to advance the world lore, or do they provide any hint about potential development of those armies? Didn’t read the books yet, but they are in my Xmas shopping list...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Have to be honest has been a great year for AoS 2018, and if half rumours are true 2019 looks equally good (Moonclan, Darkoath, Slaanesh, 1-2 AoS 1.0 new battletomes, maybe new aelves?) but plot wise after the necroquake nothing much. Even the 3 latest novellas: darkoath, scourge privateers and freeguild? Seems a poor choice to advance the world lore, or do they provide any hint about potential development of those armies? Didn’t read the books yet, but they are in my Xmas shopping list...

I've read novella 7 and 8 and let me tell you they are bloody brilliant and you'll have a great Christmas! The age of sigmar short stories are absolutely brilliant at the moment. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Heart of Winter, The Red Hours and Warqueen give a small snippet of insight into the factions in them (some more than others) but they're pretty limited considering they're so short. I don't think they were ever meant to advance the lore at all, they're cool little stories set in the realms involving a few characters from various factions with no huge world changing events, they could also be setting up these characters for more novels or appearances in the future (which I'm down for honestly). Then there's the Gotrek one which feels like it was written to tide us over until the next novel while also giving us a tiny bit of background on his companion Maleneth, really interested to see where this series goes because so far I'm really enjoying it.  They're all great reads and I honestly think they'd be pretty good to give to someone with no knowledge of AoS to get them interested in the setting, especially The Red Hours.

• Like 2