Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

If they did some sort of dwarven beast rider faction it would be an easy auto buy from me GW. They would compliment my ko well. 

Fyreslayers ride beasts.

Also, while i'm loving the new characters. I'm not loving the fact that all the special characters for Stormcast (minus the Celestant-Prime) are Hammers of Sigmar.

 

Edited by ReynakZhen
extra stuff
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since opinions are being thrown around here's my take.

Was very intrigued from the bits of previews we saw from the art on the tauralon but after seeing it, it's a no go for this consumer. The head is just too silly for me to take seriously and the overall feel of the beast is just too... off.

They could of done a horse/pegasus theme (turned up to eleven) and I would of been more pleased. 

I understand it's a fantasy setting but I do appreciate designs grounded in reality,  if that makes sense. 

The Dracoline on the other hand, props to the sculptor(s). It feels like a real animal. Sold on that one. 

Just my opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReynakZhen said:

Fyreslayers ride beasts.

 

It's a stretch to refer to Fyreslayers as "dwarven beast rider faction".  Just as much as it would be to refer to Beascclaw Raiders as an Ogor infantry faction (hey, the Hunter!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

It's a stretch to refer to Fyreslayers as "dwarven beast rider faction".  Just as much as it would be to refer to Beascclaw Raiders as an Ogor infantry faction (hey, the Hunter!)

Fair point, I'm just trying to subliminally plant the suggestion into GW's mind :) *whispers in GW's ear*  you want to add mini- magmadroth cavalry...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ReynakZhen said:

Fair point, I'm just trying to subliminally plant the suggestion into GW's mind :) *whispers in GW's ear*  you want to add mini- magmadroth cavalry...

Oooh, witness as I immediately switch from gentle castigation to 100% on-board.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Since opinions are being thrown around here's my take.

Was very intrigued from the bits of previews we saw from the art on the tauralon but after seeing it, it's a no go for this consumer. The head is just too silly for me to take seriously and the overall feel of the beast is just too... off.

They could of done a horse/pegasus theme (turned up to eleven) and I would of been more pleased. 

I understand it's a fantasy setting but I do appreciate designs grounded in reality,  if that makes sense. 

The Dracoline on the other hand, props to the sculptor(s). It feels like a real animal. Sold on that one. 

Just my opinion.

I'm just exactly the opposite. I find the Dracoline ugly as sin. What's it supposed to be? Half feline? And we are supposed to see that from the clumsy claws, the ape face, or the Sonic the hedgehog "mane"?

I can't make any sense out of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of this thread to catch up... Have there been any major believable rumours lately? Would really appreciate a TL;DR summary if anyone's up for it! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Swooper said:

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and don't really feel like reading through 40 pages of this thread to catch up... Have there been any major believable rumours lately? Would really appreciate a TL;DR summary if anyone's up for it! ?

I *think* the only thing that is still in the "Rumour" stage and not in the "News" stage is interpretations of the little teaser images they put up on the Community page all the time, which consensus points to Grots of one sort or another.  And predictions of generic non-Hammers of Sigmar versions of the new SCE heroes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

And predictions of generic non-Hammers of Sigmar versions of the new SCE heroes.

Not prediction - it was already confirmed both by GW and GHB point leaks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict that the stormhosts will be like the temples and Skyports. You will be able to have your own and call it hammers of sigmar.

Alternatively you can pick one of the other ones and take generic characters. I too would like to see other special characters from different stormhosts but from the canon the hammers are the poster boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually quite a fan of both the characters, the tauralon especially. I am going for a very grimdark diablo influenced force, and I feel with the right paintjob the tauralon can look terrifying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Taylor said:

I predict that the stormhosts will be like the temples and Skyports. You will be able to have your own and call it hammers of sigmar.

Alternatively you can pick one of the other ones and take generic characters. I too would like to see other special characters from different stormhosts but from the canon the hammers are the poster boys. 

As long as they don't give them rules which only buff hammers of sigmar units idk. 40k sucks that way. Guilliman is worse in a non smurf army and same with crawl and admech. It's not like they are all going to get characters so it's dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Since opinions are being thrown around here's my take.

Was very intrigued from the bits of previews we saw from the art on the tauralon but after seeing it, it's a no go for this consumer. The head is just too silly for me to take seriously and the overall feel of the beast is just too... off.

They could of done a horse/pegasus theme (turned up to eleven) and I would of been more pleased. 

I understand it's a fantasy setting but I do appreciate designs grounded in reality,  if that makes sense. 

The Dracoline on the other hand, props to the sculptor(s). It feels like a real animal. Sold on that one. 

Just my opinion.

I think you really have a point there, the thing about humans is that we relate to stuff. Lots of people want something in their armies they can relate to for that matter, and I think a lot of the old fantasy setting is being destroyed needlessly to create this new, alien-like fantasy world.

I would love if they toned down the "innovative" side a bit and go back to regular fantasy designs, or at the very least keep it at a 50:50 ratio. I would also love if they would go back to having fantasy themes inspired by real world cultures. Tomb Kings was great in that regard, taking both egyptian and indian themes in their designs. I would love for there to be some armies around araby culture, nippon culture, etc. I find it very unlikely that even though the old world got destroyed that none of those cultures still exist.

Recently there was a kickstarter by Titan Forge called Dragon Empire, displaying high end Samurai miniatures and other japanese inspired models, the kickstarter was a huge success. I think GW is really missing a huge market by not capitalizing on that kind of stuff and I really hope they do soon :)

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kugane said:

I think you really have a point there, the thing about humans is that we relate to stuff. Lots of people want something in their armies they can relate to for that matter, and I think a lot of the old fantasy setting is being destroyed needlessly to create this new, alien-like fantasy world.

I would love if they toned down the "innovative" side a bit and go back to regular fantasy designs, or at the very least keep it at a 50:50 ratio. I would also love if they would go back to having fantasy themes inspired by real world cultures. Tomb Kings was great in that regard, taking both egyptian and indian themes in their designs. I would love for there to be some armies around araby culture, nippon culture, etc. I find it very unlikely that even though the old world got destroyed that none of those cultures still exist.

Recently there was a kickstarter by Titan Forge called Dragon Empire, displaying high end Samurai miniatures and other japanese inspired models, the kickstarter was a huge success. I think GW is really missing a huge market by not capitalizing on that kind of stuff and I really hope they do soon :)

At this point, we run into the Warhammer Fantasy problem of "it's this culture, but with this thing" gimmick that we see with the Empire, Brets, Ogres, Lizardmen, and Tomb Kings. It becomes repetitive when you have seen medieval fantasy European knights on the board over and over again. It's fine to want those things, but it is everywhere once you look around at other major or minor miniature gaming companies. 

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tauralon's face is absolutely horrifying. For my money it's a scarier beast than most of the monsters of chaos out there. It's a really good model, too, great pose, fantastic wings. I'm mad about that because I'm going to have to buy one now.

I think I like the Dracoline? I want to see it in the flesh, so to speak. I'm glad there are more fantastical monsters in Age of Sigmar though. Unique creature designs is something that helps make a house a home, so to speak, when it comes to fantasy settings.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of Tauralons.

Just looking over Tauralon's design, it has the feeling to be a majestic beast, and a celestial entity, without looking like a big monster. For me, they nailed it without going to cliché (pegasus, lions with wings, dragons, etc...).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Tauralon too, especially if you could paint it a shade of brown or even black. 

I would like to see a mount more resembling the iconography of the Stormcast, particularly something lion like. Like a good Manticore. 

I appreciate the imagination put into the recent releases. The Deepkin were similar. How easy would it have been to go with kraken, sea dragons, incorporate the kharibdyss and so on? Some would still like that (can't say I wouldn't) but I'm pleased there's some curve balls like the Eidolon. 

Going forward, I'm really interested to see what happens with the remaining Aelves of Hysh and Ulgu... Particularly Malerion's Aelves. 

Edited by syph0n
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it ever determined if the Mistweaver from Silver Tower is connected to the Deepkin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Was it ever determined if the Mistweaver from Silver Tower is connected to the Deepkin?

No he's still shrouded in mystery.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Was it ever determined if the Mistweaver from Silver Tower is connected to the Deepkin?

Nope.

Personally I think it is going to be connected to or a part of Malerion's Shadow Aelves...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the Mistweaver was an early concept for the Idoneth Deepkin. She was released with ST as a teaser, but they ended up going in a different direction with the faction and couldn't really include her any more so she's forever left without a faction.

 

I'd be happy to be wrong on this, but it's my current personal theory.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mounts for the new SCE are ok, they just did something with the heads. I don't know what it is with GW and heads, most of their models have horrible faces. Head swamps with gryphon riders could do wonders to the models. I mean the "ram" pegasus should have a ram or goat head, at it would be perfect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swooper said:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the Mistweaver was an early concept for the Idoneth Deepkin. She was released with ST as a teaser, but they ended up going in a different direction with the faction and couldn't really include her any more so she's forever left without a faction.

 

I'd be happy to be wrong on this, but it's my current personal theory.

i can see that.

her helmet looks very similar to the turtle drummer and as a whole she looks like she sort of matches up with some of the characters.

Plus, 'mistweaving' seems pretty close to some sort of mystical water-type conjuring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whaaat? Y’all are crazy. All of the new models are just amazing. Not sure if I am missing something but compared to almost every other game or company even those heads of the new mounts are amazing sculpts. 

I cant wait to paint them :D

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×