Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Yep. After how good the new aelfs look, I can't wait to see some duardin. However, even though I've been a dwarf player for many years, my wallet might have to wait for Tzeentch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... I think ill wait for some metal duardin... meanwhile can work on my stormcast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From poster on Dakka:

Alright guys, I know I'm no rumormonger so you don't have to believe me but here are some news: 

- The AoS rule book with points will have official 6 scenarios, points for everything, including Tomb Kings etc. It will cost 20 euros and is huge. It's coming out end of June or July. 

- Alarielle is not on a giant beetle, she's flying above it. She's huge, Nagash's size. 

- A new set of collecting boxes are coming for AoS: Around 20 euros for a "ready to play" set. For example: 5 Liberators vs 5 Blood Warriors, etc. I forgot if they have paint in it too or not, but they will have scenarios and rules, everything to be played right away and initiate new players. 

That's all I have for now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interested to see start collecting boxes with two forces,  if they have one with 5 orruk brutes I might grab it, depending on who it's paired with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of cheap starters, just be good fun to paint a few random units like that on the cheap. 

Was really liking the Allarielle on giant beetle idea so I hope there is still a beetle model. I wonder if the beetle is still part of the same model or is an entirely separate kitchen? (Edit: I mean kit)

Edited by Carnelian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big fan of the idea of mixed boxes. What are the chances it'll be two armies you collect? At least there'll be a glut on eBay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

Not a big fan of the idea of mixed boxes. What are the chances it'll be two armies you collect? At least there'll be a glut on eBay. 

It takes two to play the game. If two friends split the set between them, £10 each is a very affordable way to get into the game. L

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also swaping miniatures from the set is a way to make a comunity, in this price you can give the first 5 models to your firend as a gift. I a way "if you like it buy second and give me your spare half".

I think it is a good way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that. I'd just rather be able to buy £20 worth of minis than have to buy £10 worth twice by spliting two sets with a friend. I suppose the more entry points, the better though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think these sets are meant specifically for guys like you or me @hobgoblinclub :P It's more for the newbies/kiddies who want and need cheaper boxes that they can start playing right away. Even the Start Collecting! boxes are fairly pricey and difficult to put together. Something even cheaper, or same price + stuff, would go over really well I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will probably be starter set clampack.

5 stormcast with shield and hammer vs 5 blood warriors?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

I don't think these sets are meant specifically for guys like you or me @hobgoblinclub :P It's more for the newbies/kiddies who want and need cheaper boxes that they can start playing right away. Even the Start Collecting! boxes are fairly pricey and difficult to put together. Something even cheaper, or same price + stuff, would go over really well I think.

Oh, I know. I just want stuff for me. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny that the Ghouls look scared. 

I hope the release isn't all scary...my daughter likes the elven aspect more. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmh. Those top ones look more like ghouls than elves. Would be nice to get sone more FEC units, but I doubt that GW would release something new so soon after the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look propa scary them ghouls.

So it seems that the more normal Treekin is maybe Aelfs that wanted to be one with the forest? Since they are disconnected from the forest and are not welcomed there according to the lore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those tree aelfs look great! Looks like they're going all the way with sylvaneth aelfs being feral/nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a darker take than I expected. Background to this faction could be interesting. Don't like this art much. Not an elf guy in general though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dez said:

I think it's funny that the Ghouls look scared. 

I hope the release isn't all scary...my daughter likes the elven aspect more. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Given the delusions of the Flesh Eater Court maybe the Crypt Flayers see the Sylvaneth as the horrific beasts that they have to ****** up the courage to challenge? An interesting inversion of the old trope of the mindless killing machine baddies versus the plucky underdog good guys.

I think from what we have seen of this artwork we can expect a new infantry unit, that appears to construct two different units - a much more elfen unit (you can see them battling the Khorne Daemons in the second picture) and then a much darker take on them shown the first picture. From the artwork from Warhammer Fest we also appear to have a new monstrous infantry unit in a style similar to the Treelord miniature. That which gives us a really coherent visual identity for the army and I would think an interesting gameplay experience.

Personally I think this artwork is a little bit cartoony for my tastes (love the pictures we saw from Warhammer Fest personally) but the concept they are depicting is really exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sete said:

They look propa scary them ghouls.

So it seems that the more normal Treekin is maybe Aelfs that wanted to be one with the forest? Since they are disconnected from the forest and are not welcomed there according to the lore.

We all know Allarielle created the Dyrads and the tree folk, these new Half Aelf half Dryad could be her interpretation of Aelves, her trying to bring back the Aelves she misses so much etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't look like the bad-ass Mandrake/Dryad hybrids we saw in the Warhammerfest poster in that first painting, so hopefully that is first draft art.  They seem to have the long hair in the second painting, so fingers crossed that is what the figures will be like.  I've still got a box of Mandrakes somewhere - they might make it onto the table if they fit in with the new Slyvanneth list. 

Allarielle looks great in the second painting - and that giant beetle looks awesome.  The combo of her brightness and its dark armour is going to make for some lovely painted models. 

Edited by axis mundi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, axis mundi said:

They don't look like the bad-ass Mandrake/Dryad hybrids we saw in the Warhammerfest poster in that first painting, so hopefully that is first draft art.  They seem to have the long hair in the second painting, so fingers crossed that is what the figures will be like.  I've still got a box of Mandrakes somewhere - they might make it onto the table if they fit in with the new Slyvanneth list. 

Allarielle looks great in the second painting - and that giant beetle looks awesome.  The combo of her brightness and its dark armour is going to make for some lovely painted models. 

Most likely a dual kit, as they have different heads and different weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Almost certainly a dual kit. It'd be interesting if one build had the Sylvaneth keyword and the other had the Wanderer keyword. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×