Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

The Order, Death and Destruction images are literally the icons for the GAs in the big core book so I’m not looking to them for any indication other than “we think these images represent the GAs”. The Chaos symbol is a representation of the big 4 and the rats so arguably more neutral than the Khorne image they use in the book. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only problem concerning the "Soulblight is just an icon, you should not read anything behind", is as it is 'oy a proper faction since the beginning of AoS, why didn' t they put Nagash or Arkhan ? That would be so much more relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t we already seen that exact image last year? It looks very familiar to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I read the preview correct that all the Dominion of Sigmar Scenery is also in Forbidden Power?

 

'In addition to loads of new rules and background, the expansion includes a new piece of modular scenery – a Penumbral Engine – and four new endless spells in the form of a Soulscream Bridge, Horrorghast, Shards of Valagharr and Lauchon the Soulseeker. The set also includes warscroll cards for each of the endless spells as well as the Penumbral Engine and all of the new terrain kits from the new Dominion of Sigmar scenery range. Speaking of which…'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did somebody succesfully interrogate any GW employee about future releases? What battletomes are next or something? 

Edited by Aryann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

. The set also includes warscroll cards for each of the endless spells as well as the Penumbral Engine and all of the new terrain kits from the new Dominion of Sigmar scenery range. Speaking of which…'

I guess they mean the Warscroll cards are included, not the scenery itself

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

Do I read the preview correct that all the Dominion of Sigmar Scenery is also in Forbidden Power?

 

'In addition to loads of new rules and background, the expansion includes a new piece of modular scenery – a Penumbral Engine – and four new endless spells in the form of a Soulscream Bridge, Horrorghast, Shards of Valagharr and Lauchon the Soulseeker. The set also includes warscroll cards for each of the endless spells as well as the Penumbral Engine and all of the new terrain kits from the new Dominion of Sigmar scenery range. Speaking of which…'

The rules for the Dominion of Sigmar Scenery are in Forbidden Power, not the actual models themselves, that is a separate set of terrain packs. In fact it suggests that the terrain has warscrolls rather htan just rules.

 

Of course being terrain you can use it with or without the dedicated warscrolls. It's part of GW's move to not have as much generic terrain and instead have more specific terrain features with dedicated warscroll rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Did somebody succesfully interrogate any GW employee about future releases? What battletomes are next or something? 

Doubt anybody got any hints out of GW staff on what's coming next 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Doubt anybody got any hints out of GW staff on what's coming next 😉

Is this your subtle way of saying that you failed us?! 

 

Or that you got totally distracted all day by the contrast paint? ;)  - note just read your bit in the contrast thread and saw the mini you painted. For a non-painter like myself that looks darn impressive for what was basically a "slap it on in 5 mins before its all over" type of model. I agree there's still the detailing and some more highlighting would improve it, but it provides a fantastic base to work from. What will really be interesting is mixing it with other colours and washes and the like. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Is this your subtle way of saying that you failed us?! 

 

Or that you got totally distracted all day by the contrast paint? ;)  - note just read your bit in the contrast thread and saw the mini you painted. For a non-painter like myself that looks darn impressive for what was basically a "slap it on in 5 mins before its all over" type of model. I agree there's still the detailing and some more highlighting would improve it, but it provides a fantastic base to work from. What will really be interesting is mixing it with other colours and washes and the like. 

In short yes 😭  I've yet to write up a review, but this year I found the structure of the event was far too tight (combined with some not great organisation in places), which resulted in me having hardly any time to talk to many of the staff.  I nearly always do feedback to the events team so will likely try and construct something again (disclaimer - it was still a great event).

I'm actually quite excited by the potential opportunities of the contrast paint, can see there being some really off-tangent applications once people start playing with it.  It also very much emphasises the argument that there's no excuse to play with an unpainted army!  Don't get me wrong, we're still going to see some pieces that would fit into a Stephen King novel, but as you say, that really solid base is often all people need to start hitting the next level.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the quick good result is going to be a big thing; giving highlights and shades in one go along with the layer colour is going to boost the confidence of many to get stuck in with painting. Plus its a step away from the "ok so you need 3 or 4 layers of paint per colour and two coats of each colour so that's 6 to 8 layers and you've got, what 5 or 6 colours so that --- -- "" etc approach. Which works well, but can appear really complicated and is even more so if you don't spend time working out the order to paint it all up in. Whichis the approach that the paint app suggests since most of those colours are indeed made up of several layers. 

The contrast paint is very much - you want red get the red paint pot and slap it on - done.

Coupled to metallic paints and the paints like red gore and the weathering paints and painting its really establishing a powerful toolkit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new Death faction would have me super excited cause aside the Nighthaunt the rest of the models are quite ancient and anything new would need to have more models and replacing the existing ones. I only hope they will be less generous with the new models because you don’t really need all those present in the Nighthaunt release...

For all speaking about Tomb Kings, how can that not be a brand new faction anyway?? They surely are not going to recycle the old miniatures even if they were coming back, so new for new all factions are up for the grabs. But I would see Deathrattle in front of Soulblight because of the Shadespire warband.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

A new Death faction would have me super excited cause aside the Nighthaunt the rest of the models are quite ancient and anything new would need to have more models and replacing the existing ones. I only hope they will be less generous with the new models because you don’t really need all those present in the Nighthaunt release...

For all speaking about Tomb Kings, how can that not be a brand new faction anyway?? They surely are not going to recycle the old miniatures even if they were coming back, so new for new all factions are up for the grabs. But I would see Deathrattle in front of Soulblight because of the Shadespire warband.

I imagine it would be Deathrattle or Soulblight (either linked to whichever of Nagash’s allies has been locked up by Sigmar).   I’d love to see Soulblight but with Aelven and Dwarven vampires too.  Now all the races are living together it would be odd that Death is still only human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

I imagine it would be Deathrattle or Soulblight (either linked to whichever of Nagash’s allies has been locked up by Sigmar).   I’d love to see Soulblight but with Aelven and Dwarven vampires too.  Now all the races are living together it would be odd that Death is still only human.

We never had confirmation of elf or dwarf (or halfling!) vampires existing in WFB, so it would be a bit of a curveball. Other races' skeletons again would be great though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

We never had confirmation of elf or dwarf (or halfling!) vampires existing in WFB, so it would be a bit of a curveball. Other races' skeletons again would be great though!

There was an elven female vampire in The End Times series (forgotten her name... I wasn’t playing Warhammer during the end times).  So no lore reason why the Soulblight infliction would not work on Aelves or dwarves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done some research on the end times(before my coming to the hobby) it is said that Khalida decided to join Nagash instead of having her bones scattered across the desert like Settra, so there's a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For death, I believe there is ongoing rumour that death is going to receive new legions of nagash tome to replace the old one (and seperate nighthaunt completely from LoN) with new models added. Doesn't sound unbelievable to me, considering that only 1 and half year ago they released chaos space marines codex with no new models and only recently they released abaddon and friends to supplement that codex and soon it has been 1 and half years from LoN release. Most likely will be tied to this stormvault thingy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

For death, I believe there is ongoing rumour that death is going to receive new legions of nagash tome to replace the old one (and seperate nighthaunt completely from LoN) with new models added. Doesn't sound unbelievable to me, considering that only 1 and half year ago they released chaos space marines codex with no new models and only recently they released abaddon and friends to supplement that codex and soon it has been 1 and half years from LoN release. Most likely will be tied to this stormvault thingy.

I'd be amazed if they did that, unless they are going to release some brand new units which seems unlikely. Mostly just points values that need amending imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aryann said:

Did somebody succesfully interrogate any GW employee about future releases? What battletomes are next or something? 

They didn't told anything YET, but we have high hopes that the waterboarding session will bring some answers. Stay tuned.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the cursed company were only undead dwarves, skaven, lizardmen, and such. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make them vampires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

YO!!!

AoSRPG_SS_Cover_190424-SMALL-768x2079.jpg

 

Well at least KO are usable as poster boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aelven supremacy said:

There was an elven female vampire in The End Times series (forgotten her name... I wasn’t playing Warhammer during the end times).  So no lore reason why the Soulblight infliction would not work on Aelves or dwarves!

Eldyra. Easy mistake. Read on to End Times: Khaine.

Spoiler

It's revealed that she was never made a vampire, but that Nagash being resurrected as an Incarnate had caused her to become the reincarnation of/new elven goddess of death. Eldyra and the von Carstiens only thought she was a vampire long enough for Lileath to turn up and reveal this.

 

Spoiler

Grungni's beard I hate elves. 😣

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Eldyra. Easy mistake. Read on to End Times: Khaine.

  Reveal hidden contents

It's revealed that she was never made a vampire, but that Nagash being resurrected as an Incarnate had caused her to become the reincarnation of/new elven goddess of death. Eldyra and the von Carstiens only thought she was a vampire long enough for Lileath to turn up and reveal this.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Grungni's beard I hate elves. 😣

 

 

Still means that some of those who would be in the best position to know thought elven vampires entirely possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...