The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Well...

1971015798_ScreenShot2019-05-16at10_33_52AM.png.aa739b3b10074093e2456a2ec6d86bf7.png

They aren't any Earthly language I recognize. Is anyone here familiar with the letters of any of GW's imaginary languages? Could it be Dwarven, Elvish, or Chaos runes?

I think the closest match is the scribbling on Stormcast and terrain.

Now, so far I think we've only seen it on Azyrite stuff, but I think it might actually be a sort of common tongue rune system dating back to the Age of Myth. In that case Death would use it as well (while Chaos and Destruction wouldn't, both still ousing their own dating back to the World-That-Was).

So we have the possibilities of it being censure by Sigmar or Shyishian. I lean towards the later since it looks a bit less stylised than the Azyrite stuff, but that might just be my perception or the low resolution of the image.

6 hours ago, mikethefish said:

At Warhammer Fest, they made special note to say that War Cry was a big product that would be continually supported.

As an aside, they also said that the non-Chaos factions (so Gloomspite, Stormcast, etc) would receive War Cry-specific models eventually.  Just not at initial release

Well, they said ‘who knows what the future holds for them’. They didn’t actually say they would be getting them. 

• Thanks 1

So will forbidden powers book clearly say who it is??? We are asuming that the "great and ancient evil trapped on the shores of Lake Lethis" is that guy behind Oly and Prime but maybe is just an endles spell or Nagash playing with a puppet , and that ancient evil is not a guy and is a soul eater sword that ate his boss one or I don't know, just Sauron's ring. So... will the book say clearly WHY and WHERE are they fighting and WHO or WHAT is that great and ancient evil?? 

I wanna know!!

35 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Page 1066! anyone got any rumours pertaining to historical wargaming to commemorate the event?

I agree that the runes look like the azyrite text on the various scenery kits. The chaos runes have  a much more angular look, with a few exceptions.

Perhaps missile weapons will become game-changing again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

I flipped through a Khazalid reference I have, and it does not look like Dwarf runes.

These seem to be some kind of altered high elf runes RUNES

1971015798_ScreenShot2019-05-16at10_33_52AM.png.aa739b3b10074093e2456a2ec6d86bf7.png.52bbedaa97ec1565a27ec9ce90ffa5c6.png

What I could make out:

Right to left:

Garvir, Darkness, Gloom

(mirrored) Horothoi, youth, Boundless Energy (makes sense due to the Penumbral Engine)

Lacoi (as mentioned before), Might, Glory, Fear of Death

Dassoir, Scrying, Sight, Forbidden Knowledge  --- Or --- Lecai, Light Mobility of the Soul

(this one is pure speculation) maybe Oriour, blood, birth

the first one: Hard guess, this might be Tavlu, Mark of Hoeth, Misery

In the right order (with a little interpretaion):

Misery, Birth (Blood), forbidden knowledge, Fear of Death, Boundless Energy, Darkness

Sound a little like the Nagashs story XD 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

3 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Well...

1971015798_ScreenShot2019-05-16at10_33_52AM.png.aa739b3b10074093e2456a2ec6d86bf7.png

They aren't any Earthly language I recognize. Is anyone here familiar with the letters of any of GW's imaginary languages? Could it be Dwarven, Elvish, or Chaos runes?

giphy (1).gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

1971015798_ScreenShot2019-05-16at10_33_52AM.png.aa739b3b10074093e2456a2ec6d86bf7.png.52bbedaa97ec1565a27ec9ce90ffa5c6.png

What I could make out:

Right to left:

Garvir, Darkness, Gloom

(mirrored) Horothoi, youth, Boundless Energy (makes sense due to the Penumbral Engine)

Dassoir, Scrying, Sight, Forbidden Knowledge  --- Or --- Lecai, Light Mobility of the Soul

Misery, Birth (Blood), forbidden knowledge, Fear of Death, Boundless Energy, Darkness

https://imgur.com/gallery/gWuYo26

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What I could make out:

Right to left:

Garvir, Darkness, Gloom

So whatever or whoever it is, it was bound by Teclis, not Sigmar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Not necessarily. We've already noted that the Azyrite runes look a lot like Aelven runes.

That's true.  After all, Sigmar had to learn how to make runes from someone - I don't think he used them in the World-that-was.