The Rumour Thread

Just a point on price but a lot of the core models are pretty cheap for slaanesh - the getting started is cheap and has most of the core army models within it; plus if you grab some slaves then they've got some really great priced models in there! 10 horses for about the same price (if less) than many factions pay for 5. 

So I can also see GW loading more profits on some of the newer models because the core army is quite cheap in comparison (then again after the cost of Witch Aelves EVERY army feels cheap for troops)

Unlike Tzeentch Slaanesh had a mortal unit already in old Warhammer - the Hellstriders kit. I hope you get proper mortals sooner than later though as the best thing about Chaos armies is having both daemons AND mortals! :)

What I most hope for are proper Chaos Warriors though, maybe with lots of god-aligned bits. Frankly only Tzeentch and Slaanesh need them as Nurgle and Khorne got their own variants. Plus Slaanesh and Tzeentch share some visual cues in their armor (like more elegant trim, more pointy overall shapes and the like). Keeping my fingers crossed...

• Like 3

Whinning is really bad, Slaanesh is getting brand new BT, with a lot of stuff - 2 smaller heroes, huge KoS kit, Mirror thing unit, endless spells and terrain and people are still complaining. Even after getting new Fiends and another hero in Wrath&Rapture. 

This is  standard AoS release - you can always take Slaves of Darkness with Slaanesh mark for mortals. There are many armies even 2.0 with much more limited choice of models/units entries. 

Really don't understand the whining at all. Slaanesh has got the fiends and harpist from WaR box, now a new deamon prince, a new mirror unit, a new greater deamon, a new book, 3 new endless spells, new terrain.... I mean jesus christ what more do you want?

When Sylvaneth get a re-release I expect 3 endless spells, 1 terrain feature, a new model and I'll be very happy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

5j1dzbdl70u21.jpg.96cea95220dc781ced1b8e68e2013f9d.jpg

Bones huh, maybe new Death army coming soon?

Come on GW gimme Deathratttle Legions with boneconstruct monsters or some kind of weird Soulblight vampire riding a construct that's all I ask. They do look like smaller versions of Nagash's bone tentacle things he has on his back though, maybe whatever this thing is will have a similar aesthetic assuming this is something from a new Death army I mean. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Really don't understand the whining at all. Slaanesh has got the fiends and harpist from WaR box, now a new deamon prince, a new mirror unit, a new greater deamon, a new book, 3 new endless spells, new terrain.... I mean jesus christ what more do you want?

When Sylvaneth get a re-release I expect 3 endless spells, 1 terrain feature, a new model and I'll be very happy. 

I would trade out the mirror for some mortals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Entitlement basically. Even if we do get mortal units they're going to complain about something else. I keep seeing this issue posted at least twice a day on Slannesh FB. Gets really tiring

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

I would trade out the mirror for some mortals.

If only you had a massive range of armoured warriors, unarmoured warriors, armoured knights and skirmish horsemen at your disposal to use :)  All who are mortals 

Edited by AaronWilson
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Qayin said:

Entitlement basically. Even if we do get mortal units they're going to complain about something else. I keep seeing this issue posted at least twice a day on Slannesh FB. Gets really tiring

Er no, GW set the precedent. The other chaos gods got new Daemons AND mortals.

• Thanks 2

Just now, AaronWilson said:

If you had a massive range of armoured warriors, unarmoured warriors, armoured knights and skirmish horsemen at your disposal to use :)  All who are mortals 

Yeah unfornately they dont match the slaanesh aesthetic.  The other three gods have their own unique mortal factions. I repeat again the other three got new mortals AND daemons.

GW set the precedent.

• Thanks 3

Just now, shinros said:

Yeah unfornately they dont match the slaanesh aesthetic.  The other three gods have their own unique mortal factions. I repeat again the other three got new mortals AND daemons.

GW set the precedent.

It must be a tough tough world where you don't get  the plastic soldiers your heart truly desires. We won't agree on this matter, have a good day my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

It must be a tough tough world where you don't get  the plastic soldiers your heart truly desires. We won't agree on this matter, have a good day my friend. 

You have a good day as well, as a consumer I have the right to be disappointed with a company. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Surely there’s nothing wrong to argue about something, just be ready to get feedback that might not be your taste.

ANYWAYS, back to the (possible) tomb king tail(??)

Well one thing is obvious it's death. I think it's deathrattle, not tomb kings. Looks like GW are getting around to it. 

14 minutes ago, shinros said:

Well one thing is obvious it's death. I think it's deathrattle, not tomb kings. Looks like GW are getting around to it. 

Deathrattle is my guess as well, at first I thought it might be some kind of bone construct like the Morghast and tbh that's probably a safe bet but what if it was some kind of deathrattle wizard or priest and they were taking design cues from Nagash and they weren't tails at all instead either being bone tentacles or some kind of raiment or adornment. Now that would be interesting.

It could also be something from the Warcry faction that looks like it's from the realm of beasts as well actually since from what we've seen they're covered in bones.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

5j1dzbdl70u21.jpg.96cea95220dc781ced1b8e68e2013f9d.jpg

Bones huh, maybe new Death army coming soon?

My initial thought was either endless spells for LoN or something related to Forbidden Powers assuming everything hasn’t already been revealed.

Though a Soulblight, Tomb Kings or deathrattle army would be cool, I think we wont see any new death related factions anytime soon. Last year was pretty much the year of death and this year even have some extra bits and upgrades too. 

• Like 1

Yes, this screams Nagash and Mortarchs' mount.

But is this LoN terrain, endless spells or Deathrattle related (which would be more or less odd as LON replaced Deathrattle in my mind)?

Excited because Death, but very puzzled

On 4/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, JPjr said:

Assuming Loon Curse is a box set then I would be stunned, stunned I say, if it didn't include at least one new sculpt per side and if I was a betting man then the Loonboss on Cave Squig would be where I'd throw my money. The existing model looks awful compared to the new sculpts and with Squigs being such a key part of Gloomspite and that particular model/unit unlocking extra battle line options it's surely the most obvious choice for a redo.

We'll see though, can't imagine we'll be waiting too long to find out.

2 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Yes, this screams Nagash and Mortarchs' mount.

But is this LoN terrain, endless spells or Deathrattle related (which would be more or less odd as LON replaced Deathrattle in my mind)?

Excited because Death, but very puzzled

Hey do you remember when krell was mentioned in the grand alliance death tome? Perhaps we will finally get to see him?