The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@Dirtnaps I'd guess it's the mirror with the two daemonettes, unless I missed it I'm pretty sure that's the only model that would have wounds (and I guess a fair few), so not the Fane of Slaanesh terrain piece or spells, that we've seen that hasn't been named yet.

TBH nothing about it screams "Bladebringer" to me. It will rather be Mirror of Decadence or something.  

Ok, now I think about it, you could be right, maybe it's not a mirror but a portal that, literally, brings blades for Hedonites.

25 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

"This makes larger models with multiple Wounds, like the Keeper of Secrets and Bladebringer"

So does this mean there's more models to come? Never heard of a Bladebringer before.

Looks like it, I think the facebook team was given a rubbish gag response to mortal questions

Edited by shinros

I'd like to reserve judgement until we are absolutely certain there isn't going to be more releases in the coming weeks. But for now I'm somewhat disappointed. I have never liked the aesthetic of the plastic daemonettes and I'm not thrilled they have expanded the look with these new models. I absolutely hate the plastic steeds of slaanesh (the tail is too short and the legs too thick) and I'm really not a fan of the ' boots of skin with feet attached' look. that's why is don't like the new keeper, because the boots make up almost half of the model. The torso and head are beautifull though. But I really hoped for a keeper more similar to the artwork I use as my avatar...

Like most of you I was really hoping for some mortals or even slaangor. We've had a chaos release every Christmas for the last couple of years. When we didn't see Slaanesh last christmas I thought they might be holding out for an even bigger event with the story arc of captured Slaanesh. And now it seems it is a regular one or two week release? BUT one of the hosts is still called ' seekers'. Which makes me think Slaanesh is still captured and we might see more for Slaanesh when/if he gets released? That might still be something to get excited about.

I also don't like they keep pointing out you can use all these releases in 40k. 

If one of the Warcry warbands looks like Slaanesh mortals (even though they all are undivided) than I'll be happy. As I'm only in it for the holy I'll only need one unit of mortals.

I guess I'll just get Sys'Lex and cut off the daemonette on top of him by her weird clunky feet. 

9 minutes ago, michu said:

I don't think so @shinros. As other (and me) already said, it could be just new name for old unit, maybe it's Chaos Lord of Slaanesh on foot or on the steed.

It doesnt bode well since I think they removed the post where they have said the mortals of slaanesh have not emerged yet. *sigh*

4 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I'd like to reserve judgement until we are absolutely certain there isn't going to be more releases in the coming weeks.

The battletome is up for preorder. There is absolutely zero chance there is another one prepared just for Slaanesh Mortals coming in the next few weeks. 

There is very little chance we'll be seeing another Slaanesh battletome in like 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aryann said:

The battletome is up for preorder. There is absolutely zero chance there is another one prepared just for Slaanesh Mortals coming in the next few weeks. 

There is very little chance we'll be seeing another Slaanesh battletome in like 2-3 years. 

They don't need to release a new book to release a new model - heck they are already saying new rules for the 40K side of these models are going in the boxes as opposed to in a new demons book for them. 

1 hour ago, Benkei said:

Aaaand 1000 pages

Glorious.  Long live TGA and this thread !

17 minutes ago, michu said:

Preview for May WD and new release date for future WD.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/white-dwarf-preview-may/

I hope against all evidence that we'll get new artworks of Ulgu and even a MAP or two... But I don't hold my hopes up.

14 minutes ago, zamerion said:

This makes larger models with multiple Wounds, like the Keeper of Secrets and Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot extremely useful.

.... And I can guarantee all of you it's just a normal Herald on Exalted chariot with a new name, like "Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne" (not a new unit nor a named unit like Skull Taker). EDIT : or the Herald of Nurgle now called : Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle. 

99029915001_ExaltedChariotofSlaaneshNEW01.jpg.8143b54af975e55cb10880368f8050b4.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1022490456_Capture_2019-04-22-15-41-24-1.png.592895bcc235ebadc91a6679395f1bae.png

Allied Beasts of Chaos. This makes.me interested more in this battletome.

After total disappointment, which was Blade of Khorne battletome, which showed no love to gors and their friends this will be nice change.

Bring it on!

• Like 1

Maybe the story line is not ready for slaanesh mortals. For instance if slaanesh's prison isn't broken open yet just weakened enough for the demons. Then in a year or so the story could be slanesh being totally free and corrupting mortals

Toss my hat in the pile of "super bummed Slaanesh didn't get its own mortals".  Such a great design space left empty.

For rumors, did anyone else notice this?
SlaaneshRules-Apr22-EuphoricKillers1ycs.jpg

Why do they specify CHAOS Slaanesh models? I don't think the other Chaos god tomes ever make that distinction (correct me if I'm wrong!).  A hint at the next elf release having ORDER Slaanesh?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chord said:

Maybe the story line is not ready for slaanesh mortals. For instance if slaanesh's prison isn't broken open yet just weakened enough for the demons. Then in a year or so the story could be slanesh being totally free and corrupting mortals

Mortals have already featured in the story though, looking for Slaanesh. 

Actually most mortals never ever interact with the Chaos Gods

They interact with Greater Demons and demons of Chaos instead. Even the Skaven mostly interact with Verminlords not the Great Horned one. So the god being imprisoned won't have stopped the Greater Demons tempting and twisting mortals. Heck the Infernal Enwraptress has her own mortal harp to play.

Rules look great, but I'm not keen on playing a horde of daemons :)

At this rate it looks like aelves might get their release before Slaanesh gets their mortals, so I'll probably end up going that direction instead. Which is fine. I've been waiting for that a lot longer than I've been waiting for Slaanesh anyway :D

25 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Toss my hat in the pile of "super bummed Slaanesh didn't get its own mortals".  Such a great design space left empty.

For rumors, did anyone else notice this?
SlaaneshRules-Apr22-EuphoricKillers1ycs.jpg

Why do they specify CHAOS Slaanesh models? I don't think the other Chaos god tomes ever make that distinction (correct me if I'm wrong!).  A hint at the next elf release having ORDER Slaanesh?

I also thought this was weird. Why would they ever make a non-chaos Slaanesh faction if you wouldn't be able to play them together? It makes more sense to make them a related but ultimately distinct faction like the Daughters of Khaine.