The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

And yet, they still are a bad army.

Be careful what you wish for.

If you say so? Funny though that I’m loosing almost every time against khorne and winning against every other army

36 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Ok, you’re right. Let me rephrase.

The current model lineup is useless if you want to field a mortal only army that is aesthetically in line with the other armies of the game.

I think that’s pretty accurate.

If it’s only mortal you still have the change to wield slave to darkness units, sure some might look old but hey I mean there’s nothing wrong converting a few units 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I don't think that I can afford the full range of slanesh (yet) but I think that some entries fit well with my StD army like  Shalaxi Helbane or simply this one:

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Slaanesh43jjhfvbdgfhsg.jpg

this is the great advantage when you play StD, you can add a grain of salt like those chaos wonderfull mini, according to your actual mood. (I can feel the slaneshi mood with those 2 minis :P)

3 hours ago, Lernaean said:

Azmodan, no one said it’s unplayable. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army. It’s completely different.

Let’s see, her: take a few units of slave to darkness (chaos  warriors, chaos knights, a chaos lord/daemon prince, maybe?), take the Slaanesh beast of chaos battailon and fill it with brayherd, warherd, and thunderscorn, and if points allow it take a few Daemons into your list and boom you have a perfect army that contains not only Daemons but mortals as well as a whole battaillon that isn’t halve bad with a huge variety of beastmen

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If you say so? Funny though that I’m loosing almost every time against khorne and winning against every other army

If it’s only mortal you still have the change to wield slave to darkness units, sure some might look old but hey I mean there’s nothing wrong converting a few units 

Let’s see, her: take a few units of slave to darkness (chaos warriors, chaos knights, a chaos lord/daemon prince, maybe?), take the Slaanesh beast of chaos battailon and fill it with brayherd, warherd, and thunderscorn, and if points allow it take a few Daemons into your list and boom you have a perfect army that contains not only Daemons but mortals as well as a whole battaillon that isn’t halve bad with a huge variety of beastmen

I already said, I don’t like the Slaves to Darkness models (or the Beastmen ones, particularly). And they’re available to everyone so it does nothing to lessen the disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I already said, I don’t like the Slaves to Darkness models (or the Beastmen ones, particularly). And they’re available to everyone so it does nothing to lessen the disappointment. 

Well does it help if I told you that slave to darkness units aren’t really seen to often in any of those other chaos pantheon when people play for some reason😅,

anyways, it’s only an idea, of making a Slaanesh army more interesting and giving it more variety, after all there seems to be many people around her who think that Slaanesh is only playable if you’re going full out on Daemons, and this is just an example, of somebody goes for it or not, doesn’t matter, There is only one rule in this hobby and it is called:” have fun”

I for one find it very interesting and am thinking of doing exactly that with Khorne or Tzeentch (I don’t really like nurgle or Slaanesh not sure why though🤔)

I actually rephrased that post, so you could give that a read. Also some of us don’t like some of the models in the StD range. As you said, it’s about having fun, and trying to convert the current Marauders to not look like hairless apes is not the best idea of fun.

The disappointment is shared fault for sure - you shouldn't get yourself excited over something you've fabricated but GW have also set a bit of a precedent with the other Chaos army releases. I'm disappointed because I don't like the current set of Slaanesh daemons (bar the KoS), but remembering Sigvald and old Warhammer fiction that touched upon Slaanesh warriors got me more than a little excited. But, now there is little hope we'll see anything of that sort until they get a new book a few years down the line.

These splinter arguments going on are a little weird. Why would it matter how strong the army is? People just wanted a wider model range.

Time for me to go back to getting excited about a potential StD/Darkoath release instead... so I can be disappointed about that too 😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I definitely wouldn’t say the release is disappointing - They’re some fantastic models and I’m genuinely pleased to see the plastic Keeper finally - But no mortals (humans in this case, for the pedantic out there) means I won’t be starting a Slaanesh army.

To be fair, I wasn’t planning on collecting Slaanesh but a good unit of mortals might have pushed me over the edge. GW didn’t lose anything from me, but they didn’t gain anything either.

22 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

I actually rephrased that post, so you could give that a read. Also some of us don’t like some of the models in the StD range. As you said, it’s about having fun, and trying to convert the current Marauders to not look like hairless apes is not the best idea of fun.

Yeah same reason why I’m mostly hesitating to take anything from clan Eshin into my army, the looks are some of the most important thing (or at least it is so for me).

well I guess that’s that, it really will be interesting to see how often the new battletome/models  will be bought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

And yet, they still are a bad army.

Be careful what you wish for.

Why are khorne bad? They have lots of units, multiple list builds, good synergy and powerful units. They hit like a train and spread MW like a crop sprayer. The last update got rid of some obviously ridiculous things but buffed others.  

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t know about you guys but I’m a bit disappointed with this Rumour Thread 1000th page reveal. Bit of a slap in the face for all the TGA fans who have been holding out for some time for this moment.

Like ok we weren’t promised anything but still I thought we’d get more than this. Just feels bad man, and I think TGA should have managed our expectations better.

Anyway... Fool me 999 times, shame on you; fool me a 1000th time, shame on me. I’m out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/battletome-preview-hedonites-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

Lots of interesting stuff to mull over on the 1000th page. Slaanesh can make units fight at the end of the combat phase or cancel out the always fights first ability. 

This army looks pretty strong. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Dirtnaps I'd guess it's the mirror with the two daemonettes, unless I missed it I'm pretty sure that's the only model that would have wounds (and I guess a fair few), so not the Fane of Slaanesh terrain piece or spells, that we've seen that hasn't been named yet.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

"This makes larger models with multiple Wounds, like the Keeper of Secrets and Bladebringer"

So does this mean there's more models to come? Never heard of a Bladebringer before.

Yep, I was like "who or what is a bladebringer"

Edited by azmodan

11 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Bladebringer

Sometimes, you only need ONE unit to break your wallet and got into a new army. This one sounds superbly and maybe it is the ONE. 

Let's have some hope - but not too high expectations - to definitly fell for Slaneesh...:x (me; not yet but few mini will definitly join my StD army)