The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Mutton said:

How would people feel about alternating phases instead of turns? Like the winner of the battle round roll takes their hero phase first, then the opponent takes their hero phase...continue through movement, shooting, etc. My biggest issue with the double turn is having one person just sitting and waiting for half an hour or more.

That would probably be my ideal way of working it. Thats how its done in frostgrave, which makes for a much faster paced and more engaging experience. You are never sat around for ages waiting for your turn, and you have more opportunities to counter things as they happen. Doesn't Middle Earth use alternating activation too? Its been so long since I've played that I'm not certain.

• Like 1

Not sure if it hasn't been mentioned already (tried looking back but so many pages of fyreslayers and survey in here but I have an actual rumor of Bonesplitterz being next for a battletome release. Just a one week thing, terrain and endless spells. My personal guess is one of the spells will be a giant foot....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Not sure if it hasn't been mentioned already (tried looking back but so many pages of fyreslayers and survey in here but I have an actual rumor of Bonesplitterz being next for a battletome release. Just a one week thing, terrain and endless spells. My personal guess is one of the spells will be a giant foot....

What? You mean a real rumor? Are those allowed?

• Haha 6

One of the things I mentioned in the survey is inspired by the new coming soon section of black library in the community site. Would be pretty good to have a rough idea of what is coming in the next 6 months, maybe not detailed or exact dates but like spring new battletomes for Khorne and Ironjawz, Slaanesh release, summer Warcry and something else...

I know it’s a long shot but worth mentioning. Would help my painting schedule enormously.

On the topic about double turn I would not mind having initiative as an extra value to add to the dice roll, that way you can predict the direction of turns but you still have a random component (1 being failure and so on).

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

This would have to be after Hedonites right? I thought GW explicitly said fyreslayers and hedonites were next. 

If Bonesplitterz come before Ironjawz AND get the foot of gork spell (IJ spell atm) in endless spell form then I don't know if I will rage or cry more :s I have no idea how GW plans their schedule with these tings, it makes no sense not to update the most outdated tome they even got new models for. Or have their marketing guys phone around with other IP interests, like TW: Warhammer 2 releasing a lizardmen DLC, aligning stuff with that increased interest would be smart business, but then again, it is GW...

• Haha 1

Warhammer/GW stores have been told to take Bonesplitterz books off the shelf for a while now, the new Battletome is inevitable. It's possible they do an Orruk book that involves Bonesplitterz, Ironjawz, and Greenskinz like they did Skaventide, but who knows. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Austin said:

This would have to be after Hedonites right? I thought GW explicitly said fyreslayers and hedonites were next. 

They explicity said Fyreslayers were next (and they were obviously) but not necessarily Hedonites.  The rumor has Bonesplitterz before Hedonites which I did find surprising since I assumed Hedonites were coming right after Fyreslayers based on the Adepticon reveal.

Note: The giant foot endless spell is %100 my personal guess and was not mentioned in the actual rumor.

• Like 1

I don't think they are going to reveal what the next battletome is going to be until Warhammer fest TBH

they also have a lot of other stuff to release like Killteam Elites, Slaanesh, Blackstone chaos Commissar, and the bloodbowl halflling team that probably will fill the release schedule until then

18 minutes ago, Forrix said:

They explicity said Fyreslayers were next (and they were obviously) but not necessarily Hedonites.  The rumor has Bonesplitterz before Hedonites which I did find surprising since I assumed Hedonites were coming right after Fyreslayers based on the Adepticon reveal.

Note: The giant foot endless spell is %100 my personal guess and was not mentioned in the actual rumor.

Ah good call!

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

That book was, not even bring hyperbolic, the worst book in the history of Warhammer. Neat background, abysmal rules from a writer who was totally out of his depth. 

Compared to the previous book for them, which was probably the best, most balanced and fun book in the game, it was a tragedy of gaming.

Are we talking about the same army book? I am talking about this one pictured below.  It was actually a really fun army.  Sure the horsemen and tomb swarms were ****** but still, the army had some tricks the Necropolis Knights and Tomb Guard were great. The previous incarnation however was absolute trash, almost as bad as the 6th edition dark elf book pre-revision, except for maybe the shenanigans you could pull off with the Icon Of Rakaph Tomb Guard or the Hieratic Jar/Cloak of Dunes liche priest. I know you used to play Tomb Kings as well because I remember you from those forums, so I am honestly kind of confused. Sure they weren't Daemons/Dark Elves/Vampire Counts, but it wasn't a terrible book. 

Related image

Edited by Lord Veshnakar

5 hours ago, Forrix said:

I would honestly be surprised if Bonesplitterz got their own tome again. 2.0 Seems to have been doing some consolidation work, and I think they could be rolled into IronJawz pretty easy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Are we talking about the same army book? I am talking about this one pictured below.  It was actually a really fun army.  Sure the horsemen and tomb swarms were ****** but still, the army had some tricks the Necropolis Knights and Tomb Guard were great. The previous incarnation however was absolute trash, almost as bad as the 6th edition dark elf book pre-revision, except for maybe the shenanigans you could pull off with the Icon Of Rakaph Tomb Guard or the Hieratic Jar/Cloak of Dunes liche priest. I know you used to play Tomb Kings as well because I remember you from those forums, so I am honestly kind of confused. Sure they weren't Daemons/Dark Elves/Vampire Counts, but it wasn't a terrible book. 

Related image

That's funny! 😀 (As in it's funny/neat/amusing to see how different opinions can be on the same thing.)

In my opinion, the 6th edition book was the pinnacle of army book design. Nothing before or after it has been close. Cloak of the Dunes, Brooch if the Great Desert, the good version of the Destroyer of Eternities, the Hierarchy, the way carrion just worked ... Man, that army was fun, interesting, rewarding, and struck a perfect balance of power level.

The hard cover you referenced was a failure in almost every possible way. The rules and background failed to connect in any meaningful way. Nothing worked well. Stalkers were better at killing themselves than the enemy. The ushabti with bows were junk. The coolest option in the book didn't even have a model. Sphinxes die to a stiff breeze. I could go on, but it really was a miserable failure by the designer.

Edited by Sleboda

51 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I would honestly be surprised if Bonesplitterz got their own tome again. 2.0 Seems to have been doing some consolidation work, and I think they could be rolled into IronJawz pretty easy. 

depends since it looks like during the warcry reveal that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz where still separate forces

not to mention that they kept FEC and Fyreslayer separated so it not all about consolidation

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

depends since it looks like during the warcry reveal that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz where still separate forces

not to mention that they kept FEC and Fyreslayer separated so it not all about consolidation

I did say some consolidation work, not all. 

That being said, Bonesplittarz would aesthetically roll into Ironjawz much easier than Fyreslayers would in the other Duradin armies. For FEC, the LoN book had already come out, and FEC was considered a popular enough stand alone army to keep it's book.  I don't think the same thing could be said for Bonesplittaz 

2 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Related image

I agree.

This book was pure fun.

No bad memories at all. I am sad they are gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

I did say some consolidation work, not all. 

That being said, Bonesplittarz would aesthetically roll into Ironjawz much easier than Fyreslayers would in the other Duradin armies. For FEC, the LoN book had already come out, and FEC was considered a popular enough stand alone army to keep it's book.  I don't think the same thing could be said for Bonesplittaz 

Yeah but what makes Ironjawz not popular to be a stand alone army?

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Yeah but what makes Ironjawz not popular to be a stand alone army?

Ironjawz are plenty popular to remain a stand-alone army, but the range is very limited, and there are some noted issues with selection.  Bonesplitterz are not popular enough to remain a stand alone army (IMO) and there doesn't seem to be a greenskin LON style book on the way. This is why they would be getting rolled into Ironjawz and not the other way around. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Ironjawz are plenty popular to remain a stand-alone army, but the range is very limited, and there are some noted issues with selection.  Bonesplitterz are not popular enough to remain a stand alone army (IMO) and there doesn't seem to be a greenskin LON style book on the way. This is why they would be getting rolled into Ironjawz and not the other way around. 

I mean Ironjawz just need a real release, if they do get new models, then problem solve, they are not far off from the amount of unit Fyreslayer and FEC has

I would say that Bonesplitterz are at least in Fyreslayer tier of popularity or above, so they might as well get their own release as well

• Like 1

I also agree that Bonesplitterz doesn't really seem to be a popular army, and it would surprise me if they weren't rolled into another Destruction faction like Ironjawz. They have an even more limited selection than Fyreslayers. I know zero people in my community who play Bonesplitterz or even have a passing interest in them, and I'd probably rank them below even something like Wanderers in popularity. But hey, maybe there are a lot more fans in the woodwork than I'm aware of.

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean Ironjawz just need a real release, if they do get new models, then problem solve, they are not far off from the amount of unit Fyreslayer and FEC has

I would say that Bonesplitterz are at least in Fyreslayer tier of popularity or above, so they might as well get their own release as well

But it's easier for Games Workshop to increase sales by combining them rather than investing in a full release.

5 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

But it's easier for Games Workshop to increase sales by combining them rather than investing in a full release.

They could make more sales by selling two different battletome with terrain, endless spell, and OP rules like they did with previous tomes.