The Rumour Thread

Well i really hope too he wasnt joking but as part of a team close to gw in my country, i can believe him. Also he didnt tall me directly ' it will be out this time, with this this or this in it ' just we were talking about seraphon tactics in high level and when we were on the ' what to buy next ' he just told me " i would wait on investing in seraphon " and winked at me , smiling , when i told him they should come soon, probably adepticon :)

• Like 1

On the French side of things, I've heard : Fyreslayers 2.0, Slaanesh and Slyvaneth for the next 3-4 months...

- The Fyreslayers were apparently due November last year (I think it "just" means new battletome, terrain, endless spells, and why not (COMPLETE GUESS, based on the Realmslayer cover artwork), a new Gotrek ??

- Slaanesh is obviously coming this year (according to WarCom, different clues, etc.), but as we discussed with @NurglesFirstChosen I think it's STD/Everchosen/Darkoath first. Then I'd love to see Slaanesh before them - so I can complete my quartet of plastic Greater Daemons :D

We had rumors already for Slyvaneth (alongside Ironjawz), and we have the underworld warband coming soon, so why not...

• Like 1

Honestly we've had "rumours" for pretty much every single faction. Thing is they are all the same kind of rumour "someone somewhere that I can't say who said that it might be this". A few factions appear more than others, but overall we've heard rumours for most. The thing is we know Battletomes are being updated and we know that 2019 is chock full of them so in theory its hard to prove is any are correct because we've such a smattering that some HAVE to be correct by the sheer fact that we've rumoured and guessed at everything possible. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, Beliman said:

After reading the last 10 pages... I must say that we need more rumours, wishlisting or some false/real leaks as soon as possible...

What would you like some false leaks on? I got a degree in fake news and photoshop, I got your back bro! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly we've had "rumours" for pretty much every single faction. Thing is they are all the same kind of rumour "someone somewhere that I can't say who said that it might be this". A few factions appear more than others, but overall we've heard rumours for most. The thing is we know Battletomes are being updated and we know that 2019 is chock full of them so in theory its hard to prove is any are correct because we've such a smattering that some HAVE to be correct by the sheer fact that we've rumoured and guessed at everything possible. 

Have there been Ironjawz rumors? I think they might be one of the few early tome armies not to have some rumored release/ update!

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What would you like some false leaks on? I got a degree in fake news and photoshop, I got your back bro! 

A new stormcast chamber consisting entirely of Ogors called the Stormguts. It could combine the Ogor rumors with the constant rumors of new Stormcast.

• Haha 5

i would love to see Seraphon updated!!!! Just from the Flavour aspect they are so much fun to see on the battlefield.

SCE should not get some, because they got their endless spells and.... this Angel/ Paladin guys are to boring.

Orcs on the other hand are a key group in fantasy, would love to see them shine again.

Assuming that the Black Label AoS Battletomes are considered "up to date", aka built with AoS2 in mind or after AoS2, that would be everything Nurgle and forward. Here's a list of Factions that aren't considered "up to date", per the Faction list on AoS website.

Factions that have no rules:

Gutbusters (ouch)

Factions that have pre-GHB Battletomes and/or GHB Allegiance Abiliites:

Aelves*, Free Peoples, Dispossessed, Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen, Ironjawz

Factions that have pre-Black Label Battletomes:

Kharadron Overlords, Sylvaneth, Tzeentch, Bonesplitterz, Beastclaw Raiders

I would assume they want to push the second category the hardest, considering that's what happened with Nighthaunt, FEC, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos. Those are factions they obviously want to push as "AoS Factions", and Fyreslayers/Ironjawz/Seraphon are lines that they love to show off.

Gutbusters... I would not be surprised if they got absorbed into Beastclaw, but they're still technically listed as their own Faction, so who knows. 

The last category on one hand feels like it doesn't need to be updated, but at the same time those are flagship Factions (or at least very popular ones), and updating the Tomes is an easy win for GW to bring everything in line. That's already what happened with SCE and Blades of Khorne, so a quick reprint of Sylvaneth or Tzeentch with Endless Spells would be a safe bet. 

It sucks a lot for KO because they were released right before the new direction and it really shows. They have some of the new stuff (Skyports giving out free rules with restrictions like Stormhosts/etc), but a lot of the older stuff as well and the design feels a bit of a mess. I would not be surprised to see them get a new Tome, but it must be super annoying for people who bought it not even 2 years ago now.

So, not necessarily a rumor, but just an interesting note of how things look now in the Faction-to-Battletome setting.

*Aelves have a couple different Allegiance Abilities in GHB, but so did Skaven and they got Soup'd, so I would assume the same thing for Aelves in their eventual Tome.

• Like 2

Good analisys @Requizen

I'd like to add that the nicest way to do this is to offer what they did with FEC/Skaven: a dual army box which was a superb way to start and/or complete an army with an addiitional character/feature. Then, just update the 2 battletome with 2 sets of Endless spells and you're done!

I'd see a Sylvaneth-ironjaws or fireslayer (those 3 are the best contender to do it). StD is due with darkoath, so, I think it is a bigger release.

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Gutbusters are a separate faction on ageofsigmar.com so they probably won't be put into Beastclaw Raiders. It seems like there are plans to update them.

I very much agree. Grots/Trolls also didn't have Allegiance Abilities prior to Gloomspite, so maybe they're in for as big of an overhaul as Gitz were, though I'm not sure how much they can really change the rules without adding new models or at least updating some of the metal/resin ones that nobody wants. 

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Gutbusters are a separate faction on ageofsigmar.com so they probably won't be put into Beastclaw Raiders. It seems like there are plans to update them.

It's very hard to say - Skaven still had pestilens listed separately for a while until they combined them into the Skaven book. Until its done we don't know anything for sure from GW. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's very hard to say - Skaven still had pestilens listed separately for a while until they combined them into the Skaven book. Until its done we don't know anything for sure from GW. 

Were they listed separately on the ageofsigmar website or just on the web store? After the site update with AoS2, they've not changed those 25 factions afaik.

As a Sigmar(Seraphon)/Blood Bowl player, it has been a bit agonizing checking the updates every day and not seeing much of anything. The two new battletomes were cool, but it has been awhile and even a slow reveal would be better than mostly silence. 

Their strategy may be working, however, as chaos-focused warcry becomes more palatable. 

My recollection is that Skaven were always listed as a single faction on ageofsigmar.com and during the 2nd edition preview articles https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/26/26th-may-faction-focus-skavengw-homepage-post-3/

I could be wrong, but I believe that Moonclan and Spiderfang were listed under a single Grots faction, too. This year they were officially merged in the Gloomspite Gitz book.

1 minute ago, Zubrin said:

As a Sigmar(Seraphon)/Blood Bowl player, it has been a bit agonizing checking the updates every day and not seeing much of anything. The two new battletomes were cool, but it has been awhile and even a slow reveal would be better than mostly silence. 

Their strategy may be working, however, as chaos-focused warcry becomes more palatable. 

I think this time of year they don't post much online because so many conventions/tournaments with reveal nights are happening. LVO, GAMA, Adepticon, etc - they want to save the big things for those preview panels so it's a bit slow. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aktanolt said:

We'll , spoke to informed sources, and i'll tell Seraphon are next :) See you wednesday unless he was toying with me :)

If your source is correct, then it may be possible that the purported wishlister might have not been wishlisting at all. End of March/Early April was their prediction with a terrain piece and 3 spells (one was an ethereal/summoned dino of sorts).

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

My recollection is that Skaven were always listed as a single faction on ageofsigmar.com and during the 2nd edition preview articles https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/26/26th-may-faction-focus-skavengw-homepage-post-3/

I could be wrong, but I believe that Moonclan and Spiderfang were listed under a single Grots faction, too. This year they were officially merged in the Gloomspite Gitz book.

Yep, you remember right:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/03/3rd-june-faction-focus-grotsgw-homepage-post-3/

Beasts were also shown off as combined.

Gutbusters and Beastclaw are separate articles from the AoS2 preview stuff, so I'm guessing they stay separate: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/faction-focus-index/

The Gutbuster article doesn't show any combined units, but does list a lot of units that are no longer available... I wonder if we'll see new models for them.

2 minutes ago, Zubrin said:

If your source is correct, then it may be possible that the purported wishlister might have not been wishlisting at all. End of March/Early April was their prediction with a terrain piece and 3 spells (one was an ethereal/summoned dino of sorts).

Save that the wishlister of yore (NDA breaker) managed to not only totally miss Skaven and Flesheaters coming out so soon but if I recall right, they'd said nothing was coming for skaven for months and months and months. Be it their own wish list or someone feeding them false information there is enough inaccuracies to make it proven that the information wasn't reliable. 

12 minutes ago, Zubrin said:

It is REALLY not hard to predict Seraphon is coming considering they have one of the oldest battletomes, their currently battletome is wildly inaccurate due to most of the rules being in GHB/errata, and the Slanns being the "masters of magic" without any spell lores or endless spells. Battleforce to clear out the existing stock of battletomes, now time to release a new one! (hope everyone here waited...)

Anyone predicting Seraphon this yearhas a >50% chance of being right, not necessarily a prophet. Same with KO/Slyvaneth/Ironjaws/StD/Slaneesh

• Like 2