The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The flair on the hinge is exactly the same as the AdMech stuff. 

26 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The hinge flair is the same as the Taurox

Hm, for some reason it looked a little more fleur-de-lis than the Ad Mech stuff. Either way, still SoB.

Hmmm i really dislike those ultra macho abs on a female and thoset squared ****** armor. Gw news minys are great but they keep showing me they dont have any clue about doing female models

Aniway is by far the best stormcast they have released. She have way more detals than the others. More space betwen armor plates. Broken armor. Cloack with fur. Long hair. The shield seems more rounded and with higer details etc.

I hate posterboys. But i would be temted to buy a full chamber with this level of detail despite gw could have done a most beautiful lwdy there

Edited by Kitsumy
Add things
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

Hmmm i really dislike those ultra macho abs on a female and thoset squared ****** armor. Gw news minys are great but they keep showing me they dont have any clue about doing female models

Females have the same anatomy as men with regards to abdominal muscles... Do you want them in a sigmarite bikini with a flat stomach? That's kind of 20th century of you yeah? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Big thumbs up for more female Stormcast, but thumbs down for that weird face - though it may well just be the paintjob.

But yeah as an exclusive for store openings, your chances of actually getting an opportunity to buy it are crazy low, especially in countries like the UK that already have a high concentration of shops. So probably for the best that it's not an immediate must-have. 

6 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

You don't sound like you know any better lol

Of course not. Thats the reason i dont sell miniatures. So if i dont do something better i cant say something is badly done?i think it is called opinnion.

On the bikiny reply. No i dont want that u have wytches for that. But they dont need to do so hyped abds. Mens can wear the same earrings. Make up and silky long hair as womens but do u see any mini like that ? I would like a normal female armor. Not a muscle men armor with a bump on the torso for the titst only. 

Edited by Kitsumy

Bring on the buff warrior grandmas.

Cool sculpt, fine with the occasional stormcast hero release and she's a great model.

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hey look a new Greenskinz modelStoreOpening-Mar19-Details1ck.jpg.9a63034875dfa6248ec94992b2a411ef.jpg

it ironic that it underneath the boot of a stormcast

aaaaand of course a destruction army is base terrain. As is tradition :( lol

yeah have to echo, slight shame about the face, but as people are saying could just be the paint job as the rest of the model is fairly cool and some of the faces on recent female sculpts like Sevarina Raine and the Genestealer Magos have been just *chef's kiss*.

I know (you could try and argue) there hasn't been as many options with the recent releases but they've still got a long way to go getting more female models out there, of all species/races so I suppose at least it's something. I was mildly surprised and annoyed that out of the 12 individual models they've revealed for the Warcry starter set it looks like they only managed 1 that wasn't male, I felt that was pretty poor all things considered.

Still I guess that's still better than their frankly woeful levels of racial diversity.

EDIT: Also as a minor sword nerd the way she's holding that weapon kind of looks weird, god knows what they're teaching in the Gladiatorum these days...

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Still I guess that's still better than their frankly woeful levels of racial diversity.

My Idoneth Aelves have purple skin, my Daughters of Khaine have blue skin, My Orruks have green skin, My Nurgle have yellow/olive skin.

My Nighthaunts have polished gold "skin" and skulls and while I don't count Stormcast as human per say, they will not have Caucasian skin when I get around to them... have not decided yet but I want them to look like some of the pictures of the lightning infused artwork so translucent skin with some sort of blue lightning underneath maybe.

My point is it is weird to discuss "real world diversity" in a game where humans are a minority and nothing dictates what anything can look like in this magical setting.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Travis Baumann said:

My Idoneth Aelves have purple skin, my Daughters of Khaine have blue skin, My Orruks have green skin, My Nurgle have yellow/olive skin.

My Nighthaunts have polished gold "skin" and skulls and while I don't count Stormcast as human per say, they will not have Caucasian skin when I get around to them... have not decided yet but I want them to look like some of the pictures of the lightning infused artwork so translucent skin with some sort of blue lightning underneath maybe.

My point is it is weird to discuss "real world diversity" in a game where humans are a minority and nothing dictates what anything can look like in this magical setting.

Sculpting every human model there is as Caucasian dosent help though. And yes there is more to ethnicity than what colour their skin is. 99% of GW’s human models have straight hair as a starter for ten.

The Game is also played by people,  people who exist in the real world, who are not orcs, or Elves, but people, people whose culture and race are important to them and who like to see their culture and ethnicity respected in the idea of what humanity is in the multi facaets in which it is represented.

Fantasy is the *best* place to have multiple representations of gender and ethnicity precisely because those things are not tied to the baggage of real world problems in the same way . Look at something like Black Panther for example.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 4

No one's denying that in a mode-up fantasy world you can paint your models turquoise with red spots if you want but when GW design the models they clearly make design choices and in the overwhelming majority of cases they have chosen to design things like hair, facial shapes etc based on Caucasian archetypes and this is further backed up by most of the artwork.

My point is that we, and Games Workshop, exist in the real world where these things are real issues. In the grand scheme of social justice and the long moral arc of the universe the lack of explicitly coded racial diversity amongst toy soldiers is obviously not the most pressing issue, yet it doesn't mean it's not something that GW should try to be better at.

This hobby and the wider world of fantasy/rpgs is, thankfully, changing and becoming more open to all and GW should not just reflect that but I believe as the market leader set the standard.

They have pointedly made an effort to include more gender diversity in both their artwork and to a lesser, though still welcome, degree amongst some of the ranges. This is great, to be encouraged and has clearly made the game feel a little bit more welcoming for a lot of girls and women that might be interested in the hobby.

There might be a whole panoply of inhabitants in the mortal realms but humans, or very human looking creatures, still take centre stage in most stories in both AoS/40k. We're not stuck with a setting based on renaissance Europe any more let's embrace that in both the artwork and in the models, it won't hurt you or me and might make more people, who to date might have felt excluded in some way, feel that this could be a hobby for them too.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

EDIT: Also as a minor sword nerd the way she's holding that weapon kind of looks weird, god knows what they're teaching in the Gladiatorum these days...

As a fellow sword nerd, you are definitely on to something. I think the model is great overall, but she is just asking to get that finger broken. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Chikout said:

If anyone on here isn't watching warhammer weekly,  they are missing out. It is the AoS equivalent of wittertainment.

Thanks for the tip. I watch a LOT of hobby-related YouTube videos while painting (usually from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. 😋 ), and there's a ton of content I really want to hear, but the production values (blown out or uneven audio, poor camera shots) and/or lack of presentation skills (verbal ticks like ums or repeated use of a phrase, very thick off-putting accents) end up making me turn off about 80% of what I start to check out.

Fingers crossed this is a good one! If so, thanks again for the tip!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JPjr said:

My point is that we, and Games Workshop, exist in the real world where these things are real issues. In the grand scheme of social justice and the long moral arc of the universe the lack of explicitly coded racial diversity amongst toy soldiers is obviously not the most pressing issue, yet it doesn't mean it's not something that GW should try to be better at.

Fair point, but awkwardly jamming diversity into everything often comes across as hamhanded and disingenuous. I am all for real diversity (heck, I was featured in a diversity brochure at one company I worked for and was on the diversity council at another job), but most (not all) of the time when I see companies putting in the effort to create diversity in their fantasy products (games, movies, etc.), it just feels so darn forced. It takes me out of the fantasy and makes me very much aware of the executives who reacted to external voices so "do something about this sjw stuff so we are not accused of being crusty old white uncaring dinosaurs."

In other words, it makes me more aware of the commercial process when I should be just fully wrapped up in the fantasy of the game or movie. That's a bummer side effect of what is otherwise some nice progress.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Thanks for the tip. I watch a LOT of hobby-related YouTube videos while painting (usually from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. 😋 ), and there's a ton of content I really want to hear, but the production values (blown out or uneven audio, poor camera shots) and/or lack of presentation skills (verbal ticks like ums or repeated use of a phrase, very thick off-putting accents) end up making me turn off about 80% of what I start to check out.

Fingers crossed this is a good one! If so, thanks again for the tip!

I enjoy that show a lot.  The production values are not that great, but I think they generally have pretty good discussions and I greatly enjoy that both Vince and Tom can have reasoned discussions while generally coming at things from completely different view points.  A lot of times you get very insular views in content such as this where the group is all on the same page in regards to how they enjoy games - casual, competitive, <insert other label>, etc and so the conversations often have a fair bit of group-think and some confirmation bias.  That's not to say that a show dedicated to a single viewpoint is bad - it's not.  But I enjoy that Vince & Tom can come from obviously very different starting points in how they view things and have reasoned discussions and a nice mix of ideas.  This hobby is broader than simply "competitive", "casual", "narrative", or whatever and it is good to see a successful regular show that demonstrates that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Fair point, but awkwardly jamming diversity into everything often comes across as hamhanded and disingenuous. I am all for real diversity (heck, I was featured in a diversity brochure at one company I worked for and was on the diversity council at another job), but most (not all) of the time when I see companies putting in the effort to create diversity in their fantasy products (games, movies, etc.), it just feels so darn forced. It takes me out of the fantasy and makes me very much aware of the executives who reacted to external voices so "do something about this sjw stuff so we are not accused of being crusty old white uncaring dinosaurs."

In other words, it makes me more aware of the commercial process when I should be just fully wrapped up in the fantasy of the game or movie. That's a bummer side effect of what is otherwise some nice progress.

If it takes you out of the fantasy then it's your problem. I care more about the people who can see themselves in fantasy and feel more immersed.

And I'm sure it can seem awkward to some now that things are changing because they're so damn used to the status quo. 

22 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

If we were to compare deliberate "forced" diversity and lazy "default" homogeneity, it is the latter rather than the former that takes me out of the fantasy more.  And the farther into the 21st century we get, the more that "default" homogeneity starts to look "forced".

This right here^^^

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Both Free Peoples and Stormcast have a big reason within the AoS lore to actually be very multi-racial. Stormcast are plucked from the heroes of two worlds and any peoples so there is inherent huge racial diversity right off the bat. Meanwhile Free Peoples are basically whoever survived the Chaos era - again a huge potential for being very multi-racial. 

That said for Free PEoples we aren't dealing with the Earth we are dealing with the Realms so multi-national for them might be very different from how we understand it on Earth. 

Oh wow - Leena Stormspire is awesome! It would be a two hour drive to purchase this kit but I think it would be worth it. This is the Stormcast model I have been waiting for. I think she would make a great leader for a Skirmish warband.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2