The Rumour Thread

I honestly think we need to have a ban on the phrase 'Tomb Kings' in this thread. 

I get it, you want them to come back, but convincing yourself that every new thing is a 100% confirmed sign of their glorious return is just silly, and it ends up filling up this thread with nonsense.

I mean, people are at the point where a release that GW have confirmed multiple times is a campaign expansion, not a new army is in their eyes undoubtedly a whole new Tomb Kings release based on some slightly Egyptian looking art design. That's directly ignoring the main facts we do know in order to push a fantasy.

I know this thread by its nature isn't exactly the most rigorous or serious thing ever, but to me there's little difference between all these TK posts and deliberate trolling. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I honestly think we need to have a ban on the phrase 'Tomb Kings' in this thread. 

Well then we should just go and ban every other phrase related to a faction as well. It's not going to happen, I understand you don't like it but that's not a valid reason for banning anything in an open forum.

Also it's TOTALLY 100% no doubt about it Tomb Kings.

I'll stop now. It more likely than not won't be even though we want it to be.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Haha 3

Half Life 3 is on the horizon! I swear it’ll come out with Tomb Kings, the mighty GabeN has promised such. (Though  really it feels like Kings are the Half life 3 of sigmar)

Less joking aside really hoping more Warcry is talked about in coming month. Looms like it’ll be an excellent skirmish game to play. At least crossing fingers since it’s supposed to be more like kill teams .

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that I’m ecstatic at the prospect of getting so many distinct chaos tribes with Warcry. All these years of only reading about all those different tribes but only getting generic horned-helmeted warriors finally payed off and we’re getting this beauty. As a Chaos player/fan/collector for more than 2 decades, I’m really happy.

Also idk if it was mentioned but imo flayed face faction could be Slaanesh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No, no, no. It totally is THE RETURN. We're getting Tomb King Stormcasts.

Fact: GW always has Stormcasts in their boxes with new models.
We can say that GW wants the Stormcast to RULE.

Fact: The teaser art shows a half Stormcast. half Undead face.
That 99.99% confirms a unit with links to Order and Death.

Fact: The tomb in the teaser video has kinda egyptian mottifs.
It's a TOMB! And who better to RULE than a KING?

Fact!: I really want Egyptian Stormcast.

Any other conclusion is whislisting, These are the facts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

No, no, no. It totally is THE RETURN. We're getting Tomb King Stormcasts.

Fact: GW always has Stormcasts in their boxes with new models.
We can say that GW wants the Stormcast to RULE.

Fact: The teaser art shows a half Stormcast. half Undead face.
That 99.99% confirms a unit with links to Order and Death.

Fact: The tomb in the teaser video has kinda egyptian mottifs.
It's a TOMB! And who better to RULE than a KING?

Fact!: I really want Egyptian Stormcast.

Any other conclusion is whislisting, These are the facts.

Tombcast eternals would actually make me vomit.

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Tombcast eternals would actually make me vomit.

Tombcast and Chaoscast are two strict no-nos for AoS.

Either of those would probably result in a community schism rivaling the End Times.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Dear Mods - I think we need to form a TombKing Addicts Anonymous group. I'm concerned that some people are going to injure their brains (and possibly other peoples too) in their insane quest to see TombKings everywhere. 

I found them!

Look at the back of an American Dollar Bill! What do you see? A Pyramid! Who lives in pyramids? Tomb Kings!

The All-Seeing Eye! Magic! Tomb Kings use magic. If you count the bottom number of bricks there are 13 of them. 13 is an unlucky number, the Tomb Kings were very unlucky to not be included in Sigmar. 

The dollar is US. The United States won independence from England. England is where Games Workshop is based. The Tomb Kings will win independence from Nagash!

It all makes sense now! I know there are more clues hiding!

Excuse me. I’m off to steal the Declaration of Independence.

Edited by King Taloren
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Still-young said:

Tomb Kings wouldn’t be a Malign Portents ‘Warhammer Age of Sigmar Expansion Set’ with this cover with Stormcast and Lady Olynder on it

40585AB9-6C2B-4E1F-9BAF-6D0964CC4598.jpeg

Who's the figure on the left?  🤔

EDIT:

Looks like an Anvil of Hendelhammer. They have a hard beef with Nagash and come from Shyish, is Settrus an Anvil? 😮

Edited by Goorie
Further thoughts

13 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Celestant-Prime I think, has that Lion chestplate.

Looks like a pretty normal chestplate to me. I would say, it could simply be a Lord Castellant.

The model looks like it holds a Lantern in his hand and the starshaped form would fit the helmet of the Lord Castellant

9clPU9HsBh8DoxgE_9MOdvXcAw3MLUHIxv2zUkM1

A Lord Veritant could also be possible (quite the same sort of helmet), but he has the Lantern on his staff.

55 minutes ago, Goorie said:

Settrus an Anvil? 😮

That could actually be possible after he is mentioned to be a Lord Castellant.

Talking about background characters in illustrations... I haven't been that long lurking on the forums, so I don't remember wich was the output about the Shield and spear Stormcast in the Stormcasts 2.0 battletome cover (I'm sure it has been already discussed but...)

Stormcast-Eternals-800x1200.jpg

• Like 1

So I think both camps can be right. The trailer is about Tomb Kings, and Tomb Kings are never coming back. 

"A god regrets what he has done".  Sigmar regrets SCE.  He's opening the stormvaults, where he has locked away the Tomb Kings, and is throwing the SCE in there with them. SCE model range discontinued.   New Free Peoples as the new poster race of AoS. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Still-young said:

Tomb Kings wouldn’t be a Malign Portents ‘Warhammer Age of Sigmar Expansion Set’ with this cover with Stormcast and Lady Olynder on it

40585AB9-6C2B-4E1F-9BAF-6D0964CC4598.jpeg

Wait, is that Celestant-Prime in AOH armour color vs Lady Olynder? 

That will be an interesting duel since Lady Olynder may be the weakest Mortarch, who was nearly destroyed by a bloodthirster, while we all know CP is the strongest Mary Sue with THE HAMMER in AOS

and I really want Celestant-Prime to smite that vicious dead traitor scum  severely. To be honest, Nagash should learn to choose some better and more reliable undead-thing as  Mortarch.

AND, hey, if there will be more lore about AOH, that will mean we are more likely to get old heroes back as SCE....

Edited by Whitefang