The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

the expansion of an old chamber then?

No, I anticipate it is endless spells. maybe some optional spell lores and/or allegiances, and more magical items (possibly ones you can/must straight purchase with points).  It will probably come in a stand alone box and be associated with a narrative campaign push.

• Like 1

My theory on the nature of the Stormvaults is that they hold all of Sigmar's failed ideas, every attempt to create an army to retake the mortals realms. Like that possessed (possessing?) sword from the WD short story; an army where you can't destroy the chain of command, kill the general, and the guy next to him picks up the sword and becomes him. Shame it's crazy...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

New battletomes coming with Forbidden Power, confirmed from a reelieelblee source. 

1) Neelw Daughter's of Khaine

2) Leelgions of Nagash

3) Idoneelth Deelpkin

Hmm....
1. isn't a far stretch. Blood Coven at the new increased (and highest) SC box price point
 2. Nighthaunt is the only new models not covered by the 2 existing LoN SC boxes. Would need a SC box at some point but for now there is soul wars and soul wars will likely be split into 2 SC boxes after the next starter box is released. I don't really think a new Death SC box is in the cards soon, unless they release a Stormcast one at same time.  (everything has been parallel so far)
3. this was already released 

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Hmm....
1. isn't a far stretch. Blood Coven at the new increased (and highest) SC box price point
 2. Nighthaunt is the only new models not covered by the 2 existing LoN SC boxes. Would need a SC box at some point but for now there is soul wars and soul wars will likely be split into 2 SC boxes after the next starter box is released. I don't really think a new Death SC box is in the cards soon, unless they release a Stormcast one at same time.  (everything has been parallel so far)
3. this was already released 

I don't think they were being serious.

2 hours ago, Realmhead said:

My theory on the nature of the Stormvaults is that they hold all of Sigmar's failed ideas, every attempt to create an army to retake the mortals realms. Like that possessed (possessing?) sword from the WD short story; an army where you can't destroy the chain of command, kill the general, and the guy next to him picks up the sword and becomes him. Shame it's crazy...

It would be interesting if it was an expansion that added units to a handful of different armies, depending on what escapes from the vault and which armies they happen to join. Like SC units for different races or light monsters that are tamed by different factions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrRoff said:

Just specilations, but in my mind whatever else could it be?

new Skaven models!

3 hours ago, Still-young said:

Tomb Kings wouldn’t be a Malign Portents ‘Warhammer Age of Sigmar Expansion Set’ with this cover with Stormcast and Lady Olynder on it

40585AB9-6C2B-4E1F-9BAF-6D0964CC4598.jpeg

Our race (skaven) is see-known for its deceiving.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

OK, its time for a little speculation. The last Warhammer underworlds warband is the kharadron Overlords.  Gama is the event for showing products from gw's sub games, bloodbowl,  Necromunda,  Warcry etc. So why didn't they show off the Ko warband?

The logical conclusion is that they are going to show it alongside a new battletome and we will see both at Adepticon in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1