The Rumour Thread

Gentlemen, I have squinted really hard at the Abhorrant Archregent warscroll and I have divulged this:

- normal King healing

- a spell that adds +D6 to all attacks on a unit wholly within something (looks like 14")

- command ability that summons either 1 COURTIER, or one unit of up to 3 REVENANTS or one unit of up to 20 SERFS.

So either my eyes are failing, or there's some major renaming going on, or we are getting new stuff.

Wild speculation: Serfs are repurposed Zombie kit.

Edited by lord_blackfang
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

Gentlemen, I have squinted really hard at the Abhorrant Archregent warscroll and I have divulged this:

- normal King healing

- a spell that adds +D6 to all attacks on a unit wholly within something (looks like 14")

- command ability that summons either 1 COURTIER, something something REVENANTS or a unit of 20 SERFS.

So either my eyes are failing, or there's some major renaming going on, or we are getting new stuff.

Wild speculation: Serfs are repurposed Zombie kit.

Interesting they would reuse some vocabulary (r.e. Bladegheist Revenants)

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What do you think they will show for aos at LVO? I was expecting the tomes for these factions to be part of that. 

Agreed, I feel it will have a 40k focus for sure. 

Given the pace, I would expect some kind of teaser that will build over the next month, for whatever the next big release is. I think it will be AoS related, as I think the vigils countdown hasn't expired yet.

Money's on Darkoath or slaneesh, linking them to the soul wars story building. Bias says Slaneesh first, as it makes sense to finish the four (five including skaven tome now) chaos gods, and then culminate in a massive everchosen/slaves rework/recombine.  With darkoath, of course, being the new hotness... maybe with some varanguard esc. style sculpts for chosen command.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What do you think they will show for aos at LVO? I was expecting the tomes for these factions to be part of that. 

Black Legion for 40k will be the focus I think. 

I trully hope its not Black Legion but CSM codex. It would be like having Codex: Ultramarines.

On the AoS side... i do t think FEC or Skaven will get expanded so maybe Slaves To Darkness anouncement?

I just noticed that with this release Grand Alliance Death becomes the first to have all their currently advertised armies with a new Battletome! Of course this assumes GW doesn't release another tome or recombine models or unleash something new. However it means that Grand Alliance Death is now the most up to date in the whole game! 

Chaos and Destruction hot on its heels with Order lagging (partly due to aelf faction spam). 

• Like 5

Mhm... most of the FeC spells and scenery consists of recycled sculpts. They won‘t get more new models according to the WHC posting.

the throne is just ugly and lacks creativity....

compared to Skaven the FeC really got the short straw.

hard pass for me... and a missed opportunity for GW 😞

Edited by JackStreicher

30 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Who the hell saw that coming? xD

Congrats @Skreech Verminking, you dirty, smelly rat xD

For a battletome to just fly outta nowhere, consider me hyped for the year haha

Edit: Also, those dice are sweet

I have no clue how I convinced you in joining our great pantheon, but sure-sure everybody is welcome.

Although keep in mind 👈those dice are mine-Mine!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I just noticed that with this release Grand Alliance Death becomes the first to have all their currently advertised armies with a new Battletome! Of course this assumes GW doesn't release another tome or recombine models or unleash something new. However it means that Grand Alliance Death is now the most up to date in the whole game! 

Chaos and Destruction hot on its heels with Order lagging (partly due to aelf faction spam). 

yeah it really just Slaanesh, Everchosen/Darkoath, and Gutbuster left. of course both could use updated BT for existing faction like Ironjawz, BCR, Khorne ect.

I noticed that there no dice for FEC

On 1/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, bsharitt said:

I'm told It'll be the 26th, GSC book is going to be in this week's Next Weeks's Preorders. Though this is coming from a guy who's info is vague and he might just be making guesses and getting it right sometimes and some of the vague predictions still haven't hit their time yet(remaining plastic kits will get round bases this year and new battletomes for old armies). This is the most specific info I've heard from the guy and will probably help me decide if he's legit of full of ******. He said that GSC will be last weekend of January for preorder and that FEC would be out in February along side their new box. The closest the guy got was Soul Wars. He's said that there's going to be a new box set and general narrative, but he also said the the core rules were getting a small bump with some clear up, and general errata and FAQ inlined, but it didn't seem like a new edition, maybe a 1.5. But in fairness, the new rules don't say anything about the edition number, and if you read the first and second edition rules next to each other, you might think the later is a clean up of the former.

I'm still not sure if I believe the guy I'm getting this info from or not. He was a week late on Genestealers, and the FEC release could have been just a guess(he didn't mention skaven).

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah it really just Slaanesh, Everchosen/Darkoath, and Gutbuster left. of course both could use updated BT for existing faction like Ironjawz, BCR, Khorne ect.

I noticed that there no dice for FEC

Gutbusters I'd peg for a later release with a big model count. If just because so much of their range is still resin (finecast). 

I would wager GW could likely get away doing several duel kits for them - a lot of armies like Flesh Eaters and Daughters of Khaine are doing rather well with small model counts and yet making up for it with a heavier reliance on duel kits. Heck Gutbusters might even end up with trio or quad kits considering how the backbone of their army is more unique characters than dedicated swarms of infantry. 

A single kit that can build four or more hero types would be more than suitable for them and let GW sweep four or five resin sculpts off the shelf in one powerful swoop. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Although I'm really happy about skaven btome release (and double release with fec really caught me off-guard) I'm still kinda disappointed. Both Skaven and Fec really needed more new units (or in skaven's case, updated versions of their ancient kits). Take FeC for example, many of their heroes are just lazy "build this guy with different head" style conversions, which was fine for early aos (where undersized units were not an issue) but it's kinda ****** now when you basically will end up with 9 useless ghouls or 2 useless horrors, etc. For matched play.

Still I won't rant too much. I'm definetly buying skaven tome day 1, probably with scenery and spells with it. Those skaven dice also look nice, gw dice that are actually easy to read gasp! I do hope that the clan specific allegiances allow you to freely pick units from whole btome even if the allegiance powers/artifacts/synergies and battleline options themselves favor that specific clan.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blightzkrieg said:

So do we foresee most/all factions as having terrain features in the future?

Endless spells was always kind of a given, but it's surprising to me that we have all these armies lugging buildings at each other.

Terrain features is a way GW is using to push terrain sales. Even if the terrain isn't fantastic for the faction it helps sell terrain under the GW name. I think their idea is that if they can get people to just own one bit of GW authentic terrain they are more likely to get more of it. I thikn it also lets them make up more bulk sales for terrain that might otherwise sell more poorly. I think its another reason they are pushing games like Killteam - it lets GW make far more direct sales of terrain to gamers - important when they are all plastic with expensive upfront mould costs. 

So yep I'd wager we will see a least one bit of terrain for all new factions moving forward; same as Endless Spells. 

Endless spells are very much a given; its a feature gamers have really taken too and faction specific ones lets them have something with great flavour in their own army paint scheme to compliment the open access ones from the Malign Sorcery boxed set. 

4 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Endless spells was always kind of a given, but it's surprising to me that we have all these armies lugging buildings at each other.

I think it because AoS has a lack Terrain pieces so it there way of making battlefield more colorful

4 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

We got no Nighthaunt or Legions of Nagash terrain(though LoN got a terrain type rule with grave sites, so I could see a kit for those one day). I think everyone else got something terrainish last year, except Daughters of Khaine, though the Avatar is sort of terrainish.

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Gutbusters I'd peg for a later release with a big model count. If just because so much of their range is still resin (finecast). 

I would wager GW could likely get away doing several duel kits for them - a lot of armies like Flesh Eaters and Daughters of Khaine are doing rather well with small model counts and yet making up for it with a heavier reliance on duel kits. Heck Gutbusters might even end up with trio or quad kits considering how the backbone of their army is more unique characters than dedicated swarms of infantry. 

A single kit that can build four or more hero types would be more than suitable for them and let GW sweep four or five resin sculpts off the shelf in one powerful swoop. 

I'd certainly love some standing ogor plastics with different leg poses than (A) or (B), left foot forward or right foot forward. Wider stances on something with the gutplates, head and arms still totally interchangeable like all the other stuff. 

I'd love a crazy customisable maneaters kit that would be worth every penny for the sheer variety and quantity of bits. 

Ah geez. I need that now. Dangit

Edited by Walrustaco
  • LOVE IT! 1