The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Aye, its the biggest thing AoS needs at present; far more than new epic models. Securing factions like this and confirming their future in the range and the nature of that future is a huge thing and opens up a lot of doors for new players. 

Agreed. Its nuts that you can't point new players to a battletome for their chosen army in all cases. Trying to catch everyone up with endless spells and often special terrain seems important as well, although on that front I'm guessing it is more of just a good business move/something easy to make and sell.

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Aye, its the biggest thing AoS needs at present; far more than new epic models. Securing factions like this and confirming their future in the range and the nature of that future is a huge thing and opens up a lot of doors for new players. 

true but I would never encourage a new player to buy any resin models from the GW store if they didn't know want they were doing.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah, I admit I am a bit disappointed that we did not some new FEC models,  but  at least they are not languishing for years like the GW of old. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah I mean technically they could release new minis, any time later.

especially if they are going to just replace some old kit.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah I mean technically they could release new minis, any time later.

especially if they are going to just replace some old kit.

well they usually only do it when there a new Tome or codex releases unless your stormcast or a shadespire release

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well this is the preorders for next week; it doesn't mean that there are no more new models of course; just that this is what will be sold next week for preorder. So  both armies could get a few more new things. Even if not its still a major release and the battletome for skavn will solidify what remains for the range. 

It's an elite force of skyre rats so no clanrats and instead focusing on more expensive heavier hitting modes

As much as I would have liked FECed bretonians cavalry, the horses endless spells is bloody cool!

Just now, HollowHills said:

Also theory... 

GW are releasing two battletomes in one week because the release schedule for the year is packed. 

I think its also because they likely got a lot of complaints about their duel kits last year - whilst they were solid ideas leaving genestealer cultists wiating almost half a year is a huge marketing blunder when you entice them with a duel kit and a new model or two in it. This way GW is maximising the impact of this new set by launching the tomes as well. A double hit that will likely really surge sales! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Remember this isn't an enveryting show - this is what's coming next week - they could still have a wave 2 of models for either army 

I believe they would have tease something at the end of the article if that was the case

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Also theory... 

GW are releasing two battletomes in one week because the release schedule for the year is packed. 

yeah I think the 40K event in March is going to be big

Just now, lord_blackfang said:

Well, that was the final nail in NDA's shitpost coffin, wasn't it?

As a FEC player, sad for no plastic Varghulf, but what we're gettign is already beyond my wildest dreams.

Yeah, what a shot in the arm for both Skaven and FeC! I'm pumped for everyone who's planning to collect them. Can't wait to see them pop up more in the meta

• Like 2

I'm sure a lot of people would rather they get a battletome sooner rather than one with models later. (ME I would like that for me)

FEC has like 13/14 units if you count the riderless beasts and the new guy. It's okay for some factions to be on the smaller side. Most of the models are plastic and new and look great.

Skaven are sort of the opposite. Combined , they're a massive faction, only a lot of their models are outdated looking. A lot are also new and incredible though.

I think these 2 factions should be delighted to be getting these releases. New characters, new times. New spells or terrain!

One of these days that will be me who is delighted :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Remember this isn't an enveryting show - this is what's coming next week - they could still have a wave 2 of models for either army 

Don’t you think they would hinted at it?

Anyway, I am not collecting them (yet), but I am tempted to buy the battletome just for the best faction lore  ever writen 

Anything that finally allows FEC to pick different battleline options without ridiculous general requirements, is more than welcome.

It'll be a pity if they only gave us one hero, but at least it won't be the same Mono-Build over and over again.

Well this release takes us up to everything GW has promised save for anything more from Slaanesh; so there's a good chance of a fair chunk of ideas as to what will be coming for AoS for a few more months yet. GW has REALLY started the year off big; esp considering all the preview stuff we've seen over the last day going on for Forgeworld. 

The Abhorrent Archregent command ability seems to read Summon Imperial Guard.  First I am glad they seem to have kept the summoning mechanic for FEC. Second I wonder if they will give Horrors a different stats line and make a new unit called Imperial Guard or something similar? 

Edited by TheWilddog