The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well it could be.

but in the same time, it could also be true.

think about it.

in the Gloomspite Gitz book, you can literally find fluff about the existence of the gitmob grots.

Also if you look at Greenskinz and The gitmob range, most to all of this models seem to have aged very bad.

the only model who looks somewhat good is the greenskinz boss who is riding that big Lindwyrm and is made out of finecast.

So a total reboot is definitely a possibility.

this really is just a guess, and I do not know anything about any kind of releases or reboots happening right now, just guessing what possibilities and how likely they could be.

It's more the source of the rumour I question - the guy basically says he just walked up to a studio member at Open Day, said "What about all the other Greenskins?", and the guy just off-the-cuff told him all this stuff, even including stuff from the third season of Shadespire... it just doesn't ring true at all. Like this GW staff member was just sitting there waiting for some random spod to ask him the right question so he could leak info probably a year or more ahead of schedule? Nahhh

I know this isn't strictly AoS rumour, but in march White Dwarf there will be mini codex for Officio Assasinorum, so there is a chance that in April (or June, August etc.) we'll see mini battletomes for "outdated" factions.

P.S. this is my first post on this forum, so hi to everyone!

50808883_10217897978711541_5860861150341627904_n.jpg

Edited by Nuriel
  • Like 5

That recall me my favourite army back in the days (more than 2 decades ago) when GW released the rules and the minis of the Chaos Dwarves. I was, and still am so in love of them. (I'm not speaking of the more recent chaos dwarves, but thoses of late 80's/90's ones). There was no codex. Only the rules in White Dwarf. 

It is maybe worth noting that most of last years big event releases kind of came in twos. They had the big Elves event where they redid DoK, then released Idoneth a few months later. Then there was the LoN tome, followed in fairly short order by the Nighthaunt. It does kind of feel as though they were doing a "lets expand this little thing, and then feed that into releasing this new thing". So it wouldn't surprise me if something else for destruction comes on the heels of Gloomspite. That said it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't either. I've never learnt how to predict GWs plans, and my Time Machine is in for repairs at present.

1 hour ago, Nuriel said:

I know this isn't strictly AoS rumour, but in march White Dwarf there will be mini codex for Officio Assasinorum, so there is a chance that in April (or June, August etc.) we'll see mini battletomes for "outdated" factions.

I'm fully expecting it. Using 40K as an example, the Eight (Tau super friends) is something that could have appeared in a White Dwarf and I think all of the articles we will see will appear in Chapter Approved for 40K or Generals Handbook for AOS. It's a nice way of them to keep on selling the books with cool stuff in as well as the point updates.

1 hour ago, Nuriel said:

P.S. this is my first post on this forum, so hi to everyone!

Welcome ;) 

53 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

That recall me my favourite army back in the days (more than 2 decades ago) when GW released the rules and the minis of the Chaos Dwarves. I was, and still am so in love of them. (I'm not speaking of the more recent chaos dwarves, but thoses of late 80's/90's ones). There was no codex. Only the rules in White Dwarf. 

Same. I never got round to doing an army of them but they have always been one of my favourite armies (or Blood Bowl teams). Think it's due to the part of the world I come from and that I must like Evil Dwarfs! Hopefully somebody in the studio is working on them :D 

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So mixing back all high elves into (maybe lights elve) a book and dark elves (shadow elves) back together seem to be a great idea 

Yup, but we would need battlelines. With the exception of Reavers (no longer sold) High Elves only "BL if" kinds of battleline, just like Stormfiends who are only BL if playing Skryre.

If there is a Release on Skaven we will get a lot of indirect info about High Elves, for instance what will happen to Spire of Dawn models, and what will be made about Battlelines.

8 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Yup, but we would need battlelines. With the exception of Reavers (no longer sold) High Elves only "BL if" kinds of battleline, just like Stormfiends who are only BL if playing Skryre.

If there is a Release on Skaven we will get a lot of indirect info about High Elves, for instance what will happen to Spire of Dawn models, and what will be made about Battlelines.

I don’t know,  if it’s going to be a mixed skaven release (highly possible) I’m guessing that clanrats will be the generic battleline, and Stormvermins etc. When you take a specific hero as general.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 hours ago, Nuriel said:

I think GW has to be careful with what rules they put in white dwarf. I don't think they can use it to replace existing rules.  "Oh you bought a battletome? Well these rules were invalidated by the Jan 2019 issue of White dwarf".  So now you have to lug around a few magazines with your battletome? 
I think its a cool way of introducing new, optional rules. Not replacing core rules for a faction.  GHB is a good place to do that. 

23 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

They aren't going to "re-re-release" island of blood / spire of dawn, any sooner than they are going to re-re-release Battle for Skull pass.  Unfortunately the models are too mixed on the sprues, I think they are unusuable.  I think the only models that are really worth trying to save from there are the plastic skaven heroes and the weapons teams... they'll just remake them. 

I don't know about the skaven (I despise them personally) but Spire of Dawn high elves were great sculpts. The swordmasters in particular are way better than the resin ones they sell on the store. 

As someone said above though I doubt they will get rereleased for the same reason the good sculpts in dark vegenance haven't. The sprues are too mixed together to sell individually. 

7 hours ago, novakai said:

well the Flagellants are sold out in the US store, so someone out there is buying them.

Well with the new rumors of changes to the skirmish game coming out, with a campaign system and all in WD I personally have a set of flagellants and a warrior priest that I intend to use as a skirmish warband. They had a cool place in the world that was Empire, have cool models, but as a standalone army are terrible and have no real synergies even as allies (example is the warrior priests prayer only healing Devoted of Sigmar keywords vs order). In a small group, a witchhunter, warrior priest and some crazies seems a lot more fun!