The Rumour Thread

Yeah, not 100% on if that’s confirmation that spiderfang are in. It’s plausible, with Gloomspite being the overarching ‘Blades of Khorne, etc’ unifier for Moonclan, spiderfang, trolls, new fungoids and so forth.

I do like the idea of a goblin being driven by a crisis of faith though, that’s fun.

10 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Nooooo..... we don't get models until tomorrow. But at least we know there's new models. So a troll was shown and he talked about spiderfang and non-Badmoon worshiping grots, wonder if that's important.

I think you‘ve mixed up your names there, the speaker was the Loon King who is a grot. Anyways, we can see Spiders of various sizes in his entourage as well as Troggoths, so I‘d take this as a sign that the GGs will encompass all of these, perhaps including Gitmob but that‘s far less certain due to their mistly outdated line.

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, not 100% on if that’s confirmation that spiderfang are in. It’s plausible, with Gloomspite being the overarching ‘Blades of Khorne, etc’ unifier for Moonclan, spiderfang, trolls, new fungoids and so forth.

I do like the idea of a goblin being driven by a crisis of faith though, that’s fun.

Big spiders are seen scuttling in the scene with the army on the march. I think it is safe to hope that they'll be part of it all :D

Edit; Gosh darn it @Drakensgreed you sneaky git! 

Edited by Mayple

20 minutes ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

So spiderfang will be combined with Moonclan!!!! 😍😍😍😍

I didn't really understand it like this ... but I might be wrong.
As I get it, it means that many people have a interpretation for what the bad moon is ( including Spiderfangs) but they are wrong, because the moon talked to him (the loon king) once.

What do you guys think ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Big spiders are seen scuttling in the scene with the army on the march. I think it is safe to hope that they'll be part of it all :D

Edit; Gosh darn it @Drakensgreed you sneaky git! 

It’s more the fact that the Loon King was talking about the Spiderfang as though they are separate from him and his... crusade or faith or whatever. As though they’re something he’s defining his own beliefs against.

That said he talks about the shamans in a similar way and if he’s the overarching faction leader for Gloomspite then it makes perfect sense for the spiderfang to be associated with the Moonclans. Spider-Rohan to Moonclan-Gondor, so to speak. And there certainly was a fair bit of spider imagery.

EDIT: It’s a bit like how it seemed a sure thing here that the Idoneth were going to incorporate Scourge Privateers as some sort of outrider, which obviously didn’t pan out. I certainly think that based on the spiders around, spiderfangs being part of Gloomspite alongside moonclan, trolls and fungoid is likely.

Edited by sandlemad

Just now, sandlemad said:

It’s more the fact that the Loon King was talking about the Spiderfang as though they are separate from him and his... crusade or faith or whatever. As though they’re something he’s defining his own beliefs against.

That said he talks about the shamans in a similar way and if he’s the overarching faction leader for Gloomspite then it makes perfect sense for the spiderfang to be associated with the Moonclans. Spider-Rohan to Moonclan-Gondor, so to speak. And there certainly was a fair bit of spider imagery.

Spider-Rohan huh? Now that would be a sight! :D

"RIDERS OF GLOOMSPITE! To me! To me!" *Loud roar from an incoming Mawcrusha*  -Squish-

Serioustalk, I really like the vibe they're going for here. Pushing the Grots into a dark, sort of Fey/Troll/Hag kind of feel, with curses and mystical mumbo jumbo. So much potential for interesting conversions and such. Voodoo Grots, Cultist Grots, Drunk Party Grots.. etc, etc.. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I suspect the 3 theories of the bad moons origin that the Loonking mentions, will be sub factions within the tome. 

Oh! Nice theory! That could actually pan out quite well. 

Something like:

Gorkamorka broke their teeth on the moon;
Fighty fighty Sub-faction

Spider God Egg thing:

Spiderfang (Poisonous, mortal wounds, Debuffing subfaction?)

All da Shamans that ever lived;
Magic sub-faction

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Oh! Nice theory! That could actually pan out quite well. 

Something like:

Gorkamorka broke their teeth on the moon;
Fighty fighty Sub-faction

Spider God Egg thing:

Spiderfang (Poisonous, mortal wounds, Debuffing subfaction?)

All da Shamans that ever lived;
Magic sub-faction

Thoughts?

The broken tooth and shaman subfactions may be mushroom focused. Broken tooth with some more generalised buffs, and shamans magic buffed. Then the spider one, spider heavy with spider battleline options. 

• Like 1

Just now, NurglesFirstChosen said:

The broken tooth and shaman subfactions may be mushroom focused. Broken tooth with some more generalised buffs, and shamans magic buffed. Then the spider one, spider heavy with spider battleline options. 

Sounds pretty spot on :)

Subfaction names, shot in the dark;
Broken Tooth Tribe, Spiderfangs, Da Bad Moon(s?) 

• Like 1

Not keen on having the spiders included, not in itself an awful idea, but they are very distinct groups of grots and a lack of forest goblins troops means making a narrative based forced means either all spider riders or using moonclan troops. (I know the spider rider crew and riders work fine as core troops off their mounts but thats a pricey unit then) Also living with an extreme arachnophobe means I have to now shield part of the trailer away from her, as well as keep any of the models I buy out of sight. It's not a huge problem, it just would have been a lot easier if they had done them as separate factions.  It's just a shame its moonclan and forests gitz, but looks like my favourite wolf themed grots are now gone. Understandable- they were the least copyrightable  force and very close to tons of other models they sell (from LotRs and the hobbit) But I'll still find a home for my wolf riders- there will always be something in the book that will work as a count as (hell, I'd happily use them as spider riders which saves the issue at home too!)

Love the idea of the loon king- hoping the model isn't too similar to the fungoid though- they look very similar from what you see in the trailer. I don't mind if they have very similar aesthetic,  but the silhouette looked so much like him when he was turned towards the moon. Very pleased to see it's not just skarsnik returned. 

Can't wait to see plastic squigs. I'm hoping we get a set that builds squigs, herders and the squig hoppers. Though Wouldn't mind if the squig hoppers are a separate kit. If it is a duel kit that would be amazing. I'll be building them as herders first, as It's such an iconic unit, but if there are plenty of bits left over, I wouldn't even say no to scratching building some extra squigs to use the riders up or even adding them to my wolf riders.

I really hope that one of our spells does let us attack with parasitic fungus- if so I'm so building some zombies with mushrooms growing from them. Some freeguild for general use and defiantly going to be turning a box of dryads into fungus zombies, to match my main opponent force. 

Sad to see no sign of any snots, really really wanted to see snots return with new plastic pump wagons and the return of hordes of snots.

All in all, this is the release that has had me most excited since AoS has come out- and I've been pretty hooked on most things anyway! (I think deepkin are the only army I own nothing for, not even having picked anything up for conversions on other forces like I have with other armies)

I just have to find away to explain to my misses, that the huge dark elves/DoK army she gave for christmas just a few hours ago is about to go on the back burner, even though I've been nagging her for them for months.
Hope they have a early January release, as I'm on christmas break till the 28th and I'd love to get my hands on them before I have to return to college.

I've been working on my moonclan one and off for the last year anyway and right now I'm a good place to actually have an army painted up pretty quickly. As a skirmish only player, I find painting 'full sized' armies a drag, but I think if anything is going to get me to try BIG AoS, it was always going to be green!

• Haha 1