The Rumour Thread

19 hours ago, stato said:

... know for a  fact ...

You realise there have been rumours we've had on here from some people who know GW HQ staff, that have turned out entirely correct. Lots of what is posted is hearsay, and posted as such, not posted as 'fact'.

When discussing anonymous leaks it's hard to be clear about the source, to be clear I have heard reliable information about a new Primaris release which I believe to be factual.

Edited by HollowHills
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

regardless I think 2019 is going to be 40k heavy, judging by the fact that there going to be a Campaign set in Vigilus, that the models from the Chaos side of Blackstone fortress may signify a CSM release, plus the fact both Genestealer Cult and Sister of battle are releasing next year. and doesn't count out the possibility of Primaris or Ynnari release. 

Still AoS probably will have at least 3-4 big releases like previous years probably Moonclan, Darkoath, Slaanesh, and maybe a totally brand new army (since every year so far their has been a new release army like KO and Deepkin) and AoS may get a few smaller release like new Seraphon/ Fyreslayer rework  battletome and Shadespire season 3. Of course it probably not as much as people are hoping for

• Like 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

regardless I think 2019 is going to be 40k heavy, judging by the fact that there going to be a Campaign set in Vigilus, that the models from the Chaos side of Blackstone fortress may signify a CSM release, plus the fact both Genestealer Cult and Sister of battle are releasing next year. and doesn't count out the possibility of Primaris or Ynnari release. 

Still AoS probably will have at least 3-4 big releases like previous years probably Moonclan, Darkoath, Slaanesh, and maybe a totally brand new army (since every year so far their has been a new release army like KO and Deepkin) and AoS may get a few smaller release like new Seraphon/ Fyreslayer rework  battletome and Shadespire season 3. Of course it probably not as much as people are hoping for

I'll understand if next year GW focus more on 40K, because it's the "main game" when we look at income generated, but I'll be disapointed however. AoS is still young. There are 2 allegiance who need to be fleshed out (Destruction and Death) and many armies that need a release: Gob, Slaanesh, Ogors, Skaven (and maybe some Aelves again ?). And I'm not even speaking of kits that need to be replaced (aka Blood knight just to name one of them).

19 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

They need to update old chaos warriors if this doesn't happen by next Christmas I will be very surprised. Blackstone is the future of the CSM and the StD. This time next year both will be very different. 

Sweet, sweet new chaos warriors as tall as stormcasts, in 40mm bases and with all their weapon options in the box...

Not only it would be a great kit, good looking and not static chaos warriors means lots of conversion potential for exalted heroes, chosen and lords.

40 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

They need to update old chaos warriors if this doesn't happen by next Christmas I will be very surprised. Blackstone is the future of the CSM and the StD. This time next year both will be very different. 

If they didn't update Dryads, Saurus Warriors, Saurus Knights, Zombies... what makes you think they'll update Chaos Warriors?

3 hours ago, novakai said:

Hopefully the focus for AoS in 2019 will be on consolidating armies to clean up all of the disparate, tiny factions and updating earlier army releases to bring them up to modern standard. 2018 laid a great foundation, just need to reinforce it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

If they didn't update Dryads, Saurus Warriors, Saurus Knights, Zombies... what makes you think they'll update Chaos Warriors?

I don't think any of the old plastics are getting a 1:1 replacement anytime soon. Maybe some resin kits get replaced, but right now in AoS GW seems more interested in wholly new stuff. At most maybe brand new units that make old units less desirable. 

Right now I think the focus must be on cleaning up the minor factions and bits of factions and getting AoS to a point where they can release a "Killteam" type product (intro/gateway product) and have most armies viable and up to date. Then I think we can hope for GW to address old models and older sculpts with newer revised designs. 

I'd far prefer that than GW getting hooked on a handful of factions that already have battletomes and messing around updating them and ignoring all the rest. Right now there's some awesome models like dragons and phoneix sitting there gathering shelf-dust; they should be flying off shelves and into new armies and getting used. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

A lot of the chaos kits have been pulled from store shelves or on last chance to buy/in store. They may be going direct only, but it seems odd that is the case, being the start collecting kit is also going last chance to buy in store. My local have been clearing out a lot of stuff recently, including a lot of new kits like the deepkin, but chaos start collecting I would have suspected to be a main stay. Might just be a rules replacement, but I'd be surprised as they could do that in store.

Just now, Overread said:

Right now I think the focus must be on cleaning up the minor factions and bits of factions and getting AoS to a point where they can release a "Killteam" type product (intro/gateway product) and have most armies viable and up to date. Then I think we can hope for GW to address old models and older sculpts with newer revised designs. 

I'd far prefer that than GW getting hooked on a handful of factions that already have battletomes and messing around updating them and ignoring all the rest. Right now there's some awesome models like dragons and phoneix sitting there gathering shelf-dust; they should be flying off shelves and into new armies and getting used. 

I'd love a real AoS skirmish game. I think the odds are probably pretty good. It seems like GWs small scale games are doing pretty good and I think they're being pretty effective against the smaller scale games from other manufacturers as entry points. While AoS is certainly more approachable than WHFB and to a lesser extent 40k, they could probably do a little better. 

I do hope they continue the work they started with Legions of Nagash and Beasts of Chaos to put some of the splintered factions back together. Skaven being the most obvious choice. There's not a whole to to do to get all of Chaos in a battle tome. BoC has picked of most of the random ones so now we just need Skaven, StD and Slaanesh books and there's at least been whispers about all of those. That'd be two GA's where everything has a battle tome. Destruction is almost just as easy, Moonclan(plus Trolls),remaining Ogres, and then throw the left over grots and orcs into a catch all book that may have Spiderfang, or they could be in Moonclan or even get their own. Order is a bit messier since it has the most unplayable factions, but it should be doable too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Because they are one of the oldest plastic kits and don't hold very well. Aesthetically they are great but they are much more static and most of their weapon choices aren't even in the box. Compare a chaos warrior with a stormcast liberator and you'll see how big of a diference there is not only in posability but in proportions aswell for two units that are supposed to be equals and even have the same stats in the game.

@bsharitt I fully expect GW to either relaunch AoS skirmish or make another similar product to Killteam. Killteam works great as an intro product. It gives long term fans a chance to have a shorter, faster game with their models. Either filling in time before a big game or being the game for the evening because they don't have more than an hour or so to spare. 

Then on the other hand its great as an intro to new gamers. For a really cheap price they can get models and rules that is only 1 box of troops to put together. Quick and easy to get into the game. Then they add a commander and then perhaps one or two other types of troop. Now without realising they've already got near 500 points of the "big expensive" game without feeling the sting in the wallet. 

It's the perfect way to get people into 40K itself and thus i fully expect GW to emulate it with AoS once AoS is in a better position battletome wise.

Of course 40K always had killteam, but in the past it was the side-game that you had to buy the big rule book for and it was sort of just there, but not really focused on nor marketed. Now GW is marketing it as its own product (heck some of the commander models are cheaper in their Killteam box than they are sold separate! Broodlord for Tyranids is £5 cheaper if bought for killteam) and that is getting it all kinds of additional attention. Esp as the wargame market has exploded with lots of lighter skirmish games 

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I don't think any of the old plastics are getting a 1:1 replacement anytime soon. Maybe some resin kits get replaced, but right now in AoS GW seems more interested in wholly new stuff. At most maybe brand new units that make old units less desirable. 

This was always their standpoint right from the get go. It was in the original AoS FAQ on launch.

They would not delete older lines but the inference was that don't expect any new support for them by way of re-sculpts etc, rather that new model lines would come in and eventually the old lines would die off due to natural wastage.

We're seeing this in the marauders being superseded by darkoath, and in truth I welcome this, as they're an army and aesthetic I've long looked forward to - and a worthy successor to the marauders of old.

I hope we see the same with warriors and knights - they won't be called warriors and knights of course but a new re-imagining and lore would again be a great big deal for Slaves to Darkness.  I wouldn't be surprised if the varanguard were not going to be the successor the old chaos knight sculpts if fantasy had still been around.

Darkoath gives me hope for something similar to happen for theslaves of  everchosen or Armoured chaos or whatever you want to call it.

We wait and see.

• Like 2

What's up with this fixation on Chaos Warriors and Knights... there is pretty much no way these models will get an update anytime soon.

Their aesthetics have aged incredibly well and their styles works flawlessly for AoS.

On top of that, their proportions are in line with Blood Warriors and other, newer Chaos models with the same base-size.

An argument could be made for Chosen, as these models are not distinct enough from normal warriors but that's about it. Everything else from the 'heavy armoured' portion of StD is at least decent model-wise.

• Like 6

I feel like they can release AoS killteam straight out without having to jump through that hoop though, because your using existing Warscroll stats and most of the army (warband) rules would be in the starter book (example: you want to play Freeguild or dispossessed, the launch book will have their special rules to play them in Skirmish) . plus your using only a portion of an army infantry models which every range has for the most part except BCR .

19 minutes ago, Xasz said:

What's up with this fixation on Chaos Warriors and Knights... there is pretty much no way these models will get an update anytime soon.

Their aesthetics have aged incredibly well and their styles works flawlessly for AoS.

On top of that, their proportions are in line with Blood Warriors and other, newer Chaos models with the same base-size.

An argument could be made for Chosen, as these models are not distinct enough from normal warriors but that's about it. Everything else from the 'heavy armoured' portion of StD is at least decent model-wise.

Chaos warriors are not in proportion at all. They weren’t in proportion to the fluff when they were first released (though I do think that for that time the models were well sculpted). 

I do agree that I don’t really expect them to be resculpted. I wish they would be, but all the pre-AoS rumors (that all turned out to be true) said GW was commited to not resculpting fantasy models.  

28 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Are you seriously telling me this has aged well? Sure, the aesthetic direction is still great but look at that pose, not to mention it's the only pose you can assemble them, with the right leg front and both arms sticked to his torso. It looks awful and even worse when you have a unit with only uñone pose and 3 different scultps. Not to mention the asspull that is having to buy finecast weapons (12€ for 10, not even enough for a single box) if you dare want to build them with halberds or great weapons. Knoghts sure, they are a newer kit that holds great as it has lots of detail and posability but warriors need a new kit.

20150801_193559.jpg

Edited by AshCrow
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Chaos warriors are not in proportion at all. They weren’t in proportion to the fluff when they were first released (though I do think that for that time the models were well sculpted). 

I do agree that I don’t really expect them to be resculpted. I wish they would be, but all the pre-AoS rumors (that all turned out to be true) said GW was commited to not resculpting fantasy models.  

They didn't want to use points or matched rules either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

they probably won't straight-out re-sculpt Chaos warrior.

what probably going to happen is they do the Primaris marine route where they make an entirely new unit (Aspiring varanguard on foot ) that are larger chaos warriors with different warscrolls

You are describing chosen. But that works for me as I could take them and convert them to be warriors, I just want new sculpts with decent poses and not having to buy the weapons separately.

7 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

For the the love of whatever god you follow....

Can we please go back to rumours ?????

700 out of 706 page are not rumour related at all.

This is a rumour thread for kitten sake. We already have a wishlisting one in existence.

We are talking about the rumours of the new chaos army and the implications of old kits beung taken from shelfs.

• Like 1