The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

Some of the Old World characters returned to the battlefields: Nagash and all his mortarchs, Alarielle, Morathi, Archaon... Why no Skarsnik or Grimgor (though Grimgor would fit better in Ironjawz)?

Those you mention were already established in Warhammer either as essentially mythic beings of legend operating outwith time, or undead. Grimgor or Skarsnik were neither although I think you can argue that Grimgor sort of ascended to that position maybe. 

12 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

Some of the Old World characters returned to the battlefields: Nagash and all his mortarchs, Alarielle, Morathi, Archaon... Why no Skarsnik or Grimgor (though Grimgor would fit better in Ironjawz)?

the theory is that Gordrakk is actually Grimgor reincarnated and the Incarnate are able to repurpose soul from the old world into new people in mortal realm

example would be Nagash and his Mortachs (maybe also Ushoran), Alarielle and Drycha, Sigmar and Balthazar Gelt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

That's what both the Warqueen and Chieftain look like too, and honestly I kind alike it :P

I suppose that's true to some level. I like the Warqueen alright, and I really enjoy the Chieftain. To me, the new models don't have any of the Chieftain's charm.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

Source? Is there more? Damn those reveals were sweet, more info is direly needed

From the Slaanesh Facebook group - I am unsure whether they took any more pictures (they asked if they could take this one, so it may have been a no photograph area normally).  

Edit: they also took this one

FB_IMG_1541286452217.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 3

They've always had them, but in the past they were more bestial legs; these new ones are a bit more human in shape which I think really brings out that they are backward legs, not just reverse jointed animal hind legs. Only shame is that they've lost their hooves - but getting razor sharp clawed feet is a decent replacement! 

56 minutes ago, Hankster said:

Interesting... any, idea what there focus will be?

https://www.blacklibrary.com/series/novella-series-1

There's full details of each book there. You can get them one by one in digital or paperback for £3 or you can get the whole set (again either in digital or paperback) for £27, which means if you get the whole set you get one book for free. They are basically novellas, so a hundred or so pages long ish each (that's very rough some are longer, some shorter); so about 1/3rdish the length of a regular novel. There are also excerpts on their respective pages on the website too. 

I'm still debating between getting them in digital or paperback format - kind of wish GW put more art into their standard books even one or two bits on the internals helps make a story (esp a short one) in my view - esp as they've already got huge amounts of visual material from their models to their artwork. Plus I always think it makes a book worth owning when its got that extra visual touch; not just text (esp today when pure text books are good on ereaders) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

That’s fair and to be honest, if they released an amazing model for them then I would probably buy them anyway. Just personal preference.

I think Drycha is the prime example of a non god character returning, in some format. In fact after her release I was hoping something like this would have happened for most races. Fyreslayers really could have done with Gotrek when they came out. The mortarchs are all back, so are the Glottkin, and every other named/ non rebranded charcter, so veyr much possible. 

How exactly Skarsnik would come back, if he ever, did is beyond me. Though I wouldn’t say I’d be displeased if he was riding inside a Much bigger Gobbla in a Jake/Finn Suit style.

BE320A7E-AD1E-4486-A3AC-954FEEB20FF5.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

I think Drycha is the prime example of a non god character returning, in some format. In fact after her release I was hoping something like this would have happened for most races. Fyreslayers really could have done with Gotrek when they came out. The mortarchs are all back, so are the Glottkin, and every other named/ non rebranded charcter, so veyr much possible. 

How exactly Skarsnik would come back, if he ever, did is beyond me. Though I wouldn’t say I’d be displeased if he was riding inside a Much bigger Gobbla in a Jake/Finn Suit style.

BE320A7E-AD1E-4486-A3AC-954FEEB20FF5.jpeg

I’d rather not have Skarsnik back but if he did come back, I’d hope he’d be at least some kind of near demigod status. If his old resin model gets rules, I’ll ignore it. If he gets a new model, but is still just a slightly better warboss, I’ll ignore it. But if he gets some kind of big Nagash/Allarielle/Gordrak kind of model(probably riding a giant squig?), I’d probably pick it up, though my preference would to have that theoretical unit, but be a new character. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Bit annoyed there’s only 4 AoS ones because they decided to do 2 Primaris ones. 

That’s only 9 in that screenshot, the battle forces this year are 10, is there a screenshot of the 10th? I don’t understand the slaves to darkness one...

I must say, I’m both surprised and not surprised that there is both no Stormcast and Nighthaunt box sets... considering the number of releases for both so far this year.

3x order and 1x chaos. The choices of army for order isn’t terrible... DoK and ID were expected (even before ID was announced), seraphon is surprising, but not a bad call.

The chaos set is disappointing. Not on content, haven’t looked at that, but army choice. Great chance for a Legions of Nagash bundle, something for Karadron, or even a mixed destruction bundle.

My eyesight must be lacking... can’t really make out the contents... can anyone do a tot up on the savings from these?

M

7 minutes ago, Mortarch said:

I must say, I’m both surprised and not surprised that there is both no Stormcast and Nighthaunt box sets... considering the number of releases for both so far this year.

3x order and 1x chaos. The choices of army for order isn’t terrible... DoK and ID were expected (even before ID was announced), seraphon is surprising, but not a bad call.

The chaos set is disappointing. Not on content, haven’t looked at that, but army choice. Great chance for a Legions of Nagash bundle, something for Karadron, or even a mixed destruction bundle.

My eyesight must be lacking... can’t really make out the contents... can anyone do a tot up on the savings from these?

M

There wasn’t a Space Marine and Death Guard one last year when they were in the starter, so I wasn’t expecting Nighthaunt and Stormcast this time. 

• Like 2

Huge disappointment. No Nighthaunt box means I will buy all I need seperetely and won't be waiting for nezt year's battleforce for that. Who asked for Seraphon and Slaves I wonder? Looks more like destocking to me of products that don't sell well. Only DoK box appeals to me. And c'mon - 2 space marines boxes? It's embarrassing. Really. Year to year it looks worse and worse regarding those Christmas offers. 

27 minutes ago, Ithlinne said:

That DoK Box.... Start Collecting + 2 Khinerai + Melusai. Doesn't look that great

DoK don't have a start collecting. The blood coven box was 100$ and is out of print. Total retail is 275$ so assuming the standard 170$ for the box it's about a 40% discount.

• Like 3