The Rumour Thread

It is clear that we will have some refresh of old armies like the recent beast of chaos: the danse started with the huge succes of Legion of Nagash which made new with old stuff with talent.

Second point is that they (pretty much) all need a AoS 2 refresh , due essentially to magic and summon, with at some point  some new  endless spells.

All in all, LoN soup armies will be on the go soon or later waiting the Dispossesed one, the greenz one, the skaven one, the cities one(humans) etc...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, eciu said:

So there is a chance of Battletome for Dispossesed (bundled with all Free People or not) ?

We can only hope! Just think of the possibilities, different holds having different abilities like the great frays, chambers, having rules for tunneling, different runes to take, just think of all the possibilities. I kinda hope they get their own separate battletome. and then the humans getting a cities of sigmar book with the special ability to take some extra races as well.

47 minutes ago, S__ said:

I bet Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen will therefore get a Battletome together, the same for all aelven factions of the World-that-was.

I donno about an aelven bundle. With all the hints about the interactions of light and shadow and animosity between the new aelvens and Slaanesh I think we're going to get new Slaanesh and at least one or two new aelf factions that all play off each other. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Fyreslayer tome has been mentioned here, but I don't think there was any mention it being released that soon (would be happy if that was the case).

their was also rumors of Ironjawz wave 2 coming sometimes next year and I heard KO where stated to have new models being plan for them (also since their Battletome is a current mess right now, I think they will get a release sooner rather then later)

I feel like if the Fyreslayer tome releases this year it isn't going to have new models in it given how busy the rest of the year looks, since I think a big problem for them is model variety beside being weirdly design as a horde army

31 minutes ago, novakai said:

their was also rumors of Ironjawz wave 2 coming sometimes next year and I heard KO where stated to have new models being plan for them (also since their Battletome is a current mess right now, I think they will get a release sooner rather then later)

I feel like if the Fyreslayer tome releases this year it isn't going to have new models in it given how busy the rest of the year looks, since I think a big problem for them is model variety beside being weirdly design as a horde army

If I wasn’t mistaken, their have also been rumors of a Skaven Battletome or some kind of a similar release consisting out of skaven models etc. Coming out on the end of February 2019.

if this rumors is or would be true.

i would be very, very...............……………………..................................................................................................................................................................................…………...................………...........................................................................................................................very excited 

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If I wasn’t mistaken, their have also been rumors of a Skaven Battletome or some kind of a similar release consisting out of skaven models etc. Coming out on the end of February 2019.

if this rumors is or would be true.

i would be very, very...............……………………..................................................................................................................................................................................…………...................………...........................................................................................................................very excited 

My birthday is in the last week of Febuary. Will all the clanrats and stormvermin sitting halfpainted on my shelf finally see play?

2 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

My birthday is in the last week of Febuary. Will all the clanrats and stormvermin sitting halfpainted on my shelf finally see play?

Well my birthday is sadly said only at the beginning of February, but hey it would stilll be the perfect after birthday present.?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Interesting how the first Underworld warbands were  mini AoS units, with various weapons to personalise the different soldier and their (sexy) champion. Easy to put a AoS warscroll on that.  But now we got a proper hero (wizard except KO) and often soldiers from various units. Much better to flesh out at faction, but super tricky to make a warscroll… Maybe a wizz and his bodyguards ? or  no warscroll ? 
(NB, as a non competitive player I love to add those warbands to my AoS  armies)

PS : the 2 factions from the box set seem designed in a conservative way, like Shadespire warbands. They were probably the first to be designed. Possibly because they wanted the basic guys to complete the Soul Wars unit, or maybe for fluff reasons, like a banshee will probably not hang out with a revenant, a reaper and a stalker... ). Pity, 2 evocators, with swords,  is boring...

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Dear GW - please give us at least 3 months warning before announcing a new Skaven Battletome - this should give us time to batten down the forums from insane chittering and skittering and mad crazed gnawing at threads that overly excited skaven players are likely to experience

Come forth my Children,

The time is near, ready-prepare your weapons, 

man things shall Die-die, City burrows will be stolen-taken.

And with the fall-death of man-things, Beardthings, Aelvethings and Chaos-things will be next,

Yes-yes.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

So today I built a vampire lord (the female one made of resin) is it was pretty terrible. 

This would be the longest shot in the Dark ever made... but does anyone know if or when they might ever completely move away from resin or is it a thing to stay forever? 

My Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut is resin too... I’ve actually got quite a few resin models and while I’m more used to it now I still hate it. Plastic is so much better. 

15+ years all factions and every unit will be 100% plastic or the day will never come? Would they sooner just put units out of action than make a new model for them? 

• Like 1

There's no way to guess but yes GW will one day fully move away from finecast. The issue is that hero model sell slower than troops so it takes longer for the mould to wear out - this is even wore when its an unpopular material which results in even slower sale of models. Also its important to remember that retooling for plastic requires starting from the ground up.

It will happen one day, but not for some time yet. 

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

There's no way to guess but yes GW will one day fully move away from finecast. The issue is that hero model sell slower than troops so it takes longer for the mould to wear out - this is even wore when its an unpopular material which results in even slower sale of models. Also its important to remember that retooling for plastic requires starting from the ground up.

It will happen one day, but not for some time yet. 

Yeah, while they could pretty directly move models from metal to resin because the processes are more similar(I seem to recall reading that the reason some fincecast models were so bad is that they were using mostly worn out moulds that were used for metal previously), so they could do that switch without as much work, but injection molded plastic is such a different process.

While I do prefer modern plastics, GW has gotten really good at plastic, I don't mind resin that much, especially if it's the later designed for resin miniatures(not essentially recasts of older metal miniatures) or ForgeWorld. It's one of those weird situations where all the awful things people say about Finecast and all the good things GW advertised about Finecast are both true. There are some models that have been really screwed up my Finecast, but at the same time, when they do come out good, they come out really really good. I will say that I really don't like metal though. Heavy, harder to clean up(need to do some serious filing of spurs and can't use a hobby knife), and they always chip when they fall over. I've never had a plastic or resin model chip.

Edited by bsharitt
  • Like 3