The Rumour Thread

I don't know if you read the previous posts, but people isn't actually cheering from happiness with the AoS (lack of) reveals. That's a bit like rubbing salt in the wounds just to get publicity for your blog.

I know that's not your intention, but that's how it came to me.

As we are quite liberal on our page, we have the advantage to be able to say and write what we like, without the neccessity of desperate advertisement. The quality of the articles though is dependend on the feedback we get. So yeah, we want people to read the article and feedback that we feel makes us better. So, what exactly feels salty? Without a description of what disturbs you, we aren`t exactly able to extract information that helps us to improve. The way I see it, we had quite a rational approach about our personal experience in Duesseldorf.

1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

Hmmm, some of the older non-plastic stuff like the chariot for sure but the Ungors, Gors, Bestigors, Brayshaman, Cygor, Ghorgon and even the Jaberslyth are really quite nice models (in my humble opinion). I agree though that a couple of new models would be great though.

I had a look after I posted and I agree they're not as bad as I remember them being! The proportions and aesthetic are perfectly acceptable in hindsight, I guess it's the fact that they're tremendously static and kind of uniform in their pose. They could do with exhibiting more energy and rage.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

If the Beastmen rumours are true, I hope this signals the start of more battletomes that focus on bringing a faction up to date. Unfortunately GW doesn't have the time/resources/schedule to have big releases for every faction, so it would be nice to see the factions that don't have much planned for them get something sooner rather than later. 

Couldn't agree with this more, I'd love to see a few books to update the older factions.

If production  capacity at the factory is a major bottleneck (as is rumoured), then putting out some Battletome-only releases could be the perfect solution.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nos said:

Beastmen desperately need new models mind. The majority of the current batch were poor even when they were released Years and years ago.

I realize it's not going to happen, but if they redid the Bullgors I'd probably start a army of them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I realize it's not going to happen, but if they redid the Bullgors I'd probably start a army of them.

The bullgor models aren't that bad. They grew on me, and were actually the most fun to paint of any models I've painted so far.

I was cautiously optimistic when LLV dropped the beastman rumour, but now that Moonstone is backing it up and with more details, I'm officially hyped! ? While new models (more hero choices, plastic centigors and something to replace chariots mostly) would be cool, I'm perfectly happy with a soup-tome and some endless spells for now. Maybe I can even convert a doombull or something from that flaming bull spell, that might be awesome...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

Sounds interesting :) is this from a source or is it speculation? 

Moonstone is him/herself a reliable source.  They provided us the DoK details (double morathi model, etc) followed by Cthulu elves (Deepkin).  Moonstone has demonstrated sources from within the studio - I would trust him/her.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Samanar said:

So Darkoath are beastmen and not barbarians/Chaos Undivided afterall? What about Malign Portents model then?

Or is there separate Darkoath faction coming, apart from now speculated Brayherd update? ?

LLV said Darkoath/Beastmen release. Not Darkoath=Beastmen. It was either one or the other.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

LLV said Darkoath/Beastmen release. Not Darkoath=Beastmen. It was either one or the other.

Or combination release.... I still think that might happen. After the succes of LoN and the way it's received by the community... I wouldn't be surprised if they released some more of those styles of releases. Skaven, Undivided Chaos, Free Cities (Freeguild with Dispossessed and some elf factions). It's a great way to clean the mish mash of factions and from there they can pick out factions (nighthaunt style) to give the AoS treatment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stato said:

Does anyone know if the Xmas bundle store pre-orders were announced this year?  I remember last year we knew about a lot of paint and scenery bundles that were coming as GW sent out a pre-order list to stores way in advance.  

But not this early right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stato said:

Does anyone know if the Xmas bundle store pre-orders were announced this year?  I remember last year we knew about a lot of paint and scenery bundles that were coming as GW sent out a pre-order list to stores way in advance.  

Will probably find that as they were leaked all over the internet last year, that GW will leave it until the last possible moment to release this year.

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

But not this early right?

At the back of my brain I want to say it was October time.

50 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Will probably find that as they were leaked all over the internet last year, that GW will leave it until the last possible moment to release this year.

At the back of my brain I want to say it was October time.

Probably right about not wanting to release info. The previous big scenery sets were leaked in Feb 2017 and 'revealed' in Oct for Nov purchase, they probably did an early order request with retailers to have time to make up enough stock to meet demand.  I was just wondering if the same was happening this year.  Likely similar sets will be coming but GW just decided to make X amount based on sales expectation and not leak any early info.

Here was the previous leak.  http://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/02/big-games-workshop-terrain-sets-coming.html

Edited by stato

18 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Can't wait for Battleforces 2018 announcement. Wonder wich factions will they choose. If the formula is the same as 2017 i will end up with two or three of those boxes.  

Just some wild speculation but I'm counting on :

- Idoneth

- Rotbringers

- Daughters of Khaine

- Some sort of Stormcasts

• Like 1

So Darkoath looks like a 'soup' book that will bring together the unaligned elements of the chaos army: Beastmen and Slaves to Darkness. This will relegate some units to the compendium legends version and also release a few new models for the combined faction.  Sounds good to me....

• Like 1

@Ghark @Enoby  If they'll will stick to 4 battleforces for AoS and 4 for 40k they will omit DoK in favour of Nighthaunt. Personally I'm interested in Idoneth, DoK and Nighthaunt boxes. Might take them all. Yeah, really smart since I still haven't opened my Kharadron battleforce and sc, AoS 2 box and blood coven for DoK . Wonder when will my painting catch up with my purchases. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

We have already had a terrain bundle leak this year.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/03/possible-november-releases-that-you.html

Sweet, there it is!   Must have missed this being shared anywhere (dont really visit 212 directly)

EDIT: Although the Munitions hub already seems eclipsed by the Killzone Munitorum, odd.

Edited by stato

58 minutes ago, Aryann said:

@Ghark @Enoby  If they'll will stick to 4 battleforces for AoS and 4 for 40k they will omit DoK in favour of Nighthaunt. Personally I'm interested in Idoneth, DoK and Nighthaunt boxes. Might take them all. Yeah, really smart since I still haven't opened my Kharadron battleforce and sc, AoS 2 box and blood coven forAoS. Wonder when will my painting catch up with my purchases.  

Not necessarily, last year Death Guard and Marines didn't have a box even if they were in the new starter set ;)

That's why I didn't really expect Nighhaunt. But I'll gladly be wrong since I'm a Death player!

thing is Nighthaunt already have the boxed game and a getting started box. They don't really "need" another big box of discounts to encourage sales of them. Daughters have nothing (aside from the most expensive base troop...) so would fit for getting a christmas battle force set. They could even bundle in a few of the other Dark Elf stuff as allies if they wanted. The other fair thing would be to give Daughters their battleforce box instead. 

• Like 1