The Rumour Thread

In the second episode of the new podcast they said a couple intresting thing:

-Spells costs points (around 20 to 40 each)

-A new spell "crystal wall" (probably the one in the ironjaws image someone posted previously) that prevents from shooting trought it

2 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

In the second episode of the new podcast they said a couple intresting thing:

-Spells costs points (around 20 to 40 each)

-A new spell "crystal wall" (probably the one in the ironjaws image someone posted previously) that prevents from shooting trought it

And the models will be sold in a box of 13.

I don't know what "Ironjawz" image everyone is talking about. I remember a crystal wall in a Seraphon image, mind. ?

9 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

And the models will be sold in a box of 13.

I don't know what "Ironjawz" image everyone is talking about. I remember a crystal wall in a Seraphon image, mind. ?

The "Ironjawz" image contained also Seraphons with a crystal wall in between them.

I missed that the models will be sold in a box of 13, this stands as a testament that I can't do three things in the same time ?. Still, that's cool of them selling them together, did they said anything about the price or the size?

Edited by Bradipo322
I forgot to ask something
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

The "curls" of it are throwing me off. Doesn't quite look like the typical GW smoke, but maybe has a more fluidic feel to it.

get your point. Still Firebelly is the first thing I thought. maybe an 'exhaust' plume of smoke. If you rotate it, it could be smoke being pushed out and at the end curling up towards the sky. 

1 minute ago, blueshirtman said:

When you take control of one of the big spells, will you have to have your own model of it to move it around, or is it just going to be the initial player who is going to have to have the model?

I'm pretty sure it's just put on the board and that's it. So if you don't cast any yourself, you technically won't need any models.

• Like 1

Just now, Kramer said:

get your point. Still Firebelly is the first thing I thought. maybe an 'exhaust' plume of smoke. If you rotate it, it could be smoke being pushed out and at the end curling up towards the sky. 

Firebelly was also my first thought.

1 minute ago, blueshirtman said:

When you take control of one of the big spells, will you have to have your own model of it to move it around, or is it just going to be the initial player who is going to have to have the model?

My impression is that both players share the model for predatory spells.  To me, the ‘tactical choice’ that was alluded to, regarding double turns, suggests that the 2nd player will move them each turn.

i guess the casting player will be expected to buy the model in terms of both cash and points.

Any other suggestions ?

2 minutes ago, MightyMetro said:

To me, the ‘tactical choice’ that was alluded to, regarding double turns, suggests that the 2nd player will move them each turn.

They mentioned it in the endless spells article. The second player gets to move a spell first(it happens once a battle round).

26 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

I missed that the models will be sold in a box of 13, this stands as a testament that I can't do three things in the same time ? . Still, that's cool of them selling them together, did they said anything about the price or the size?

Some models, such as the purple sun, seem rather large. With 13 models in a box, this could get rather pricey.  

I read elsewhere on tga about a “Malign Magic” book. Is this official or just rumor? Do you think we should expect a kit with models and a magic rulebook included?

Starter 2.0, General Handbook 2018, and Magic too... guess ill be buying the one at a time, over a few months!

6 minutes ago, MightyMetro said:

Some models, such as the purple sun, seem rather large. With 13 models in a box, this could get rather pricey.  

I read elsewhere on tga about a “Malign Magic” book. Is this official or just rumor? Do you think we should expect a kit with models and a magic rulebook included?

Starter 2.0, General Handbook 2018, and Magic too... guess ill be buying the one at a time, over a few months!

As far as anyone is aware, Malign Sorcery is going to be a booked expansion with some models to back it up.  The impression I got was we're getting more than just endless spells in the expansion, but can't imagine it being a big book to be honest.

Rule book v2 - core rules will still be free, but rule book will contain realm based spells

Generals Handbook 2018 - points will still be available for free on Scrollbuilder

Malign Sorcery - entirely optional

Starter v2 - new starter set containing the rule book plus Stormcast & Nighthaunt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RuneBrush said:

As far as anyone is aware, Malign Sorcery is going to be a booked expansion with some models to back it up.  The impression I got was we're getting more than just endless spells in the expansion, but can't imagine it being a big book to be honest.

Rule book v2 - core rules will still be free, but rule book will contain realm based spells

Generals Handbook 2018 - points will still be available for free on Scrollbuilder

Malign Sorcery - entirely optional

Starter v2 - new starter set containing the rule book plus Stormcast & Nighthaunt

Thanks for the clarification!

Even though i want to buy them all, and will in time, its great to see how much free content will continue with 2.0.

Free core rules, warscrolls, malign portents fluff, the new podcast and comic.  Ive been really impressed by GW since i returned to the hobby last year. Theyve got me hooked again.  Long may it continue!

• Like 1

I thik that is one of the best things of AoS, going free rules and warscrolls made me and a few friends try again. Now I have completed my wood elves ancient army, made sylvaneth, kharadron, undead, stormcast and idoneth armys... and I'm so happy they continue on this line

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MightyMetro said:

Thanks for the clarification!

Even though i want to buy them all, and will in time, its great to see how much free content will continue with 2.0.

Free core rules, warscrolls, malign portents fluff, the new podcast and comic.  Ive been really impressed by GW since i returned to the hobby last year. Theyve got me hooked again.  Long may it continue!

I suspect 2.0 will follow the 40k 8th model and while the free rules will still work for basic games, most people are actually going to want to full book this time around.

If it is Moonclan Grots and if those things that the smoke is coming are flowers (they look like flowers to me) then maybe Moonclan are going to be a "farmer" faction of destruction or a more nature-ish faction like the sylvaneth focusing on mushrooms, plant life and other creatures (Squigs!) fighting alongside the grots.  

Gorts I think in lore of Fantasy and 40k have a history of being the ones to look after the orkoid life that grows with the coming Waaargh.

With both pictures together, it kind of looks like pods releasing spores or gas into the air. I'm actually curious if this is a Grot itself or a Fungoid Squig/destruction creature. The Cave Shaman already has a fungus motif and his spell is spore themed, so I can't see another spore-centric character, and I think it looks to big for infantry. I'm going to hazard the guess of Fungal artillery of some sort from a Squig.