The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Isn't this the first war machine released for AoS ... period?

Well yes, but the war machines they have rebranded in AoS packaging have generally had ‘on-board’ crew and it had been looking like those separate crew style of war machines had been trending towards compendium.  But not any more.

Edited by BrAiKo

7 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

Well yes, but the war machines they have rebranded in AoS packaging have generally had ‘on-board’ crew and it had been looking like those separate crew style of war machines had been trending towards compendium.  But not any more.

Note that the Warhammer Legends warscroll for the Reaper Bolt Thrower states: "The Bolt Thrower and its crew are treated as a single model, using the characteristics given above." It's entirely possible that this is an indication of how the crewed warmachine warscrolls will be handled in the second edition.

• Like 1

Just noticed something interesting. If you add up all the minis shown on the warhammer community live blog it comes to 53 miniatures which is exactly the same number of minis as the dark Vengeance Box set. The only oddity is that would mean just one stormcast hero.

Another point in favour of these being the starter set minis is that the nighthaunt side matches up exactly with the art shown by @LLV

5 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Isn't this the first war machine released for AoS ... period?

That was my thought as well.  I was starting to wonder if GW was going to phase out artillery since to my knowledge all of the artillery units have been carry-overs from WFB and nothing has specifically been made for Age of Sigmar.

• Like 1

Anyone visit ageofsigmar.com yet? Really nice artwork shown :)

I think I see some Free Guild and Darkoath solders in the piece, though I might be seeing things (to the left below the mounted chaos knights)

Edited by BrownDog

5 hours ago, rokapoke said:

Note that the Warhammer Legends warscroll for the Reaper Bolt Thrower states: "The Bolt Thrower and its crew are treated as a single model, using the characteristics given above." It's entirely possible that this is an indication of how the crewed warmachine warscrolls will be handled in the second edition.

Wow good spot, hopefully this is a sign of the many warscroll updates we can expect with AoS2! My Ironweld and gobbo artillery will be glad to no longer have their crews sniped.

While its nice to see new artillery in AoS, i would be more interested if it was for literally any other faction than Siggies. Even just passively collecting them ive amassed over 4k pts im unlikely to play with all of, why would i want to buy more?

By contrast, the black coach is oustanding and ill happily replace my old metal one with it, even if i dont go full nighthaunt. I did initially think the NH stuff looked very samey, but the close ups reveal tons of lovely details - great job GW!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, Ungface said:

Because not everyone is as bitter,jaded or immature as you?

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Please don't call out or react to other members in this way. Whilst we all have different views on things, we all like playing with Toy Soldiers so there is no need to react to somebody in such a way. Don't do it again.

• Like 8

One of the reasons I'm pretty stoked about that Bolt Thrower is that it gives me a way to ally my old Dark Elf Bolt Throwers back in with Darkling Covens or Scourge Privateers! I'll have to figure out a way to make the crew both aelven but still clearly enough counts-as stormcast allies which sounds like a neat little side project. I might even get the Naggaroth bloodbowl team and convert those corsair inspired players into warmachine crew.

• Like 1

Man I can't wait for more news. I'm definitely buying the new Nighthaunt, but the new edition alone could account for much of the hype I have right now. I imagine they will be teasing us with maps, short snippets of lore and finally the new rules as we get closer to the release date. It will be interesting to see how they handle things like line of sight, measuring base to base or model to model, and how shooting when in combat works (if at all), as well as seeing what they want to do with the command points. 

My guess is that command points will be used to trigger command abilities, but how will you earn them? By taking battalions and being legal for matched play? Will artifacts work in a similar fashion than in 40k (in that you pay cp for the extra artifacts) then or will you still be granted an extra artifact for just taking the battalion?

What do you think will come in regards to changes?

Edited by smucreo

8 minutes ago, smucreo said:

My guess is that command points will be used to trigger command abilities, but how will you earn them? By taking battalions and being legal for matched play? Will artifacts work in a similar fashion than in 40k (in that you pay cp for the extra artifacts) then or will you still be granted an extra artifact for just taking the battalion?

What do you think will come in regards to changes?

Guessing it will be like for the portents scenarios, i.e. 1 point per hero, plus D6 per turn. I really hope it isn't based on battalions as many armies are not allowed battalions. I'm hopeful that GW will end the 2-tier battletome / non-battletome situation as it stinks. The magic changes hint at this getting fixed to some extent at least. 

Edited by Sheriff
  • Like 2

Just now, Imperial said:

In warhammer legends dark elf bolt thrower don't have separate crew! I think we will get same update in our grot artillery

This adds to the hype for grots getting better in 2nd Ed. Will be nice to not have 2 rock lobbas killed by a single nurgle infinite range D3 mortal wounds. 

• More resilient artillery
  • Fast cheap chaff chariots can shut down enemy ranged attacks
  • Multiple little heroes become useful (many command abilities, dead heros not as big of a deal)
  • Magic spell list available

30 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

FA3B8B09-2BDE-4825-9F6A-52A539C5A260.png.1efd050b99a68dbc33476577d59a26c4.png

From AgeofSigmar.com, courtesy of Still-young

I'm fairly certain that those are some new Free Guild soldier designs below the Chaos Knights to the Left.

Oh awesome. Great Alex Boyd's artwork. 

Indeed for the round helmeted common humans !

• Like 1