The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Some horrible octopus or squid thing? This one's surprisingly clear for a rumour engine, not just a scrap of a topknot or some smoke.

What do folks think about the size? I think you can see the coarseness of the paint, it doesn't look very large.

Perhaps the size of a small hopping cave animal? 

2 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Rumour Engine:

"What does the year ahead hold? The Rumour Engine knows – although it’s being as cryptic as ever…"

RumourEngine-Jan9jw.jpg

Squiq hot air balloon grots

Squig powered grot sky pirates using it's farts to move the thing

Or Scourge Privateer floating jellyfish death platform

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It may be a coincidence but there seems to be alot of witch elves being painted and used lately.. 

#justsaying ;)

Tyler Mengel has produced tutorials for WHC representing the following AoS factions;

Death, Daughters of Khaine, Moonclan, Stormcast and is now doing one for Nurgle.

That can't be a coincidence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Praetor of Calth said:

Tyler Mengel has produced tutorials for WHC representing the following AoS factions;

Death, Daughters of Khaine, Moonclan, Stormcast and is now doing one for Nurgle.

That can't be a coincidence.

Yup its been a great predictor of the stuff thats coming for a while now. They don't pick this stuff at random. Hence my excitement when they started painted grots, then BAM a week later they announce a new grot model. 

Based on painting tutorials we can bank on death, grot, and witch elf models incoming. 

the return of Dreadfleet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a big kraken monster for Dreadfleet.

speaking seriously, I am always more intrigued by the possibility of a Scourge privateers faction. We have seen a lot of rumours lately that could lead to a naval faction. Not particularly fond of Dark elves prefer the silvan kind but it would be a good addition to the new fantasy look GW pulled out lately (Nurgle god of re-birth more than god of roth, steampunk fliyng dwarf fleets....).

Edited by Frozenbeast

Interesting, can't tell what section of a Stormcast that is. 

Seriously though, would not be surprised for this to be a very very little piece. I'm hoping Sea based Aelfs, maybe a pet or base/shipdetail. Or maybe even some Goblin sky pirates, and this could be a squid grenade. Myabe we'll find this side of 2018? 

2 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

On twitch today Phil Kelly  said new factions super soon, keep an eye on MalignPortents.com.

Could be a reference to the new death changes, but it sounds like new models.

My local GW store manager said he 'saw an incredible new Black Coach'. I asked where and he said .. not on something public. 

YEAH !

I saw (on DakkaDakka ?) that PK said on WHTV that there would be new typical-AOS factions (like Kharadron Overlords I guess...) soon. 

So a Death Release may be ... Not so typical, unlike Cthullu Shadow Aleves ?

I don't know and I want both :P

EDIT : I just saw on the MP thread that PK said "no comment" about Aelves, and the the Realms of Light and Shadows will not play a big part in MP, unlike Vandus. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

6 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

My local GW store manager said he 'saw an incredible new Black Coach'. I asked where and he said .. not on something public. 

I would love a new Black Coach. I currently have a Nighthaunt army but not Black Coach, not because of the unit's rules, but because I can't make myself pay actual money for that awful model. I've got my Nighthaunt army halted at 1600 with 400 points of Soulblight allies making up the rest because I've got plenty of hexwraiths and I never want to see an unassembled Spirithost again, but I've got plenty of room for the Knight of Shrouds and a Black Coach with a better model.

I actually have a Black Coach ready to get converted. I doubt we'll see a new version of it specifically. GW doesn't seem to be in the mood for redesigning existing models, generally speaking.

I guess the Nurgle release sorta disproves that. But then again, the black coach is a nobody model, plague marines are a much bigger deal. The Black Coach he heard about is much more likely to be a completely new model in the vein of a coach.

8 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

From the Twitch stream upcoming Black Library books :):

AoS Books

Overlords of the Iron Dragon
Nagash: They Undying King (regular hardback)

World that Was

Time of Legend: The Vengeance Wars (great betrayal)

Overlords is a really good and interesting book.  Learning so much about the KO Code, nice development by Clint in that book.

• Like 1

How plausible is the rumour about a big Aelf release in may/june? I assume that around april/may the second new army for AoS will be released? This month Maggotkin of Nurgle and than around 3 months later the second AoS army for this year.

Also according this rumoured release schedule no  Shadespire warband 7 and 8 (SC/Khorne) before june. That seems a bit strange.

16b8e82f42a0297f00d8502410e57604_116971.

32 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

How plausible is the rumour about a big Aelf release in may/june? I assume that around april/may the second new army for AoS will be released? This month Maggotkin of Nurgle and than around 3 months later the second AoS army for this year.

Also according this rumoured release schedule no  Shadespire warband 7 and 8 (SC/Khorne) before june. That seems a bit strange.

16b8e82f42a0297f00d8502410e57604_116971.

This leak seems to come from various rumors, and to be mainly 40k-oriented.

It seems to come from this poster who was quite right back in November about Daemons and Adeptus Custodes, so you could say it's reliable.

1515536187637.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Another year no skaven other than a warband it seems! The horned rat is not pleased!

The two schedules only goes to June, so... Also, per the existing fluff, at least Clans Eshin are involved in the Fate of Slaanesh (which could see releases, like a Slaanesh Battletome at the end of 2018-2019). Also Eshin alreadyhave an official AOS miniature now (from WHQ) ;) 

@HorticulusTGA

So you think it's plausible that we will see two Aelves faction released side by side? It does sound nice Aelves on ?waterhorses? and an expansion on the Witch Aelves theme.

Well hopefully it's Darkoath, Death, two Aelves factions, Stormcast, Slaanesh, Light Aelves and skaven for 2018!

Edited by Tonhel

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@HorticulusTGA

So you think it's plausible that we will see two Aelves faction released side by side? It does sound nice Aelves on ?waterhorses? and an expansion on the Witch Aelves theme.

Well hopefully it's Darkoath, Death, two Aelves factions, Stormcast, Slaanesh, Light Aelves and skaven for 2018!

As before the Warhammer Quest box basically covered two types of Aelven subjactes too.

I think your line up is almost correct, you can remove Darkoaths from that line up though and Skaven, other than Shadespire stuff, sorry. 

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Not really strange. Have talked about GW managers and they view it as a side game, that vision comes from higher ups. The Bloodbowls, Warhammer Quests and Shadespires arn't designed to thake potential 40k and AoS players away from their main games :) 

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1