The Rumour Thread

With a grain of salt: when my wife went to a GW store to offer me some skellies for Christmas (I was telling her about the Shadespire skeletons over and over and as she did not quite listened to me, now I am the happy owner of the skeleton horde SC \o/ ), so... between attempts to sell her Nagash (to start an army, really?!), he told her that there will be Death related releases in March.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

With a grain of salt: when my wife went to a GW store to offer me some skellies for Christmas (I was telling her about the Shadespire skeletons over and over and as she did not quite listened to me, now I am the happy owner of the skeleton horde SC \o/ ), so... between attempts to sell her Nagash (to start an army, really?!), he told her that there will be Death related releases in March.

Actual rumour here, folks!

This chimes with what I heard too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Well... guess what month the undying king book comes out? March. Quite interesting. 

1 hour ago, pseudonyme said:

More over, i usually find « miniatures stores employees » closest to the frequent customer who helps when neede than to actual sales forces. GW or not, I find them aaaaall so bad...

well, I still wanted to share that « info »

Yeah I've had a few bad experiences as well, when I started out looking at getting a "practice model" to work on, I was told to buy a codex, a starter paint set and a hive tyrant :/ 

5 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Yeah I've had a few bad experiences as well, when I started out looking at getting a "practice model" to work on, I was told to buy a codex, a starter paint set and a hive tyrant :/ 

#Metoo?

I wanted some inspiration for a torso for a kitbashed nurgle daemen prince. The store owner insisted I should get the Glottkin. So ehm.. I try to keep GW store workers on a need to know basis.

6 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I think GW stores are pretty different nowdays. Here they give people a free space Marine practice model and a painting class.

Ive also seen a giant binder with cards for completing specific activities the first time given out to newbies.

Note this was all in the last year.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

I think GW stores are pretty different nowdays. Here they give people a free space Marine practice model and a painting class.

Ive also seen a giant binder with cards for completing specific activities the first time given out to newbies.

Note this was all in the last year.

Im sorry mate but my experience was last summer. Bottomline is they are very helpful but in my experience they aren’t very good at listening. It is what it is but to my experience they will sell you anything not listening to your needs. Another story about a year or so. I went to ask them about the rules for buying through a company. I told the guy that I worked with teenagers in a youthclub and we had a very small budget but I wanted to buy a few boxes we used for blood bowl. The guy was very helpful but it took only a few second before he insisted that we couldn’t live without the giant paintset. 

I have a ton of stories like these and as a result I always advise the kids at work to be very specific when they go into a GW store, cause them employees smell blood..

One kid at the age of 10 got a start collecting ironjawz and went to expand his army. After the employees got to him he came home with a The mawcrusha. You do not have to be very competive to see that it would make a hell lot more sense to add, brutes boyz, warboss, another start collecting or the battle tome. 

But ehm this that got way out of track.. so hey rumours!

Let's keep this to rumours guys. No more talk about your store experiences, unless it's also rumour/upcoming release related.

In rumour news, we've got a picture displaying the full Nurgle range.

DSPy-rEWkAAJ99F.jpg:large

Key takeaways, Nurgle has a bajillion heroes, but little in the way of troops. Looks like Chaos will be relying on Slaves to Darkness to fill the ranks for the foreseeable future.

True! I was mostly thinking about Mortals though. But add the Pestilens and even the Daemons, and Nurgle has a very solid selection of troops.

I just feel that Khorne and Tzeench got a better hand, with thematic chaff and elites. Khorne especially having a great selection of foot troops.

I assume it will be

January: Maggotkin releases and Codex: Daemons.

February: Late january / early february the four Herald / champions for Malign Portents and the rest of the month will be 40K stuff.

March: As rumoured above hopefully a big Death release.

I think that the above will the releases for the first three months of 2018. 

6 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

True! I was mostly thinking about Mortals though. But add the Pestilens and even the Daemons, and Nurgle has a very solid selection of troops.

I just feel that Khorne and Tzeench got a better hand, with thematic chaff and elites. Khorne especially having a great selection of foot troops.

We'll know when we have the book.

To be honest though, named characters arnt bad and other than a General and maby second Artefact bearer not many non-named are needed.

I do agree with you on Khorne unit selection. But its just the way the cards are dealth. I believe Nurgle has the most named characters now.

For Khorne there is a lot of overlap with StD too however so while there more Bloodbound choices as Rotbringers the functional depth of choices isnt too different.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Key takeaways, Nurgle has a bajillion heroes, but little in the way of troops. Looks like Chaos will be relying on Slaves to Darkness to fill the ranks for the foreseeable future.

Well the new tome also lower the  points on blightkings so I guess they might appear more often in the future. If we are to rely on STD theeeen please make some new chaos warrior models.. 

Edited by Greasygeek

8 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Well the new tome also lower the  points on blightkings so I guess they might appear more often in the future. If we are to rely on STD theeeen please make some new chaos warrior models.. 

We need a break from chaos tbh, they're starting to make Stormcasts look like High Aelves...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Riavan said:

No. More skaven needed.

Exact and Slaanesh will also not be forgotten. Basically GW should never break away from Chaos. The reason for this is very simple too, it`s the most GW original content.

All I can hope is that High Elves and Dark Elves will be redesigned to GW orginals. Meaning that ideally High Elves turn into something shadowy and the Dark Elves focus is more Witch Elves and Pirates with lizard cloacks themed.

But to be honest, I wouldn`t be suprised if GW would plan something for Elves and Slaanesh in 2019. After MP`s Death focus it could be really cool to do another Chaos focus. However I`d also be very cool with Destruction making an appereance as main villian for a saga.

3 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

High and Dark elves are dead. No more. New Elves will be something completely different, whilst keeping minor design elements of the previous factions (see Duardin).

Not so much, the newest designs do not show something completely different. In fact I'd say it keeps mayor design elements that are unique to GW and befitting for Age of Sigmar. Duaradin Fyreslayers look 80% like WFB's Slayers, just amped to 11. Amongst Kharadron Overlords there are actually several designs that match that of Dispossessed too, basically amping things up to 11, best example is Irondrakes and the Dwarf Engineer designs.

Based on what we've seen amongst several armies there are only two real requirements needed for a unit to stay. Which seem to be:
1. They fit the epic fantasy styled design of their 'new' faction. In certain cases there is a lot of overlap (mostly seen in Chaos, Death and Destruction) and in others there is less, Order.
2. They need to fit the dynamic designs seen troughout AoS. Sometimes this even means that 'newest' WFB designes are scrapped if they do not fit that base visual look. Again many examples are given.

Based on that an indication of what's kept and what's more or less left would very much leave the following amongst regular AoS armies (even for the nearby future):

- War Hydra/Kharidbyss, dynamic and very unique model
- High Elves Eagles and Phoenixes, with likely eventual new infantry that matches that particular design more
- Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter plus all visual matching Dark Elves Sorceress, extremely dynamic and GW original
- Scourgerunner Chariot
- Black Arc Corsairs/Black Arc Fleetmaster, dynamic, GW original
- Dark Riders and Doomfire Warlocks

In essence I believe that GW's plans for Dark Elves are to focus on the Corsairs and Witches, where for High Elves a lot more changes will be applied but eventually that likely ends up being focused around Eagles, Phoenix and Smoke Sorcerers. 

We also are likely to see Darkoath before Slaanesh for Chaos and I deem it very possible that the Chaos Marauder kit will be updated but the Chaos Marauder Horsemen will not. There is a lot of time between these two boxes and the vibes both visually put out are actually very different too. 

Cheers,
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Exact and Slaanesh will also not be forgotten. Basically GW should never break away from Chaos. The reason for this is very simple too, it`s the most GW original content.

All I can hope is that High Elves and Dark Elves will be redesigned to GW orginals. Meaning that ideally High Elves turn into something shadowy and the Dark Elves focus is more Witch Elves and Pirates with lizard cloacks themed.

But to be honest, I wouldn`t be suprised if GW would plan something for Elves and Slaanesh in 2019. After MP`s Death focus it could be really cool to do another Chaos focus. However I`d also be very cool with Destruction making an appereance as main villian for a saga.

Ooh, I really hope that we will see Elves before 2019. Otherwise I think it would be a terrible decision from GW. An Aelves release is imo really needed. Even it would only a Shadespire warband.
About Shadespire, I am hoping that we will see the next 4 warbands in the first quarter or do you think GW will spread the 4 warbands over 2018?

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Duaradin Fyreslayers look 80% like WFB's Slayers, just amped to 11. Amongst Kharadron Overlords there are actually several designs that match that of Dispossessed too, basically amping things up to 11, best example is Irondrakes and the Dwarf Engineer designs.

I don't know if it was true or not, but I seem to remember reading some where that the Fyreslayers were originally slated to be released during the End Times.

I actually really like that you can see the lineage of the Kharadron Overlords in the later designs like the Irondrakes and gyro(bomber|copter).

53 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Ooh, I really hope that we will see Elves before 2019. Otherwise I think it would be a terrible decision from GW. An Aelves release is imo really needed. Even it would only a Shadespire warband.
About Shadespire, I am hoping that we will see the next 4 warbands in the first quarter or do you think GW will spread the 4 warbands over 2018?

I think it's likely you will see the updates for them too but I still do not think it will be a 'ton' of new models. Again they also don't need it but I do think Dark Elves former know as (basically) will get their update. I deem it very likely that the spoilers we saw are some actually new witches for the 'Malerion faction'.

Next to that I think the Shadespire Warbands will now not be two a month but one for every month. So I expect the Skaven to appear in January, Fyreslayers for February, Stormcast for May and Bloodbound for April. It's also possible that the latter two will be combined into another starter set with new tiles. What was very cool to hear in the very recent MiniWarGamers interview with Shadespires lead designer is that he confirmed a lot more Shadespire is comming. For the game size it's also a succes, 10K+ followers on Facebook and Youtube reviews most certainly havn't been as critical to it as say with Necromunda.

It's within the next releases of Shadespire that I do expect the Pestigors to show up and indeed quite likely an Elven Warband too. That however will likely follow the same patron as the original release end of September. So I think there will be a half year break between Shadespires. Due to the books and all I think the second Warhammer Underworlds expansion will be in Shadespire too. Otherwise it wouldn't make a ton of sence to create this much narrative for it. I think Shadespire will play a minor role in narrative development for Malign Portents too. 

14 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I think it’s a real possibility that a new aelven faction comes in towards the later stages of the nagash narrative, and are crucial in nagash not succeeding. This would then flow nicely into slannesh reappaearing early 2019. 

That's my thake on it too. The battle between Slaanesh trying to escape and Elven preventing this from happening would be a very cool event. I think it will be here when we see High Elves getting their updates. Assumming no machines will break down for production ;) 

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I don't know if it was true or not, but I seem to remember reading some where that the Fyreslayers were originally slated to be released during the End Times.

I actually really like that you can see the lineage of the Kharadron Overlords in the later designs like the Irondrakes and gyro(bomber|copter).

Well I think it's much more important to understand that sculpts are many and really Games Workshop should at this point have hundreds of them ready to use for both 40K and Age of Sigmar. The reason why not everything will see print is as simple as any other creative process. Sometimes (for whatever reason) things do not get used. 

What we do know is that Bloodbound as a line was produced in 2014, before Age of Sigmar. I personally believe that Khorgos Khul was likely to be intended as a returned Arbaal the Undefeated and the whole other designs initially must have been developed with WFB in mind at the start. As there really is no other way to design that much that quickly. In that same vein we also have confirmation that Shadespire Warbands where actually picked from designs not used for the specific unit and that initially they where designed as a character unit upgrade instead (which quite frankly I hoped they would do for AoS still but didn't). 

Due to the Fyreslayers production time and Kharadron Overlords (and even initial Stormcast) I think that quite a lot of what we've seen in 2016-2017 was indeed designed with new WFB in mind at the start. It's not even impossible that the logo of AoS changed due to every upcomming design was designed with AoS in mind. In quite some ways we see this too with the ultra dynamic Nurgle Heralds and GUO that would have been impossible to fit on any logical WFB base.

• Like 2