FEC - The Feast Day instead of Gristlegore for raw power?

Mutter

5 hours ago, XReN said:

additional wound rolls on a hit roll of 6 

Especially with the reroll to hit from the maw and the extra attacks from the regent spell they can really add up...

17 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

Gristlegore seems to just be all in Aggro

That’s totally true, since you only have four models to take objectives and they don’t really fit around the classic 1“ marker 😂👍

1 minute ago, Mutter said:

Well, Gristlegore is not automatically Royal Menagerie, as a lot of the lists in the FEC main and FEC lists threads show. ;)

Please do note the : 😂👍

but as BCR have shown since the dawn of AoS, the more big dudes, the more aggressive you have to play, to deny the objective grind...

55 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Well, Gristlegore is not automatically Royal Menagerie, as a lot of the lists in the FEC main and FEC lists threads show. ;)

Please do note the : 😂👍

but as BCR have shown since the dawn of AoS, the more big dudes, the more aggressive you have to play, to deny the objective grind...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy! I am joining a campaign this week; it requires 750 points and a house rule that require1 battleline only (also limited 1 Behemoth). Below is my current list:

1 x Archregent - BloodFeast 
1 x GK on Terrorgheist - General, Savage Strike, Gruesome Bite
(The Feast day, Ghurish Mawshard)
Battleline:
10 x Ghouls
Summon pool:
20 x Ghouls
3 x Horror and 3 x Flayer

I am not sure if it is OK if I don't bring/summon a courtier?

4 hours ago, Slaanesh_in_Sewer said:

I am not sure if it is OK if I don't bring/summon a courtier?

You have 50 points left over, so you could bring the Chalice - that way, you should be okay without the Courtier. Plus, your GKoTG is going to do most of the heavy lifting (other players will hate you, though), so a Courtier isn't that desparately needed in the list anyway.

5 hours ago, Slaanesh_in_Sewer said:

I am not sure if it is OK

To make new friends...

court: gristlegore

(Tg and Zd are battleline and do not count against behemoth limits as said by the designers in the current faq)

Gkotg

Tg

Chalice of Ushuran

double tag team, always strikes first...

destroy your enemy, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women

Back to your question, if you summon with your gkotg and want to back that up with a courtier to make them more resilient, while rampaging through the artillery line, because you need the chalice next to your king who is stuck in a massacre... that’s why the flexibility of FEC is a nice thing. When you think 2x3 horrors will bring more destruction...nice, and if you need 20 ghouls to bog down on the objective, that’s cool too. There might not be an always right decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys... let's see if you can give me some light!

First time playing FEC, got hyped but the new rules, models and the amazing lore!

My local meta is SEMI-COMPETITIVE, so is very rare those ultra competitive list.

I, myself, am a competitive 40K player - but never tried to go this rout with AoS! Bought a few Slaves and only got stomped, but I was happy cuz wasn't playing to win!

But all things must change some day... so I want to make a good FEC list now!

We usually play at 1250pts range! (Sometimes 1000pts others 1500pts)

For 1250pts, what are your thoughts about those questions?

01) Is Gristlegore to much? (1 Archregent + 1 GKoT + 2 TG)

02) Even playing Gristlegore, should I add more models for board control? (1 Arcregent + 1 GKoT + 1 TG + 20 Ghouls)

03) Is much better playing vanilla for the Feast Day? (1 Arcregent + 1GKoT + 1TG + 10 Ghouls + 10 Ghouls)

04) Is Varghul a must have, first summon, courtier?

05) Should I aim to always summon Flayers? Or depend on the situation I should go for Horros? (Having a hard time define which scenario are best for those 2 units).

06) For this low points game, should I try to add GKoZD with GKoT or just GKoT (Believe the majority of players prefer GKoT).

07) I see a lot of commentaries about CP pool and number of Drops! For 1250pts, what is the ideal number?

08) Is Charnel Throne must have? I don't like to be that immobility, I think it weird to plant 1 regent there! The Vannila FEC resolve this problem (Playing Majestic Horror and Feast Day)

Two lists are in my mind and cannot decide which one will be better:
A) Gristlegore // 1 GKoT + 1 Arcregent + 1 TG + 20 Ghouls // 1100pts (3CP / 4 Drops)
B) 1 GKoT (Feast Day - Etheral Amulet) + 1 Arcregent (Majestic Horror) + 1 TG + 10 Ghouls + 10 Ghouls // 1100pts (3CP / 5 Drops)

I know it is a bunch of questions - any tips and answer you guys can give me - I will be really grateful!

Recently played the feast day flayers vs Khorne and we dined like kings...

5 hours ago, Masake said:

01) Is Gristlegore to much?

No... depends, but it’s tough

2) Even playing Gristlegore, should I add more models for board control?

Gristlegore imo is all about rushing up and tearing things apart. No puny ghouls, maybe hold back your summoning a bit. You don’t have the courtiers to engage in a grind

3 Is much better playing vanilla for the Feast Day?

Depends on the opponent and scenario, I think. Min squads ghouls just feel kinda wrong

04) Is Varghul a must have, first summon, courtier?

Most points, most value, most versatile, good damage and fast flyer with 8hp...

05) Should I aim to always summon Flayers?

The scream got kinda tricky and mortal wounds are great, horrors are crazy when next to a king against low save... so really depends. Against nurgle, horrors rule

06) For this low points game, should I try to add GKoZD with GKoT or just GKoT

With the mounttrait and feeding frenzy, the gkotg destroys the world... gkozd still can summon a courtier and has a great spell

07) I see a lot of commentaries about CP pool and number of Drops!

Total bs. yes, triggering FF is great, summoning too, but wouldn’t scratch units for that...  drop count optimization is only for try-hards, if a battalion fits great, if not tough luck. Min units tend to get wrecked thou 

08) Is Charnel Throne must have?

That’s how they make money, no costs and benefits... 💸 very good for your Regent to summon. Afterwards he can start running around.

Two lists are in my mind

Both look ok, play and see what happens. I think 3CP is a bit much, especially the feast day list, but give it a try...

those are my very unhelpful answers 😂👍

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Recently played the feast day flayers vs Khorne and we dined like kings...

No... depends, but it’s tough

Gristlegore imo is all about rushing up and tearing things apart. No puny ghouls, maybe hold back your summoning a bit. You don’t have the courtiers to engage in a grind

Depends on the opponent and scenario, I think. Min squads ghouls just feel kinda wrong

Most points, most value, most versatile, good damage and fast flyer with 8hp...

The scream got kinda tricky and mortal wounds are great, horrors are crazy when next to a king against low save... so really depends. Against nurgle, horrors rule

With the mounttrait and feeding frenzy, the gkotg destroys the world... gkozd still can summon a courtier and has a great spell

Total bs. yes, triggering FF is great, summoning too, but wouldn’t scratch units for that...  drop count optimization is only for try-hards, if a battalion fits great, if not tough luck. Min units tend to get wrecked thou 

That’s how they make money, no costs and benefits... 💸 very good for your Regent to summon. Afterwards he can start running around.

Both look ok, play and see what happens. I think 3CP is a bit much, especially the feast day list, but give it a try...

those are my very unhelpful answers 😂👍

Man...thank you very much for taking your time to answer all my questions.

I was more likely to go feast day..  going to take your advice in consideration, going to add a Chalice (3CP was indeed to much), will add Charnel and change the trait to be the +1 cast and deny!

Going to bring Varghulf and I will magnetize my Knights so I can use both Horror and Flyer depending on the situation (agaisnt low save horror / need mov flayer)

In a friendly casual gaming group feeding frenzy spam might be considered bad style 😅 restrain yourself from using it more than thrice a melee 😁

the chalice is great for healing your big beauties and that one also triggers on your opponents turn... pretty nice if positioned right

good luck with magnetization, ruined six flayers in an unsuccessful attempt 😓 but there are highly trained professionals out there

21 hours ago, Honk said:

In a friendly casual gaming group feeding frenzy spam might be considered bad style 😅 restrain yourself from using it more than thrice a melee 😁

the chalice is great for healing your big beauties and that one also triggers on your opponents turn... pretty nice if positioned right

good luck with magnetization, ruined six flayers in an unsuccessful attempt 😓 but there are highly trained professionals out there

Personally, i honestly dont see ANY issue with spamming feeding frenzy from an ethical standpoint. Its ingrained into the fec design. To me its like getting +1a from a blood secrator. Its just business as usual.

19 hours ago, soots said:

Its just business as usual.

It’s a feast like in the old days... and the bones are tossed at the dogs 

The rules are good and everybody has to get used to the new cheese we bring to their wine. It a friendly environment I guess the new rules might be better introduced slowly and in a nice way, else everybody cries op, while 6kurnoth hunter are sniping away from the woods

Archived