Braggoth's Beast Hammer Best possible 2k list

Dongilles

Hey all,

Last tournament I went to the people there laughed a bit at my Ogors/Beastclaw Raiders beause its not often seen in the tournament scene in the Netherlands. Eventhough they did fairly well in the team tournament and people where surprised with the capabilities for the next tournament I want to show that Beastclaw raiders can be a force to be reckoned with.

I know this will be difficult but the tournament scene in the Netherlands is not the most compatitative.  

As a list I was thinking about Braggoth's Beast Hammer because this battalion shows of what Beastclaw raiders can do, is very thematic and is fun. So I want to make the best list possible. 

Can you help me tweak the list?

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS

Frostlord on Stonehorn (420) - General - Command Trait : Wild Fury - Artefact : Ethereal Amulet

Huskard on Thundertusk (360) - Chaintrap - Artefact : The Pelt of Charngar

Butcher (140) - Pair of Stump Blades and Great Cauldron - Allies

UNITS

4 x Mournfang Pack (320) - Gargant Hackers

2 x Mournfang Pack (160) - Gargant Hackers

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140) - Pig-iron Choppas

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140) - Pig-iron Choppas

BATTALIONS

Braggoth's Beast Hammer (230)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

With the Cogs this is a very fast army with a potential 1 turn charge. That is why I added the Cogs and Butcher. The Butcher can also give an extra +1 to hit to the Mournfang which makes them extremely good.

The huskard can heal others and because I think he will be a target for the opponent he has some extra heals.

And the Forstlord, well the potential 2 extra attacks of his spear, non rendable and flying is also a very good combo.

Unfortunately you don’t have enough battleline as the gore gruntas don’t count . The list I’ve used with the beast hammer is similar but instead of the huskard I took a hunter as the general and a unit of frost sabres to get the battle line minimum. The beast hammer is great fun though!

edit I also took 2 units of 4 Mournfang just because the hit well and stay around for a while

Edited by Dave

Braggoth can be interesting, but your list? First of all it’s illegal, you miss a battleline option, because gore-grunta’s are no battleline. Also on your general you always need Everwinter’s Master, is a must take. For a huskard always take the vulture, it’s more consistent damage, always. Mournfang suck, Mournfang in 2’s suck more, even under braggoths. Good artefact on the stonehorn.

To fix the list, you gotta take the huskard tusk out. Add a hunter and make it your general, i know it sucks but with the wraithbow artefact he can at least do something. Give him everwinters master. Take 2 frost sabres as battleline, make both your mournfang 4 models per unit. And there you go. I do remind you, if you deepstrike the hunter you can’t do everwinter turn 1, so just run him up. Try to go second, and aim for movement +3 on your everwinter. Activate cogs, and hope for your alpha strike + double turn.

+++MOD EDIT+++ Tidied up a little bit of negativity that had crept in

Edited by RuneBrush
Mod Edit

6 hours ago, That Guy said:

Try to go second, and aim for movement +3 on your everwinter. Activate cogs, and hope for your alpha strike + double turn.

Not like you can control/predict the dice roll.  This Everwinters' Blessing is just too random to be useful, take it as a bonus if anyone wish to go Beastclaw.

But to plan your entire game plan around it? No, sounds like a bad idea.

Can if you are a causal player and would like an army that looks good and cool.
However lets just wait for the Beastclaw Raider & Ironjawz Battletomes this year before your 

Braggoth makes both Gruntas and Mournfang much better, however the current meta is evolving into something quite different. Any army with -1/-2 to hit will just cripple your army. Read many reports that says the Gruntas out-performed the Mournfang.

Edited by gnaleinad

2 hours ago, gnaleinad said:

Braggoth makes both Gruntas and Mournfang much better, however the current meta is evolving into something quite different. Any army with -1/-2 to hit will just cripple your army. Read many reports that says the Gruntas out-performed the Mournfang.

That's true for BCR in general, but applies to this build with its inbuilt +1s to hit, and units that natively hit on 3+, least of any BCR combat army.

9 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I wonder if you could apply the Doppelganger Cloak to a Hero?

Just to maximise that one glorious turn of ass-kicking, if you can tag a couple of units, and attack first with most of your army.  That would also soften the blow of splitting up your Mournfang into 2s if that's what you end up having to do.

From what realm is the cloak cant seem to find it?

4 hours ago, Dongilles said:

From what realm is the cloak cant seem to find it?

Doppelganger Cloak - melee weapons cannot target bearer, if it didn't attack earlier that phase. 

If you were wondering.

13 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I wonder if you could apply the Doppelganger Cloak to a Hero?

I think this one might have great potential on the Frostlord on Stonehorn actually. Anyone tried this? Other than Ethereal Amulet and Thermalrider cloak?

13 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

That would also soften the blow 

In general I would say by taking this on Frostlord on Stonehorn, you can give activation priority to your other units and keep the lord for last. It could... greatly improve the cripple factor of the beastclaw this way. I really like you brought up the doppelganger. I think it would be at it’s most effective, by running it with a full behemoth list, or bigger model amount units, to get the least amount of activations, and cripple the most. Perhaps this will even give the Huskard on Stonehorn a spot, with it’s linebreaker ability, to combo with a doppelganger Frostlord on Stonehorn. Say for example you run a 4 x Mournfang pack or even 6. You can now charge all 3. Do your mortals from the impact. Attack with the Huskard on stonehorn, than immidiately after with the mournfang pack. Than back and forth till your frostlord is the last activation. This way you litterally secure 3 units to swing at full power. 

Edited by That Guy

2 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Only thing then left then are the artifacts.

Sadly the Doppelganger cloak won’t cut it anymore, since the Malign Sorceries FAQ. It’s now a once per battle artefact and therefore not worth anymore. I would take the Ethereal Amulet on the frostlord. As for the icebrow hunter, in all honesty the model is not that good, but with the wraithbow artefact at least you can Run and throw the spear at 18” and add the Wraithbow to since it’s also 18” Range. This gives you one Throw of 4+ 3+ -1 with D6 damage and 6 throws where each 6+ does a mortal. It’s a longshot, but could potentially assassinate a backline character. Also it allows your hunter to run constantly. At least allowing him to keep up somewhat with the rest of your forces. Now... I would change your 4 x Frost Sabres to 2x Frost Sabres. The extra 2 cats won’t help too much even under influence of the hunter, but by going 2 cats less your list will be 1950, giving you an extra command point to use and fish for a Triumph roll.

C7B2DC64-1F10-41EB-8DE1-F39CE2D597BF.jpeg

Edited by That Guy

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, Dongilles said:

venthough they did fairly well in the team tournament and people where surprised with the capabilities for the next tournament I want to show that Beastclaw raiders can be a force to be reckoned with.

What tournament are you thinking of attending? 

Also the mixed list is very cool. But if the butcher is only there for the cigs. Why not ally in the fungoid can shaman? 

Potential extra CP for charge re-rolling in that first turn. Also drop two cats and you free up 100 pts for an extra spell, or add 2 more cats. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, DestructionFranz said:

Gargant hackers are the best choice. 

Iron Fist doesn't work if and enemy unit has rend... 

Iron fists do wotk with rend.

For example, -1 rend. the save roll of 5 becomes a 6 which is succesfull .

atleast this is how I read it. otherwice it would be an unmodified save roll of 6.

as HostilSpike stated below.

Does not work

Edited by Dongilles

9 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Iron fists do wotk with rend.

For example, -1 rend. the save roll of 5 becomes a 6 which is succesfull .

atleast this is how I read it. otherwice it would be an unmodified save roll of 6.

That's the opposite of how it works, when you roll a 6 to save vs -1 rend you get a modified result of 5, 5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3 etc... To get a modified 6 vs -1 rend you would need to roll 7.