AoSRPG Cover Reveal on Warhammer TV This Thursday

Emmetation

Hi all,

Exciting news! The cover for the Age of Sigmar RPG will be revealed live on Warhammer TV on Twitch this Thursday the 21st at 4pm GMT.

Following the reveal we'll be sharing some more details about the Age of Sigmar RPG on our website and social media channels, so keep your eyes peeled! After the reveal and the news, feel free to send any questions my way.

I'm really excited to finally be able to share this with everyone! Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.
All the best
- Emmet

nice, looking forward to it!

out of interest what's C7's policy towards people publishing their own adventures for, say, WFRP or this when it's out? 

And I guess I specifically mean actual physical products, not talking glossy, big production things but more like fanzines that might go for a few quid to pay for artwork and any print costs.

I know with D&D you have the OGL and Dungeon Masters Guild as guidelines of what you can do with the rules and, I guess, more importantly the characters/setting.

Super excited for this! Big P&P and AoS fan, so it's a perfect venn diagram of my interests :D 

I've not gotten a chance to play Wrath and Glory yet, but the system looks great and if it's a similar one for AoS I'm more than happy to play it! Just gotta find some friends...

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Super excited for this! Big P&P and AoS fan, so it's a perfect venn diagram of my interests :D 

I've not gotten a chance to play Wrath and Glory yet, but the system looks great and if it's a similar one for AoS I'm more than happy to play it! Just gotta find some friends...

Wrath and Glory is really fun to play, we played it for our 1st anniversary show on our podcast last weekend if you want to hear what it's like 😁(https://www.realmandruin.com/1st-anniversary)

If the AoS RPG is as fun and a solid system like W&G, good times ahead! 

1 minute ago, Austin said:

Cannot wait for this. 

@Requizen @NinjaBadger7

This is going to be the same system as Cubicle 7’s Warhammer Fantasy system as far as I know. It isn’t the same at all as W&G. 

Yeah I thought it would follow the same route as their Warhammer Fantasy game (which I'm yet to play), I'm just hoping it is as fun as Wrath & Glory 😁

The cover looks absolutely fantastic! Really impressed.

Confirmed on the stream that basically you can play heroes from all the major Order armies. That at least includes:

Stormcast Knight-Questor

War Priest

Idoneth Deepkin Tidecaller

Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter (!!!!)

Kharadron Overlord

Daughter Of Khaine

Fyeslayer

Seraphon (!)

20 minutes ago, JPjr said:

'HeLLo INNkeeP, DO nOT MiND me. I aM AN OrdiNARY HOOman. Do YoU HaVE anY LiVE MIcE foR mY VERy HOOman DInneR?' 

😑

I feel like between the 10 foot tall lightning warriors, deep sea soul vampires, lumbering tree-men, and half-naked blood cultists, the old 'you meet in an inn' trope maybe isn't appropriate here :P 

2 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I feel like between the 10 foot tall lightning warriors, deep sea soul vampires, lumbering tree-men, and half-naked blood cultists, the old 'you meet in an inn' trope maybe isn't appropriate here :P 

Yeah, every time they reveal something new I'm having to majorly shift down my expectations that I'll get the game I want, feels like this will be a lot more action orientated than I'd personally like...

But hey no grumbles as it's often what you don't know you want that you end up enjoying the most.

So looking forward to it anyway and I do have WFRP 4th to write the kind of intrigue filled adventures for that I really love

11 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Yeah, every time they reveal something new I'm having to majorly shift down my expectations that I'll get the game I want, feels like this will be a lot more action orientated than I'd personally like...

But hey no grumbles as it's often what you don't know you want that you end up enjoying the most.

So looking forward to it anyway and I do have WFRP 4th to write the kind of intrigue filled adventures for that I really love

I think they're pretty upfront at this point about what the game is. Big, heroic fantasy, standing against the darkness, that sort of thing. Definitely not the Callis & Toll RPG. But I think given the posterboys of the setting are golden demi-gods, this is absolutely the right direction for the official RPG, at least for its first few books (I could see a 'street level' supplement down the line, perhaps)

Yeah, under no illusions here. As I say still looking forward to it, been really digging into the 4th ed. WFRP book at the moment so that should sate my thirst for that kind of game.

I can always create my own Rat Catcher (with small but vicious dog gryph-hound) 'archetype' should I feel the need.

I like murder hoboing adventuring, kinda balk at intrigue and puzzles for the most part, so I'm fine with a more action-centric experience! 😄

The system does sound to be similar to W&G and I'm also reminded of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game, which had a trio of stats, then a bunch of skills and used dicepools for rolls though has a very different system to W&G (MHR had pick two dice results as your total against the target then pick a third die whose size would be the effect, as it used dicepools of different sized dice to roll than 'numbered stats').

I'm actually reminded also of Tri-Stat d6, which also used Body, Mind and Soul as stats then you also had skills. Though that didn't use a dicepool mechanic.

Shadowrun also uses a d6 dicepool mechanic, though rolled in large numbers usually.

4 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

The cover looks absolutely fantastic! Really impressed.

Confirmed on the stream that basically you can play heroes from all the major Order armies. That at least includes:

Stormcast Knight-Questor

War Priest

Idoneth Deepkin Tidecaller

Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter (!!!!)

Kharadron Overlord

Daughter Of Khaine

Fyeslayer

Seraphon (!)

The War Priest featured on the cover art is the Silver Tower War Priest that got discontinued...

34 minutes ago, Forrix said:

The War Priest featured on the cover art is the Silver Tower War Priest that got discontinued...

Yep - given the prominence of the Knight-Questor too, I imagine this may have started life back when Silver Tower was still a thing, or at least it's been inspired by it. Makes total sense to link the two really, Silver Tower is a bit of a gateway drug to full RPGs anyway. 

Archived