Meme Thread

Klamm

Tentative question: why are there no good hubs for AoS posting? There's stuff like Grimdank or FB pages for 40k, but nothing really for AoS specific. Is there room for a meme thread on TGA?

I know that a lot of people hear that and think toxicity.

Yeah, there are plenty of fan communities online which are just the worst. But I'd argue that this isn't CAUSED by jokes, but that regressive ideologies expressed through jokes are more eye-catching to normies. 

I was checking the forum ToS, and this jumped out: "Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums". And that's common sense, something I agree with. I DO NOT want TGA becoming 4chan (not that there's a danger of that, considering the more hands-on approach to moderation the site operates under).  I follow comedic groups for other fandoms on FB (Star Trek, for example) and they aren't toxic communities. Speaking for myself, not everyone has friends who share an interest in AoS, so having an AoS meme posting outlet would be attractive. 

We've now got a thread for the Legends of the Painty Men podcast, which is (in a good way) the wargaming equivalent of the town podcast. I like the show, many seem to, would it be a disaster to have some more of that sort of tone sequestered in its own thread? The forum proles should benefit from the same freedom to meme. Seize the memes of production from the podcasting Bourgeoisie. Posters of the realms unite, you have nothing to lose but 'best painted'!

I suspect the mod answer will be 'no', which is why I haven't started posting JPEGs, but thought I'd check. 

Maybe a meta-meme thread is worse...

Archived