Need help for optimized 1k Legion of Blood list.

Cayseymax

Hi guys.

In a 6 weeks I'm entering a local tournament in a club not too far from me...

Its a 1k tournament, and I'm going to run Legion of Blood, but I need some help. My thoughts so far are:

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference

Battleline
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 76

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

EDIT: I changed the Morghast's Weapon to Halberts

Sure about those morghast? They do not really perform in a legion of blood.

maybe a necromancer to boost the gheists, more wolves to secure the flanks and with 50 points maybe endless spells or use the CP for interesting summoning tricks?

No I'm not sure about them, but I just think they are cool. I agree that they are probably my weakest link, but it seems as if they can do quite a bit of damage and surprise my opponent with some long charges....

But, no I'm not sure, that why I started this thread 😊

21 minutes ago, Honk said:

Sure about those morghast? They do not really perform in a legion of blood.

maybe a necromancer to boost the gheists, more wolves to secure the flanks and with 50 points maybe endless spells or use the CP for interesting summoning tricks?

Would you run the 10 wolves in 1x10 or 2x5

16 hours ago, Cayseymax said:

Would you run the 10 wolves in 1x10 or 2x5

Yes... o.O

totally depends on scenario or opponent.

10 wolves are a real pain and can even nibble a bit, while 5 can spread over the table and secure objectives...

looking at your pretty low unit count, having 2 packs might be a good idea, flanking your vampire or fast scouting objectives

I'd try to get more heroes into it. As it stands you have only a single hero, which means if you are playing a scenario that requires heroes take objectives. You pretty much insta-lose. Also, the VLOZD often won't be in a good position to bring those Chainrasp Hordes back to life since he will be in the thickest of combat most of the game. Personally, I'd dump those Morghasts to bring in either a Vamp with Wings or a Necromancer then use the remaining points on more dogs.

Side note, in my opinion, Ethereal Amulet is superior to Gryph Feather Charm on a 3+ save but lately, I've actually been running Ignax Scales as my main defensive item because I find my big heroes tend to usually take more pain from MWs than anything else which neither the Charm or the Amulet protect against. 

Archived