New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

So double battalions is tricky. If I was headed down that route I would prob combine up the horrors and take royal family as the 2nd. 

That way you get an additional extra attack spell, and the 2 GKs on foot can dump 2x10 ghouls on to the field to be chaff or grab objectives.

-1AA -200

- battalion -110

- 1 unit of horrors -160

+ 2 AGK +280

+ 1 Royal family +120

Net is 70 points to play with, just some thoughts

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

So double battalions is tricky. If I was headed down that route I would prob combine up the horrors and take royal family as the 2nd. 

That way you get an additional extra attack spell, and the 2 GKs on foot can dump 2x10 ghouls on to the field to be chaff or grab objectives.

-1AA -200

- battalion -110

- 1 unit of horrors -160

+ 2 AGK +280

+ 1 Royal family +120

Net is 70 points to play with, just some thoughts

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King  (140)

- Artefact the Grim Garland
- Lore of Madness Blood Feast

Abhorrant Ghoul King  (140)

- Artefact Corpsefane Gauntlet
- Lore of Madness: Bonestorm

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Artefact The Flayed Pennant

Battlelines

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Ghouls x10 (100)

Behemoths

Terrorgaist (300)

Battalions

Attendants of at Court (110)

Royal Family (120)

Endless Spells

Balewind Vortex (40)

Calice (40)

1950/2000 (free points are going in extra CPS ) WOUNDS 98  TOTAL CPS (without first turn) 3  TOTAL DROPS 4 

As you  @Gdead909  suggested the 2 GKs on foot can dump 2x10 ghouls on to the field to be chaff or grab objectives. Meanwhile AA will summon a Vareghulf. Then the Gk with the leadership   debuff and blood feast will hug close the Terrorgheist and healing him while the other GK will try to work in tandem  with the Vareghulf.

How does it looks now?

I'm planning for an upcoming semi-casual one day tournament and I've been thinking about running something that's a bit of a curveball. No dragons. I think this could work since it's fast enough and full of flyers that I can basically pick my targets. Board control is an issue so the barricade will hopefully help with that.

Each Archregent will summon a Varghulf for more high speed killing and some resilience for the Flayers:

Allegiance: Flesh-Eater Courts: Blisterskin

Abhorrant Archregent: Eye of Hysh, General, Hellish Orator
Abhorrant Archregent
Crypt Infernal Courtier: The Flayed Pennant

Battalion: Deadwatch
Crypt Infernal Courtier
6 Crypt Flayers
6 Crypt Flayers
6 Crypt Flayers

Charnel Throne

Endless Spell: Cadaverous Barricade
Endless Spell: Corpsemare Stampede

3 Command Points

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

LoL glad I found this post; I didn't want to add to the FEC mega-thread anything unnecessary. There is a tournament coming up in July and this is the list I'm thinking about running. Let me know what you guys and ghouls (yeah, I'm still usin' that...big deal, wanna fight about it?) think if you don't mind. If it turns out too weak then I'll probably try and run the nastiest Gristlegore list I can make. Thanks in advance 😃

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

The bonus from “Crusading Army” is that everything in the list adds +1 to movement and +1 to charge rolls. When the Cogs are up and running that will give everything in the army +3 movement and +3 to charge rolls! This list is built to be stupid fast. The idea is to capture objectives super-fast and/or engage my opponent and summon up troops behind them.

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Artefact: Magmaforged Blade 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

So this guy’s trait allows him to summon a unit of 3 Knights (Crypt Horrors or Crypt Flayers) for free each turn, which is pretty slick. His signature spell, if you will, allows me to pick a unit and give them a 5+ ward save for a turn. The TG trait allows me to re-roll missed attacks with its gaping maw.

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed

This guy can spend a CP and summon a Courtier (Infernal, Haunter, Ghast or Varghulf) which more often than not will be a Varghulf. The bonuses that the Varghulf gives will come into play quite a bit. Now, this guy’s signature spell allows all friendly FEC units wholly within 16” to re-roll failed wound rolls. Pretty freaking nice eh?!

- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast or Spectral Host (haven't decided which would be best)

Ahhh the Archregent, this guy is almost too awesome for words. His signature spell allows me to pick a friendly FEC unit and add D3 attacks to ALL of its melee attacks. Plus, he has to choice to spend a CP and summon either 1 Courtier (Haunter, Infernal, Ghast or Varghulf), 3 Knights (Horrors or Flayers), or 20 Serfs (Crypt Ghouls). Most likely he will be summoning Crypt Horrors along with the GKoTG. So that will give a total of 6 Crypt Horrors and a Varghulf to boost them up.

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Uhhh, this guy is just here for the battalion...

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Behemoths
Royal Zombie Dragon (300)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Charnel Throne 

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

@Glamdring No, Majestic Horror does not allow him to summon for free every turn.. it means he can use the single time allowed without spending a CP. That would be a little broken, don't you think?

Other than that I suppose it's relatively standard although you don't see crusading army used that much anymore. Usually with this kind of setup you see Gristlegore or Feast Day, but CA can work. I would drop the regular Terrorgheist and spend those 300 points on more Ghouls because this game is won on objectives and having at least 1 unit of 30-40 gives you something solid to sit somewhere when supported by the Ghast + Chalice. I would 110% give Spectral Host to the AAR as the TG\ZD will likely be casting their own spells most of the time and allowing one of them to Run + Charge is great.

You may also want to at least try to start with another CP by being 50 under as you will be spending a lot of CP without Feast Day. Your ZD and TG will be spending a CP for their summons (assuming you don't keep MH on the TG) and everything else may be subject to getting Feeding Frenzied when you need it.. but you can't do that without CP. 

Edited by Gwendar

13 hours ago, Glamdring said:

LoL glad I found this post; I didn't want to add to the FEC mega-thread anything unnecessary. There is a tournament coming up in July and this is the list I'm thinking about running. Let me know what you guys and ghouls (yeah, I'm still usin' that...big deal, wanna fight about it?) think if you don't mind. If it turns out too weak then I'll probably try and run the nastiest Gristlegore list I can make. Thanks in advance 😃

The winning LVO list doing min-units/max-monsters relied on Terrorgiests spewing ranged alpha-mortals.  It would have crumbled to a horde list.  This list gives great maneuvering & magic flexibly.  I want to second the concerns over sustainability.  The chalice might help if you go slaughter an enemy horde unit but it works best when when everyone has many models near it.  In a 2k game even 20 summoned ghouls can’t be assured survivability, not like in 1k or even 1.5k games.  Someone with a decent TAC list and skills will beat you on the objective game.

Boosting speed and charges sounds like a winning combo for a very ghoul heavy army.  It would take Flayers from being a knight chess piece to a rook or bishop.

I really do like your top three leaders.  My lists unfortunately don’t get to go that way because of army architecture.  The function of the army’s “needs” determine units included.  Someday I’ll burn an excessive amount of time starting with those three models and building the army around that.

Do you have a model list and style(s) of play you enjoy?  How competitive is the goal?

For sure about the Chalice, that why I plan on summoning Serfs around it. I've been talking to a few of my buddies that have been playing for a while and this is the new list I came up with based on their suggestions. LoL it's juuuust a bit different than the above list...

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud

Battleline
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Honk said:

You’ll make a bunch of new friends with that list. Tricky to score objectives, but pretty straightforward 😈👍

What I type up in a convoluted paragraph Honk nails with two sentences.

Adding my two cents here.  Glamdring be weary of how CoGs is used.  Slow tanking for your General is great.  Speed would probably help your opponent since practically all competitive lists (outside eel force) will have slower movement values on their more point-efficient dice units.  Last thing you need is your big baddies getting overwhelmed or worse the objective game going sideways.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honk said:

You’ll make a bunch of new friends with that list. Tricky to score objectives, but pretty straightforward 😈👍

LoL I can dig it, though coming back from Warmachine (after playing in Warhammer tournaments for 15+ years) it's hard to shake the "winning is fun" mentality.  Not to say anything bad about that community of players mind you, because they are mostly awesome people; the list building there is different. In Warmachine you are encouraged to take the hardest and meanest list that you can since it's what everyone else is doing. Plus, there are FEC lists out there that are far worse than mine =P

Honestly, I'd love to be able to take a softer/fluffier list; seeing what's doing well at tournaments dissuades me from that though. I don't think my all GK on foot list would do too well against 40 Eels...

If you don't mind, what does your list for FEC look like? Or, if you're not currently playing FEC, what would you run if you were? You're very active on the forums (which is great since you provide constructive criticism) so I'd be curious to see how you would optimize a list.

2 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

What I type up in a convoluted paragraph Honk nails with two sentences.

Adding my two cents here.  Glamdring be weary of how CoGs is used.  Slow tanking for your General is great.  Speed would probably help your opponent since practically all competitive lists (outside eel force) will have slower movement values on their more point-efficient dice units.  Last thing you need is your big baddies getting overwhelmed or worse the objective game going sideways.

Thanks for the word of caution; that's what I've been wrestling with! How do I best use these spells without it working out better for my opponent?! LoL I guess that's something practice will have to teach me. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glamdring said:

Thanks for the word of caution; that's what I've been wrestling with! How do I best use these spells without it working out better for my opponent?! LoL I guess that's something practice will have to teach me. 😃

In all of my various Death armies I haven’t had Cogs stolen from my control.  But it is always a possibility that a savvy enemy may try for.  Mainly you just drop it a bit behind your caster (or don’t if there is a flying enemy wizard nearby).  Most of the time I’ll have massed battle-lines near or decent elites in such a way it isn’t a concern.  In theory it would be pretty cool if an enemy wizard was baited to steal control of Cogs only to find, “It’s a TRAP!”  

A nightmare scenario would be Big-V of the sea-weed smoking elves jumping the lines, killing the General, and taking control of Cogs.  Which he can do.  That guy is where Nagash was years ago before the point hikes.

Oddly enough your list has a chance against eel-force.  Ranged mortal wounds is like their kryptonite.  They enjoy controlling charges and your army is just as mobile before wounds set in.  It would all come down to who hits first and how well they roll.  Don’t expect 20x summoned ghouls to be much help, in general statistically about 1/8th of the attacks will result in allocated wounds not counting possible ghost ship peeling off another 1/6th of the successes.  

*shakes a fist* EEL-FORCE!

Spells

Blood Feast: On a AAR with the Dermal Robe.  Do it or you will forever roll “6’s” on the cast to prove my point.  It has failed me so many times.

Cogs: Only use it to improve your saves. Guard it.  Using it on speed and a enemy double turn could ruin your day fast.  Only improve charges after excruciating concoderation.

Chalice: Depending on your opponent they may be willing to burn their spells to remove it.  Not the most ideal but then again if they are playing an elite force the highest value would be near units of 20x summoned ghouls.  More models the better.

Shackles: Good for potentially slowing the enemy.  Any mortal wounds on them is a good thing.  The FEC barrier could be more valuable since you really want to control who gets to be in combat.

Miasmal Shroud: Generally use on the enemy with the highest volume of dice unless you really need to crack a hard target.

Spectral Host: Self explanatory.  Just don’t get cocky and throw away a unit by sending them willy-nilly alone into the enemy just because you can cast this.  People throw away units on the craziest of things, even Old-Hammer players.

8 hours ago, Glamdring said:

If you don't mind, what does your list for FEC look like? 

Last time I played it was a Flayer Feast Day: Infernal (general; cruel taskmaster), GkoTg, AAR, Varghulf; 2x6 Flayer, 40 ghouls; Chalice and palisade... against Khorne. 

Sadly I don’t have enough beasties to field your list, I certainly would. But there are troubles with that list, like objective scoring and on its own, a poor line Tg is just dead meat pretty fast.

When I started AoS after years of hiatus, I befriended a pretty hardcore Ironjawz player, who crushed my poor undead many times and „forced“ me to start bringing the cheese and play smart or get wiped.

Downside to this is a pretty weak meta around here or maybe kinda sore losers. Suddenly nobody really wants to play with you anymore, because „your list is imba and no fun to play against...“ (my total regeneration skelli-zombie list was met with consternation)

But I love to try out all the new shenanigans, horror march is on my to do list (loved it at 750pts), against my standard enemies (Nurgle (former IJ), Khorne) if I find time inbetween all my other hobbies and armies (LoN, Soulblight, chaosdwarves) 🤪

Edited by Honk

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Shadowcortax said:

What do you think?

The return of invest will fall short...🤣 but after buying 7 Start Collecting Boxes, you’ll be able to play everything else that comes to mind.

You only have one hero, for feast day, ward save and spells, but 3x2 Tgs rampaging across the board might be fun.

winning a scenario 🧐 not likely. Your opponent will have more models and maybe, after a surprise rofl-stomp win, will be prepared. Also depends on the map size and terrain density... 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Honk said:

The return of invest will fall short...🤣 but after buying 7 Start Collecting Boxes, you’ll be able to play everything else that comes to mind.

You only have one hero, for feast day, ward save and spells, but 3x2 Tgs rampaging across the board might be fun.

winning a scenario 🧐 not likely. Your opponent will have more models and maybe, after a surprise rofl-stomp win, will be prepared. Also depends on the map size and terrain density... 

Playing against a Chaos list

Alligience: Hosts of the Everchosen

Leader: Archeaon the Everchosen

Gaunt Summoner

Battleline: 3 x 3 Varanguard

Behemoths: Skullgrinder

Slaughterbrute

Battalions: Overlords of Chaos

Endless Spells: Purple Sun of Shyish

Aethervoid Pendulum 

How do you think I'll fair?

5 hours ago, Shadowcortax said:

Battalions: 2 x Royal Menagrie

Maybe change that to an infernal. the Menagerie is 3+ models and you’ll have more buffing power.

if you can charge your GkoTg with another Tg into something meaty, 4 activation at the beginning, will delete a lot... beware of the decapitation not sure if fate dice are still allowed

3 hours ago, Shadowcortax said:

Overlords of Chaos

5.circle might hurt (rerolling vs monsters) and Archaons Knowledge of the turn order gives him tactics ( of course kinda deductible ).

not sure how that helps with the purple sun, which could also hurt a bunch.  Skullgrinder? Or Soul Grinder ?

whatever

in the end... if your able to double alpha feeding frenzy you‘ll be fine. If he gets you general it‘s gg

• LOVE IT! 1