New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

35 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

I might try flayers tonight. The lack of rerolls always makes me feel like horrors are better though.

Well, in most cases they are indeed better (though someone need to do math again since flayers got better), but such comparissons does not account their speed and some new synergies we got with our spells.
But even with that I'll still use horrors more often oh well

3 hours ago, Bademeister said:

My Deadwatch list would be something like below.

You might want to get Flayed Pennant instead of Garland, because your chances to get 1st turn charge are actually very dicey IMO, and I guess that's the core of your strategy?

I'm really loving how diverse these list archetypes are! I haven't gotten to play with it yet, but I feel like the new tome really makes a bunch of different FEC lists feasible. I'm looking forward to trying a super fast Blisterskin list, but I'd also love to do a Gristlegore monster mash (just need a third monster!). I even see people sticking it out with Ghoul Patrol despite the nerf, and with Horrors despite the lack of change. I really hope things stay this way - I know most of the time when a new tome / codex comes out, just one or two list archetypes emerge pretty quickly as the most / only effective ones, but I'd love it if FEC turned out to be a faction you could successfully build so many different ways!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bademeister said:

My Deadwatch list would be something like below. Deploy your Heroes wholly within 6" of your general for the -1 to Hit on missle weapons and the extra -1 to hit from Look out Sir! Cast your Ferocious Hunger on the unit of 9 Flayers. Cast your Unholy Vitality on the Flayers. Cast your Deranged Transormation on your Unit of 9 Flayers. 12"+2"+4"=18" Movement for a 6" charge. Your GKoTG needs a 8" charge due to his 14"+2" Move. Run with your Courtiers just behind that unit of 9 Flayers for the Deathless Courtier and Feeding Frenzy. Unit of 3 Flayers hold objective. Unit of 6 Flayers try to hold objective and give your courtiers Look out Sir! buff.

Im not sure, if Spectral Host would work better in this list. but it's maybe a better spell for a Hollowmourne List where you got to run and charge with Horros.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterkin

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Endless Spells
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

I'd almost go a 12-3-3 split on the Flayers.  I think once Goblins and Skaven armies hit the table you're going to what to hit hard. 

5 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

hey guys, wrote up my list and a little thingy on it over on Honestwargamer.com

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/gristlegore-monster-mash-new-battletome/

Read what you posted there, I've got some CC for you.
The list looks really good, agree on most of the choices you made there, but  I would toss court artefact on crypt ghast to make him score in scenarios where it is relevant and I also don't see much use for Maelstrom since it will just be there, messing your own spells and getting in the way, I think to round up 20 points Shackles are your best bet. Now about the throne, I don't know how many people realised it already, but you can place it further from your "deployment" zone so you can make a move forward in your first turn and then use summoning  which is possible in quite a few match-ups and would help you a lot by providing bravery swing aura and cover for your regent, oh, and you also said that mounted kings can use summoning for free near the throne which I believe you know that they can't.

About the write-up:
It feels too in-depth for a FEC player and not enough for someone who never seen them and that way it feels inconsistent, like sometimes you mention ability's and spell's ranges, sometimes you don't, you mentioned ghouls rerolling hit rolls but haven't said why and so on. If you intendent to make it a deep explainatory thing you should have wrote more numbers and less praising. If not, than it's fine.

Also there are some things I want to say about ghoul patrol: it's been 180 points and optional reserves since the drop of GHB 2018 and first FAQ in AOS 2, so it wasn't changed on that part with the new tome at all

Since we're talking about Gristlegore, here is my list for 3 tour tournament this weekend, some essential info first though:
All games will be played in the realm of Shyish, realmscape features are in play and will be randomised before every turn, realm spells are in play as well
Battleplans will be:
1) Places of arcane power
2) Shifting objectives
3) Focal points
So in most games I'll be able to push forward without leaving units behind to protect objectives.
And about my collection: I don't yet have archregent or new endless spells, nor ghoul kings on foot. I do have some horrors and flayers and at least one of every courtier. I've been thinking about swaping patrol for king's ghouls (and changing how many ghouls I run of course) which can help them to stay on board because we have some shooting and alpha-strike armies here
So I'd appreciate some advice for my list
Finally here is the list:

- Grand Court: Gristlegore
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 124

Edited by XReN

5 hours ago, XReN said:

Read what you posted there, I've got some CC for you.
The list looks really good, agree on most of the choices you made there, but  I would toss court artefact on crypt ghast to make him score in scenarios where it is relevant and I also don't see much use for Maelstrom since it will just be there, messing your own spells and getting in the way, I think to round up 20 points Shackles are your best bet. Now about the throne, I don't know how many people realised it already, but you can place it further from your "deployment" zone so you can make a move forward in your first turn and then use summoning  which is possible in quite a few match-ups and would help you a lot by providing bravery swing aura and cover for your regent, oh, and you also said that mounted kings can use summoning for free near the throne which I believe you know that they can't.

About the write-up:
It feels too in-depth for a FEC player and not enough for someone who never seen them and that way it feels inconsistent, like sometimes you mention ability's and spell's ranges, sometimes you don't, you mentioned ghouls rerolling hit rolls but haven't said why and so on. If you intendent to make it a deep explainatory thing you should have wrote more numbers and less praising. If not, than it's fine.

Also there are some things I want to say about ghoul patrol: it's been 180 points and optional reserves since the drop of GHB 2018 and first FAQ in AOS 2, so it wasn't changed on that part with the new tome at all

Thanks for feedback! I thought I had gotten rid of mentions of mounted kings summoning, I’ll go back and edit.  And yes after my first game definitely putting throne forward lol

You guys should try this list with The Feast Day , I've had remarkable success with it.

Crypt Infernal Courtier (120) - General 

Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)

Varghulf Courtier (160)

UNITS

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

ALLIES

40 x Zombies (240)

Edited by vorathian

I have a 1250 local coming up.  Round 1 is Blood and Glory. Round 2 is Escalation. And Round 3 is Three Places of Power.  My original list was:

LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
BEHEMOTHS
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Grand Court: Gristlegore)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
TOTAL: 1240/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 15 WOUNDS: 49
LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 2 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Problem was I still couldn't summon enough bodies for the early missions.  Dominated 3 places.  But here is my tweak:

LEADERS
- General
- Artefact : Ghurish Mawshard
- Lore of Madness : Monstrous Vigour
- Mount Trait : Gruesome Bite
- Lore of Madness : Spectral Host
- Lore of Madness : Spectral Host
UNITS
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
BEHEMOTHS
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
TOTAL: 1240/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 15 WOUNDS: 52
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 2 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Any tips?  Do I need to fit in more regents?  Should I find a way to  get cogs in?  Help me out guys!!

9 hours ago, vorathian said:

You guys should try this list with The Feast Day , I've had remarkable success with it.

Crypt Infernal Courtier (120) - General 

Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)

Varghulf Courtier (160)

UNITS

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

ALLIES

40 x Zombies (240)

Okay couple of questions. Why the vargulf? If they are all horrors why not just use another crypt infernal. 

Why not Deadwatch?

Why zombies instead of ghouls?

2 hours ago, werewolf-comics said:

Help me out guys!!

Second list looks rad... Low body count, but concentrated devastation. Need to be careful not to get bogged down in skellis or picked apart by brutes. Regents are still very squishy and CPs are rare, so need to have a set plan when to summon (got the throne?!?) and when to trigger feeding frenzy

• Like 1

So my 1500 point list consisting of:

2x Archregent

1x Gk on TG

1x royal TG

1x royal ZD

10x ghouls

Did very well against my opponents spiderfang. He had 3 big spiders (one with a shaman) a boss on smaller spider which managed to do 20 morral wounds in one go with his poison against poor Terrance the terrorgheist who only had 4 wounds left. And 2x10 spider riders and 1x5 spider riders.

Our scenario was the one with 4 objectives (one in your zone, 2 middle etc) and i managed to win with 22 or so VP to his 5. We both made some mistakes ajd forgot things as we're new to our armies which could have cost him the game. He'd mostly deployed on one side so I rushed up my TG's to slam his spiders hard and stop them getting past and as such was able to capture 3 objectives turn one after summoning flayers.

Against goblins the screams were pretty good, even if my poor dice rolling hurt. Flayers also proved nice at killing his little boss in melee with some lucky sixes and my ghoul king going first always helped me as well as rerolling my maw attacks got me some nasty 6's and ate a big spider. I forgot about our feeding frenzy command ability until toward the end unfortunately which would have helped more earlier. 

I found TG's aren't as tough as I'd hoped but were able to stall him enough to get me objective points. Their big bases are nice between terrain for blocking it. I do think in most games I'd prefer horrors as they're very punchy. All in all feels like a good core start, will just have to work out how to progress to 2k. Maybe with a 3rd terrorgheist ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Okay couple of questions. Why the vargulf? If they are all horrors why not just use another crypt infernal. 

Why not Deadwatch?

Why zombies instead of ghouls?

Zombies are super cheap.  I've been wondering if anyone has been looking at them.  Ghouls are a bit overpriced at 100 pts I think.  I'm sure it's due to the Muster ability.  However, if you're not leveraging that and only need bodies on the board, then Zombies will do that.  Not much else, though.  

• Like 1

With the new nerf to deadwatch its not worth the points unless you run them in groups of 9 imo.

Using the  feast day that's still at least 2 feeding frenzies I can get off per turn (on average) without the need of deadwatch.

The Varghulf is only to fill up the points cost to a full 2000

The zombies are simply to hold a back objective without significant worry against most armies and are much much cheaper.

Edited by vorathian

19 hours ago, werewolf-comics said:

I have a 1250 local coming up.  Round 1 is Blood and Glory. Round 2 is Escalation. And Round 3 is Three Places of Power.  My original list was:

LEADERS
- General
BEHEMOTHS
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
TOTAL: 1240/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 15 WOUNDS: 49
LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 2 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ALLIES: 0/400

What army size are you playing at 1250 with the 1st list?  I thought you could only have 2 behemoths at 1000 points?   I would consider swapping out the lore on one of the 2 abhorrants since each can cast two spells.

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1

So, how about this? I've downsized myself to playing only 3 armies and FeC made the cut, but I really want to go all in on the Gristlegore aspect over hordes of bodies (I play Skaven for that..):

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike

- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud

Battleline
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 70

Archregents summon 20 Ghouls for objectives and the King summons a Varghulf to support a Ghoul unit. I imagine this list is probably common but I've been too busy in the Skaven threads recently to really notice. Is the battalion worth bringing? Maybe better to just bring more AGKo-X-'s instead maybe? The amount of potential healing and aggressive nature of the list with cogs seems good in my book but curious to see what the rest of you think. I decided to take a triumph over a third endless spell, but could be worth bringing another.

Edited by Gwendar

Hiya, new-ish to the game and really trying to hammer down what army I like the most before I start making purchases. I really like the new FEC book, but I'm not interested in playing a behemoth spamming army so I made one with a larger focus on Horrors with a little smattering of ghouls, synergy, and resilience kind of banking on the power of Feeding Frenzy and would like to hear any comments or criticism.

Flesh Eater Courts Allegiance, Court of Delusion - The Grand Tournament

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120) General, Bringer of Death

Abhorrant Archregent (200) The Dermal Robe, Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400) Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigor, Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Crypt Ghouls x40 (360)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Flayers x3 (170)

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

1990/2000 points

Basically, run up the field and win in melee. The Haunter Courtier would just be a general beatstick rerolling both hits and wounds while near the archregent or ghoul king. The Archregent is kind of the lynchpin of it all, he makes basically everything in the army better by just existing and tossing out spells to buff attacks or throwing down Chalice to outlast enemies. The King on Terrorgheist would spend its time cracking tough units with the rerollable maw attacks and support from horrors. Ghast Courtier is just there to make the Ghouls last a little longer and maybe go for the mega ghoul dream of 7 attacks each if I'm feeling lucky. The Flayers would mostly exist to fly over to objectives and work their way around the opponent and look threatening while Horrors provide most of the muscle to my deathstar. I'm really just looking to drown my opponent in rerolls, since everything in the army, save the Flayers, gets to reroll hits, wounds, or both, then get a big Feeding Frenzy turn and win off the momentum.

I was alternatively considering swapping the Flayers out for The Abbatoir Battalion (since I already have the units), another Ghast Courtier (so I can be a little more ballsy with going for trophy kills), and giving my Ghoul King Heart of the Gargant for a truly ludicrous single turn of rerolling attacks and wounds with Feeding Frenzy, but I felt I putting too many eggs in one basket and needed something else that could at least take some of the fire off of my important units.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yummyfish said:

Hiya, new-ish to the game and really trying to hammer down what army I like the most before I start making purchases.

In this list you have a lot of drops, not nearly enough CPs to afford leveraging Feeding Frenzy, having Grand Tournament just to give GKoTG rerolls of 1 for his and mount's claws is not that great. 
I would rather go with Hollowmourne if you want so many horrors and Attendants at Court battalion so your horrors can maneuver more freely, drop flayers and without any other changes to the list you'll be at 1940 with 2 CP's right on the start, so 3 in your first turn, summon in courtier for free and 3 flayers to flank with one CP, set up for charges, on turn two unless you spend 1 CP for battleshock you'll be able to charge and fight twice with both horror units and GKoTG if your positioning is right

And honestly, your courtiers (or regent) should NOT get into melee unless it's your last resort or "free" damage

Edited by XReN

7 minutes ago, XReN said:

In this list you have a lot of drops, not nearly enough CPs to afford leveraging Feeding Frenzy, having Grand Tournament just to give GKoTG rerolls of 1 for his and mount's claws is not that great. 

So you would suggest something like:

Flesh Eater Courts Allegiance, Hollowmourne Grand Court

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

Abhorrant Archregent (200) The Dermal Robe, Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400) General, Grave Robber, Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigor, Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite, Corpsefane Gauntlet

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Crypt Ghouls x40 (360)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Attendants at Court (110)

1930/2000 points 2CP

I think I do like this a bit more than mine, the extra CP to get summoning off early and not have to worry about stockpiling for Feeding Frenzy does make me feel more confident the single big turn I'm looking for will be as devastating as it needs to be. What do you think of my choice of spells/traits/items? I'm thinking that maybe the Archregent would be better off with the Deranged Transformation spell, to help my melee-centric army move around, and I'm not super sure about Gruesome Bite on the Terrorgheist

So this is my first go at an army in AoS (completely new player), I've gone for a fast alpha strike list that allows my Knights to get into combat quickly with the Court and Battalion ability . I can use the Lords of Burning sky to support whichever Knights i need to with the Varghulf, or to move the GK to a point of advantage. I will probably use the AA to summon a second Varghulf to support the other knights, or bring in another 20 ghouls dependent on the mission. Not sure on whether to save the 100pts for CPs or bump the Ghouls up to 30/ take a group of 10 though.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts. - Grand Court: Blisterkin

LEADERS

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120) - General - Command Trait : Hellish Orator - Artefact : Medal of Madness

Abhorrant Archregent (200) - Artefact : Eye of Hysh - Lore of Madness : Spectral Host

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400) - Lore of Madness : Bonestorm - Mount Trait : Gruesome Bite

Varghulf Courtier (160)

BATTLELINE

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

BATTALIONS

Royal Mordants (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

TOTAL: 1900/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 3 WOUNDS: 103

- General
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Necrotic Fangs
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Total: 1840 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 83

Going all in on Gristlegore monster mash!  I know there's a concern about 20 models not being quite enough to screen with against Alpha Strikes and w/o a Battalion, my drops are too high.  Meh....  I'll just put the general out front!  This one is for funzzies but I do want it to be as competitive as it can be.

EDIT:  An Alpha Strike list has got to be worried about a Call to War followed by a Feeding Frenzy.  That's a lot of potential damage even from a wounded Terrorgheist.

Edited by Deadkitten