New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

Hello guyzz im thinking on going with ben jhonson list...but terrorgheist with no heros are kind of less effective(no mount trait) also i think i might need some bodies for sit on objectives:

1 gk on terrorgheist (400)

-savage Strike

-ghurishiana

-gruesome bite

1 gk on zombie dragon (440)

-claws like blades

1 abhorrant archregent (200)

-aether brooch

1 crypt ghast courtier (60)

Battle lines:

3x 10 ghouls (300)

1 terrorfheist (300)

Batallion:

Ghoul patrol (180)

Endless spell 

Cadaverous barricade (30)

Chalice of ushoran (40)

Extra cp: 2 

Well with this list i got a 2 nice heros 1 with mortal wound capacity and the other with nice rend thx to the other mount trait. Also now i can leave 1 or 2 units of 10 siting on objectives, while i can ds other with 20 more summoned and a varghulf for heals. Maybe ben list is still better .. im Just scare of only using big models. Sorry for my english and thx for reading

12 minutes ago, Mikelomba said:

Hello guyzz im thinking on going with ben jhonson list...but terrorgheist with no heros are kind of less effective(no mount trait) also i think i might need some bodies for sit on objectives

You can summon in bodies that you need, for free. TG without a mount is a little less effective... but it's also 100 points cheaper, qualifies as battleline, and can be part of Royal Managerie. 

Hi every one,
I got the Carrion empire box and ordered 1 starter box + 1 zombie dragon box. I am targeting to a 1000 pts game to try the game, below is the list:
------------------Gristlegore 1000 points---------------------
Heroes:
Gk on terrorgheist (400)
Abhorrant archregent (200)
Battleline:
1 x Zombie dragon (300)
10 x Ghouls (100)
Summon Pool:
20 x Ghouls
9 x Horror? / Flayer?  

I would like to ask what I should build for my army? Horror or Flayer will be better? Horror can reroll the attack, but I hear that they must have at least 6 in a group to be functional. In this case, the Flayer seems better? However, 4+ to hit and 3" reduce 1 hit to their range attack looks pretty decent. 

2 hours ago, Slaanesh_in_Sewer said:

I would like to ask what I should build for my army? Horror or Flayer will be better? Horror can reroll the attack, but I hear that they must have at least 6 in a group to be functional. In this case, the Flayer seems better? However, 4+ to hit and 3" reduce 1 hit to their range attack looks pretty decent. 

Magnetise!

Also
Yay, 500th post!

Edited by XReN
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

Magnetise!

Telling somebody who starts with the hobby to magnetize Horrors/Flayers seems a bit ... inappropriate.
But maybe that's just me.

4 hours ago, Slaanesh_in_Sewer said:

In this case, the Flayer seems better?

Yes, in small groups Flayers are better. Also, when summoning them in from the sides/back, the can get to stuff faster than Horrors can.

Edited by Mutter

4 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Telling somebody who starts with the hobby to magnetize Horrors/Flayers seems a bit ... inappropriate.

Yes, in small groups Flayers are better. Also, when summoning them in from the sides/back, the can get to stuff faster than Horrors can.

Thanks! I will build 2 x 3 Flayers first since summon only allow for summoning 3 knights.

16 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Please mind that I don't have this person's background infront of me, there are people new to the forum and AoS here who ask the same novice quetions but have been in this hobby 2-3 times longer than me, for example. Also they were 1st models I magnetised in my 8 years in the hobby

1 minute ago, XReN said:

Please mind that I don't have this person's background infront of me,

There is always the possibility to ask, or to elaborate.
Just firing off one-word answers to a new member is just not very welcoming. Surely you must be able to see that?

51 minutes ago, Mutter said:

There is always the possibility to ask, or to elaborate.
Just firing off one-word answers to a new member is just not very welcoming. Surely you must be able to see that?

Don't exclude the possibility of that person asking me back if they are interested in deep A, B and C answer, I don't belive every answer have to contain as much info as possible 100% of the time. That also speed's up things because I don't need to extract information from that person, since I assume they are capable of figuring out if they can or can't do something based on what I say
And also my intention seems to be different from yours, whille you provide direct short answer to the question, I provide an option.

29 minutes ago, XReN said:

Thanks, really appretiate your condenscention and quetioning my logic without appropriate reason to do so. 

20 minutes ago, Mutter said:

See, if you would have put a quarter of the energy you just spent arguing with me into your intital post

You two are funny... 😂👍

I recommend a beer and pretzel game to talk about your deeper feelings.

so yes, the flayer/horror question is very tricky and expensive for us. Both units have their merits, flayers are faster with the option to deal mortal wounds, while horrors are pretty good in melee dealing good damage, especially if they have a king nearby...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Honk said:

so yes, the flayer/horror question is very tricky and expensive for us. Both units have their merits, flayers are faster with the option to deal mortal wounds, while horrors are pretty good in melee dealing good damage, especially if they have a king nearby... 

I'm in the same possition right now with the Flayers/Horrors question (I have bought the german version of Carrion Empire and some other boxes) and I'm thinking about making one of them Battleline. I have the feeling I like the rules of Blisterskin more than Hollowmourne (and making a Courtier to a general is a little wierd when a ghoulking or Archregent is arround, so not taking a grand court is not the best option, if I don't want to go Ghouls as Battleline only).

Flayers are faster, have a Missile Attack that deals mortal wounds and have Rend but less damage

Horrors are slower, are melee only but have more damage on there attacks but no rend.

My thoughts are partly going to make Flayers as Units of 3 and Horrors as units of 6, or is bigger always better.

Edit:

And in preparation to the the dialog above. I want to have both units and don't want to magnetize. I think the plan with my actual models (nothing build yet and not a finished list, yet)

Gk on terrorgheist

Abhorrant archregent

Crypt Ghast Courtier (one or more)

1 Crypt Haunter Courtier

1 Crypt Infernal Courtier
Battleline:
2x20 x Ghouls (could also be 1x40 after they get a bonus at 20 models)

6 Crypt Horror

2x3 Crypt Flayer   

Edited by EMMachine

39 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

My thoughts are partly going to make Flayers as Units of 3 and Horrors as units of 6, or is bigger always better.

A decent size for starting a fight is 6... 3 models die too quickly. Harassing is ok, but for real engagements at least 24 wounds. A brick of 9 (36hp) can go into the thick of it and dish it out with most of them out there.

a mob of 12 might even be too big to position, move and pile in. Terrain and enemy units might make that tricky. 

Of course one thing to discuss are courtiers as well. For a brick of 9, two courtiers might be needed, especially if they’re in deep. Maybe even for 6 knights, to regen around 4 models per turn. Depending if you brought the chalice for extra healing.

And the king... for horrors there should be one in range, making them a pretty big point sink (courtier and king needed). But also leading to strong buffs, since both hunger spells could be stacked from the kings...

32 minutes ago, Honk said:

a mob of 12 might even be too big to position, move and pile in. Terrain and enemy units might make that tricky. 

Isn't this the same problem with a 40 model unit of Ghouls?

I have now looked what the points are and the models I wrote in the list would be 1960 Points (and just the needed points for a Chalice of Ushoran.

With Blisterskin and  if I put the ghouls into 2 units of 20 I could make the list like this.

Heroes:

Gk on terrorgheist

Abhorrant archregent

1 Crypt Haunter Courtier

Battleline:
2x20 x Ghouls

6 Crypt Flayer  

Units:

6 Crypt Horror

With Blisterskin and  if I put the ghouls into 1 units of 40 I could make the list like this because of needed battlelines (this list would actually be 1920 Points without counting endless spells because of the horde bonus of the ghouls).

Heroes:

Gk on terrorgheist

Abhorrant archregent

1 Crypt Haunter Courtier

Battleline:
40 x Ghouls

2x3 Crypt Flayer  

Units:

6 Crypt Horror

Still unsure who should be General (looking at the lore it would most likely be the Archregent, in case of model the GK on terrorgheist would also make sense, as the most resilient of them).

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Still unsure who should be General

Those are just the tricky questions all over the tables. Not sure what 20 ghouls can achiev or if min squads aren’t a better idea. The point reduction for 40 ghouls are also nice and suddenly you have a decent anvil for your Hammer units.

but those ideas are just out in the big internet, they need to perform on the table. That sadly kills any flayer lists for me, since 75% of time i‘m Fighting demons... and the „officially proven to perform“ lists from LVO and such will just crumble befor my incompetence 🥳

19 minutes ago, Honk said:

Those are just the tricky questions all over the tables. Not sure what 20 ghouls can achiev or if min squads aren’t a better idea. The point reduction for 40 ghouls are also nice and suddenly you have a decent anvil for your Hammer units. 

but those ideas are just out in the big internet, they need to perform on the table. That sadly kills any flayer lists for me, since 75% of time i‘m Fighting demons... and the „officially proven to perform“ lists from LVO and such will just crumble befor my incompetence 🥳 

In case of the Ghouls I think it's partly an optic thing. Units of 10 Ghuls would be the advantages that I won't have to choose a grand court, because I would have enough battlelines (I'm not a friend of those 30/10 Stories, in case of unitsize). And would be more flexible in case of Allegiance Abilites.

I just want a little variety instead of simply spamming a small amount of units.

With the first list Hollowmourne would be possible, too. But the Command Trait their is quite special. I mean, I'm still quite free what I will make because there is nothing build yet only bought.

Hm, so in your case Crypt Horrors would be better than Crypt Flayers when their scream doesn't work because of the high bravery.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

With Blisterskin and  if I put the ghouls into 1 units of 40 I could make the list like this because of needed battlelines (this list would actually be 1920 Points without counting endless spells because of the horde bonus of the ghouls).

I would suggest an option for 2nd list:
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterkin

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1880 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121

I'm suggesting haunter as general because he does not want to be in melee at all and would allow you to field your units in healthy numbers
GKoZD to summon varghulf (which can be then telleported anywhere via court's CA) providing a courtier to support every unit you have
Then summon 20 ghouls to sit at home or screen a flank, in which case you can also drop a chalice nearby and so if they take casualties but survive - some come back
End essentially you want some spare CPs, one to summon and a couple of "reserve" for battleshock and redeployment, whille all what's left would be spent on Feeding Frenzies. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Hm, so in your case Crypt Horrors would be better than Crypt Flayers

Mostly nurgle, so yes, the scream is kinda useless. Had a blast with flayers MW spamming treelords or stormboys with 2+/3+ rerolling armor.

nurgle got slapped hard with 9 horrors and a king...

But I do like my monster mash too and will probably get a fourth SC-Box, when my wife is not watching.

the ghoul horde spam didn’t really perform for me as of yet, but with the chalice a lot of options arise for hordes or against them. You could heal back your models from dead ghouls/enemies.

sadly life is preventing all the decent test runs right now

6 minutes ago, XReN said:

Leaders
- General

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

I'm suggesting haunter as general because he does not want to be in melee at all and would allow you to field your units in healthy numbers
GKoZD to summon varghulf (which can be then telleported anywhere via court's CA) providing a courtier to support every unit you have
Then summon 20 ghouls to sit at home or screen a flank, in which case you can also drop a chalice nearby and so if they take casualties but survive - some come back
End essentially you want some spare CPs, one to summon and a couple of "reserve" for battleshock and redeployment, whille all what's left would be spent on Feeding Frenzies. 

Hm, hadn't planed varghulf yet (and would need more Ghouls ) but okay,  summoning Knights (Horrors/Flayer) is an option for the Archregent too, so that could make sense.

Still thinking having a Courtier as a General is looking wierd from a lore perspective, but with this form I would have at least 3 different battleline units. Is the Crypt Infernal Courtier that bad that he doesn't belong into the list or is it better to summon him?

6 minutes ago, Honk said:

Mostly nurgle, so yes, the scream is kinda useless. Had a blast with flayers MW spamming treelords or stormboys with 2+/3+ rerolling armor.

nurgle got slapped hard with 9 horrors and a king...

But I do like my monster mash too and will probably get a fourth SC-Box, when my wife is not watching.

the ghoul horde spam didn’t really perform for me as of yet, but with the chalice a lot of options arise for hordes or against them. You could heal back your models from dead ghouls/enemies.

sadly life is preventing all the decent test runs right now

I know that problem, I degraded more to be a collector, builder and painter than a player, but still thought, "I have some new models and wouldn't left the Thread without a list"

31 minutes ago, XReN said:

Leaders
- General

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

This is very similiar to the list I've been considering lately. Im tired of painting a bunch of wings and prefer the aesthetic of Horrors over Flayers though.

-Delusion: the Feast Day

Leaders:

Crypt Haunter Courtier        120
-General
-Dark Acolyte
-Spectral Host

Abhorrant Ghoul King on RZD    440
-Splintervane Brooch
-Razor-clawed
-Monstrous Vigour

Abhorrant Archregent        200
-The Dermal Robe
-Deranged Transformation

Battleline:

Crypt Horrors x6        320
Crypt Horrors x6        320
Crypt Ghouls x40        360

Endless Spells:

Chalice of Ushoran        40
Cadaverous Barricade        30

Battalion:

Abbatoir            120

Other:

Charnel Throne            0
1CP                50

Total: 2000

Summoning a Varghulf and probably 20 ghouls. The archregent gives Horrors +d3 attacks and 11" move, with a little luck both units plus the courtier general. Courtier gives the AGKoZD run+charge, and the AGKoZD casts his signature spell, making sure the horrors reroll all failed hit and wound rolls while in range of him. The brooch on AGKoZD along with Dermal Robe on Archregent will give the enemy wizards a hard time with -1 to their cast and +1 to my unbind. It could be replaced for Flayed Pennant on the courtier general though.

Feast day will give me 2 free CP per battle round (1 each player turn) in the form of Feeding Frenzy.

Abbatoir will pump out mortal wounds against hordes and combo well with chalice.

Alternatively, with so many strong spell options for so few casters, I thought about going:

-Cadaverous Barricade        -30
-1CP                -50
+Corpse Cart (ally)        80

To further improve the chance of getting our oh-so-sweet spells off.

What do you guys think?

Edited by KoalaSnok

6 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Crypt Infernal Courtier that bad that he doesn't belong into the list or is it better to summon him?

You can go with hollowmourne and use Infernal as general
And yes, using courtier as general is lore un-friendly. You can juggle around lists with 10 man units of ghouls for battleline 

Based on the way I’ve currently built my models from the old King Vlagorescu’s(?) box, this is the army I’m thinking of going with. It’d be fairly expensive at this point to change over to using Flayers for Blisterkin, so curious what people think of this list.

- Grand Court: Hollowmourne
LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Command Trait : Grave Robber - Artefact : Corpsefane Gauntlet - Lore of Madness : Spectral Host - Mount Trait : Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact : The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness : Deranged Transformation
 Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

Varghulf Courtier (160)

UNITS
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

BATTALIONS
Abattoir (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS Chalice of Ushoran (40) Soulsnare Shackles (20)
TOTAL: 1900/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 3
WOUNDS: 103
    LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

Edited by Marthen