New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

2 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I imagine you really want the Savage Strike benefit to be on the GKoTG though. At that point it's also a debate between "do I wanna summon in 3 Flayers\Horrors or 1 Varghulf?".

I think combatwise, the GKoTG is potentially so much better than the ZD, I'd definitely go for the TG.

Edited by Mutter
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mutter said:

I think combatwise, the GKoTG is potentially so much better than the ZD, I'd definitely go for the TG.

Mostly working with what models I have and I built a GKoTG and GKoZD before the update. I'll give GKoTG a go with 2 TG's and a ZD similar to what Ben did I suppose. Really would love to see what it's capable of doing. I'm wary of the few armies around here that throw out-1's to hit however. Thanks for the help!

Played Blisterkin three times now,  amazing. 

Cant go far wrong with variants of list Veal ran at Heat 1. Also works well with less flayers and ZD. The redeploy, +2 movement and cps on a 4+ is tops. 

GKoTG - bite mount trait, monstrous spell

Regent - spectral host

GK - deranged transformation 

2 x flayer courtiers

deadwatch 6, 6, 3 flayers

Chalice

• Like 1

Hey guys, I play nighthaunt, but I am helping a friend build his FEC lists and he lent me his battle tome to have me help him understand the army and what he should build toward.  Since he might have different play style preferences than I, I came up with 3 different lists and I would like more experienced feedback on them.

LIST #1 Gristlegore Grand Court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgeist

x2 Abhorrant Archregents

Varghulf Courtier

x3 Royal Terrorgeists

Battalion: Royal Menagerie

Endless Spell: Malevolent Maelstrom

2000 pts.

LIST #2 Blisterskin Grand Court

x3 Abhorrant Archregents

x2 Varghulf Courtier

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

Endless Spell: Chalice of Ushoran, Corpsemare Stampede

2000 pts.

LIST #3 Blisterskin Grand Court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgeist

x2 Abhorrant Archregents

x2 Varghulf Courtier

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x10 Crypt Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x3 Crypt Flayers

Endless Spell: Chalice of Ushoran, Prismatic Palisade

2000 pts.

Two themes here... Archregents seem overpowered.  They can summon a unit of their choice basically once per battle, and free if they are on the throne.  Better yet unless I am mistaken those units must come in from a board edge... not your board edge...  Amazing.  Summoning is great, summoning what you need when you need it, nearly where you need it is so good I feel like I must be missing something.

Second, Varghulfs seem extremely good as well, especially when paired with an Archregent.  The Varghulf is the only courtier that can heal any of the various FEC units, and if the Archregents are going to summon something dependent the battle, having courtiers that can adapt to whichever unit they must work with seems good. Plus they are also no slouches in melee either.

I also stuck in Crypt Flayers when i could because he likes those models and because I value flight over some of the smashiness Crypt Horrors.

I was worried that maybe these lists were low on bodies, but the Archregent can spawn x20 Ghoul units if they are needed, and allow them to come in from various board edges for mobility.  Mobility is also why I figured Blisterskin was the best grand court when not playing all terrorgeists for the added speed.

I know I didn't specify artifact of power in the first list, I figure there are more than one option there.

Also... last question... Gristlegore says you get 2 hits instead of 1 when you roll a natural 6... does that mean the Terrorgeist does 12 Mortal Wounds with his bite on a natural 6?!

1 hour ago, Nevar said:

I came up with 3 different lists and I would like more experienced feedback on them.

Okay, lets go
First list is almost like Ben Johnson's list that did very good, you can check it couple of pages back
Second and third aren't particulary great, min units can't do much (and using ghouls as screen is hella expensive) with so many battlelines it would be better to just ally in some dire wolves. Second list totally won't need two varghulfs, going 2 infernals insted will make far more sence as it saves a lot of points

Now I'd like to question some endless spells choices: FEC barricade is much better than pallisade, period. And I don't think anyone relying on wizards would want to run Maelstrom, it makes sence to bring it against heavy magic army when you have 1 utility caster yourself I guess

Now the important part that makes all three lists not that great: you need CPs, a LOT of them to use feeding frenzies and blisterskin redeployments
And you don't have any, that's why you need to preserve points spent on vargulfs and ghouls by taking infernals and dogs

1 hour ago, Nevar said:

Better yet unless I am mistaken those units must come in from a board edge... not your board edge...  Amazing. 

Correct, any board edge

1 hour ago, Nevar said:

I know I didn't specify artifact of power in the first list, I figure there are more than one option there.

Also... last question... Gristlegore says you get 2 hits instead of 1 when you roll a natural 6... does that mean the Terrorgeist does 12 Mortal Wounds with his bite on a natural 6?!

Actually without battalions you have no choice because courts force you trait and artefact :D nvm, morning
It's 6 MWs and 1 normal wound roll as said in FAQ on how abilities work with attacks

Edited by XReN

41 minutes ago, Nevar said:

does that mean the Terrorgeist does 12 Mortal Wounds with his bite on a natural 6

No, faq clarified that you get a normal additional hit...still the „new“ terrorgheist is total 🧀 

11 hours ago, warhammernerd said:

GKoTG - bite mount trait, monstrous spell

Regent - spectral host

GK - deranged transformation 

2 x flayer courtiers

deadwatch 6, 6, 3 flayers

Chalice

Why not exchange the GK and one of the courtiers to an Archregent that calls in a Varghulf?
Obviously, you'de lose the +1 attack spell, but gain so much more (most importantly, spare points, which this list doesn't have many of).

I'd assumed in BJs list that maybe he didn't have a second AR so soon after release.

9 hours ago, XReN said:

Okay, lets go
First list is almost like Ben Johnson's list that did very good, you can check it couple of pages back
Second and third aren't particulary great, min units can't do much (and using ghouls as screen is hella expensive) with so many battlelines it would be better to just ally in some dire wolves. Second list totally won't need two varghulfs, going 2 infernals insted will make far more sence as it saves a lot of points

Now I'd like to question some endless spells choices: FEC barricade is much better than pallisade, period. And I don't think anyone relying on wizards would want to run Maelstrom, it makes sence to bring it against heavy magic army when you have 1 utility caster yourself I guess

Now the important part that makes all three lists not that great: you need CPs, a LOT of them to use feeding frenzies and blisterskin redeployments
And you don't have any, that's why you need to preserve points spent on vargulfs and ghouls by taking infernals and dogs

Correct, any board edge

Actually without battalions you have no choice because courts force you trait and artefact :D nvm, morning
It's 6 MWs and 1 normal wound roll as said in FAQ on how abilities work with attacks

Allying in Direwolves does not fill my battleline requirements unless I miss my mark?

Varghulfs can heal any unit, and seeing as I was relying on the Archregents summoning units I need for the battle, Varghulfs allow us to summon anything and have the correct Courtier to run along side them.  If I take the flayer courtier, I have to summon more Flayers or else the courtier becomes useless to the new summons.  Plus, Varghulfs are worth the additional points in their personal stats alone no?

Pallisade completely blocks all LOS.  FEC fence just gives cover if you cluster around it, and 25% of all enemy armies are unaffected by its slow.  I would argue the FEC fence is mostly useless.  To be fair I was building with local meta in mind.  He will be fighting my Skaven, and that skaven force has x4 Lightning Cannons.  Cover won't save the Archregents, but completely blocking line of sight protects the throne sitting summoning masters until they have had time to bring in their units, assuming they didn't just quickly spam them immediately.  Honestly though, it was a 30pt spell and I had to choose between FEC Fence and Pallisade, and I completely disagree with you on the effectiveness of either.

I had thought with the throne, I could assume I was summoning for free, leaving me the +1 CP per turn for other uses, plus in most cases I would also have the Orator ability giving me an additional one on a 4+.  That said, I went back over the lists and considered battalions for more CPs and potential artifacts.  How about this list?

Blisterskin Grand Court

Abhorrant Archregent:  Hellish Orator, Eye of Hysh

Abhorrant Archregent

Crypt Infernal Courtier:  The Flayed Pennant

x10 Ghouls

x10 Ghouls

x10 Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

Deadwatch Battalion

1950 Points  +2CP

Seems like this list would have stupidly good mobility with the ability to redeploy Flayers using the Blisterskin command ability, and a unit of flayers able to pile in and attack in the hero phase in addition to using Feeding Frenzy.  This list -could- theoretically have all three Flayer units fight twice in the first turn, and potentially have a 4 pile in and fight from the battalion.  This list could also potentially have 4 CP on turn 1 depending on that 4+.

I imagine one of the Archregents would want to move forward and the Orator would want to camp on his throne to preserve the 4+ CP gain.

40 minutes ago, Nevar said:

Allying in Direwolves does not fill my battleline requirements unless I miss my mark?

Varghulfs can heal any unit, and seeing as I was relying on the Archregents summoning units I need for the battle, Varghulfs allow us to summon anything and have the correct Courtier to run along side them.  If I take the flayer courtier, I have to summon more Flayers or else the courtier becomes useless to the new summons.  Plus, Varghulfs are worth the additional points in their personal stats alone no?

Pallisade completely blocks all LOS.  FEC fence just gives cover if you cluster around it, and 25% of all enemy armies are unaffected by its slow.  I would argue the FEC fence is mostly useless.  To be fair I was building with local meta in mind.  He will be fighting my Skaven, and that skaven force has x4 Lightning Cannons.  Cover won't save the Archregents, but completely blocking line of sight protects the throne sitting summoning masters until they have had time to bring in their units, assuming they didn't just quickly spam them immediately.  Honestly though, it was a 30pt spell and I had to choose between FEC Fence and Pallisade, and I completely disagree with you on the effectiveness of either.

I had thought with the throne, I could assume I was summoning for free, leaving me the +1 CP per turn for other uses, plus in most cases I would also have the Orator ability giving me an additional one on a 4+.  That said, I went back over the lists and considered battalions for more CPs and potential artifacts.  How about this list?

Blisterskin Grand Court

Abhorrant Archregent

x10 Ghouls

x10 Ghouls

x10 Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

Deadwatch Battalion

1950 Points  +2CP

Seems like this list would have stupidly good mobility with the ability to redeploy Flayers using the Blisterskin command ability, and a unit of flayers able to pile in and attack in the hero phase in addition to using Feeding Frenzy.  This list -could- theoretically have all three Flayer units fight twice in the first turn, and potentially have a 4 pile in and fight from the battalion.  This list could also potentially have 4 CP on turn 1 depending on that 4+.

I imagine one of the Archregents would want to move forward and the Orator would want to camp on his throne to preserve the 4+ CP gain.

You do realise that blisterskin makes flayers battleline, right? 😉

8 minutes ago, KoalaSnok said:

You do realise that blisterskin makes flayers battleline, right? 😉

Well I didn't, and I was going to ask you where it says that... then found it in the points section which I never even looked at because I use Azyr for points.  DERP

• Haha 1

@KoalaSnok @XReN

Blisterskin Grand Court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgeist:  Gruesome Bite

x10 Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

Deadwatch Battalion

1950 Points  +2CP

From what I understand, if you have a zombie dragon/terrorgeist rider you get to choose a mount trait, and it seems like an auto include to reroll bite attacks with Gruesome Bite.  Likewise, this list can summon in two more units of Crypt Flayers to make use of the Blisterskin command trait even if the other units are getting thrashed or are committed to an objective.

Regent can also summon x20 ghouls for bodies if needed instead.  With Frenzy and the Deathwatch, it seems to me I could get six pile-ins and combats out of the three crypt flayer units.  Three natural ones, and three Frenzy ones.  With an additional pile-in from the battalion on the next hero phase.  With Orator potentially increasing CP gain to x2 per turn... you could get six more pile-ins on the 2nd turn via two frenzies and the battalion pile-in.  That is an amazingly good alpha strike and follow up if things go well.  Add in a terrorgeist to either distraction carnifex or actually just go on a rampage with him as well...

I can see how this is much improved on my earlier lists.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, Nevar said:

@KoalaSnok @XReN

Blisterskin Grand Court

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgeist:  Gruesome Bite

x10 Ghouls

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

x6 Crypt Flayers

Deadwatch Battalion

1950 Points  +2CP

From what I understand, if you have a zombie dragon/terrorgeist rider you get to choose a mount trait, and it seems like an auto include to reroll bite attacks with Gruesome Bite.  Likewise, this list can summon in two more units of Crypt Flayers to make use of the Blisterskin command trait even if the other units are getting thrashed or are committed to an objective.

Regent can also summon x20 ghouls for bodies if needed instead.  With Frenzy and the Deathwatch, it seems to me I could get six pile-ins and combats out of the three crypt flayer units.  Three natural ones, and three Frenzy ones.  With an additional pile-in from the battalion on the next hero phase.  With Orator potentially increasing CP gain to x2 per turn... you could get six more pile-ins on the 2nd turn via two frenzies and the battalion pile-in.  That is an amazingly good alpha strike and follow up if things go well.  Add in a terrorgeist to either distraction carnifex or actually just go on a rampage with him as well...

I can see how this is much improved on my earlier lists.

9-6-3 is the configuration I'd be looking at.  I think with gobbos and skaven we're going to be seeing 40 blocks.  20 Sequitors is a thing.  No, I don't expect to always get all 9 in but I think even 7 or 8 will matter.  SO many things have the potential to pop units when they hit and I think Mustering is too good not to take advantage of.

EDIT:  I REALLY want to squeeze that Chalice in.

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, i would like to show you this list because i need some opinions:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Morgaunt
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Savage Chivalry
- Artefact: Decrepit Coronet
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)

Battalions
King's Ghouls (120)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1800 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 5
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 151

so my 3 blob of ghouls are immune to battleshock if they are wholly within 18 of the ghast and the regent, my regent and my GK give some attack to my ghouls  for increasing the damage of this list. in the same time i summon the chalice near my ghouls for returning slain models in my units.

In addition and this is the point that i think it's a little bit broken but if you slain an entire unit of ghouls i can used all my command points (6 at the first turn but it can be more if it's later in the game) to Rolling a dice for each command point used, on a 4+ i summon another units of 40 ghouls and on each 5+ i get another command point (Aetherquatrtz brooch right?) and i can re-used this command point.  Tell me if i'm wrong but the command ability of Morgaunt Don't specify you can use it only 1 time per turn, so you can spamm it when a unit is destroyed and returning maybe 120 gouls for only 40 ghouls slains.

yes of course you need a lot of ghouls in this list but it's just to present my idea.

Edited by slendy75
  • Haha 1

So tried making the most annoying thing I think to deal with. Just waves and waves of ghouls

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Morgaunt
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Savage Chivalry 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Artefact: Decrepit Coronet 
- Lore of Madness: Bonestorm
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Battalions
Royal Family (120)
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

Sooo... that was more broken than anticipated.

played 1750 points against Khorne whatever poor victims:

Court of Delusion : Feast Day

Infernal (General, Cruel Taskmaster)

Archregent (Spectral Host)

GkoTg (Garland, gruesome maw, blood feast)

varghulf, 2x6 flayer and 10 ghouls, also brought the Chalice for a total of 1700.

2F8AD54E-1352-4D60-8C66-37984359499B.jpeg

Took first turn (whyever, noob) buffed a bit and inched forward... after that it went downhill very fast for my poor opponent. Playing old Khorne but without any real shenanigans... don’t know why. First turn he also inched his Bloodthirster forward on left flank and the knights, cockatrice, demon prince and korgaroth to the right...

round 2... fight

Regent threw buffsspells around, both abhorrents summoned (infernal 3flayer) to the right flank.

charge o‘clock, flayers to the left with general infernal and the gkotg went left and the terrorgheist swallowed the Bloodthirster. Good thing the whole right flank fumbled, else he would have resigned right there.

in his round his countercharges were kinda brutal, but because of feast day and three CPs for every unit he activated, I double feasted on him, the varghulf ripped through the demonprince, the flayers double shot the korgoroth thing and on the left flank his bloodwarriors killed my general, but were mauled by 6 flayers in return.

after winning the initiative for round 3 and getting all my lost flayers back, we called it...

no use in restomping the groin in a friendly game.

really felt kinda bad, feast day with gkotg and 2x6 flayers is just brutal almost broken

Edited by Honk

8 hours ago, Honk said:

Sooo... that was more broken than anticipated.

played 1750 points against Khorne whatever poor victims:

Court of Delusion : Feast Day

Infernal (General, Cruel Taskmaster)

Archregent (Spectral Host)

GkoTg (Garland, gruesome maw, blood feast)

varghulf, 2x6 flayer and 10 ghouls, also brought the Chalice for a total of 1700.

2F8AD54E-1352-4D60-8C66-37984359499B.jpeg

Took first turn (whyever, noob) buffed a bit and inched forward... after that it went downhill very fast for my poor opponent. Playing old Khorne but without any real shenanigans... don’t know why. First turn he also inched his Bloodthirster forward on left flank and the knights, cockatrice, demon prince and korgaroth to the right...

round 2... fight

Regent threw buffsspells around, both abhorrents summoned (infernal 3flayer) to the right flank.

charge o‘clock, flayers to the left with general infernal and the gkotg went left and the terrorgheist swallowed the Bloodthirster. Good thing the whole right flank fumbled, else he would have resigned right there.

in his round his countercharges were kinda brutal, but because of feast day and three CPs for every unit he activated, I double feasted on him, the varghulf ripped through the demonprince, the flayers double shot the korgoroth thing and on the left flank his bloodwarriors killed my general, but were mauled by 6 flayers in return.

after winning the initiative for round 3 and getting all my lost flayers back, we called it...

no use in restomping the groin in a friendly game.

really felt kinda bad, feast day with gkotg and 2x6 flayers is just brutal almost broken

if you fight an old battletome with this army of course you will win easily, it's not broken, try this list  versus a good Daughter of khaine, Legion of Nagash or Skavens list

Edited by slendy75

1 hour ago, slendy75 said:

try this list  versus a good ... Legion of ...

I would never dare even thinking about raising hand against my god-emperor !!!

yes, the power creep is real, things we have suffered from the last 5years. But since I knew he was fairly new to AoS and without tome I tried to tune it down, flayers were kinda meh in my recollection of past games. But +d3 attacks and then double attacks for free... brutal... then extra double attacks because unit B gets jealous pretty easily... carnage 

Edited by Honk

First games of Aos on the weekend, very casual, definitely playing against skaven and bonesplitterz. I want a reason to finish the bulk of my ghouls, so i'm going ghoul heavy. Here is my list. 

Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

LEADERS
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Dark Wizardy
- Artefact : The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness : Blood Feast

Varghulf Courtier (160)

UNITS
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

TOTAL: 990/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 75

Probably could go Morghaunt, but i want to try the +2 cast on the Archregent. Spent points on Varghulf rather then summon to get some ghouls up the board quicker with the summon, also left room to get barricade as well to try and pick my spots easier seeing as this army is fairly slow. 

Main combo is extra attacks on big block of ghouls, supported by Varghulf. Archregent stays behind ghouls and casts blood feast and Chalice at +2 for wound healing. 

Let me know what you think, ill let you know how i go on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CourtsCourt said:

Let me know what you think

I never got those ghouls to work and in those circumstances you’re regen hero will be under heavy fire. Maybe turn in the varghulf for two ghasts and an extra CP?!

But feeding frenzy can save you in some tight spots... wish you best of luck!

• LOVE IT! 1

Hello everyone 😃

Here is my pick for FeC list and I would have some suggestions.

ALLEGIANCE FeC  GRAN COURT HOLLOWMURNE

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Artefact The flayed Pennant

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Artefact Medal of madness

Battlelines

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Horrors x6 (320)

Crypt Horrors x3 (160)

Crypt Horrors x3 (160)

Battalions

Attendants of at Court (110)

Attendants of at Court (110)

Endless Spells

Balewind Vortex (40)

Calice (40)

1900/2000 (free points are going in extra CPS ) WOUNDS 98  TOTAL CPS (without first turn) 4  TOTAL DROPS 4 

In theory I wish summons ghouls and Vaerghulf, until the general is alive the units in the battalions are rerolling hit, everyone is rerolling ones during the first charge, the 2 Crypt Haunters will help with the artefacts to pull off the important charges .(saveing important cp for feeding frenzy and ravenous crusaders).