New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

3 hours ago, EMMachine said:

I degraded more to be a collector, builder and painter than a player,

Sad face... BUT that just makes your lists totally viable anfing somebody comes to play all the better. Play with open war cards and be open about the casual playstyle and you‘re pretty much set.

3 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

What do you guys think?

You‘re a mean one Mr.Grinch... 🤪

don‘t know of your regen is enough, but the chalice might be enough with one courtier...

otherwise list looks good, abattoir is definitely on my tryout list...

50 minutes ago, Marthen said:

curious what people think of this list.

As above, should perform pretty decent. The nooks and crannies might be figured out after testing out your local meta, like splitting the ghouls or 3x10 for different court etc...

My list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterkin
LEADERS
Abhorrant Archregent
- General
- Command Trait : Magestic Horror
- Artefact : The Dermal Robe

Abhorrant Archregent
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon

- Artefact : Eye of Hysh
- Mount Trait : Horribly Resilient

Crypt Infernal Courtier
UNITS
3 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers

BEHEMOTHS
Royal Terrorgheist
BATTALIONS
Deadwatch
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chalice of Ushoran
Cadaverous Barricade

TOTAL: 1950/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 84

Second Archregent sits on throne, at least few rounds, for free summons, second one moves around where needed. Ghoul King summons just Varghulfs, Archregents either Ghouls, Varghulfs or Horrors/Flayers. I can have 3 summons per turn for one command point, leaving 2 extras to reserve when needed. Spells are probably Spectral Host for Ghoul King, Blood Feast for general and either Miasmal Shrouds or Spectral Host for  another Archregent.

What do you think?

24 minutes ago, Morhgoz said:

-snip-

Second Archregent sits on throne, at least few rounds, for free summons, second one moves around where needed. Ghoul King summons just Varghulfs, Archregents either Ghouls, Varghulfs or Horrors/Flayers. I can have 3 summons per turn for one command point, leaving 2 extras to reserve when needed. Spells are probably Spectral Host for Ghoul King, Blood Feast for general and either Miasmal Shrouds or Spectral Host for  another Archregent.

What do you think?

Need to read the summons abilities again - they only work once per game (per character), so might as well start both Archregents around the throne turn 1 and summon then go wherever they are needed. 

3 hours ago, Morhgoz said:

Damn, then I probably give The Dermal Robe to not general Archregent and change general's command for Dark Wizardy.

And use Archregents to summon Ghouls and Ghoul King to summon Warghulf.

In grand court you dont get to pick command trait.

7 hours ago, Morhgoz said:

What do you think?

3 flayers are pretty frail...

but go go for it, some dramas need to be felt, or maybe you‘ll use them better than me.

12hp with 5+ is just nothing solid and you’ll need one model to survive for the varghulf to call backup. 

With the summoning from the regents you might get some more bodies(won’t benefit from deadwatch), but I‘m missing the anvil... 

6 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

In grand court you dont get to pick command trait.

Uuups, forgot that part... Well, it was around 4 in the morning when I did do that list or posted those comments.

I might drop that terrorghast and palisade and adding 40 ghouls or 30 ghouls and that ghoul courtier. 40 ghouls could make decent anvil, yes?

Edited by Morhgoz

On 2/23/2019 at 11:34 PM, Honk said:

Tell us how that went... theorycrafting is all well and nice, but live performances is where it’s happening 

Spoiler

Game 1- Plan - Border War (GHB 2018) Vs- Legions of Nagash-
Nagash
Chainrasp Horde x40
Chainrasp Horde x 20
Grimghast x 30
Dire wolf x 5
Necromancer
Guardian of Souls
Shyish Reaper

Boy oh boy, does gristlegore not handle unrendable, and bring back units well.

(Also realm of death) Immediately threw all 4 dragons up as I knew I needed to destroy units asap to get to nagash before the repopulation kicked my ass. 3/4 Dragons got in, and killed all but about 8 grimghast and about 13 Chainrasp of the 40 block. Next turn, they where all bought back via graves/spells and Nagash. Nagash debuffed the dragons with - attacks and -1 to hit and that was the end really. Grimghast did what they do best, blend everything.

That was with all 3 dragons fighting twice, the 4+ non rendable, rerolling 1's and the FNP is insanely hard to chew through.

Result- Loss 9-24 or something similar

Spoiler

Game 2- Plan- Scorched Earth
Realm- Ulgu (No one can shoot or cast over 12")
VS- Karadron Overlords
Ironclad
6 Endrinriggers
Khemist
Navigator
Frigate
Frigate
Gunhauler
Arkanaut companies

Real unfortunate for him, KO not being able to shoot over 12" was a straight death sentence for them, I had first turn and sat back forcing them to come to me to score/burn, when they got in range after a double turn they took out 1 dragon easily, I then countered and wiped a frigate, arkanaut squad, the navigator, 3 endrinriggers and the gunhauler with 2 dragons, with the chalice healing everything I had to full. I then summoned all my units (10 ghouls, 20 ghouls, 3 flayers) into his backline objectives since he HAD to come to me and left them alone, got the double turn and burned them all which insured victory come Turn 3. Despite this he fought on, and the Ironclad realiably put out dragons 1 a turn, but in the end he couldnt make up the points. Result- Win 18 to 9 or so

I honestly feel if the 12" max range realm rule was not in, Karadron would be the perfect counter to gristlegore and I wouldn't have won.

Spoiler

Game 3- Total Commitment Realm- Fire (We all forgot about the realm feature but 6+ = small explosion)
VS- Maggotkin
30 Plaguebearers
Bray Shaman
Spoilpox Scrivener
Glottkin 3x5 blightkings
1 Lord of Plagues? Big guy with a shield
2 Pusgoyles
Blight Cyst

He made a major mistake after I had deployed right up forward to give me the first turn and left his glottkin exposed. I summoned all little units turn 1, to his back board and flew all 4 dragons up to his blight cyst + Glottkin and made the charges with all 4 dragons and 3 summoned Horrors. Screams took an average of 1 blightking out per due to rolling very very well The General Fought first twice, destroying the glottkin. And two terrorgheists wiped out 2/3 of the blight cyst blight king squads, Horrors killed 1/2 Pusgoyles, they fought back and did a massive 3 damage to each dragon, this combat and destruction let me have 3/4 objectives turn 1.

His turn his unit of 5 blightkings walked up and slew a dragon and his plaguebearers initiated on my general, doing near nothing. From this point It was a slog of fighting -1 to hit plaguebearers with the Scrivener forcing reroll 6's to hits and the wheel being manipulated by mages forcing rerolls of 6's to wound. However the opponent had lost interest as half his army left the board turn 1, and couldn't come back. Result- Win 32-5

Only a small tournament so, only 3 games, but I placed (Including army votes/favourite games) 4th/16 My biggest takeaways are- A) ****** grimghast (But that's not just our problem) B) Karadron if given an inch in this matchup will wreck our drakes, I maintain if not for the realm rule I wouldn't have won.

Another FEC player took first place with 3W 0L with something along the lines of- no court- Feast Day delusion AGKoTG ArchRegent Crypt Ghoul courtier Crypt Haunter Courtier (General) 40 ghouls 40 Ghouls 9 Horrors

He faced- Nurgle, LEgions of Nagash (Grimghast + dire wolves) and SCE (Gavriel +9" charge strat)

I apologise for formatting and background, I have no clue what has happened here.
Edited by Moogypies
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I made a little change in the direction.

Here I made a Hollowmourne list without the Flayers (perhaps buying another start collecting). Perhaps I will add some Flayers later to summon them.

What do you guys think about this.

- Grand Court: Hollowmourne
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet
- Mount Trait: Horribly Resilient
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
Abattoir (120)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121

I will try to build a Varghulf Courtier as well.

I gave the Zombie Dragon the Corpsefane Gauntlet, because I think its the model that will most likely get into combat. Should the Ghoul King be the general or (lorewise) the Archregent who has also more attacks to profit from the Grave Robber Trait, when being in combat?

44 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Here I made a Hollowmourne list without the Flayers (perhaps buying another start collecting). Perhaps I will add some Flayers later to summon them.

- General
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
Abattoir (120)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

I gave the Zombie Dragon the Corpsefane Gauntlet, because I think its the model that will most likely get into combat. Should the Ghoul King be the general or (lorewise) the Archregent who has also more attacks to profit from the Grave Robber Trait, when being in combat?

I really like this list and may adapt my Hollowmourne list to look more like it. You consider using only a min unit of ghouls though?

7 hours ago, EMMachine said:

- General
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
Abattoir (120)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

I ran this exact list but in the mournghul grand court. It was okay. Big take away was abbatoir is not good. I am going to try the other horror battalion next

• Haha 1

So I recently played a dead watch list into a seraphon list, here are somr take a ways

3 knights dont Do much. Had 2 units of 3 flayers and they did almost nothing.

The chalice healing up dragons is amazing.

The courtiers bringing back full elites is great too, but for that to happen we need units of 6 or more to take the hits. 

Makes me with we had a battalion with just flayers and ghouls.

If youre not running a court then you can take the feast day delusion. This means you dont have to stockpile your CPs as much.

Edited by Gdead909
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 1:56 PM, Gdead909 said:

So I recently played a dead watch list into a seraphon list, here are somr take a ways

3 knights dont Do much. Had 2 units of 3 flayers and they did almost nothing.

The chalice healing up dragons is amazing.

The courtiers bringing back full elites is great too, but for that to happen we need units of 6 or more to take the hits. 

Makes me with we had a battalion with just flayers and ghouls.

If youre not running a court then you can take the feast day delusion. This means you dont have to stockpile your CPs as much.

Yes, I'm wondering if a block of 9 with a couple of Courtiers following it around is legit.  More of an investment than the GKoTG but so much more redundant.  Hand of Dust and Skaven shooting terrifies me.  A behemoth hero is so good in a lot of missions though.

Edited by Deadkitten

FEC
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1830 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131

Some room in there for a Battalion, Endless Spells or just the CPs.

5 hours ago, Deadkitten said:

FEC
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1830 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131

You could save a battleline spot by making the courtier be the general. It all comes down to artefacts.

5 hours ago, Deadkitten said:

Since there is only one unit delivering the pain, I‘m not quite sure if blisterkin or feast day is the way to go. To protect flanks the barrier is supposed to work quite well.

maybe upgrade one infernal to varghulf, the general switch might also be nice, upping one ghoul unit to 40... with the max unit it’s cost neutral.

a unit of 9 flayers, stricken by malicious and black hunger, going on a feast day...  sounds like DoK

10 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

That's pretty good especially since you can do it twice.

They changed the skewering strike to „in addition“ 🙀🥳🎉 nice

So roughly 6 mortals and 12 wounds against 3+save (goes to 4) it’s a total of twelve damage. 6 sequitors or 4 brutes or almost half of vorgaroth gone, ready for feast day 😅

the tricky part is against hordes like plaquebearers or skellis, with access to various debuffs or high regeneration...we all loose 12 ghouls in a good round of combat, that’s why there are some courtiers lurking

4 hours ago, Honk said:

Since there is only one unit delivering the pain, I‘m not quite sure if blisterkin or feast day is the way to go. To protect flanks the barrier is supposed to work quite well.

maybe upgrade one infernal to varghulf, the general switch might also be nice, upping one ghoul unit to 40... with the max unit it’s cost neutral.

a unit of 9 flayers, stricken by malicious and black hunger, going on a feast day...  sounds like DoK

Yeah, it is by no means tuned.  What I like here is that there are the 2 big blocks to grind.  However, I'm not sure there's enough Mustering here to do that, after dedicating a couple heroes to the Flayers.  I figure you could just spawn the other Courtiers to support the Ghoul blocks.  It's not like there aren't good answers for monsters so it would be good to have something to pivot into. 

Is there any merit to bringing a Royal Menagerie battalion? Doesn't seem like many are doing that. Is it due to the Chalice typically being enough healing that the battalion bonuses aren't worth it in favor of more bodies?

I wanted to try running 2 Regents with a GKoZD general (mostly just to summon a Varghulf to support a summoned in Ghoul unit), but it seems most are just going big on 4 TG's and a Regent or 2.

12 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Check a couple pages back. FEC list from Sheffield (Ben Johnson) was Royal Menagerie. Came second place, iirc.

Ah, right, forgot about that. I wonder if it would be worth switching out the GKoTG general for a GKoZD and then use 3 TG's for battleline rather than 2 TG's + ZD?

I imagine you really want the Savage Strike benefit to be on the GKoTG though. At that point it's also a debate between "do I wanna summon in 3 Flayers\Horrors or 1 Varghulf?".