New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

unless i am running all elites, the first thing I put in now is that amazing chalice!

It heals models ww 12“ so if that’s your horror with 1-2 hp and your gkotg, you can heal both...and at the end of the turn!!! so after your combat phase or even if your opponent gets double turn, you can still regen in between... pretty great

of course not that useful if you’re fighting elite AGAINST elite, because it’s slain models, sure

Edited by Honk

A Gristlegore List i'm debating using at a tournament in a week, got some allied wolves for the a little more menagerie fluff. 
General obviously has forced command trait, but it doesn't appear on the warscroll builder.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation

Battleline
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Zombie Dragon (300)

Units
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
- Allies
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
- Allies

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 89

• Like 1

So I thought I'd take this thread in a slightly different direction and ask for some (much needed) advice...

Models I OWN are....
3x GK on Terrorgheist (1 is unbuilt so could be a ZD I guess, they seem a nightmare to transport though haha!)
1x Abhorrant Archregent
2x Units of 3 Horrors (built)
2x Units of 3 Horrors/or Flayers (unbuilt)
50x Ghouls
Charnel Throne

Using just these models (that includes for summoning, don't have any extra). What kind of list would you build at 1k and 2k? I'm a huge fan of big monsters (If the 3 Terrorgheists didn't already make that obvious haha) and low model count armies (elites like horrors with just a few chaff Ghouls to hold objectives). But with this new army book I've no idea what direction to go in! Like... Summoning Horrors via heavy Summon Royal Guard abuse, or run Horrors as Battleline and back up with a few Ghouls/possibly summon more...? I dunno!

BUT YEAH! These are all the models I own, you miiiiiiight be able to convince me to get another model/or box of something if the list seems really cool... otherwise just want to stick with what I own. I'm super new to AoS so no idea or experience to go off of! So if anyone could help that would be AMAZING 🤩
Thank you! ❤️

• Like 1

Well, first of all congratulations on your wise choice to serve the king...

sadly you are lacking the regen heroes, infernal/Horror/varghulf/ghast...those ****** up one of your unused sprues (infernal&horror, the third might be proxybuilt to a varghulf if you dare)

just do it with gristlegore: gkotg, Arch, Tg, 10 ghouls...

or try out some shiny knights 

archregent, varghulf, 6 horrors and 20/10 ghouls 

Or combine for a juicy 2k filth list

gkotg, Arch, Haunter, 3Tg (or 2+1zd), 6 horrors=1940+1CP gristlegore 

gkotg, Arch, haunter, 2Tg, 6horrors, 3x10 ghouls, feast day delusion...

see what tickles your palate most

• LOVE IT! 1

GW really caught me by suprise with this FEC release..I used to run Ghoul patrol using fan comps right after the first book came out.It was actually the first army I used in our first "official points" tournament we had in our area.Kinda funny to see the guy that won LVO running a very similar list to what I did,,though he knows what hes doing with it,and I pretty much got wrecked all the time,lol.Anyhow..at least its all painted except the new models from the spells and CE release.

Heres what I came up with using my existing army,adding the Archregent and a couple of the new spells--

Morgaunt Grand Court

Realm-Shyish

Leaders:

Abhorrant Archregent--General ( he seems the best fit for the mandatory command trait)

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Abhorrant GK on TG

Abhorrant GK on ZD

Battleline:

40 Crypt Ghouls

10 Crypt Ghouls

10 Crypt Ghouls

Battalion--Ghoul Patrol

Endless Spells- Chalice of Ushoran

-Corpsemare Stampede

Extra CP

Total 1990

Wounds 101

With the extra CPs and the Throne I should have no problems with keeping my CP count up and getting all three summons out.Regrow possibilities on the Crypt ghouls is nice too.

Dont care too much about being top table,just like to give a good game and get a few wins here and there:)

19 hours ago, Honk said:

sadly you are lacking the regen heroes, infernal/Horror/varghulf/ghast...those ****** up one of your unused sprues (infernal&horror, the third might be proxybuilt to a varghulf if you dare)

Are the Regen heroes required now in the new army book? I mean, I guess I could build 1 or 2 get an extra box but dunno! ¯\(º_O)/¯

I started collecting FEC back when I saw the Monster Mash list that  Ben Souza and Alan won large GTs with (sadly seems every list has been taken down now, but was 3 GKoT, Arkhan the Black, and 30 Ghouls (to sit on objectives), would fly in, summon 4 units of Horrors into the enemies deployment, buff GKoT's up with your magic spells then have everything charge in, into a big Monster Mash! haha). But due to the change to Magestic Horror it doesn't quite work now... I did post an attempt to recreate that list on page 1 (basically replacing Arkhan with an Archregent and using MH/Charnel Throne to get some free Summons, letting us get the 4 units of Horrors turn1 still), but no idea if it'd be viable at all. So I don't know if I should stick with Summoning Horrors still or just go with something like you suggested...

I just look at basic Terrorgheists and I'm like... hmmm, Yeah but for an extra 100pts I can Summon 160pts worth of stuff! 😂 haha

1 hour ago, TopHatCat said:

Yeah but for an extra 100pts I can Summon 160pts worth of stuff!

Dat‘s true, but then no battleline no more 🥳

In the other threat the new Ben_S filth list has emerged, 2 archregents, 3 Tgs, gkotg, endless spells... so that’s how the monster mash looks like v2.0

1 hour ago, TopHatCat said:

Are the Regen heroes required now in the new army book?

If you run horrors, flayers or ghouls, the regeneration heroes are essential. At least if you want them to last. A 10xghoul unit better stays out of trouble, but a 9xhorror block with regen hero and king will dish out generous helpings of pain... and with the hero they will stay to serve another round of dessert 

Edited by Honk
  • Thanks 1

So I went on a tournament yesterday and took 3rd place with this list

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

First I played against seraphon with Kroak and 2 Engines, he summoned an absurd amount of models just to be crushed against my general who killed around 1000 points in both summoned and starting units, mission was Places of Arcane power and I won with only 40 ghouls and ZD left standing, killed 920 points from opponent's army
Second was a down to the wire game against LoN with Nagash, skeletons and graveguard, he handed my general turn two and it turned into uphill battle where I had chances to win until his his turn 4, mission was Shifting objectives where I took the first turn and thrown my outflanking ghouls right on side objectives
Third game lasted around 30 minutes, mission was Focal Points and my Ironjaw opponent conceded after GKoTG butchered his Mawcrusha on the first turn.

What I learned is that the list desperatly need arch-regent and then I will be testing dermal robe instead of brooch and even though Patrol was nerfed to the ground it is still one of the best battalions for us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, XReN said:

and even though Patrol was nerfed to the ground it is still one of the best battalions for us

I would agree (Ghoul Patrol or Royal Family), but the real question is: do we still despeartely need a battalion, or rather are we willing to pay so much for that?
Still not sure about that ...

Congrats on the result, though. :)

Edited by Mutter

28 minutes ago, Mutter said:

I would agree (Ghoul Patrol or Royal Family), but the real question is: do we still despeartely need a battalion, or rather are we willing to pay so much for that?

I think for most people the answer lies in their local meta, going with 3 drops list was really good for me, also if we look at my list than it relies on the battalion to get CPs from artefact and surprisingly I've been using outflank in every game. I think going vanilla with big units supported by courtiers and abhorrants can be the right way to play without battalions.

Edited by XReN

So after some thinking I slightly changed mine gristlegore list and I hope I'll get at least 2 testing games this weekend

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells
Cadaverous Barricade (30)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1850 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101

3 hours ago, XReN said:

I think for most people the answer lies in their local meta, going with 3 drops list was really good for me, also if we look at my list than it relies on the battalion to get CPs from artefact and surprisingly I've been using outflank in every game. I think going vanilla with big units supported by courtiers and abhorrants can be the right way to play without battalions.

I honestly think this will be a big concern for us at the highest competitive level.  I played a game yesterday against a heavy shooting SCE list and had one of my regents snipped turn one and almost lost the other, could have if the dice had rolled super well for the SCE player. The same concerns apply to big alpha strike lists. Its hard to screen with only big fatties and a good alpha strike can wipe out a couple regents.  Getting a low drop and making sure you get your regents' summons off could be a huge concern if the meta takes a big turn toward shooting (I am looking at you Skaven).   

4 hours ago, Mutter said:

Still not sure about that ...

Congrats on the result, though. :)

I don't think so but the battalion tax seems to be coming down in general and the FEC artifacts seem pretty good.

9 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

I honestly think this will be a big concern for us at the highest competitive level.  I played a game yesterday against a heavy shooting SCE list and had one of my regents snipped turn one and almost lost the other, could have if the dice had rolled super well for the SCE player. The same concerns apply to big alpha strike lists. Its hard to screen with only big fatties and a good alpha strike can wipe out a couple regents.  Getting a low drop and making sure you get your regents' summons off could be a huge concern if the meta takes a big turn toward shooting (I am looking at you Skaven).   

Is there a 1-Drop FEC build?  

29 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

Is there a 1-Drop FEC build?  

We can realistically get down to 3-4, depending on how many heroes you want with a couple, either Ghoul Patrol and Deathwatch.  This will get you down low enough to get under most lists and would be enough in my opinion.  

The Alpha Strike lists go lower than 3-4 drops though.  How much do you really care about anything not at that level?  Say 5-8 Drops?  In a Monster Mash sort of list I think the Battalions compete for more ghouls.  You need some number and anywhere from 1300-1500 pts are tied up in the monsters themselves.  It's an interesting tension.  The Battalion gets you lower drops but at the cost of less Ghouls but the Ghouls provide the screen to survive that Alpha.  After seeing the Chalice perform this weekend, I think it's a no brainer over a Battalion.  The real benefit I see to the Battalion is the Artifact & Trait.  And from what I'm seeing the list is extremely CP hungry.

26 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

It went 5-0, but it's pretty easy to imagine that most of his opponents were unsure on how to handle FEC at this early stage.  

Plus, it was played by Ben Johnson, who's been around like forever and a real veteran.  I think it's strong list, but I'm not sure it's the strongest list FEC can deliver. Time will tell.

• Like 1