New FEC Tome List Thread

ierthling

Hey y’all - the general FEC thread tends to have a lot of different overlapping discussions at once, so I thought it might be useful to start a separate thread to focus on building lists with the new battletome. Here’s what I’m looking to start with:

Blisterskin
Allegiance: Flesh-eater Courts
Grand Court: Blisterskin

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
Spell: Blood Feast

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
General
Artefact: Eye of Hysh
Command Trait: Hellish Orator
Spell: Spectral Host
Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Varghulf Courtier (160)

Battlelines
Crypt Flayers x6 (340)

Crypt Flayers x6 (340)

Crypt Ghouls x20 (200)

Behemoths
Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total Points: 1980

I’d love thoughts and suggestions, but even more, I’d love to see the lists you have in mind for your first games with the new Tome!

There’s mine:

Grislegore grand court

AGKTG

general

savage strike command trait

ghurish mawshard artefact

gruesome bites

bloodfeast lore

AGKTG

spectral host lore

AGKTG

bloodfeast lore

Archregents

Spectral host lore

3x10 ghouls 

cogs endless spell

1800/2000 pts

4 Extra CP

Try two game. Have enough cp to do my summon abilities and my feeding frenzy.

the grisle gore combo is really nasty.

if I had something I want to try is to get more buff on my spellcasting to counter heavy spellcasting army, like another artefact and a corpse cart

Thanks for making this thread haha!

I've just gotten started with AoS and was building my way towards "Monster Mash" build I'd been seeing since it absolutely seemed like my kind of playstyle. Giant Monsters? Aw heck yes! (Really not a fan of horde/swarm armies).
https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/how-to-eat-flesh-have-your-cake-too-monster-mash-flesheaters/
Sadly the change to Magestic Horror has really crippled the list, so trying to band-aid that, but hoping I can replace Arkhan with the new Archregent (Since he can get a free Summon and can also cast/dispell 2). However with being a noob who hasn't actually played a full game yet, I'd love some feedback!

Allegiance: Flesh-Eater Courts
Delusion: Crusading Army/The Feast Day
Leaders
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Artefact: The Grim Garland
Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Scenery
Charnel Throne (0)

Total: 1800 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79 (+48)

Goal: After movement turn 1, 2 GKoT use 2 CP to Summon 2 units of Crypt Horrors, then the GKoT with Magestic Horror Summons a 3rd unit for free, finally the Archregent stands within 1" of the Charnel Throne allowing him to Summon a 4th unit of Horrors for free, all as close to the enemy as possible, then (after  casting support spells like Malefic Hunger/Mystic Shields/Chalice etc), send all Terrors/Horrors in together for a big ol'Monster Mash.

======================

or;

Allegiance: Flesh-Eater Courts
Grand Court: Gristlegore
Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Soulsnare Shackles/Quicksilver Swords (20)
Scenery
Charnel Throne (0)

Total: 1800 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 86 (+36)

Goal: After movement, turn 1, 2 GKoT use 2 CP to Summon 2 units of Crypt Horrors, the Archregent stands within 1" of the Charnel Throne allowing him to Summon a 3rd unit of Horrors for free. Our Monstrous General, supported by Arkhan/GKoT/(Archregent later on), Charges in, attacking first, getting pumped by Gristlegore ability, Feeding Frenzy, possibly Ferocious Hunger, Grusome Bite and Malefic Hunger/Mystic Shield etc, doing the most damage it can, softening them up for the rest of our Heroes/Horrors etc).

I'd prefer to keep my 3 GK on Terrorgheists since... Woo! Giant Monsters! (Who also Summon in free elite units instead of messing around with that whole, giant horde army shtick). Three would defo look cooler on the board than 2!.... But it's been tough building with Grand Courts since they lock you in on Traits/Artefacts (booo). Currently 2 SC boxes in and just picked up Carrion Empires, so need to know what I need to polish things off! :D

(Also need to figure out my 1k and 1.5k lists at some point 🤣 haha)

11 hours ago, ierthling said:

I like it! Although if you dropped the ghoul king from one of your terrorgheists you could run it as battleline in gristelgore and only need two little ghoul blocks, could free up some other interesting options...

Something in AOS learn me that every good army needs good meatshield and bubblewrap unit. 20 ghouls in not enough to bubblewrap our 3 big monster

On 2/17/2019 at 6:18 AM, ierthling said:

I’d love thoughts and suggestions, but even more, I’d love to see the lists you have in mind for your first games with the new Tome!

I'd suggest testing deranged transformation instead of spectral host unless you are planning to jump around with ghouls, reasoning: chances of getting of big spectral host are small, therefore transformation will give flayers averagely the same speed boost, but they will also be able to shoot after that.

So I'm going to be having a 1500 point game against some spider focused gloomspite on Wednesday and in order to test out some Gristlegore fun (and not need to build too many extra models) I'm considering the following list:

GKoTG - 400
General
Abhorrent Archregent - 200

Terrorgheist - 300
Battleline
Zombie Dragon - 300
Battleline
30 Crypt Ghouls - 300
Battleline

1500/1500

Now my idea is to have the ghoulie ghouls for any objective shenanigans or to just go and rush in with lots of attacks (or to screen if it ends up a much more killy focused game) but the main weight will be pulled by the monster mash, against grots the screams should do well. I'm thinking using my archregent and king to summon in some flayers/horrors (I'm probably gonna have 1 of each built by then) to bring in the extra power. I've not a huge idea how spiders play but they have poison that can mortal wound right? Any CC on the list would be welcome. I'm expecting lots of spider riders and maybe 2 arachnarocks? Not too sure on what he has.

Edited by Lightbox

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Any CC on the list would be welcome.

Looks good, not sure about the ghouls, 10+2.Archregent add up to the same points and ghouls and gives you more options (imo, still waiting for the book)...

strategy is key

the spiders can be superbuffed to mortal spam, use your mobility to avert his alpha and then retaliate with concentrated devastation. 30 riders are 60 wounds and one 1CP denies battleshock... so triple Monster charge, scream,puke and then rolfstomp, if he charges you, poor nasties are dead meat

I like TopHats idea of stacking lord level heroes.

Get as many Mounted GK and archregents as you can. I think it may be the only way to play them competitively since they need the rend.

Id avoid flayers. I think they arent very good.

Which leaves horrors and ghouls. They both are pretty average but can be buffed enough to be decent, the problem is you have to go all in on them and cant go half arsed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soots said:

Which leaves horrors and ghouls.

never had real luck with big ghoul blobs, maybe I´m using them wrong (unsupported in the open) ;-D

but a 6-9 brick of horrors with a courtier and a king wrecks some face for sure. Flayer screams are just as bad as last edition, but for the fluff, they are good enough. with some buff spells, their MW output can be quite devestating for stupid stormcast heroes or the 2+ rerolling 1s Treelord

This is my current list I'm working to build, 2nd will most likely be a Gristlegore list

2000 Flesh-Eater Courts
Command Points 1

BlisterSkin Grand Court

Battalion
Deadwatch 110

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs 60

Cadaverous Barricade 30

Heroes

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist 400
General/Eye of Hysh/Gruesome Bite

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist 400
The Grim Garland/Deathly Fast

Crypt Infernal Courtier 120

Abhorrant Archregent 200

Batteline

6 Crypt Flayers 340

3 Crypt Flayers 170

3 Crypt Flayers 170

Army Total 2000

Grand Court: Hallowmourne

Battalion: Abattoir

Delusion: The Feast Day

Realm: Shyish

Archregent with Corpsefane Gauntlet (General) and Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigor

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist with Ethereal Amulet and Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite. Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigor

Crypt Haunter

Battleline Units: 3

2@ 9 Crypt Horrors

10 Crypt Ghouls

Endless Spell: Cadaverous Barricade

Scenery: Charnel Throne

1950 Points

4 hours ago, Honk said:

Looks good, not sure about the ghouls, 10+2.Archregent add up to the same points and ghouls and gives you more options (imo, still waiting for the book)...

strategy is key

the spiders can be superbuffed to mortal spam, use your mobility to avert his alpha and then retaliate with concentrated devastation. 30 riders are 60 wounds and one 1CP denies battleshock... so triple Monster charge, scream,puke and then rolfstomp, if he charges you, poor nasties are dead meat

Cheers!

Only issue being I only have 1 archregent unfortunately so potential option is 2 units of 10 ghouls and have 2 kings on terrogheists for summoning? Though they don't get the free summons. I'll have a look around and see if I have something I can proxy for now to test out the 2 archregents before picking up a second on ebay or finding a nice third party model to rep it.

• Haha 1

Big unit of ghouls

15 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Only issue being

Just took another look, without courtiers the big blob of 30 ghouls also kinda fails the purpose imo, they cannot tank, are to unwieldy and also too pricey.

so I guess you’ll have to make due with the models you have, pimping a ghoulking shouldn’t be that tricky...

best of luck for your spiderhunt!

I'll add to this madness! (see what I did there?)

Morgaunt Masses

General- Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (Morgaunt Command Trait, Decrepit Crown) (440)

- Mount Trait: Gaping Maw

- Lore: Spectral Host

Archregent (Aetherquartz Brooch) (200)

- Lore: Transformation

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Crypt Ghast Courtier  (60)

40 x Ghouls (360)

40 x Ghouls (360)

30x Ghouls (300)

Ghoul Patrol (150)

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Charnel Throne (0)

1970/2000 points.  1CP. 2 Artefacts.

Tactics on this are pretty simple. Keep a crypt ghast and a 40 block off to one side to use to pressure your opponent. Run everything else up the middle. Use the GK to summon a Varghulf to keep everyone in command aura. Archregent drops a 20 pack where its need to cap objectives or just be a road block. Center the chalice in a good place and simply capitalize on your opponent having to chow through a million ghouls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Honk said:

never had real luck with big ghoul blobs, maybe I´m using them wrong (unsupported in the open) ;-D

but a 6-9 brick of horrors with a courtier and a king wrecks some face for sure. Flayer screams are just as bad as last edition, but for the fluff, they are good enough. with some buff spells, their MW output can be quite devestating for stupid stormcast heroes or the 2+ rerolling 1s Treelord

Yeah, youre looking at 480 for the unit plus another 2-300pts support. Thats like a 700+pt unit. Of course its gonna delete stuff. one of the things i like about Nighthaunt is every unit is self sufficient. You put like a block of 150pt elites down and its happy to play in the corner by itself. Its not gonna do 700pts worth of horror damage, but it is happy to pull its own weight

FeC is really streamlined into going deathstar and herostar.

Edited by soots

This is what I will be using for narrative two days event in March:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Horribly Resilient
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

Battalions
Attendants at Court (110)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1850 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

XRen you need 2 more battlelines or your GKoZD can't be your general. Your Crypt Haunter Courtier has to be the general.

150 Points left? Just to get 3 Command Points? Just use the Throne for summoning and you don't need that much spare Command Points. Add the 10 Ghouls for 60 Points.

I don't know how you want to use the Vortex? Cast it under your Ghoul King? Then he can't move and can't buff your troops.

7 minutes ago, Bademeister said:

XRen you need 2 more battlelines or your GKoZD can't be your general. Your Crypt Haunter Courtier has to be the general.

150 Points left? Just to get 3 Command Points? Just use the Throne for summoning and you don't need that much spare Command Points. Add the 10 Ghouls for 60 Points.

I don't know how you want to use the Vortex? Cast it under your Ghoul King? Then he can't move and can't buff your troops.

Horrors are battleline in Hollowmourne GK
Yes, just for command points, to wreck up as many double activations as early in the game as possible
Unfortunately I will get the throne only on the second day of event
I actually just have 50 ghouls ATM and since I'm running GK on foot and courtier I don't want to pay for 9 ghouls
My ghoul king will be able to buff troops way better with vortex, they already have king's rerolls anywhere on the table whille my general is alive thanks to the battalion and having additional 6" to my casts will make up for not moving, since most of the time main engagement happens in the mid field

And keep in mind that it's a narrative event and not a tournament, I don't need to have cutthroat optimised to the limit list, if I needed that, I would never go hollowmourne in the first place

My Deadwatch list would be something like below. Deploy your Heroes wholly within 6" of your general for the -1 to Hit on missle weapons and the extra -1 to hit from Look out Sir! Cast your Ferocious Hunger on the unit of 9 Flayers. Cast your Unholy Vitality on the Flayers. Cast your Deranged Transormation on your Unit of 9 Flayers. 12"+2"+4"=18" Movement for a 6" charge. Your GKoTG needs a 8" charge due to his 14"+2" Move. Run with your Courtiers just behind that unit of 9 Flayers for the Deathless Courtier and Feeding Frenzy. Unit of 3 Flayers hold objective. Unit of 6 Flayers try to hold objective and give your courtiers Look out Sir! buff.

Im not sure, if Spectral Host would work better in this list. but it's maybe a better spell for a Hollowmourne List where you got to run and charge with Horros.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterkin

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Endless Spells
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000