Warhammer Fest 2019

RuneBrush

So tickets for Warhammer Fest go up for purchase tomorrow!  The event is the 11th/12th May once again at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.

They've been listed on Eventbrite as available from 10am GMT and prices are as follows:

Adult Saturday/Sunday - £20 per day

Child* Saturday/Sunday - £10 per day

Adult all weekend £37.50

Child* all weekend £17.50

The event will have a number of skirmish sized participation games going on (Kill Team, Underworlds etc), but no 40k or AoS games.

This is also the only UK event with a Golden Demon!  So even more kudos if you manage to pick up one of these coveted trophies**

This is being hyped as having some "revolutionary" changes so should be well worth the effort of going along.

* 11 years and over - under 11 are free

** don't feel you have to - less competition for me isn't an issue 😂

46 minutes ago, Overread said:

I wish I lived a lot closer cause I'd rather spend the travel and overnight money on more models ;) Otherwise I'd love to attend since I'd wager this could be pretty big for AoS in terms of revealing things. 

There are many times I wish somebody would invent an instant teleportation device - although I then have visions of scenes from The Fly combined with massively overweight people from Wall-E

58 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

There are many times I wish somebody would invent an instant teleportation device - although I then have visions of scenes from The Fly combined with massively overweight people from Wall-E

I'd settle for rail fairs 1/3 of what they are now! At least then rail and a night over somewhere wouldn't cripple the bank! 

47 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Forgive the ignorance of someone who was out of the hobby for a decade... is this the same as what used to be called Games Day, or is this a different thing? 

It is indeed the "new version" of Games Day.  Better structured, more content and ran over an entire weekend.  It's moved to a much nicer venue too and although the food isn't cheap it's better value than a fiver for a slice of pizza...

43 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'd settle for rail fairs 1/3 of what they are now! At least then rail and a night over somewhere wouldn't cripple the bank! 

Rail fairs are crippling - think if I was going by train it'd be around the £60 mark.  Hotel wise a friend normally sorts it and I think it's normally a Premier Inn - £50 for the Saturday night - but there's 4 of us in total so we can share which helps massively.

16 hours ago, JPjr said:

hmmm, it's my birthday that weekend. Interested to see the reaction if I tell my wife that maybe we should put that weekend in Rome on hold and go to Coventry instead. 

What’s Rome got that Coventry doesn’t?  Cathedrals both got them, part of the former Roman Empire, both were.

I say just take her to Coventry and it will be hard to even notice the difference 😂

Archived