Jamesdart

1 minute ago, Eevika said:

I get it. Glottkin is just best played with big units as the spell is much much better on those. It's a lot of points so you kinda have to build around it to make it worth it. 

The glottkin is really good for a multitude of play styles, most of the time I use him to arcane bolt the heroes and hit the ****** out of anything close enough.

7 hours ago, Eevika said:

I have a list based around Glottkin in the works as well and its quite similar but I have unit of 40 Plague monks in the list. I heard from a local Nurgle master that Glottkin works best with Plague monks and Chaos Marauders.  

This is true, but it depends on play style. The glottkin can be used as a hard hitting tank with arcane bolts that buffs the PBK's. I have played nurgle for four years now and I can say that he is good at anything. Just depends on how you wanna play. @Jamesdart wants a mortal army, so plaguemonks, plaguebeares, and other non mortal looking units don't fir his play style. I still recommend the PBK's

2 minutes ago, Boomfrickle02 said:

This is true, but it depends on play style. The glottkin can be used as a hard hitting tank with arcane bolts that buffs the PBK's. I have played nurgle for four years now and I can say that he is good at anything. Just depends on how you wanna play. @Jamesdart wants a mortal army, so plaguemonks, plaguebeares, and other non mortal looking units don't fir his play style. I still recommend the PBK's

I get that if he wants to theme it hard he can do that. I just think that the best use is with monks or bearers. Im definitely theming my army around mortals with PBKs but one unit of 40 rats is there for synergy

1 minute ago, Eevika said:

I get that if he wants to theme it hard he can do that. I just think that the best use is with monks or bearers. Im definitely theming my army around mortals with PBKs but one unit of 40 rats is there for synergy

The rats are good, but they are glass cannons, i get synergy but if you want that you could do it in other ways...

Just now, Jamesdart said:

Well I guess I wanted the marauders for theme, the models and for speed. But the overall suggestion seems to be towards pusgoyle blight lords.

If you really want to use them try them. I would go for the blightlords, but if you like em, use em. I am just here for suggestion. 

I’ll ceryainly give them a try!

While I’m tapping into everyone’s wisdom- is Glottkin the best general? I see the standard choice seems to be harbinger of decay.

has anyone ran a daemon Prince? I was considering a proxy conversion of mortarian 40k, because the model is soooo good!

On 2/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jamesdart said:

I’ll ceryainly give them a try!

While I’m tapping into everyone’s wisdom- is Glottkin the best general? I see the standard choice seems to be harbinger of decay.

has anyone ran a daemon Prince? I was considering a proxy conversion of mortarian 40k, because the model is soooo good!

I awlays take glotkin if you run PBK's, keep everything within 14 inches and its devastation time. Daemon prince is ok, but not really that good... I sometimes run a harbringer, depends on my army comp...

On 2/14/2019 at 9:25 PM, TheMuphinMan said:

No point of making glottkin the general because he gains nothing from it as a named character. If you choose a non-named character as the general, it gains a command trait.

What’s a good option for the general?

3 hours ago, Jamesdart said:

What’s a good option for the general?

Guo is a good choice but if you want to stick with rotbringers, Lord of Afflictions and Harbinger of Decay are also both good choices as they have the mortal, daemon, and rotbringer keywords so you can take any command trait with them as well as the fact they have access to the 5+ feel no pain (afflictions naturally and Harbinger via his command ability) so its easier for them to survive..

4 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Guo is a good choice but if you want to stick with rotbringers, Lord of Afflictions and Harbinger of Decay are also both good choices as they have the mortal, daemon, and rotbringer keywords so you can take any command trait with them as well as the fact they have access to the 5+ feel no pain (afflictions naturally and Harbinger via his command ability) so its easier for them to survive..

Yeah I think I like the idea of Lord of  Afflictions as general. Because he can stay behind 2 units of blightkings and Glottkin, get the PBKs chucking heads and stay out of combat

Just now, Jamesdart said:

Yeah I think I like the idea of Lord of  Afflictions as general. Because he can stay behind 2 units of blightkings and Glottkin, get the PBKs chucking heads and stay out of combat

Blights is the one that hands out heads to throw. Afflictions is the one riding the rotfly but blights and plague could also work, they are just a little easier for your opponent to snipe

14 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Blights is the one that hands out heads to throw. Afflictions is the one riding the rotfly but blights and plague could also work, they are just a little easier for your opponent to snipe

Oh yeah you’re right! I’m new to the game so there’s something I don’t quite understand. In Maggotkin they’re all bloody hero’s, so how do you tell who is a named character and so you can add a command trait and artifact? Looking at the war scrolls I can’t tell

You want the lord in combat, he is a spearhead. He punishes enemies around him for existing by aoe mortal wounds. He is best used with pusgoyles in combat...

Oh yeah you’re right! I’m new to the game so there’s something I don’t quite understand. In Maggotkin they’re all bloody hero’s, so how do you tell who is a named character and so you can add a command trait and artifact? Looking at the war scrolls I can’t tell

Generally if it says only one can be used in an army its a named character

Good news, I played my first skirmish narrative campaign last night, I won both games. Started off with Lord of Plages with indomitable will to unbind a spell and something for an extra -1 rend. I also took 3 Blightkings command. Second game I added a marauder horsemen who in cover snaked past a very shooty wood elf hero, javellined and speared two wood elves holding an objective. Then in turn 5 I had 7 command points and did 7 grandfathers gifts and took out two more elves. I absolutely nailed it and my first ever wins in AoS!

On 2/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, Boomfrickle02 said:

Attacks power does not come from an overwhelming number of attacks, it comes from how oftenand how hard, PBK's are the way to go, sure you could swarm your opponent with 5+, 4+ attacks, but a 3+,3+ is gonna be  better anyday.

What?

That doesn't make any sense. It's all about the overall numbers, baby. Read what people wrote about the around 17 mortal wounds from PMs ...

On 2/16/2019 at 7:26 AM, Jamesdart said:

I guess the best way is the first word on the warscroll's description section.

Rotigus

Rotigus is a single model. (Named)

Great Unclean One

A Great Unclean One is a single model (Not named, notice the "A" at the beginning)

Skulltaker, herald of khorne

Skulltaker is a single model (named)

Skullmaster, herald of khorne

A Skullmaster, herald of khorne is a single model (not named)

Begins with "A" or "An" its generic and if not named

Archived