5kaven5lave

45 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

A very simple question with a very simple answer, however it requires you to own Thanquol and Boneripper.

What are the exact dimensions of the entire model?

I'm asking as I intend to convert the old Thanquol/Boneripper models onto a large base and want to ensure the dimensions are fair as to avoid any complaints about LoS etc.

He is 5inches tall, and almost 4 and a half inches wide.

what base size Thanqoul uses can be found on the warhammer community website by downloads.

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

He is 5inches tall, and almost 4 and a half inches wide.

what base size Thanqoul uses can be found on the warhammer community website by downloads.

As always thanks for the response Skreech,

Already have the base size PDF!

So i see folks have been working on new tech. Figured I'd post my list and see what you all think. 

Grey Seer Bell (Master of magic+skitter leap)

Grey seer bell (death frenzy + skaven brew)

Arch warlock

Claw lord (verminus valor)

Warbringer

40xclan rats

40xclan rats

40x clan rats

40x clan rats

Warp lightning vortex

Gravetide

Pendulum

Vermintide

Been playing with this list or similar for a while. The bodys and control is fun. Adding in the arch war lock to make warp lightning work better. Feel like a bell needs 80 clan rats around it to really justify its existance, and keep it relavant.

Comments and thoughts welcome. 

Having 2 bells seem nice, but how are you usually dealing with tough enemy units that already are on top of objectives? I don't see in your list many ways to actually deal large amounts of damage (stormfiends, plague monks, stormvermins, rat ogors...)

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Num said:

Having 2 bells seem nice, but how are you usually dealing with tough enemy units that already are on top of objectives? I don't see in your list many ways to actually deal large amounts of damage (stormfiends, plague monks, stormvermins, rat ogors...)

Cheers

single/double death frenzy clan rats with +2 attacks from skaven brew and claw lord, and if really need the damage the warbringer can command ability as well. With  the warbringer buff they've taken out 20 man sequitor blocks reroll armor. 

Edit: and not saying it's omg the best thing in the game, gonna win everything, perfect list. Just that's what the current list does, and seeing if folks having any cool alternative recommendations that fit well. I like the call clan rats because any near the verminlord or frenzy bell can be weaponized, giving me a larger potential damage block??? than say if i had 1 just unit of plague monks, the opponent would know to just avoid that block of plague monks. 

Edited by mmimzie

42 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

single/double death frenzy clan rats with +2 attacks from skaven brew and claw lord, and if really need the damage the warbringer can command ability as well. With  the warbringer buff they've taken out 20 man sequitor blocks reroll armor. 

Edit: and not saying it's omg the best thing in the game, gonna win everything, perfect list. Just that's what the current list does, and seeing if folks having any cool alternative recommendations that fit well. I like the call clan rats because any near the verminlord or frenzy bell can be weaponized, giving me a larger potential damage block??? than say if i had 1 just unit of plague monks, the opponent would know to just avoid that block of plague monks. 

Then may I suggest removing the vermintide to get an extra command point?

Or replacing the arch warlock with a warlock bombardier/engineer (they get the same reroll for the WLV but cost less, as you don't have other skryre units anyway).

You could then swap the gravetide with soulsnare shackles and still be left with 1950/2000 for an extra CP.

Cheers

• Like 1

Looks like I have my first tournament next month.. a team one.

Allegiance: Skaventide
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Verminlord Warpseer (300)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

Any glaring issues or synergy stuff I'm missing or doing wrong? I don't know how I feel about the Arch Warlock and Vortex. 

@Obeisance The basic shell seems fine, but I'm not sure that I like the Vigordust Injector with just 6 Warplock Jezzails. With VI, 6 Jezzails are averaging 2.66 mortals and 8 rend 2 damage per turn vs. 3 mortals and 6 rend 2 damage without it. That's not a lot of damage for 440 points and an artefact slot, especially given that the injector will kill a jezzail on average every turn. 

I'm also not a big fan of WLV without Skitterleap.

Vigordust is for the units, but I haven't really tried it yet. I just thought +1 charge/hit would be useful.

Ah, so people are Skitterleaping their Seers, to drop WLV in a good position. I could see that working, eating Warpstone on the Vortex. Do you need LOS to where you drop it?

I might try it out. Also would work for objective grabbing. Nice.

So what you're saying is that 6 Jezzails isn't enough? I don't think I can scavenge the parts to make more in time.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:54 AM, swarmofseals said:

I've been bouncing around a bunch of different variations on "9 Stormfiends" and have found that my deliberations have come down to two questions: the clanrats and the heroes.

For the rats, there are two obvious variations, one involving 3x40 Clanrats and one with 1x40, 2x20 Clanrats and 40 Plague Monks. The latter version requires shaving points from the characters. Alternately you can go for a slim 3x20 Clanrats version but I'm skeptical about that plan.

The character suite involves choosing some combination of the following: Arch-Warlock, Warlock Bombardier, Grey Seer, Grey Seer on Screaming Bell, Verminlord Warpseer, and Thanquol. There are several necessary roles to play: sparking/casting MMMWP, providing battleshock immunity, reliably casting Soulscream Bridge, and holding objectives in hero-focused missions. I've considered the following variations:

• Warlock Bombardier, Grey Seer, Verminlord Warpseer: this was my first version but I'm pretty sure it isn't correct. It hits 2000 exactly with 3x40 Clanrats, but with no bonus CP you are at risk to lose a lot of rats if you go second and eat an alpha strike.
  • Arch-Warlock and Verminlord Warpseer: Can't fit Plague Monks, but it does get a CP and a good shot at a triumph. Key Skryre caster is tougher, too.
  • 2 Warlock Bombardiers and Verminlord Warpseer: As per the second option, but no CP. Has the advantage of being less vulnerable to getting your warlock sniped.
  • Arch-Warlock and Grey Seer on Screaming Bell: Can fit the Plague Monk version, or can do 3x40 clanrats with room for something else. Battleshock bubble protection is much lower, but doesn't require CP. Not quite as tough for holding objectives as the Warpseer. If going the 120 Clanrat route, this build can take a backup Warlock Bombardier plus an extra CP. Could consider a Clawlord.
  • Thanquol and Warlock Bombardier: Can't fit the Plague Monk version, reliant on Inspiring Presence for Battleshock, and a bit less tanky than either the bell or the verminlord, but Thanquol is a much bigger threat and can cast Warpgale much more reliably. Can do 3x20 clanrats + 40 Plague Monks.
  • Thanquol and Arch-Warlock: as above but -20 Clanrats and plus an extra CP
  • Thanquol, Arch-Warlock and Grey Seer on Screaming Bell: the heaviest set of characters should be quite solid in battleplans where heroes cap, but requires trimming down to 3x20 Clanrats, so pretty suspect for horde cap battleplans.

I'd love to hear your thoughts as these are some very difficult choices!

Also, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this, but is the Clanrats box set the same as the IOB/Spire of Dawn Clanrats or are they different? I'm honestly not sure which ones I have, and I can't conclusively tell from pictures online.

I'm also debating the same issue...

What is your current setup of choice?

My core is

40 x Clanrats (200)
20 x Clanrats (120)
20 x Clanrats (120)
9 x Stormfiends (780)
Hell Pit Abomination (240)

Total: 1460 / 2000

To fill the rest, I can:

+ verminlord warpseer+ arch warlock + 20 clanrats

Or

+ screaming bell + arch warlock + 2*20 clanrats (so 3*40)

Or

+ screaming bell + arch warlock + chaos sorcerer lord (for some free mystic shields)

Or swapping arch warlock with bombardier for an extra CP, or 20 clanrats with a warp grinder team.

The core question is: is it enough to have 2 heroes (one to babysit the 9 stormfiends and the other for battle shock immunity)?

Then the question of how to best spend 160 points: pumping units of clanrats to 40, warp grinders, extra CP, endless spells, doomwheel, chaos sorcerer lord, ...

Tough call...

So what is everyone's favourite artefact? 

Suspicious Stone for the Warpseer, Sword of Judgement for the Corruptor, Vigordust Injector for the Arch Warlock and probably Skavenbrew for the Grey Seer?

And General trait? I don't see anything other than Verminous Valour, Master of Magic and Deranged Inventor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obeisance said:

Suspicious Stone for the Warpseer, Sword of Judgement for the Corruptor, Vigordust Injector for the Arch Warlock and probably Skavenbrew for the Grey Seer?

And General trait? I don't see anything other than Verminous Valour, Master of Magic and Deranged Inventor.

A death fury clawlord with things bane and devious adversary is really cool. Used him a few times and he always preformed. Had him trade with a ghoul king of terror ghiest general. 

Edit i don't take him because you need the warbringer and usualy with out artifacts a warbinger can make a unit of clan rats do about the same thing. 

Edited by mmimzie

Hey guys, I changed up my list a liiiittle bit, and would really appreciate some feedback. I was thinking of going 9 stormfiends, but I will not be able to finish painting that for the upcoming tournament this weekend. Anyway I swapped out the arch-warlock for a bomardier, so I could fit 1x unit of 40 clanrats. I'm just a tad afraid he will easily get taken down, with him having the overseer of destruction for the ratling gunners, anyway here is the list I'm debating on.

LEADERS

Grey Seer (140)

- Lore of Ruin : Death Frenzy

Grey Seer (140)

- Lore of Ruin : Skitterleap

Verminlord Warpseer (300)

- Artefact : Suspicious Stone

Warlock Engineer (100)

- General
- Command Trait : Overseer of Destruction
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!

UNITS

40 x Clanrats (200)

- Rusty Spear

20 x Clanrats (120)

- Rusty Blade

20 x Clanrats (120)

- Rusty Blade

1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)

40 x Plague Monks (280)

- Foetid Blades
- 1 x Icon of Pestilence - 1 x Contagion Banner - 1 x Doom Gongs
- 1 x Bale Chimes

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Warp Lightning Vortex (100) Vermintide (40)

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Well my favorite artefacts would be the vigordust injector, skavenbrew, the suspicious stone and the rune blade from the realm of chamon.

commantraits on the other hand would be brutal fury, master of magic, verminous valor, Overseer of destruction, deranged inventor and moulder supreme. 

The combination with brutal fury and the rune blade on the verminlord war-bringer, is fantastic.

Many mighty heroes have fallen to him.

So I'm looking at this as my set up for the army. There's a few things I'd like to ask/discuss.

What traits, artefacts and spells should I take? I've been thinking about the Warpseer with the MoM & stone to make keep him tanky and extra cast for his spell.

I'm not sure about the Bell. Should I maybe take Death Frenzy which can be used on all my units. What are your thoughts on Skavenbrew as the additional artefact? Will the bell need some more suitability (maybe in another save or ethereal)?

The Seer, Skitterleap worth it for the reposition of a few heroes. Or maybe Plague or Warpgale with the tokens? Is this seer even needed? 

- General
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury
Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (450)
40 x Clanrats (200)
20 x Clanrats (120)
40 x Plague Monks (280)
Battalions
Claw-horde (180)
Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

The other thing I could do is drop the Stormvermin down to 10. With increasing the other clanrats to 40, this would leave me with 260 points. At this point is it worth taking WLV? Maybe even with an Arch-Warlock for the re-roll? Would I then struggle with an additional unit which has damage potential?

Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Non-Skaven player in peace.

I was flicking through 4dChan for Skaven, and noticed that the Plaguesmog Congregation is described as a re-roll for the 4-up (i.e. 75% success) for 1MW ability.

I remember it being a 2-up (i.e. 83% success) for D3 MW and -1 to hit against shooting.

I haven't read the current Skaven book. Did it really get the triple nerf? Scary, as I was once considering converting an entire Plague Censer Bearer army around this battalion...

Edited by Kyriakin

19 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Non-Skaven player in peace.

I was flicking through 4dChan for Skaven, and noticed that the Plaguesmog Congregation is described as a re-roll for the 4-up (i.e. 75% success) for 1MW ability.

I remember it being a 2-up (i.e. 83% success) for D3 MW and -1 to hit against shooting.

I haven't read the current Skaven book. Did it really get the triple nerf? Scary, as I was once considering converting an entire Plague Censer Bearer army around this battalion...

Yeah, basically all Skaven battaillons were nerved.

2 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Hey guys, I changed up my list a liiiittle bit, and would really appreciate some feedback. I was thinking of going 9 stormfiends, but I will not be able to finish painting that for the upcoming tournament this weekend. Anyway I swapped out the arch-warlock for a bomardier, so I could fit 1x unit of 40 clanrats. I'm just a tad afraid he will easily get taken down, with him having the overseer of destruction for the ratling gunners, anyway here is the list I'm debating on.

-snip-

I like it, honestly. You're right in that the Bombardier can easily be targeted and taken out but... honestly the AW can be almost as easily killed if your opponent really focuses on it. I would do the same and downgrade it in order to pick up more Clanrats; like we always say they really do win you games.

47 minutes ago, Aelford said:

What traits, artefacts and spells should I take?

The Seer, Skitterleap worth it for the reposition of a few heroes. Or maybe Plague or Warpgale with the tokens? Is this seer even needed? 

The other thing I could do is drop the Stormvermin down to 10. With increasing the other clanrats to 40, this would leave me with 260 points. At this point is it worth taking WLV? Maybe even with an Arch-Warlock for the re-roll? Would I then struggle with an additional unit which has damage potential?

- If you put Stone and an Ethereal on those heroes as described you would be doing well for battleplans like Places of Arcane Power where Heroes\Wizards control the points; the tankier the better. I would absolutely take Death Frenzy in this list since you have 2 hard hitting blocks, no question there; you really don't need the 2nd Warpgale. I've seen people have success with Skavenbrew, your choice on a tankier hero or more kill-potential. I would personally just go with tankier as I don't think Monks typically need that extra attack and tend to kill or severely cripple whatever they charge anyway.

- I don't know that you need the Grey Seer on foot here, but I would be lying if I didn't say late game Skitterleaps onto an empty objectives haven't won me games. Is it worth taking for that reason though? Wither is an incredible spell but you will obviously need to get him in close for that, tucked in with Clanrats.

- Now here is where a Grey Seer is worth it; I think WLV is always worth taking, but you need at least the Grey Seer w/ Skitterleap to cast it unless you just want to throw it out later in the game or for area denial early on. The AW\Engineer is the best option but the Grey Seers 3d6 roll (remember, this doesn't also get the +1 from a Gnawhole) is close enough. You could always Skitterleap the Warpseer if you really want and he'll get a +2 on casting WLV (MoM + Gnawhole) which can be quite good as well, plus he isn't susceptible to rolling a 13 and exploding.

Obviously I tend to play more shooting focused lists, especially in this day and age with the activation wars raging on. These are just my opinions on how I would build it though, but I think you have a solid enough foundation as-is. As always, try different things over the course of 3ish games and see what works and change accordingly.

• Like 1

So, I know people have been interested in Eshin and I always was too until I saw they became no better after the update. To be honest, I'm tired of having 100 converted rats sitting in my closet so I will likely be painting them up. I'm aiming for a fun list that I can use with newer players or players that are a little more casual; it would present a nice challenge compared to nuking everything with Fiends\Jezzails\Magic. I think ways to run Eshin are pretty set-in-stone in most cases, but with the models I have this is about the best I can do.

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
- General
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
- Artefact: Gnawbomb 
Deathmaster (100)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 

Battleline
20 x Gutter Runners (200)
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)

Battalions
Slinktalon (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129

WLV is an up-in-the-air addition. It would likely be dropped against new players and I would ask casual ones if they want me to bring it or not after explaining what it does. If I do drop it, it would probably be replaced with a CP + Vermintide or some other spell.

Sometimes I really miss being able to "ally" in something from another Clan.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I have a doubles tournament coming up at 1k each, and my partner will be running Gristlegore FEC. I am planning on focusing on board control with 80-100 bodies while he goes hunting with his terrorgheists. Which list would you take? C+C appreciated, of course!  

Here’s his list:

Leaders

Abhorrent Arch-Regent

Varghulf Courtier (General)

Units

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

And here’s my first choice

Leaders

Verminlord Warpseer (General)

• Master of Magic - Command Trait
  • Suspicious Stone - Artefact

Clawlord

• Verminous Valour  - Mighty Warlord Command Trait

Units

40x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

40x Plague Monks (Woe Staves)

And my second choice:

Leaders

Verminlord Warpseer

Warlock Engineer (General)

• Deranged Inventor - Command Trait
  • More-more-more Warp Power!

Units

40x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

20x Skryre Acolytes

Endless Spells

Soulsnare Shackles

Edited by Shirtripper

3 hours ago, Shirtripper said:

Hello everyone! I have a doubles tournament coming up at 1k each, and my partner will be running Gristlegore FEC. I am planning on focusing on board control with 80-100 bodies while he goes hunting with his terrorgheists. Which list would you take? C+C appreciated, of course!  

Here’s his list:

Leaders

Abhorrent Arch-Regent

Varghulf Courtier (General)

Units

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

And here’s my first choice

Leaders

Verminlord Warpseer (General)

• Master of Magic - Command Trait

Clawlord

• Verminous Valour  - Mighty Warlord Command Trait

Units

40x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

40x Plague Monks (Woe Staves)

And my second choice:

Leaders

Verminlord Warpseer

Warlock Engineer (General)

• Deranged Inventor - Command Trait
  • More-more-more Warp Power!

Units

40x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

20x Skryre Acolytes

Endless Spells

Soulsnare Shackles

Well since your partner seems to be focusing on combat I would trop the plague monks and the claword for either more clanrats, or for jezzails and Warlock bombardier/engineer.

Lague monks are fantastic but a terrorgheists will literally kill anything in combat, meaning your much slower plague monks will literally be thrown  away points.

I would just try and take what your partner lacks, like bodies and shooting.