5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Num said:

Hi,  I have sone questions about clan Moulder please:

- does the master moulder ability restore the unit as it was at the beginning (e.g. 40 giant rats) or as it was when destroyed (e.g. 10 giant rats were left in the unit when they got destroyed)?

- do you think that the battalion is worth the 160pts for the single drop and the 4+ instead of 5+ ability?

- has anybody played moulder lists with some success?

I think I'll try a core with a screaming bell, chronomantic cogs, master moulders, 80 giant rats and 6 rat ogors (I don't have any hellpit abomination yet)

Cheers

It says that you place an identical unit onto the battlefield, when a or the unit gets destroyed.

meaning a unit of 40giant rats that died can be returned as it was before.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Skitterleap the caster forward into range of your foe and in range of one of your gnawholes.

in the movement phase you’ll just select the caster, you just skitter-leaped forward for the transport through your cheeseholes back to safety.

I thought since Skitterleap says "That hero may not move on the following movement phase" and Gnawholes say "this counts as the units move for that movement phase" that you can't move a Skitterleaped hero through a gnawhole in the same turn.

Edited by KingOfSuede

15 minutes ago, KingOfSuede said:

I thought since Skitterleap says "That hero may not move on the following movement phase" and Gnawholes say "this counts as the units move for that movement phase" that you can't move a Skitterleaped hero through a gnawhole in the same turn.

AFFEFA0A-F0E3-4A24-B8C3-314365CD9537.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 3:35 PM, Num said:

That is tempting...

But I have never been able to clearly decide which melee hammer is more worthwhile between the stormvermins and the rat ogors...

I feel they are quite equivalent, besides the model count.

Any thoughts?

I haven't used stormvermin at all besides 1-2 games, so I can't give a proper comparison but I've used rat ogors many a times and they are good in units of 4+. They deal tons of damage and can crush or put a huge dent into any unit they get the charge on. Only downside is that rat ogors are actually pretty squishy due to their bad save and bravery, you need the master moulder or at least packmasters as well to make them not get instantly destroyed if your opponent gets the initiative. This increases their cost by another 60 to 100 pts essentially, they're not a cheap investment just like stormvermin.

In a way I think stormvermin could be better over the long-term game, but rat ogors give much more immediate results which fits my playstyle more. I agree that they are pretty equivalent, just depends on the situation.

Going to a tournament here soon. I have decided to take Skaventide as my army.
I have been having some trouble making a list but here is what i got so far, what are your thoughts? Please share them and give me ideas on how to change the list, if you have any :)

Leaders:

Verminlord Warpseer - General - Master of Magic - Suspicious Stone - 300

Verminlord Corruptor - 280

Verminlord Warbringer - 280

Arch - Warlock - 160

Units:
40 Clanrats - Swords - 200
40 Clanrats - Swords - 200
20 Clanrats - Swords - 120

40 Plague Monks - Foetid Blades - 280

Ratling Gun - 60

Ratling Gun - 60

Ratling Gun - 60

2000 Points

Edited by Congratz

8 minutes ago, Congratz said:

I have been having some trouble making a list but here is what i got so far, what are your thoughts? Please share them and give me ideas on how to change the list, if you have any :)

If you taking 3 rattling gunners I would take the Arch - Warlock as general with the overseer of destruction as command trait. 

I would put the sword artifact (can’t remember the name) on the corrupter if you are taking him. Or maybe swap him out for a grey seer with skitterleap and the WLV combo?

31 minutes ago, Congratz said:

I'd drop the verminlord corruptor for something else. If your monks have dual foetid blades then there's not really a point in bringing the corruptor since they'll already be rerolling hits. His spell is good for horde killing but besides that he's the weakest verminlord in combat. The only exception would be if you can use realm artefacts in the tourney, sword of judgement is really good on the corruptor and will make him very kill-y. Having a grey seer with skitterleap would still be a good idea though.

2 grey seers for skitterleap and double death frenzy on your monks with the warbringer's spell could be a good replacement too.  I think the overseer of destruction's rerolling hits of the ratling guns would be better than +1 to cast dreaded warpgale, I'd change the general and command trait to the arch warlock. The artefact can be put on the warpseer or warbringer, or the grey seer if you decide to use one.  

You could also do 1 grey seer with the WLV, or even another unit of plague monks if you swap out the corruptor. Up to you really.  And remember to not overcharge the arch warlock's spell, despite how tempting it may be 😄

@Darkhan, @Skavelynn Thanks for the input! I tried to update the list like you said and i came up with two ideas!:
 I think i like the first lit most, and are the Ratling Guns really worth it? Thoughts?
I have also heard that before the point increases, Verminlord Heavy Lists worked quite well, is this still the case?

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Overseer of Destruction 
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Verminlord Warpseer (300)
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 189

Spoiler

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 184

Edited by Congratz

11 minutes ago, Congratz said:

@Darkhan, @Skavelynn Thanks for the input! I tried to update the list like you said and i came up with two ideas!:
 I think i like the first lit most, and are the Ratling Guns really worth it? Thoughts?
I have also heard that before the point increases, Verminlord Heavy Lists worked quite well, is this still the case?

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Grey Seer (140)
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Endless Spells / Terrain

No reason in my opinion to bring two grey seers if you dont bring the WLC imo:) 

I have only tried 3 rattling guns 2 times, but it was devastating, people don't really see their insane potential when buffed with sparks, overcharged and rerolling hits. It super deadly:) just remember to wrap them up with clan rats.

Second list looks the best of those two:) 

People got different flavors tho:)

Edited by Darkhan

9 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Grey Seer (140)
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Endless Spells / Terrain

Ratling Guns deal so much damage with warpstone sparks. Their only weakness is if the enemy also had good shooting, ratling gun range is rather short compared to a lot of shooting units, and they can be picked off easily. Screening and positioning is important.

Verminlord heavy lists should still be good, just more expensive. I think the second list is the better one, unless you really like the double death frenzy idea. WLV is just so strong, and the warbringer will already provide death frenzy. There's also the option of decreasing the clanrat units to 20x to bring both double seers and WLV, but I personally like having at least 1 unit of 40.

10 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Thank you very much! @Skavelynn @Darkhan Second list it is! I just hope it's competitive enough :D 

It should be, I hope:D run some test games. 

My list is almost the same. Only I swapped out the warbringer with 6 jezzails. And a second grey seer, so I have less clan rats.

You can also fit the vermintide in your second list for 40 points.

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 1

So two lists. What do

List 1:

Warpseer -General -Suspspicious Stone -Master of Magic.
Bell
Bombardier
Warbringer

x40 rats - spears
x20 rats - Swords
x20  rats - Swords

x6 Jezzails
x6 Jezzails

Warp Lightning Vortex

List 2:

Bell
Bombardier

x40 rats - spears
x20 rats - Swords
x20  rats - Swords

x6 Jezzails
x6 Jezzails

x40 Plague Monks, woe staves + blades. Then full banner loadout.

Warp Lightning Vortex

I'm considering dropping the bell for ??? - While it's fun, its peal is completely random and I hate babysitting the thing. Any recommendations there? Considering switching it out for a regular Seer with skitterleap for first turn bomb WLV shenanigans. But then I'd have 80 points left.

2 hours ago, AngryPlatypus said:

So two lists. What do

List 1:

Bell
Bombardier
Warbringer

x40 rats - spears
x20 rats - Swords
x20  rats - Swords

x6 Jezzails
x6 Jezzails

Warp Lightning Vortex

List 2:

Bell
Bombardier

x40 rats - spears
x20 rats - Swords
x20  rats - Swords

x6 Jezzails
x6 Jezzails

x40 Plague Monks, woe staves + blades. Then full banner loadout.

Warp Lightning Vortex

Go with the second list; the Warbringer, while a substantial support caster, doesn't have good targets for DDF unless you feel like polishing those Clanrats. You also have another hammer in the list with the Plague Monks to move up once things have been softened up by the WLV and the Jezzails.

2 hours ago, AngryPlatypus said:

I'm considering dropping the bell for ??? - While it's fun, its peal is completely random and I hate babysitting the thing. Any recommendations there? Considering switching it out for a regular Seer with skitterleap for first turn bomb WLV shenanigans. But then I'd have 80 points left.

I think you're taking the Screaming Bell for the wrong reason if you think keeping nine models around it is considered a chore. A Grey Seer on foot is a good choice. If you want to buff out the last 80pts you can fill out a squad of Clanrats to 40, run another 10 Plague Monks, take different flavours of Endless Spells (Soulsnare Shackles pairs well with WLV), or you could buy a CP.

17 hours ago, Num said:

Hi,  I have sone questions about clan Moulder please:

- does the master moulder ability restore the unit as it was at the beginning (e.g. 40 giant rats) or as it was when destroyed (e.g. 10 giant rats were left in the unit when they got destroyed)?

- do you think that the battalion is worth the 160pts for the single drop and the 4+ instead of 5+ ability?

- has anybody played moulder lists with some success?

I think I'll try a core with a screaming bell, chronomantic cogs, master moulders, 80 giant rats and 6 rat ogors (I don't have any hellpit abomination yet)

Cheers

i play a moulder list that im having a fair amount of success with providing the dice gods are in my favour and im not against ironjawz (bloodtooth battalion)

current list looks like this and it seems to be alright ( would likely have more success if i remembered to use my rabid crown artefact)

Spoiler

220 - grey seer on screaming bell - verminous valour (command trait)  - death frenzy (spell) - skavenbrew (artefact)

100 - master moulder (battalion with whip) - rabid crown (artefact)

100 - master moulder (things catcher)

300 - rat ogors x 6  (battalion)

180 - Giant Rats x 30 (battalion)

240 - Hell pit abomination (battalion)

160 - Fleshmeld menagerie

60 - packmasters (battalion)

40 - Vermintide (endless spell )

i would say the 4+ is worth it from the battalion as it gives you a 50% chance of a revive on a full squad of ogres rather then a 33% chance, 

• Thanks 1

Hi-hi

First post here on tga. I had a small amount of rats back in WHFB and a friend has recently talked me into playing AoS. Naturally the furry ones are the first place I headed.

I’ve only actually played once so far, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading up and have a good idea of what I want to do.

First rule: Rule of cool is #1. It’s what drew me to Skaven originally. That means there are a couple of units that are auto-include for me in any list. The Bell and the Doomwheel. Beyond that I’m quite flexible, though I’m not really a fan of the Pestilens aesthetic and I love Skryre.

I currently own the Carrion Empire box and 80 odd clanrats. I’m currently thinking of building towards the following.

List: 

- Grey Seer on Bell

- Arch-Warlock (General; Deranged Inventor)

- Bombardier

- 40 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- 6 Stormfiends (Shooting options)

- Warpgrinder

- Doomwheel

- Warp Lightning Cannon

Spells: Warp Lightning Vortex and Vermintide

Plan: I’ve read that the endless spells are good, and they fit the theme. The idea would be to skitterleap the AW in range to cast them, then pop the Stormfiends and Warpgrinder up next to him. Deranged inventor and sparks will kick out a ton of damage while the vermintide and Warpgrinder screen them a little. The Doomwheel can support and take advantage of the sparks. The Clanrats move up to take the objectives supported by the bell and the WLC plinks away at the characters.

Thats the basic idea anyway. Not had chance to test it yet, but looking forward to giving it a go. :D

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MisterJoshua said:

Hi-hi

First post here on tga. I had a small amount of rats back in WHFB and a friend has recently talked me into playing AoS. Naturally the furry ones are the first place I headed.

I’ve only actually played once so far, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading up and have a good idea of what I want to do.

First rule: Rule of cool is #1. It’s what drew me to Skaven originally. That means there are a couple of units that are auto-include for me in any list. The Bell and the Doomwheel. Beyond that I’m quite flexible, though I’m not really a fan of the Pestilens aesthetic and I love Skryre.

I currently own the Carrion Empire box and 80 odd clanrats. I’m currently thinking of building towards the following.

List: 

- Grey Seer on Bell

- Bombardier

- 40 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- Warpgrinder

- Doomwheel

- Warp Lightning Cannon

Plan: I’ve read that the endless spells are good, and they fit the theme. The idea would be to skitterleap the AW in range to cast them, then pop the Stormfiends and Warpgrinder up next to him. Deranged inventor and sparks will kick out a ton of damage while the vermintide and Warpgrinder screen them a little. The Doomwheel can support and take advantage of the sparks. The Clanrats move up to take the objectives supported by the bell and the WLC plinks away at the characters.

Thats the basic idea anyway. Not had chance to test it yet, but looking forward to giving it a go. :D

As ones a, or better said one of our many heard voices told us-us, 

trying and finding the perfect list for yourself is the most important thing to do in a game system like this one.

and to be perfectly honest with you, this list looks quit amusing and has a good mixture between fluff (the lore) and one of the rather favored skaven shooting.

still I can see your cunning plan clearly and I do like it.

just remember there is more in the battletome than meets the Eye.

full of tricks just waiting to get exploited.

1 hour ago, MisterJoshua said:

Hi-hi

List: 

- Grey Seer on Bell

- Bombardier

- 40 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- 20 Clanrats

- Warpgrinder

- Doomwheel

- Warp Lightning Cannon

The list looks great :)

But don't forget the skaven spell Lores. The arch warlock can cast more more more warp power which is somehow better than the deranged inventor trait (reroll hits and wounds but D3 damage to the unit afterwards). This could allow you to make your bell general instead (e.g. with master of magic).

Cheers

Edited by Num

Thanks, it should at least be competitive then. I weren’t sure if not including a Vermin Lord would set me back as most lists go for them. I’d prefer to wait for the bell to drop one in and surprise me :D

Yes, the AW will have MMWP. The idea with Deranged Inventor is that it’s guaranteed, so if the AW needs to recast the Endless spells, or Warp Lightning people, or the fiends can’t afford the wounds then they  can still re-roll. If I get MMWP off then I can get the Doomwheel in range to take advantage of Inventor. That’s the plan anyway. Besides, no AW worth his name wouldn’t be leading his army!

Im unsure on the Artefact. I was tempted by the vigourdust injector but think it could be piling too many wounds on the fiends. I’m leaning towards the Esoteric Warp Resonator so I can use more sparks for re-rolling spells and still have one a turn for shooting. I need to build and paint a lot of models before it’s a consideration though.

I’m working on a slimmed down version for Meeting Engagements to start with. 40 rats, 3 fiends, bombardier as general with the wheel and cannon. Should be fun to trial

Playing escalation vs Seraphon tomorrow.  

*Key point - game is only 750 points* 

If I have the choice, *do I defer turn 1 to the Slann?*

Depending on what I bring, not sure I’d have everything in range of the Slann if I go first.

Also - *What do I bring against Serephon?*

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Playing escalation vs Seraphon tomorrow.  

*Key point - game is only 750 points* 

If I have the choice, *do I defer turn 1 to the Slann?*

Depending on what I bring, not sure I’d have everything in range of the Slann if I go first.

Also - *What do I bring against Serephon?*

Assuming they're going with the heavy summoning route, they will have far better board control than you can ever hope for.. especially at 750. Any good Seraphon player is going to put Great Rememberer on the Slann and keep in the corners of the board as a summoning battery (or teleport to an objective and summon on top of it), meaning you won't be hitting him with much of anything besides maybe Jezzails or a WLC.

If you bring WLV and can get it right on top of the Slann and other core units T1 (Skitterleap), then I would definitely take T1 and do just that and hope for the best on your casting rolls. Another staple is either a WLC or 3-6 Jezzails... obviously at least 60 Clanrats. With whatever is left you could throw in warpfire or ratling guns.. hell even a Doomwheel if you get good rolls on movement, that thing could have a chance at catching up to it and shooting it down. But until you kill that thing, you'll likely always be playing on the back foot.

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

Assuming they're going with the heavy summoning route, they will have far better board control than you can ever hope for.. especially at 750. Any good Seraphon player is going to put Great Rememberer on the Slann and keep in the corners of the board as a summoning battery (or teleport to an objective and summon on top of it), meaning you won't be hitting him with much of anything besides maybe Jezzails or a WLC.

If you bring WLV and can get it right on top of the Slann and other core units T1 (Skitterleap), then I would definitely take T1 and do just that and hope for the best on your casting rolls. Another staple is either a WLC or 3-6 Jezzails... obviously at least 60 Clanrats. With whatever is left you could throw in warpfire or ratling guns.. hell even a Doomwheel if you get good rolls on movement, that thing could have a chance at catching up to it and shooting it down. But until you kill that thing, you'll likely always be playing on the back foot.

Seraphon is hard at low points because their summoning is flat in power level, it doesnt scale at all.  They get virtually the same summoning power at 750pts as what they get at 2000pts and combined with teleport its a pain. We played a 2v2 (1000pts each player) and 1 guy had a slaan summon list with EotG, by T3 the board was flooded in skinks and you could barely move with all the roadblocks or the threat of a backfield teleport onto your objectives.

I'd try either to assassinate the Slaan (jezzails, gutter runners, WLC, deciever) or flood the board with clanrats and try take T1 and hold objectives and make him work to beat you. its an awkward game size vs that list.

@Nikobot Right, I play against Seraphon almost every week and the worst time has been at anything below 1750 due to what his summoning allows. It's probably the easiest army to summon with, next to Slaanesh. Definitely an uphill battle at low points.

You can't win an attrition war against skink spam with Clanrats.. not until you remove the Slann (and EotG if they have one) from the table which needs to be done within T1/2 most of the time or it's likely too late, depending on the objective. I've got tired of him using Shadowstrike all the time, buts easy compared to a 2-3 EotG Thunderquake list potentially summoning in 60 Skinks per turn.