5kaven5lave

Hey guys, I just added Skaven to the AoS Reminders App. It has all clans ready to use! Skaven has been the most requested army for this tool, by far - and I can understand why after adding SO many rules to the code :)

If you haven't heard of/used AOS Reminders yet, give it a whirl - enter your army, traits, artifacts, etc, and it'll spit out a nicely printable list that you can take with you to tournaments. Very helpful for army with lots of stuff happening in each phase - like Skaven!

I need a favor from you guys - please go through and check out the rules and make sure I have them right.  I did my best to keep up with the battletome, but please, check it out. Leave any issues here on TGA, or on Github here: https://github.com/daviseford/aos-reminders/issues

• Like 5

5 hours ago, daviseford said:

Hey guys, I just added Skaven to the AoS Reminders App. It has all clans ready to use! Skaven has been the most requested army for this tool, by far - and I can understand why after adding SO many rules to the code :)

If you haven't heard of/used AOS Reminders yet, give it a whirl - enter your army, traits, artifacts, etc, and it'll spit out a nicely printable list that you can take with you to tournaments. Very helpful for army with lots of stuff happening in each phase - like Skaven!

I need a favor from you guys - please go through and check out the rules and make sure I have them right.  I did my best to keep up with the battletome, but please, check it out. Leave any issues here on TGA, or on Github here: https://github.com/daviseford/aos-reminders/issues

Really cool, I'm going to check this out and share with friends

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, daviseford said:

No Masterclan traits

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daviseford said:

You're a gentlerat and a scholar!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, daviseford said:

Just a suggestion, you might want to consider adding the Skaven's forgeworld models in as well. Their warscrolls, as well as warscrolls for units used for other armies are listed on the forgeworld website.

Edited by Lobeau
Typos

4 hours ago, daviseford said:

Sorry about that! Fixed it just now!

No need to apologise buddy! Thanks for your hard work!

I realised my original comment was a bit blunt as well so sorry about that haha, really appreciate what you're doing and will certainly put it to use in future!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daviseford said:

That looks fantastic🤩🤩

3 hours ago, Lobeau said:

Just a suggestion, you might want to consider adding the Skaven's forgeworld models in as well. Their warscrolls, as well as warscrolls for units used for other armies are listed on the forgeworld website.

Hey, thank you very much for mentioning this! I didn't know FW made Skaven models :D 

They have been added to the tool. Great feedback, thanks again!

2 hours ago, Hagbean said:

No need to apologise buddy! Thanks for your hard work!

I realised my original comment was a bit blunt as well so sorry about that haha, really appreciate what you're doing and will certainly put it to use in future!

It's all good, I took no offense to your comment. Someone telling me how to improve the tool is basically my dream come true :) Glad you like it.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:11 PM, daviseford said:

Hey, thank you very much for mentioning this! I didn't know FW made Skaven models :D 

They have been added to the tool. Great feedback, thanks again!

It's all good, I took no offense to your comment. Someone telling me how to improve the tool is basically my dream come true :) Glad you like it.

Is this just a web based platform or is there a downloadable application for phones? Just curious.

Alright everyone, monthly tourneys over and I have my 2 games up on my batrep blog. Feel free to give any feedback or comments either on the blog post or here (probably the latter in case there's any discussion of list usage\questions\etc. so everyone can see).

It was a good time minus one not-so-great-guy but... that's all covered below. I love using the magic heavy list (this was an altered version of the BOBO 2nd place list) and plan to do it again, barring no crazy changes that make it impossible to still use effectively. Thanks everyone!

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Sweet write up, thanks G. Any thoughts on Endless Spells now that the price of almost all those in your list have gone up?

As is, I think I'd drop the spellportal as it rarely got used and when it did it was just for Wither..so if I drop the Grey Seer it'll be even more pointless. I didn't get a good chance to use geminids that often but obviously when I did that -1 can be crippling. The biggest factor in how this changes will be when we get our FAQ in a week or two.

7 hours ago, frostfire said:

Masterwork absolutely! Fantastic reports!  Btw do you think the screaming bell fits well in a heavy magic list?

I think it definitely could with Peal being such a great ability. Problem for me is finding those extra points without sacrificing Clanrats or endless spells...again, since I'm sure we'll get numerous point increases. Once we get that FAQ I may try it depending how points look.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, really glad you enjoyed. If I get a chance to play the list again before any changes, I'll probably drop the Grey Seer, Spellportal and add 20 Clanrats + the Purple Sun since it's only 50 now which would put me right at 2k again. Of course with this league forcing me to play FeC (super burnt out playing with them) it may be another month before Skaven see another game... But we'll see.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, States said:

@Gwendar How did you quarter the elves move to 2"? The warpgales halve the run and charge, not move

Right, I did that at first because I was a bit overwhelmed not playing Skaven in awhile. I wrote in my notes as such but we found out the round after and corrected it. It wouldn't have made a difference either way. I'll edit to reflect.

Played my first match for my stores Escalation league, won against Deepkin, will edit post with a quick batrep when I get to my computer

EDIT BATREP TIME:
This was both our 4th games of AoS, looking at my opponents warscrolls again, he missed a lot of his abilities and I do feel bad about it. He spent a lot of the game chewing through a single unit of Clanrats. Ok, anyways, my army:

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
General
-Command Trait: Malevolent
-Artefact: Sword of Judgement

Warlock Bombardier (100)
-Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: MMMWP

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
-Spears
20 x Clanrats (120)
-Blades

Units
3 x Stormfiends (260)
-Ratling Cannon
-Windlaunchers
-Shock Gauntlets

Total: 940
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0/400
Wounds: 96

Battleplan was Knife to the Heart and we were playing this one with the 2018 GHB because the league technically started last Sunday and our store's delivery got messed up so we didn't even have the new books.  Opponent was playing Deepkin. Something with 2 small heroes (Lotann and Isharann Soulrender I think?), with 2x10 Thralls, 2x10 Reavers, one unit of Eels.
I won the die roll for picking sides and picked the side where the objective fell on a hill of terrain, figuring it'd be easier to hold. Placed one Gnawhole in my deployment behind the objective, and the other 2 on either side of my opponent's deployment, hoping to draw him out or redirect his attention. Started the game with my Blades on the objectives, Spears up front in 3 ranks of 13 with my Verminlord tucked in, Bombardier sitting on the Gnawhole with my Stormfiends ready to go through if my opponent takes first turn and neglects to stop me.

He ends up giving me first turn so Hero phase has me casting MMMWP on my Stormfiends, and failing a Mystic Shield on my Clanrats Spears. I walk my Spears up a little, march my Blades down the slope, but slinked back to keep holding the objective. I have to shuffle my Stormfiends out of Gnawhole range, but Windlaunchers get a potshot at the Reavers and manage to kill 3 or 4 through their cover. His round has him charging his Eels up to try to tie up my Clanrats. 😏😏 Little does he know.

Game continues with the general process of getting my spells off uncontested in my Hero Phase because he doesn't have any Wizards, Stormfiends killing everything at range (the only damage they took was from MMMWP and they took out an entire unit of Reavers, a Hero, some Thralls, and 2 Eels), and my Verminlord saving against his archers. He lost the bulk of his army being tied up in combat with my one unit of Clanrats while my Verminlord and Stormfiends harassed from the back. Sword of Judgement got 2 6's in 2 attacks which I got the full 6MW for each. Really unlucky for him.

Only dicey moment was in the 3rd round when he finally broke through my Clanrats, I had ran my Swords up to take their place, but were about 5 inches off from doing that effectively. He was able to fly his Eels onto my objective and despite only having about 7 models left, was a double turn away from getting enough units onto my objective to end the game. Luckily for me, he wasn't thinking about this and combat ended with 2 Clanrats holding a hero and 3 Thralls in combat, to stop even a double turn from saving him.

Ended the game with my Verminlord, a single Clanrat, and 3 Stormfiends huddled around my own objective.

Lastly, the game probably would have been totally different had I not moved my Stormfiends for the cheeky pick off at the start. I could have Gnawholed my Stormfiends through turn 2 because he moved out of range of one of the holes, and been in range to hit a unit of Reavers with both weapons, possibly killing the entire unit and splitting his focus.

Edited by KingOfSuede
Wowee
  • Like 2

I did want to add to the "fixing" skaven discussion a bit earlier, but quite simply, the WLV needs a complete re-write. Truly that's all that's necessary. I wanted to make a point about points which is is that not everything can be fixed with adjusting this part of the game. Just consider the scenario where it goes up by 50 points to compensate. I'm willing to bet players would still run it (because its that good) and for those that don't, its because its so absurdly costed it wont ever be considered. From a game design perspective, this is just un-fun for the whole community. There's not a lot of precedent for rewriting warscrolls outside of new books for our game but I'm hopeful.

The fact that GW has shown such commitment to fast turn-a-round for FAQ's, implementing player feedback and showing incredible improvements in transparency makes me hopeful about the changes coming to skaven and FeC to boot. I don't believe we'll see any more than 20 pt changes for the most part, staying consistent with the GHB so not too worried about that.