5kaven5lave

Heya, 

New member here, i just got so mega hyped with this release i had to make an account. In any case, it's interesting hearing all the different results from you guys. I cant wait to get to practice with this battletome myself. 

I have a tournament coming up next month, and i want to try out the rats in a competitive setting. My first idea was to try and recreate my glory days of WHFB with a sort "oldschool" list - but im afraid it wont have enough damage output for tournament style play. What do you guys think? less variety for some Storm Vermin maybe? All battle reports and findings are appreciated! 

2k Skaven:
Screaming Bell (200)
Clawlord (100)
warlock (100)
warlock(100)
Battleline:
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Other:
WLC (180)
WLC (180)
HPA (220)
Doomwheel (160)
Spells:
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Shackles (20)
Balewind Vortex (40)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raskata said:

Heya, 

New member here, i just got so mega hyped with this release i had to make an account. In any case, it's interesting hearing all the different results from you guys. I cant wait to get to practice with this battletome myself. 

I have a tournament coming up next month, and i want to try out the rats in a competitive setting. My first idea was to try and recreate my glory days of WHFB with a sort "oldschool" list - but im afraid it wont have enough damage output for tournament style play. What do you guys think? less variety for some Storm Vermin maybe? All battle reports and findings are appreciated! 

2k Skaven:
Screaming Bell (200)
Clawlord (100)
warlock (100)
warlock(100)
Battleline:
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Other:
WLC (180)
WLC (180)
HPA (220)
Doomwheel (160)
Spells:
Shackles (20)
Balewind Vortex (40)

It looks good.

edit: there isn’t much I can say about the skaven right now.

but 120clanrats who are protecting you back line is definitely a good start, for the rest I would suggest to you to try your list a few times against some friends out, just too get an idea and feeling for that list.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

7 minutes ago, Raskata said:

Heya, 

2k Skaven:
Screaming Bell (200)
Clawlord (100)
warlock (100)
warlock(100)
Battleline:
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Other:
WLC (180)
WLC (180)
HPA (220)
Doomwheel (160)
Spells:
Shackles (20)
Balewind Vortex (40)

I think...

- bell

- doomwheel

-shackles

-1 engineer

And

+grey seer

+ some kind of verminlord

+ something else, perhaps spare CP?

Hmm yeah maybe some change like that.

I do feel like the Battle shock immunity is worth the extra 80 pts; Especially when running 120 clan rats. But then, i havn't had a chance to test this out, and the 13" range might prove too hard to manage while also sitting on objectives.

But yeah, the doom wheel and engineer might have to go. 

Casual observation here, but I spotted wolfrats getting a mention in the Battletome, but I didn't spy any mention of Brood Horrors nor Warpgnaw Verminlords. Though both Verminlords and Moulder listings do leave themselves open for other things existing. Just curious to see that the wolf rats got a dedicated mention and might hint at something in the future from GW central (of the three skaven models wolfrats are at least of a size GW could do easily in plastic if they wished). 

I'm aware Forgeworld took down the loan Broodhorror and only kept the mounted version up (and from my googling around the saddle is moulded into the body so its not just a case of leaving the warrior off) 

1 hour ago, Raskata said:

Heya, 

2k Skaven:
Screaming Bell (200)
Clawlord (100)
warlock (100)
warlock(100)
Battleline:
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Clanrats x40 (200)
Other:
WLC (180)
WLC (180)
HPA (220)
Doomwheel (160)
Spells:
Shackles (20)
Balewind Vortex (40)

I say take it out for a spin and see what happens! You've got artillery to pump out mortal wounds, the HPA is a beast, the Screaming Bell will mitigate battleshock, bodies for objectives, the Doomwheel is (usually) pretty mobile and Gnawholes help with that too; I am a convert with regard to the Warp Lightning Vortex and I really want to see it combo'd with the Shackles, so by all means keep everything, find someone to throw it against and then you'll have a better idea of what works, what doesn't and what you're lacking.  We need more data before we can really get going with our theory crafting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

So played my game vs. Stormcast today, Focal Points in Ulgu. We called it at the end of round 4, 19-10. I stormed into a early lead but couldn’t sustain it due to lack of bodies (played pure Skryre so no Clanrats). I’ll condense it down to a few +s and -s. 

+ Grey Seer on Balewind with the Warp Lightning Vortex is seriously dangerous. That spell did so many MWs. My magic phases with an Arch-Warlock and Bombardier were dominant.

+ 3x WLCs were racking up the MWs. I made the mistake of trying to pile it all into a Stardrake with the 4+ MW save and he ended up soaking up at least 40 in total before he died due to amazing dice. I should’ve focussed on smaller units to whittle down bodies which would’ve helped me take objectives. 

- I overcharged too much. Some are safe, like the Warlock ones where you can use a shard to reroll, or the Doomwheel one but I needed to not get carried away by all the beers I had and keep it sensible until I’m at death’s door. 

- Stormfiends. My dice were awful (both me and my opponent agreed) but they did horribly. I feel the new Warpfire Projectors are great anti-horde but vs. elite they really struggle. That 4+ to hit is a real obstacle, or at least it was for me today. 

So I feel I’ll do a lot better as I get used to it a lot better and I settle into the book, but Skryre without Clanrats is gonna be a tough sell. 

Glad to see Skaven wizard + Balewind + WLV is proving effective, I think that's going to be a must-have (for me, at least).  

The warpfire/wind launcher choice is a bit of a toss-up vs Stormcast. Given that you will probably only have one in a unit, three attacks at 4+/4+ is not super enticing, in spite of the -3 rend and the d3 damage as the odds of actually being able to take advantage of those things is not high (one windlauncher Stormfiend has a 42% chance of doing sod all). 

11 minutes ago, States said:

What base size is the doomwheel and thanquol on now? Official faq says 105mm oval, but they came with 90mm oval bases!

I was wondering this as well. 90mm honestly seems rather small, especially for Thanquol and all the little rats included for the base. Mine is on a 105mm. I wonder if we'll be getting a new FAQ soon for the Skaven and FEC

1 hour ago, Skavelynn said:

I was wondering this as well. 90mm honestly seems rather small, especially for Thanquol and all the little rats included for the base. Mine is on a 105mm. I wonder if we'll be getting a new FAQ soon for the Skaven and FEC

Well I put thanquol on the 90m for now so I can paint. if needed, ill trim the base and put it on a 105m. My doomwheel is still on like a 120m (same base as wlc) as there was no official size for it and at the time, the community had an unofficial guide. Waiting to see if I have to change it

48 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

So. How are you filling your battlelines? First I was thinking 2x40 Clanrats and 40 Stormvermin.  But the Stormvermin have a hefty pricetag and I can't fit much else as I want to use a Verminlord Warpseer and/or Thanquol too. 

Yeah you just named it.

Stormvermins are very pricey right now (still hoping they‘ll get a bit cheaper)

but if it comes down to damage output they are near unstoppable (if buffed).

Using a bulk of 2x40clanrats and 40Stormvermin could have potential.

I tried a list oit the other day where I literly just had those 80clanrats and 40stormvermins who where accompanied by two flamers a grey seer, Warbringer and the usual clawlord.

and well my storvermins did tons of damage.

But to be truthfull I only had one game with it, and really want to see how it works against well more tournamanet oriented players.

According to the Azyr app, clanrats, storm vermin and storm fiends are all battline when I have an all skryre list apart from the clanrats of-course.

Edit: Also just noticed that 200 of my ally points have been used up by the clanrats. 

Edit 2: this appears to have been a glitch from using an existing list as the basis, it now breaks the skryre allegiance when in remove and add the clanrats.

Edited by kreggurree
Typo

The battletome is quite exciting. There are so many possibilities.

Unfortunately, I mostly play at 1k so it's very difficult to choose 😫

I finally crafted three different lists. My only constraint was the army size, as I must be able to fit everything in a small box (so no verminlord + bell + 80 clanrats ...).

Moulder 1k - The Tarpit

The idea is to push the big horde forward to battle. Lots of bodies but no range.

• General: Screaming Bell: Master of Magic / Death Frenzy spell
  • Master Moulder: Artifact Rabid Crown
  • 40 giant rats
  • 40 giant rats
  • 6 rat ogors

Verminus 1k - The Deepstriking Vermin

The idea is to deepstrike around gnawholes. 40 clanrats can deepstrike with the warp-grinder, along with a skitterleaped Clawlord, and the skryre acolytes pushed through a gnawhole to clean things up. The assassin can create a surprise gnawhole too. The grey seer farms command points ans skitterleaps heroes from far away.

• General: Grey Seer: Supreme Manipulator / Skitterleap
  • Clawlord: Verminus valour
  • Deathmaster: Gnaw Bomb
  • Warlock Engineer: More-more warp power
  • 40 clanrats
  • 20 clan rats
  • Warp-grinder
  • 15 Skryre acolytes

Skryre 1k - Whac-a-Mole

The idea is to scatter long-range units around the three gnawholes, so that the enemy cannot catch them. Whenever it gets risky, the units teleport to another gnawhole. If the enemy goes for the objective instead, they get fired upon.

• General: Grey Seer: Master of Magic / Plague (or warpgale) / Suspicious stone  (gnawhole 1)
  • Warlock Bombardier: Chainwarp Lightning (gnawhole 2)
  • Warlock Bombardier: Warp shield (gnawhole 3)
  • Warp-Lightning Cannon (gnawhole 2)
  • Warp-Lightning Cannon (gnawhole 3)
  • 5 Skryre Acolytes (gnawhole 1)
  • 5 Skryre Acolytes (gnawhole 2 or 3)
  • Warp Lightning Vortex
  • Balewind Vortex (for the grey seer)
  • Soulsnare Shackles
  • Vermintide

Feedback is welcomed 😀

Cheers

On 2/14/2019 at 9:19 AM, Kirjava13 said:

Sky Skaven Spotted! Clan Skryre has definitely got flying machines of their own. Arch-Warlock Steelklaw has his own skyfleet: "Built around cannibalised Kharadron craft and the fevered designs that have poured from Steelklaw's mind, dozens of armoured dirigibles, lightning-ships, warpfire barges and klawbombers take to the sky." The best bit? It's called "The Much-Great Sky-Kill Air Armada" 😂

Last year my gf and I began work on a team army. Skryre and Overlords, with the doomwheel being built from a cannibalized gunhauler. 

Looks like we were ahead of our time!

• Like 1

AoS is sort of trying to be Steampunk on the side I think - I can well see a lot of factions either having KO stolen airships and/or flying islands! 

Certianly Skaven stealing airships shows that the rats are far more deadly now - they had a hard time stealing one in the Old World (indeed mighty leader Thanquols plans to steal both airship and steamtank met with less than ideal results)

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Certainly  Skaven stealing airships shows that the rats are far more deadly now - they had a hard time stealing one in the Old World (indeed mighty leader Thanquols plans to steal both airship and steamtank met with less than ideal results)

Well better then trying to steal the black pyramid of Nagash.

Oh wait they tried to do that too in some way, never mind than 😂