5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Shirayuri said:

Oh really? What is it mostly used for?

Will make your guys battle shock immunes it's effects are just good and can't be dispelled. It learns a spell from the grey seer table as well so potentially with the build your going the best ones would either be plague or warp gale.

If you make it your general you bring it and no break your skyre battleline options. 

46 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Will make your guys battle shock immunes it's effects are just good and can't be dispelled. It learns a spell from the grey seer table as well so potentially with the build your going the best ones would either be plague or warp gale.

If you make it your general you bring it and no break your skyre battleline options. 

Oh wonderful. Only I notice it needs 10 models around it to move... with 6 Stormfiends (2 x 3) and 15 Acolytes is the danger of it becoming immobile worth it? I don’t suppose SFs count as two or anything right?

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Sadly Stormfiends don’t count as 2models for moving the Screaming bell.

Ah that is a shame. If I were to add the Screaming Bell to my current list it would look like this:

-Leaders- 

Grey Seer on Bell 

Bombadier

Bombadier

-Battleline- 

3x Stormfiends

3x Stormfiends

15x Acolytes

-Artilery-

3x Warp Lightning Cannon

-Behemoths- 

2 x Doomwheel 

total: 1960pts

Do you think despite the low number of models that Bell could still be useful?

57 minutes ago, Shirayuri said:

Ah that is a shame. If I were to add the Screaming Bell to my current list it would look like this:

-Leaders- 

Grey Seer on Bell 

Bombadier

Bombadier

-Battleline- 

3x Stormfiends

3x Stormfiends

15x Acolytes

-Artilery-

3x Warp Lightning Cannon

-Behemoths- 

2 x Doomwheel 

total: 1960pts

Definitely put him next to a gnawholes and you’ll be able to transport it even without any help from other units

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shirayuri said:

Like Screech said, the Gnawholes could be useful. So long as it doesn't get bracketed, the range on Peal covers a pretty huge area.. at the very least you can have it sit back on a Gnawhole by itself, or let the Acolytes move it, but to be honest I would rather have them run + shoot at something than babysit a Screaming Bell.

You could just drop it and run an Arch-Warlock since you're going heavily into Skryre. This would leave you at 1920 to start with an extra CP, or you could throw in 5 more Acolytes to make a solid unit of 20 and be at 1980. Or you could throw in a Grey Seer on foot and have room for a WLV + Shackles. But that's just my 2 cents.. I think with the amount of Skryre you have, you would want to maximize your engineer count (for your WLC's) over having a Screaming Bell that will largely not be able to move as it works best with Clanrats in my opinion.

Hey all, my question got abandoned at the bottom of the last page so I'm just going to repost it: Does remaining stationery within 1" on a gnawhole trigger the damage effect? I saw in a battle report where the opponent placed a unit directly ON a gnawhole to stop anything from coming through and left it there. Does staying still constitute ending a move? 

36 minutes ago, TheBluMnM said:

Hey all, my question got abandoned at the bottom of the last page so I'm just going to repost it: Does remaining stationery within 1" on a gnawhole trigger the damage effect? I saw in a battle report where the opponent placed a unit directly ON a gnawhole to stop anything from coming through and left it there. Does staying still constitute ending a move? 

In the core rules it is stated that you can move as many units you want to move, meaning that basically a unit can be chosen to not be activated for the movement phase, meaning that the model who wasn’t moving didn’t end a move within the terrain.

This is at least how I understand it.

as for the unit who blocked that terrain for a whole game, stop whining he literally left a unit that could have done something, so he literally paid points for a unit who did nothing.

Perfect for us-us, less fight-killing in combat, more victory points for us-us,

More glory for the great horned rat!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

In the core rules it is stated that you can move as many units you want to move, meaning that basically a unit can be chosen to not be activated for the movement phase, meaning that the model who wasn’t moving didn’t end a move within the terrain.

This is at least how I understand it.

as for the unit who blocked that terrain for a whole game, stop whining he literally left a unit that could have done something, so he literally paid points for a unit who did nothing.

Perfect for us-us, less fight-killing in combat, more victory points for us-us,

More glory for the great horned rat!!

Ok awesome! Yea a unit that does nothing is as good as dead, so it's win-win.

Cheers Skreech! You truly are the wisest-sneakiest of all the great horned rat's children.

Welp, its taken me a couple of weeks to come to terms with the fact that Thanquol&Boneripper just can't fit well into my stores Escalation League, but after numerous number shifting, I just don't think I can do it.

Especially since we're not doing anything objective based (I think because my store owner is playing with a list that specifically can't hold objectives 🙄), I think I have to opt for much more shoot-y, cast-y lists each week.

I'll return when I get home from work and post my tentative ideas for each stage.

59 minutes ago, KingOfSuede said:

I think because my store owner is playing with a list that specifically can't hold objectives 🙄

So.. why even bother having an escalation league? What defines a players skill is those objectives and not having them just gives blatant advantage to lower model count armies in my opinion.

Anyway, Thanquol is pretty great, especially with that +3 next to a Gnawhole. But I agree in that I'm not too certain he's worth it in the long run. Curious to see what lists you come up with!

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If one was choosing a Masterclan HQ for an Eshin army, would one prefer a Verminlord Warpseer or a Screaming Bell?  One is leaning towards a Warpseer but one could be misguided.

I think Warpseer is generally the type of thing that fits in anywhere well so personally I would go with that. Bell could work well too, but I think the CP generation, spell-casting and huge BS bubble CA work out better in the end when comparing the two in this regard.

13 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Like Screech said, the Gnawholes could be useful. So long as it doesn't get bracketed, the range on Peal covers a pretty huge area.. at the very least you can have it sit back on a Gnawhole by itself, or let the Acolytes move it, but to be honest I would rather have them run + shoot at something than babysit a Screaming Bell.

You could just drop it and run an Arch-Warlock since you're going heavily into Skryre. This would leave you at 1920 to start with an extra CP, or you could throw in 5 more Acolytes to make a solid unit of 20 and be at 1980. Or you could throw in a Grey Seer on foot and have room for a WLV + Shackles. But that's just my 2 cents.. I think with the amount of Skryre you have, you would want to maximize your engineer count (for your WLC's) over having a Screaming Bell that will largely not be able to move as it works best with Clanrats in my opinion.

I see, thank you for that. The reason I was curious is, I currently only have Carrion Empire x2 and by buying the Pestilens SC I could add a warp lightning cannon and convert the monks to acolytes. I was worried the bell would be useless though. Mhm. A bit stuck now 😛

10 hours ago, Shirayuri said:

I see, thank you for that. The reason I was curious is, I currently only have Carrion Empire x2 and by buying the Pestilens SC I could add a warp lightning cannon and convert the monks to acolytes. I was worried the bell would be useless though. Mhm. A bit stuck now 😛

Nah, for a way to get started it would do just fine. You're still getting a great deal as the Bell\Furnace on it's own is ~$60 so if you intend to use it in the future then I would definitely go for it and spend the extra $30 to get all 3. 

Just from a min\max standpoint, I would definitely go with the AW as suggested, but the Bell can still do just fine until you buy (or convert) one.

Rambling aside.. I think you'll do just fine with one, especially if you get it moved up in the first turn or so with the Acolytes.

Edited by Gwendar
typo

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Nah, for a way to get started it would do just fine. You're still getting a great deal as the Bell\Furnace on it's own is ~$60 so if you intend to use it in the future then I would definitely go for it and spend the extra $20 to get all 3. 

Just from a min\max standpoint, I would definitely go with the AW as suggested, but the Bell can still do just fine until you buy (or convert) one.

Rambling aside.. I think you'll do just fine with one, especially if you get it moved up in the first turn or so with the Acolytes.

Aww amazing thank you for that. Then I’ll be sure to grab that SC :)

7 hours ago, Shirayuri said:

Aww amazing thank you for that. Then I’ll be sure to grab that SC

BTW, with  a bit of kitbash (really, a little bit), you just magnetize the grey seer on the bell. Becaus e if yyou don't need the bell, a grey seer is  at least useful but most of time  a must have. Probably one of our best HQ.

41 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

How  viable is a moulder force ? 

Rat Ogors are pretty good. Giant rats seem great with their "range" but aren't all that punchy. Of course HPA are really punchy but random movement can be the bane. Stormfiends don't benefit from buffs but are your only dedicated shooting.

May want some magic though, so either a masterclan general or bring the clanrats.

Was having a muck about trying to get a Skryre batallion working the other day but man, that scroll really is one of the most overpriced, useless hot messes in AoS. Can’t complain too much as the rest of the book is aces, but it is a shame as pure Skryre really suffers. 

1 minute ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Was having a muck about trying to get a Skryre batallion working the other day but man, that scroll really is one of the most overpriced, useless hot messes in AoS. Can’t complain too much as the rest of the book is aces, but it is a shame as pure Skryre really suffers. 

I’m a bit upset that Stormfiends equipped with rattling guns don’t get the reroll of 1s to hit in the rattlegauge warplock formation.

but I guess with the exception of the battaillon costing a fortune and the formations not being able to be taken on their own, it isn’t that bad actually.

Still I’ll enjoy the book to its full extent, for ever.

Yes-yes