5kaven5lave

12 hours ago, gronnelg said:

@Skreech VerminkingCast ALL THE SPELLS, kill eels, stay out of combat. Got it! Thanks 🙂 Yeah, I know u should use clanrats instead, but these are all the models I own 😛

Unt ja, Ich will scheise die fisch - elf! 

PS. Your German is way better than mine at any rate 😛

I must have mistaken you for somebody else then, sorry😅, Anyways good luck today, now go out there and bring glory to the great horned rat!!

Edited by Skreech Verminking

This is my list of skryre "shot"list..some suggestions to make it more competitive?like realm,add units etc etc

Allegiance: Skryre

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (260)

10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)

Units
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Battalions
Arkhspark Voltik (110)
Rattlegauge Warplock (120)
Warpcog Convocation (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

Edited by minthras

2 hours ago, minthras said:

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (260)

10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)

Unfortunately if you go clanrats, you have to go all clanrats as battleline. Stormfiends and Acolytes lose their battleline status in mixed lists. So either the clanrats have to go or you add in a 3rd clanrat unit.

11 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Unfortunately if you go clanrats, you have to go all clanrats as battleline. Stormfiends and Acolytes lose their battleline status in mixed lists. So either the clanrats have to go or you add in a 3rd clanrat unit.

mmh ok..so something like this :

Allegiance: Skryre

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor 
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: The Brass Orb 
Warlock Engineer (100)
Battleline
Units
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Stormfiends (260)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
War Machines
Battalions
Arkhspark Voltik (110)
Rattlegauge Warplock (120)
Warpcog Convocation (60)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

idk..its a good thing maybe took 3x units of clanrats for "barricade" my shots units?in that case i can move out 1x stormfiends and the 5x acolytes for 3x20 clanrats

Hey there, fellow backstabbing kin!

It's that time again where I stop lurking and start contributing again! After a hefty IDK binge I've decided to run Skaven at an upcoming 2-day event. I also hope to be on board to help others here again now that I have the time again. Other than that, I would like your opinion on this 2000pt list and any changes you would make to it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

A bit late to the party but congrats to TalesOfSigmar for the impressive tournament report and results!

testers.PNG

Edited by robbobobo

@robboboboAt first I was kinda skeptical, but I'm starting to like this list. Is well built around syngeries, centered primarly on the stormvermin, and then the warbringer will bring hell the turn brutal fury is activated. So possible drawbacks are that this list will probably be 1. a bit CP intensive, with both warpseer and clawlord wanting to be activated, 2. you have limited hero sniping abilities, and thus will find it hard to break synergies, 3. you cannot let the stormverming or warbringer get charged.

@robboboboyour list has its similarity with mine, the only difference beeing that your going out more on endless spells and I went a bit more skryre.

the Good part about mine list and yours in particular, are that we have body’s, enough to control almost all of our board.

the problem we will face, us the destruction of our very expensive Stormvermin unit, which will need protection.

But for anything else your list seems to be rather interesting.

You  lack  shooting, but since your magic will mostly deal with what you lack, you should be fine to go.

now I don't know how the list will work or so, but it could have potential.

30 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Is the warpcog convocation 1 drop? 

Meaning the 1 arch warlock + the 2-5 enginecovens is treated as 1 drop?

Yes, 1 Battalion = 2-5 Covens + AW so it is one drop.

Edited by Gwendar
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, gronnelg said:

@robboboboAt first I was kinda skeptical, but I'm starting to like this list. Is well built around syngeries, centered primarly on the stormvermin, and then the warbringer will bring hell the turn brutal fury is activated. So possible drawbacks are that this list will probably be 1. a bit CP intensive, with both warpseer and clawlord wanting to be activated, 2. you have limited hero sniping abilities, and thus will find it hard to break synergies, 3. you cannot let the stormverming or warbringer get charged.

I'm not concerned about the CP use since the Warpseer can generate 1 on a 3+, D3 on a 6, and benefits from Cunning Manipulators allowing for a potential refund on a 5+.  By the time I would have to consider using GGotB! I would have CP to throw around barring any Inspiring Presence use.  Still something to keep in mind.

18 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

@robboboboyour list has its similarity with mine, the only difference beeing that your going out more on endless spells and I went a bit more skryre.

the Good part about mine list and yours in particular, are that we have body’s, enough to control almost all of our board.

To be honest I was a little inspired by the monster mash/endless spell overload lists I've seen recently. I know further iteration is required, and I might end up going a different route by the end of it.

18 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

the problem we will face, us the destruction of our very expensive Stormvermin unit, which will need protection.

A block of 40 Stormvermin looks cool, does cool things, and is cool to flaunt. If they die, they die. If anything it's a 500pt Distraction Carnifex that will turn attention away from the heroes or be misjudged and leave your opponent wondering why their hardest hitting unit got minced. Sure I could get 80 Plague Monks which do much more and roll more dice for 20pts less, but it's the spectacle that counts.

• Like 1

tried this list in a game last friday vs maggotkin

heroes

400 - thanquol as general with death frenzy spell, and 4 x flamethrowers

100 - master moulder with rabid crown

battleline

300 - rat ogres x 6

300 - rat ogres x 6 

300 - rat ogres x 6

behemoth

220 - hellpit abomination

other

260 - stormfiends  doomflayer, rattling cannon, flamers

60 packmaster x 3

60 packmaster x 3  

but ended up being destroyed by maggotkin after they sniped my master moulder off the board by turn 2 using plague squall,  and wrath of the gods (twist card)

have made adjustments to what i could run now, what are people opinions of this list, also where can you get 20 cheap giant rats i have roughly 20 at the moment and don't fancy buying 4 rat ogre with giant rats sets

heroes

200 - grey seer on screaming bell as general with death frenzy spell,  and verminous valour command trait

100 - master moulder with rabid crown

100 - master moulder (battalion)  with foulhide

battleline

300 - rat ogres x 6

300 - rat ogres x 6 

300 - rat ogres x 6

200 - giant rats x 40 

behemoth

220 - hellpit abomination

Warscroll battalion

160 - fleshmeld menagerie

other

60 packmaster x 3

endless spells

40 -Vermintide

20 - Soulsnare shackles

total 2000

@Cullen rothery, if I’m not mistaken then you should be able to get around 20guant rats with the plague monk set.

the doomwheel also gives you this little beast, but if you really don’t want to buy any of those kits, I’d have a look at eBay or ask somebody who stopped playing the skaven race, He might have some giant rats left and sometimes will be rather happy to sell them

So I have a 1200 point tournament this Saturday that's being advertised as "casual", so more of a chance to take things I like rather than optimizing for cut throat tournament play. In saying that, I know what I take is rather inconsequential, but that I'd post it up here for a little feedback anyway. 

HQ:

Arch Warlock - MMMWP, Vigordust Injector

Bombardier - General w/Deranged Inventor 

Units:

Stormfiends x3 - Ratling cannon, wind launcher, shock gauntlets

Acolytes x15

Jezzails x6

WLC

Total: 1160/1200

Plan is to use the Bombardier to help support the WLC and Jezzails that will mainly be responsible for hero sniping and taking out priority targets. The stormfiends will be the "front line" unit, but with a bit of ranged punch with the above setup. I figure they won't last long from any type of dedicated combat unit, but the models are so freaking awesome. Acolytes are there to back up the fiends or potentially grab a lightly guarded objective. Arch Warlock does Arch Warlock things.

I decided to not bring the WLV on purpose, as I expect a number of newer players to attend and don't want to be that guy that creates an un-enjoyable experience. That's also why I decided on a pure skryre list, but I do have quite a few other models available should any of the above look to be "too casual" or maybe just an odd choice. 

Anyways, looking forward to any feedback. Thanks

19 hours ago, Brakkus said:

So I have a 1200 point tournament this Saturday that's being advertised as "casual", so more of a chance to take things I like rather than optimizing for cut throat tournament play. In saying that, I know what I take is rather inconsequential, but that I'd post it up here for a little feedback anyway. 

HQ:

Units:

Acolytes x15

Jezzails x6

WLC

Plan is to use the Bombardier to help support the WLC and Jezzails that will mainly be responsible for hero sniping and taking out priority targets. The stormfiends will be the "front line" unit, but with a bit of ranged punch with the above setup. I figure they won't last long from any type of dedicated combat unit, but the models are so freaking awesome. Acolytes are there to back up the fiends or potentially grab a lightly guarded objective. Arch Warlock does Arch Warlock things.

I decided to not bring the WLV on purpose, as I expect a number of newer players to attend and don't want to be that guy that creates an un-enjoyable experience. That's also why I decided on a pure skryre list, but I do have quite a few other models available should any of the above look to be "too casual" or maybe just an odd choice. 

Love a bit of pure Skryre so it looks good to me. I think 6 Jezzails is gonna be pretty powerful. I might suggest having your Arch-Warlock as general as he’s tankier and giving him both Deranged and Vigordust since your Bombo can take MMMWP as the spell, that way you can divvy up your buffs as necessary, eg. You could use A-W buffs to move your Jezzails then have them reroll hits and wound on 2s, then give MMMWP with Bombo to the Acolytes and watch them overkill every living thing. 

20 hours ago, Brakkus said:

HQ:

Units:

Acolytes x15

Jezzails x6

WLC

I would sooo bring the WLV;p 

Worth every point!

@5kaven5lave I see your point on putting everything into the AW, as he is more survivable than the Bombardier, and I was envisioning their roles as you described but flipped. I figured the Bombardier would hang back more with the jezzails and cannon. That way I can overcharge the cannon or provide the re-roll buff to the jezzails should they need to move. The Bombardier could also provide MMMWP to the jezzails if they need it that turn as well.

Then the AW would move up with the fiends and acolytes to give whichever needs MMMWP or vigordust more. As you said, he's also a tankier so he's better suited to push up closer to the front lines than the squishy Bombardier. 

@Darkhan I agree the WLV is worth everypoint, but there's 2 reasons I didn't bring it. 1 is, as I mentioned, it's a more casual/friendly type event with a potentially high number of newer players and I just think WLV could be a very negative play experience, especially for a newer player. 2 is that to include the WLV I would have to make some changes to the list to include it, as I'm short 60 points. The two changes that most readily jump out to me is I could downgrade the AW to either an Engineer/Bombardier or reduce the acolytes to 10. I don't really want to do either, as I feel the AW is much better than either of the two engineer HQ's and if I reduce the acolytes any further I might as well just take a min unit to fill out my battleline.

If either of you feel differently or are seeing something that I'm missing, please point it out to me.

Appreciate the feedback and welcome any more. I'll for sure report back after the tournament and let you know how it goes. Skaven has been a great time for me since the new book and I'm looking forward to playing and learning more moving forward

@Brakkus To throw some of my own feedback in, I think you're on the right track. MMMWP will benefit the Stormfiends or Acolytes more than it would the Jezzails since you typically bank on the MW's from them. That said, I've used MMMWP on 9 Jezzails and was able to 1-shot 2-3 different heroes in 1 shooting phase thanks to those re-rolls. You have a good answer for someone to sit in the back and front and center.

I agree on the WLV, and I'm totally with you on excluding it from a casual event. Anytime there's an escalation league around here I don't bring it as I anticipate many new players to come along who will get turned off to it...

..but again, with the way many armies are seeing power creep, there could be something else that turns them off to the game that's worse than the WLV (like a Gristlegore list getting to potentially attack 4 times on their turn before you can). It could be worth it to bring it along and at least drop it close to units so they understand how it works and teach threat ranges which helps if they plan to play competitively at any point. Of course if any competitive people show up, drop it right on their head with no mercy.

Hey, just have a quick question that I had about gnawholes that also came up in a battle report  I watched. Does a unit count as having ended a move if it remained stationary within 1" of a gnawhole? In the battle report, the opponent had planted a unit of spawn ON the gnawhole to prevent stuff from coming through and didn't move them. I didn't see it in the Skaventide FAQ, but maybe its a core rules question about what constitutes ending a move?

Has anyone else run into this?

Hiya~ 

I was thinking of expanding on a Carrion Empire x2 Skryre army by adding a Start Collecting Clans Pestilens to it. With some of the Plague monks converted to Acolytes I can make 1960pts, but is the Grey Seer a waste here? 

It’s a cool model, but just wanted to see if it’s viable (even if not super competitive). 

54 minutes ago, Shirayuri said:

Hiya~ 

I was thinking of expanding on a Carrion Empire x2 Skryre army by adding a Start Collecting Clans Pestilens to it. With some of the Plague monks converted to Acolytes I can make 1960pts, but is the Grey Seer a waste here? 

It’s a cool model, but just wanted to see if it’s viable (even if not super competitive). 

the screaming bell is really good.