5kaven5lave

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah technically seen, although did you know that the clawlord on Brood horrors only costs 160p rather then 220 by now🤔😅.

He got much cheaper and even if he lost the stackable gnash gnaw ability, he is worth his points.

I dont lie that i want winning army this time, i hawe one which i use for fun but as my local meta is very competetive no point using it on turnaments.

30 minutes ago, Entombet said:

I dont lie that i want winning army this time, i hawe one which i use for fun but as my local meta is very competetive no point using it on turnaments.

I still need to buy myself one (or finish painting my clawlord on bonebracker ratogre which I then will proxy as one) but he would be my triumphcard in a tournament.

an unkillable monster.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

24 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Definitely.

I can’t say if this will win you every game, since I don’t really know how you play your skaven, but the potential of winning is there.

Technicaly last time i played them in world die gone.

I'm thinking about using 40 plague monks in a list, however i won't have anything else pestilens!
Whats best for weapon loadout:
2 Foetid Blades for the re.roll to hit? or 1 blade and a woe staff for 3 attacks per model? (5 on the charge!)

1 hour ago, Congratz said:

I'm thinking about using 40 plague monks in a list, however i won't have anything else pestilens!
2 Foetid Blades for the re.roll to hit? or 1 blade and a woe staff for 3 attacks per model? (5 on the charge!)

Foetid Blades from my own experience.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

Technicaly last time i played them in world die gone.

Well from the list you showed us, your probably better of investing your points in something else.

clanrats buffed by a clawlord isn’t bad but since your already going in so heavy with shooting I’d just leave him and instead take as you already mentioned a mother wizard (grey seer/warlock) and the wpv.

Since the metha has shifted towards more of a  alpha strike theme, the WPV will be very helpful to you.

and with the Dreaded Warpgale and warpgale you’ll be able to shut down deathstar units.

37 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Those of you who now take jezzails over WLC - do you still feel the need to take a Skryre hero along to buff them, and if so what spells/abilities do you favor to buff the jezzails?

Yup, like Skreech says, using the Warpstone token to make them +1 damage is vital to make them really killy. The More-More-More-Warp-Power spell from the Skryre Lore is also great to get those re-rolls to hit and wound if you need to move them. But just remember the D3 MW at the end of the next Hero Phase which could get rid of one stand of Jezzails.

49 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

@TalesOfSigmarSo would you say that MMMWP is generally worth, or only in certain situations?

Only in certain situations, with Jezzails you're rerolling to hit if you don't move anyway. If you really need to move the extra 6" then it's probably worth using MMMWP because otherwise you're only hitting on a 4. and you need Jezzails to hit as hard as possible.

5 hours ago, gronnelg said:

Those of you who now take jezzails over WLC - do you still feel the need to take a Skryre hero along to buff them, and if so what spells/abilities do you favor to buff the jezzails?

As above, I think they're definitely needed for either MMMWP or the spark. I run mine with 30 Acolytes so I always take the AW as my General so I have access to MMMWP, Vigordust, Sparks and Deranged Inventor. All of which allows me to buff both groups in some way depending on the situation.

Often times I will give Deranged Inventor to the Jezzails so I can move them (Gnawhole movement is still movement) and they can keep their RR hits while the Acolytes get MMMWP. Vigordust and Sparks are used on whoever I think will need it most at the time.. but no matter what you do, Skryre units really want to be buffed.

On the same-ish topic, these are all reasons to take 9 Jezzails or 25-30 Acolytes as the buffs will slowly kill them and reduce their effectiveness.

8 hours ago, Congratz said:

staffs are ALOt better on the charge becuase it's nto just 5 attacks, but also the third row also geting 2 more attacks.  so the balance ends up being like 2 attacks rerolling vs 7 attacks. 

However, if not on the charge and you have death frenzy Paired blades lets you keep your punch. 

9 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I still need to buy myself one (or finish painting my clawlord on bonebracker ratogre which I then will proxy as one) but he would be my triumphcard in a tournament.

an unkillable monster.

for the brood horror, i think it's good and i'm pretty strictly competitive, but honestly i just don't like how the model looks at all, and to further rationalize he cost me 2 CP.  The forgeworld skin astethic is soooooo different from the GW one i hate how it clashes. 

48 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

staffs are ALOt better on the charge becuase it's nto just 5 attacks, but also the third row also geting 2 more attacks.  so the balance ends up being like 2 attacks rerolling vs 7 attacks. 

Just had a look at the charge ability from the plague monks, god I didn’t even realized that he changed their rule😱.

5attcks on the charge is fantastic

6 hours ago, mmimzie said:

HPA question here:

To me it seems if you death frenzy an HPA  it can pike in and attack, and then you could roll to see if it comes back?

The wording for the death role of the HPA and deathfrenzy is literally the same.

I would say that It all happens at the same time meaning you can choose in which order you want to use this abilities.

59 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The wording for the death role of the HPA and deathfrenzy is literally the same.

I would say that It all happens at the same time meaning you can choose in which order you want to use this abilities.

Not that it matters tooo much the HPA gets pretty harshly punished when it's taken a lot of wounds. 

16 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Just had a look at the charge ability from the plague monks, god I didn’t even realized that he changed their rule😱.

5attcks on the charge is fantastic

W8 so it will give +1 to the blade and +1 to stave?. But looking from the point of single 40 monks without support do it will still be better than 3 attacks with reroll hit?.

Edited by Entombet

2 hours ago, xking said:

Would it be cool that when the "slaves to Darkness" battletome drops. It had rules for the slaves to take the mark of the horned rat, and be counted as skaven?( or skaventide ?)

Would this be interesting or useful?

Nop to both.

it makes no sense fluff wise.

the Horned rat is specifically the god deity of the skaven race and not a god meant to be worshipped by  man-things.

Also the horned rat is basically all of the for chaos gods (khorne, Slaanesh, nurgle, tzeentch) combined in some way, meaning that it is almost impossible to worship the great horned rat in 1aspect.

basically if you really want to serve the horned rat with the iron wearing man-thing just don’t take any mark.

or make your own horned rat devoted man-things.

although for The actual game I really wouldn’t like the idea.

te skaven are something for themselves, and giving other chaos worshipper the skaventide or skaven keyword would make no sense.

basically the skaven keyword has a similar meaning like the aelve, mortal, human etc. Keyword.

Skaventide is basically just a keyword showing their allegiance and factions which the chaos warrior definitely shouldn’t be a part of.

33 minutes ago, xking said:

You should read the novel "warbeast".  It had slaves to Darkness that worship the rat.  

It always makes me laugh (not in the "it's stupid" way, I really like the idea). People worship Chaos Gods, because of promise of power with becoming the Daemon Prince as the ultimate prize. But with GHR i think it works like that: you worship him, work for him, further his plans and then you achieve ascension - but when you think you'll become a Verminlord, he turns you into lowly Skaven and your fellow ratmen goud you to work in warpstone mines. Hey, what did you expect of the god of cowardice and treachery?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, xking said:

You should read the novel "warbeast".  It had slaves to Darkness that worship the rat.  

To be fair, the skaven are a bit "lolwut, look at those stupid man-things trying to worship us." and send them to be slaughtered (or slaughter them themselves, I don't recall exactly :D)  

6 hours ago, Mayple said:

To be fair, the skaven are a bit "lolwut, look at those stupid man-things trying to worship us." and send them to be slaughtered (or slaughter them themselves, I don't recall exactly :D)  

Well more slave-thing for us-us🤗

anyways will be playing against a friend of mine, who is currently ranged to be at the top in my local area.

will be playing or using:

Heros:860p

1Verminlord Warpseer:260p(General; Master of magic, and that stone thingie)

3x1Screaming bell:600p(warpgale, skitterleap, deathfrenzy)

battleline:520p

1x20Clanrats:120p

2x40Clanrats:400p

others:480p

1x40Plague monks with double blade:240p

1x40Plague monks with staff and blade:240p

endless spells:160p

Warplightning vortex:100p

spellportal:60p

total:2020p